• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

I know people are probably passed this conversation, but due to work and school this is the only time I've been able to get online.
Dax, since I'm not at my computer still I'll get you a much more complete response later. I will say that one of your quotes goes against your argument. It's the one saying that brutes need to fill the elites role.
It doesn't say Brutes need to fill the Elite's role, it says the Brutes need to behave "kind of similar" to the Elites. The most important part of that quote is the "kind of": both in the word choice and the way he says it. They were given some similarities, right, and there's a pause right before he says the words "kind of." The Brutes got shields, and if you killed them all with other Covenant around, the Covenant formation would collapse in several ways, like Grunts scattering, just as in past Halo games (similar behavior). They were given colored armor, elaborate headresses, and they bossed the other Covenant around. They were sometimes placed in Elite roles, as I mentioned earlier. Essentially, the Brutes were placed in a leadership role, just like the Elites were leaders, but governed in a far different manner. I don't see how that goes against my main point: The core, the main thrust of the, gameplay design of the Brutes for Halo 3 was the Brute pack, which is pretty much opposite that of the Elites', and it's not right to compare them as if they're the same.

Edit: Nowhere in the ViDoc does Bungie say that the Brutes are meant to behave exactly like Elites in the gameplay, or their gameplay design should mirror that of the Elites.
Still working on getting the right amount of chrome mirror on the visor, but mostly done. Needs padding inside.
Looks great. :)

Woorloog

Banned
Why wouldn't it?

Why would it?
These bonuses etc. are so fucked up nowadays i don't assume we get anything (well, anything extra anyway) without having to do something extra to get it.

So, until we get a confirmation either way, i'll assume the worse.

lol remember when buying a game cost $60.

Technically it still does, season pass is merely bulk discount for DLC. Sometimes DLC is not worth any price... Horse Armor.

.shin

Banned
Why would it?
These bonuses etc. are so fucked up nowadays i don't assume we get anything (well, anything extra anyway) without having to do something extra to get it.

So, until we get a confirmation either way, i'll assume the worse.

Aw, cheer up champ. It's the same pass, but the other comes in a bigger package. It's most likely the same thing.

Woorloog

Banned
Aw, cheer up champ. It's the same pass, but the other comes in a bigger package. It's most likely the same thing.

"Most likely" is not "it is the same thing".
343i could avoid shit like this by being clear. Or maybe it is is other websites fault, not sure. But anyway, clear communication would be nice.

EDIT should probably cancel my GameStop pre-order anyway, see if i can get the game cheaper from somewhere else, or with luck, delivered on monday...
The local GameStop doesn't indicate whether it has Forest armor skin pre-order bonus or not. That bothers me. I don't care about the skin itself at all.

EDIT frigging power supply fucking up everything i do on this laptop... the new laptop can't arrive too soon...

JonCha

UKGaf!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-24-halo-4-playable-multiplayer-and-developer-session-at-eurogamer-expo

Halo 4 is playable at Eurogamer Expo! and Frank is doing a developer session on Thursday 27th September.

See you there :)

YES GET IN THERE MY SON.

Incidentally, 343i is looking for a video guy:

3 - 4 month onsite contract position

Job Responsibilities:
• Along with the rest of the video team, the awesomest candidate will create broadcast-quality assets in support of AAA game launch
• Capture compelling video of gameplay
• Edit gameplay and interviews
• Centrally log and organize media

Skills required:
• Proven professional video editing skills with a minimum 2 years of experience in the video game industry
• Professional level skills and experience in motion graphic design
• Professional audio and voice-over narration editing experience with particular emphasis on audio track layering and mixing skills
• Experience with using debug tools to capture game footage, preferably on Xbox 360
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly PhotoShop and AfterEffects
• Can-do attitude, good communication and collaborative skills
• Clear understanding of what it takes to get projects done and the motivation to make it happen
• 1337 FPS player

Woorloog

Banned
Somebody tell me that the Scanner helmet is a joke. TELL ME IT'S A JOKE.

It is very nice helmet. One of the few i like so far.

EDIT not sure if i should downgrade my LE to normal edition. The thing is, i'm not sure i want to get DLC maps before i know anything about them, made that mistake with BF3 Premium already.l
And the only really interesting thing in the LE is the UNSC briefing packet, would go nicely along with Halsey's Journal. But...

EDIT vv
The "need experience in the video game industry" requirement for all these jobs is pretty stupid (not blaming 343i for this, you see it in Bungie's stuff too.)
Hmm. Wonder if they require that in Finland as well, because ideally i'd become a video game developer... but getting actually a job in the industry... Oh, well, first things first, need to find a school, apartment and temporary job.
EDIT actually, shouldn't worry about this really, i think, because other than "AAA" devs, i doubt others require so much experience.

Fuchsdh

YES GET IN THERE MY SON.

Incidentally, 343i is looking for a video guy:

3 - 4 month onsite contract position

Job Responsibilities:
• Along with the rest of the video team, the awesomest candidate will create broadcast-quality assets in support of AAA game launch
• Capture compelling video of gameplay
• Edit gameplay and interviews
• Centrally log and organize media

Skills required:
• Proven professional video editing skills with a minimum 2 years of experience in the video game industry
• Professional level skills and experience in motion graphic design
• Professional audio and voice-over narration editing experience with particular emphasis on audio track layering and mixing skills
• Experience with using debug tools to capture game footage, preferably on Xbox 360
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly PhotoShop and AfterEffects
• Can-do attitude, good communication and collaborative skills
• Clear understanding of what it takes to get projects done and the motivation to make it happen
• 1337 FPS player

The "need experience in the video game industry" requirement for all these jobs is pretty stupid (not blaming 343i for this, you see it in Bungie's stuff too.)

