• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least, there's the War Games AI (Steitzerbot), but I'd be really surprised if we didn't meet at least one Infinity AI. It's a gigantic ship, I'm sure there are quite a few running around in there.
I think it's safe to assume. Old but relevant to the topic. Also reading comments about the theory in Jorge returning is quite interesting. There is 0 Intel of any Infinity A.I. until H4:FUD and TTW is released. Hmm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPeMxbvCjYo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think it's safe to assume. Old but relevant to the topic. Also reading comments about the theory in Jorge returning is quite interesting. There is 0 Intel of any Infinity A.I. until H4:FUD and TTW is released. Hmm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPeMx...e_gdata_player
One particular comment:
^ 6:30 About noble team, "atleast one of them could have survived",

The Halo Bulletin: 5.2.12 , by frank o connor: About Halo 4, There will be recognizable Halo universe objects and artifacts everywhere. There will even be a very large, imposing, and famous Spartan II ...

Was he talking about Jorge?

enagravity 1 month ago
http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/05/02/The-Halo-Bulletin-5212.aspx

Going to that bulletin it's clear he's talking about Chief and FUD.

^"We didn't see all of their fates one of them could have atleast survived" = Jun
Yeah him too, but imo about Jorge, the commenter had a decent theory. With the timeline gap of Juns status is a bit large, leaving us (the fans) unaware of his part being played into account until later, I hope. Would be interesting if either one of them made a return. :)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jorge was easily one of my favorites out of the otherwise lackluster Noble team but I really feel it's just wishful thinking for a return on his part.

So now that Frankie is in Europe, could that mean there is still some hope for Halo 4 at Gamescom? It's in about 2 weeks so some info would be really nice. Real nice yep yep yep.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Crazy talk. Kat, Carter, and Jorge were all great.
One of my favorites, the other was Kat.

Carter was like if you could hear paint dry and his death was the weakest of the bunch though Kat's was just poorly contrived.

Emile didn't do much for me and Jun was not around enough so I don't feel one way or the other for him. Finally Noble Six just felt like a by the book soldier, no real personality for obvious reasons.

Ryaaan14

Banned
One of my favorites, the other was Kat.

Carter was like if you could hear paint dry and his death was the weakest of the bunch though Kat's was just poorly contrived.

Emile didn't do much for me and Jun was not around enough so I don't feel one way or the other for him. Finally Noble Six just felt like a by the book soldier, no real personality for obvious reasons.

Surely a troll, right? Right? :_(

All the deaths were meaningless to some extent, because they were underdeveloped and that made it hard to even care about them.

I have to say, I began to like Kat at the end of the level :p. But there was no real connection. I mean in Deus Ex (spoiler for the game incoming)
When Malik, your pilot, died, I was really pissed of. I was trying to kill as few people as possible but I just went berserk on the guys who just killed her. That's the connection I want to feel to characters in a game

Not enough time is given to build a bond with Noble, so apart from the "coolness" of deaths like Emile's, I found it hard to care.
The rest of Noble Team didn't impact gameplay in just about any significant way so the only death I found truly effective was my own, at the end.

The whole Noble Team/Squad of Spartans was a disappointing wash for me.

Computron

I have to say, I began to like Kat at the end of the level :p. But there was no real connection. I mean in Deus Ex (spoiler for the game incoming)
When Malik, your pilot, died, I was really pissed of. I was trying to kill as few people as possible but I just went berserk on the guys who just killed her. That's the connection I want to feel to characters in a game

Just in case you didn't know,
you can actually save Malik

I don't believe this has been discussed yet.
Aside from Cortana (and the possible Didact's A.I. | Hacking or
Chakas/343GS
).

Is there the ships own A.I. on board The Infinity? If so, what's the programs name?
B.B.?

So now that Frankie is in Europe, could that mean there is still some hope for Halo 4 at Gamescom? It's in about 2 weeks so some info would be really nice. Real nice yep yep yep.
You can give up your hope. Microsoft has no booth. 343i has no booth. No Halo 4 on the Show Floor. Maybe Microsoft Germany is organizing a press event around that time, so the press can play their fall titles but that won't be at the convention area.

TheOddOne

I have to say, I began to like Kat at the end of the level :p. But there was no real connection.
I respect that Reach had this grand ambitious about giving the Spartans a human face, but the execution of it was a huge missed opportunity. On paper is sounds like an interesting story to tell, but seems to have taken the wrong story beats to tell it. It tries to be the huge Hollywood type blockbuster game with an ensemble drama mixed in. There seems to be no real clear direction where it was headed, it doesn’t focus enough on the larger conflict on Reach nor does it focus enough on the Spartan characters.

