• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Oh Seattle, I love your city and food, but somehow 6 days of walking 5+ miles per day did little to negate what I ate. Insanity about killed me in my first workout in 2.5 weeks.

Dead.

Pop

He's so full of U Mad

Not mad at all more skeptical. Besides it sounds like your trusting random people way too much. Wait until you pick up the flag and your teammates have no idea how to even shoot their weapon. My post are all based around playing CTF alone with randoms. The new CTF will be totally different with a team obviously.

Not mad at all more skeptical. Besides it sounds like your trusting random people way too much. Wait until you pick up the flag and your teammates have no idea how to even shoot their weapon. My post are all based around playing CTF alone with randoms. The new CTF will be totally different with a team obviously.
I just partially joking/just wanted to say u mad, but I don't think that will change much. Objective gametypes by yourself is always going to be a risk, and 343 has added tons of point incentives in the scoring/investment system and the HUD elements will help, but you'll still have randoms that just don't work together at all. There isn't really much anyone can do about that, it's going to happen.
Can somebody tell me how melee works in super slayer ?

Press RB to melee, or better yet, just shoot your gun.

Melee is the same in TU settings as vanilla.
You melee yourself out of Super Slayer and into a real playlist.

images

Pop

So you're telling me with all these new added point bonus for capturing the flag, I won't ever have to go for it knowing my random kiddo teammates will. All I have to worry about is slaying. I like that idea, never thought of it that way.

P.S.-I totally knew you were joking.

Is Regen limited by playlist?

Like you couldn't use that for King of The Hill right?

I don't think they're going to limit AA's or weapons by playlist unless it's something like Snipers, Swat, Grifball, Infection, etc etc. But I don't know. Pretty sure people would get aggravated if their favorite loadout didn't work in a playlist that didn't force starting weapons.

I remember when I felt so much different about this game the morning the BR was revealed.

Same. Really seemed like 343 was planning on going back to more of a Halo 2 feel, :/

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Cause that's other games?

Sounds like your super salty for people who express their opinions negatively on H4.

Hmm, I wouldn't quite see ME as the one being salty. You know, being that you have been the one dumping on Halo 4 all day.

Eventually you just have to realize that some things are not going to change before ship, so you either deal with them, or don't buy the game.
I'm all for discussion, but when people complain about this thread being on repeat, then go on to dredge up the same issue over and over it starts to get bothersome.

Because other games? That's your answer?

See above. Eventually you either deal with it, or don't buy the game. It was a design decision, it's not changing, why keep bringing it up?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yep.

1000px-ReginFieldHalo4.png

It takes a good 2-3 seconds for the animation to finish though, which really limits its usage.

Until you realize most "noobs" will run in packs, and they will chain this.

I wonder if you get points for healing teammates.

Now that it's out there, who wants to run in a 5 man team and exploit this on day one?

Likewise, who wants to run 5 man teams dropping auto turrets together?

Now that it's out there, who wants to run in a 5 man team and exploit this on day one?

Remember armor locking teams? Jetpacking teams?

Welcome autoturret teams. Welcome regen field teams.

kylej

Banned

Oh baby, if nothing else Unlimited Slayer will be godly in Halo 4. Now I don't have any incentive to play the game legitimately. Just imagine getting overshields and care packages because we spawn kill people in their base over and over. You know matchmaking will be as broken as ever too. Going to be super relaxing.

Vire

Likewise, who wants to run 5 man teams dropping auto turrets together?

I doubt it stacks.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oh baby, if nothing else Unlimited Slayer will be godly in Halo 4. Now I don't have any incentive to play the game legitimately. Just imagine getting overshields and care packages because we spawn kill people in their base over and over. You know matchmaking will be as broken as ever too. Going to be super relaxing.

Split your team up, set up turrets on both sides overlooking their "base" and move in.

Profit.

I doubt it stacks.

It doesn't need to, just chain it. It's an area effect, heal your buddies, then they use theirs, keep alternating.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I'd like to know if there's any way to dismiss the ordnance drop menu until you want to use it. Up on the d-pad seems like a good solution.

Vire

Split your team up, set up turrets on both sides overlooking their "base" and move in.

Profit.

It doesn't need to, just chain it. It's an area effect, heal your buddies, then they use theirs, keep alternating.

Ah, I see what you are saying. Yeah, that sounds obnoxious.

Hopefully 343 has accounted for something like this. :/

willow ve

No Frankie the populations are small because the playlists suck. Nobody is intimidated.

No Marauder, u.

So instead of changing the entire gametype to make it less intimidating/confusing wouldn't it also work to just have a splash screen in the lobby that says "this is how you play CTF" or "these are the rules of Oddball" during the lobby building/voting phase?

Although then drop in / drop out people wouldn't get the info...

Drop Shield in Objective gametypes. Never forget.

Drop Shield period.

I don't think it'll be that long until camo, jetpack, regen, and possibly Sentry are removed.

Sentry looks near useless.

Regen I can see as being usefull as it can affect a team/area. Camo, Jetpack, and Hardlight can all go with the day 1 patch.

Top Bottom