All the old Bungie podcasts with their art teams who were frustrated architects, hiring kids right out of school...

selecting only the people who are in the industry right now is only going to burn them.

Ken

Somebody tell me that the Scanner helmet is a joke. TELL ME IT'S A JOKE.

They aren't that bad. :x

Scanner reminds me of Virtual On Temjin.

I mean, if you wanted helmets that didn't look ridiculous and were "super serious" looking, everything would look like the Mark V or an ODST/Recruit.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?

EDIT SERIOUSLY, need official confirmation how this works, ASAP. I need to know whether to cancel getting the whole fucking game or not.
I can deal with LE/CE exclusive armor and i can deal with pre-order bonus skins but armor tied to season pass but not available in LE... that's unacceptable. Because i kinda like both of those helmets.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that but I didn't see a source so.......just rumor/speculation at this point until 343 confirms it. Still hyped.

Myyke

Neo Member
Don't really like the look of the Strider helmet, the visor to helmet proportions just seem a little off to me.

Scanner helmet I really like, I would probably prefer it with the "Scanner" attachment flipped up though, (like Romeo's Helmet Attachment in ODST). Just gives it a "future tactical" look in my opinion, like a far-flung future version of an NVG Helmet Mount.

m23

Thanks, I haven't seen that before. That was pretty cool.

1 more sleep for me, and then tomorrow I finally get to play Halo 4 at Fanexpo. They have 8 v 8 set up, with two different lines, one for red team and one for blue team. According to my cousin, winning teams get posters. Can't wait to play it, its going to be a long day at work.

221945_10151103613465999_1283189628_n.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
I was thinking the same thing when I read that but I didn't see a source so.......just rumor/speculation at this point until 343 confirms it. Still hyped.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case.

Remember the reasoning behind no Legendary edition for Halo 4?

http://www.halopedia.org/Halo_4#Merchandise
"343 Industries has confirmed that there will not be a "Legendary Edition" for Halo 4, citing that they didn't want consumers to have to choose what version-specific ancillary items they'd receive.[95]"

The problem is, this is (arguably) already happening. The LE Console, the LE, the regular edition (if the LE WGMP doesn't include the helmets). And arguably the pre-order bonuses could be counted as well.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member

This is the most probable outcome since most games are doing it this way ala COD where you could buy the regular edition then buy Elite separately or you could buy the LE and get the Elite Pass INCLUDED for $40 more.

IHaveIce

Banned
My birthday. If I knew that I will not write any exams on that day, I'd may come.

Edit.: No. Flights are costing 300 bucks. no way.

a flight costs just 300 bucks? I think I will go.

Would be nice to know if there were something more next to me. But Eurogamer wasn't even in the Bulletin.. to expect 343 announcing an event seems unlikely.

LE's Map Packs do NOT contain those bonuses.
"War Games Map Pass" = LE's Map Packs AND Those Bonuses.

Hey, How about you don't come into threads and start spouting shit as fact without providing a source.

It makes zero sense. Why would Microsoft Host 2 Version of the War Games "Season Pass" One with armor and one without.

Oh that's pretty awesome news about the eurogamer expo, any word on what days H4 will be playable? Tempted to go along but most likely won't be taking time off work unfortunately. Reckon the game will be playable Saturday/ Sunday? Anyone been before? What are the ques like?

L1NETT

a flight costs just 300 bucks? I think I will go.

Would be nice to know if there were something more next to me. But Eurogamer wasn't even in the Bulletin.. to expect 343 announcing an event seems unlikely.

To be fair, Eurogamer Expo have handled all of the announcing, probably had little to do with 343.

Even if Halo 4 didn't go, it is a pretty stacked line up of games. AC III, Far Cry III, Crysis III, Dead Space III, Company of Heroes 2, Hitman, Fifa, Medal of Honour, Resident Evil, Tomb raider, MGR R.

Would have most likely gone anyway, but stocked to play Halo 4 :)

So it would be, but until we get that thing cleared up, i'll assume the worst (and hope for the best of course but i'm a realist).

I completely know how you feel. Im going into halo4 with low expectations. That way if it is truly good, im pumped. But if it somehow fails, well we'll have another Reach on our hands.

Woorloog

Banned
I completely know how you feel. Im going into halo4 with low expectations. That way if it is truly good, im pumped. But if it somehow fails, well we'll have another Reach on our hands.

I'm not worried about the game itself. I'm just tired of bullshit weak communication (in some aspects, since 343i has done well in many others) and this LE/Season-pass/LE console armor shit.
If i were worried about the game, i wouldn't bother following any news regarding it, i'd just wait till it is released and hear impressions.

EDIT oh yeah and the biggest BS there is that the FUD Extended Edition won't be (apparently) on disc but through Waypoint. Might as just well not have it in the first place.

Oh god, that scanner helmet :lol Who creates these things!??

It looks good.

Thanks, I haven't seen that before. That was pretty cool.

1 more sleep for me, and then tomorrow I finally get to play Halo 4 at Fanexpo. They have 8 v 8 set up, with two different lines, one for red team and one for blue team. According to my cousin, winning teams get posters. Can't wait to play it, its going to be a long day at work.

221945_10151103613465999_1283189628_n.jpg

Bah!! I was on the losing team. My team sucked. I'm pretty sure I got the most kills.

I did pick up a Halo 4 bag from the EB Games booth though!

Tawpgun

There isn't a helmet as bad as this one in Halo 4 so far.

Well....

At least Gungnir has somewhat of a visor. Can't be said for most of the halo 4 helmets... I seriously hate the vast majority of them. Strider looks solid. Recruit looks the best so far. That default one from before looked mediocre but passable.

Hey do we have a solid image of the Halo 4 shotgun yet? I might modify my avatar.

Top Bottom