Now look at ODST and how it handled its characters, enough time is spent with many of them to get a sense of connection to them – while not forcing it or making it secondary type story. It was elegant and didn’t take story away from what was going on in the universe. Reach tried to do too much and it shows. If they went the Hollywood type direction, then the focus would be more on the larger battle and other teams working – which also sounds great, would have been epic in scale. If they went the more intimate drama route, they could have focused on something more tangible and had more effect on the bigger story.

The thing now is that Reach story is just a “thing” that happened and nobody will even think about this in the future. It will be mentioned though, but most people will not care or even reminds themselves on why Team Noble was relevant to the larger story. Even with the paper thing connection with the characters in Reach, I still like ‘em. The idea of an multi-ethnic group of Spartans is one of the better things to come out of Reach’s story. Would love to have seen their original seven ensemble group of Spartans make into the game.

I mean in Deus Ex (spoiler for the game incoming)
I really liked the side story of hers, fleshed out her pretty well and by the end I trusted her more than ever. I think I hit a brick wall with that game, might go back to it after Darksiders.

Flipyap

Crazy talk. Kat, Carter, and Jorge were all great.
Kat and Jorge had cute personality quirks (well, more like "vocal quirks"), but the whole team was completely worthless as characters, or even as props within the story.
You could remove Carter's, Emile's or Jun's entire roles and nothing would have changed. Though maybe without Carter, I'd get to fight a Scarab. Man, fuck that guy.

cocamola

Banned
All the deaths were meaningless to some extent, because they were underdeveloped and that made it hard to even care about them.

The campaign is "just a competition to see who can have the most dramatic death and surprise surprise the character you won came first"

Blueblur1

Not enough time is given to build a bond with Noble, so apart from the "coolness" of deaths like Emile's, I found it hard to care.
The rest of Noble Team didn't impact gameplay in just about any significant way so the only death I found truly effective was my own, at the end.

The whole Noble Team/Squad of Spartans was a disappointing wash for me.
I feel the same way except for becoming fond of Jorge.

Blueblur1

http://www..youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=es&client=mv-google&v=35_pXjNsDUY

The vid at 35:44, why hasn't this vid been uploaded to Halo Waypoint's youtube account?

The vid is like three weeks old.

Aside from their own site, the Waypoint team is pretty terrible at posting content. Their official Twitter account tweets the link to the latest bulletin about 12 to 24 hours after its been posted and a lot of their videos are uploaded to YouTube but some never are and others are uploaded roughly 3 to 4 days later. You would think that a studio with thousands and thousands of dollars behind it could manage their web presence a little bit better.

Tawpgun

Jorge can still come back if 343 wants.

He didn't technically die. He threw away his helmet before tossing six out, but he could have easily put it back on, activated the slip space drive, and rode the section of the covenant ship into wherever it took him.

Chief essentially did the same thing.

He didn't technically die. He threw away his helmet before tossing six out, but he could have easily put it back on, activated the slip space drive, and rode the section of the covenant ship into wherever it took him.

Jorge was by far the best character in Reach and id love him to get retconned back in but i doubt 343 would be open to such an idea.

I mean i have zero idea where the Reclaimer trilogy is going and it could all end up in some amazing Human Vs Precursor Vs Flood Vs Forerunner Vs Covenant War with the Chief, Jun, Jorge The spartans from GoO and Bucks ODST's mounting the final assault but id imagine 343 want to keep plot ends open. Halo has the potential (some of which we have seen) to evolve into something akin to star wars in terms of expansion.

The slipscape core wasn't properly mounted to the ship so I guess it's safe to assume it got torn into pieces. That's what the whole plan was based around.

The slipscape core wasn't properly mounted to the ship so I guess it's safe to assume it got torn into pieces. That's what the whole plan was based around.

The slip space core tore a hole in the centre of the ship, The section with jorge inside. It basically took that part of the ship to a different location.

I dont see how it would magically make the ship get tore into multiple parts. Just 3. The centre section that was taken and the 2 ends that got left behind.

Tawpgun

It wasn't properly mounted, and so it tore the SHIP apart. Meaning that middle section of the ship Jorge was on, is still intact. That's the way I took it. Six also said its a one way trip. I interpreted that as wherever you're gonna end up, you ain't coming back. It's a death sentence, but it isn't exactly death.

It wasn't properly mounted, and so it tore the SHIP apart. Meaning that middle section of the ship Jorge was on, is still intact. That's the way I took it. Six also said its a one way trip. I interpreted that as wherever you're gonna end up, you ain't coming back. It's a death sentence, but it isn't exactly death.

Yeah, He basically got taken to some (as of now) unknown location. When he got there he was very likely still alive in the ship and is just MIA

Karl2177

How does one manually start a slipspace drive? I can understand a refitting a drive into a bomb a la Halo Wars, but starting up a slipspace drive to teleport half a ship to oblivion seems a fair bit much to me.

The slip space core tore a hole in the centre of the ship, The section with jorge inside. It basically took that part of the ship to a different location.

I dont see how it would magically make the ship get tore into multiple parts. Just 3. The centre section that was taken and the 2 ends that got left behind.

I'm talking about the corvet Jorge and the slipspace drive were on. That ship probably got destroyed, just as the human ship that got destroyed because of the improperly mounted drive. That's where Kat got the idea from. The mega cruiser got torn into 3 parts.

Flipyap

Except Jorge was on a ship filled with Engineers, with a Pelican on board, with the midsection of a Carrier likely loaded up with lots of other, possibly slipspace-enabled Covenant ships.
Jorge can only be dead if he's utterly incompetent. So, like a Halo: Reach character...
RIP Jorge

The plan was based around sending only a segment of a ship into slipspace, which is what they did, but not with the ship Jorge was on.
There was no talk about slipspace ripping anything inside it into pieces, that's not how it was previously shown to work.

Jorge was on the Corvette, the slipspace bubble around it is what took the chunk of the Carrier, just like Regret's bubble took a chunk of New Mombasa.

I'm talking about the corvet Jorge and the slipspace drive were on. That ship probably got destroyed, just as the human ship that got destroyed because of the improperly mounted drive. That's where Kat got the idea from. The mega cruiser got torn into 3 parts.

Okay.

So kat gets the idea about tearing the Supercarrier apart from a improperly mounted drive. Which we can assume made a slipspace bubble/portal smaller than the ship and so only half of it was transported. (like what happens with the FUD)

What happens in Reach is they create a slipspace bubble in the centre of the Supercarrier. Everything inside the the bubble will safely be teleported to another location but the bubble is only half the size of the supper carrier so the middle section goes missing and the front and back are left behind.

So basically the outcome is Jorge, A Fully Intact and Empty Covenant Corvette and the middle of The Supercarrier are now in a different location.

Basically its got nothing to do with the destruction of anything inside the bubble everything inside is okay they just got teleported to somewhere else.

Jorge could be flying around in a Corvette right now honestly.

Except Jorge was on a ship filled with Engineers, with a Pelican on board, with the midsection of a Carrier likely loaded up with lots of other, possibly slipspace-enabled Covenant ships.
Jorge can only be dead if he's utterly incompetent. So, like a Halo: Reach character...
RIP Jorge

The plan was based around sending only a segment of a ship into slipspace, which is what they did, but not with the ship Jorge was on.
There was no talk about slipspace ripping anything inside it into pieces, that's not how it was previously shown to work.

Jorge was on the Corvette, the slipspace bubble around it is what took the chunk of the Carrier, just like Regret's bubble took a chunk of New Mombasa.

Wouldn't a slipspace bubble opening inside a ship do a lot of damage to it? I guess there's a reason for why all the ships fly into the slipspace bubble.

Tawpgun

Point is, no one knows for sure.

But I think we can all agree that if 343 wanted, they could use an explanation similar to mine, and bring him back. Same with Jun technically.

Wouldn't a slipspace bubble opening inside a ship do a lot of damage to it? I guess there's a reason for why all the ships fly into the slipspace bubble.

I cant see how, Its going to teleport everything to the same location just start from the inside, So Jorge and the pelican immediately then nanoseconds later the corvette is going to around him.

I cant see how, Its going to teleport everything to the same location just start from the inside, So Jorge and the pelican immediately then nanoseconds later the corvette is going to around him.

I guess that could maybe work. But I still think he's dead :p

Jun on the other hand... I was really disappointing how Bungie handled his end or better said, the lack of his ending. I'm just gonna take Levi's comic as official canon.

Talents

Banned
In theory it's simple:

Kick players after 3 betrayals, reset the counter after 1 game. If a player gets booted, because of betrayals like 3-5 times in a row, ban him, because of unsporting conduct,

If a player does 3-5 suicides in a row, boot him. If he repeats it, ban him, too.

If a player is AFK for about 2 minutes, kick him, too. Ban him, if he repeats it.

Bans could be something like in Reach (Credit ban, quit ban) or some new ones.

I don't know, how dfficult it is to implement this in praxis
whooops fixed
, but it can't be that challenging. Other games are doing it, too and it helps a lot, IMO.

Yeah, but these are easy to get around. Say if by a miracle there is ranks, they'll just do the same thing they did when there were ranks, keep shooting you until you're 1 shot so the enemy can kill you easily.

The suicides all they need to do is suicide a few times, then kill one enemy, suicide a few times, kill an enemy, suicide a few times etc.

And for the AFK problem, all they'll need to do is attach an elastic band onto their controller so their spartan continuously runs forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom