• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Ryaaan14

Banned
What is an Astro Mixamp and why do I need it? Serious question.

I would prefer to keep it total about 200-250. Anything less would be an obvious boon, but I understand the investment in nice pieces of ear that are going to get hours and hours of sue every day for hopefully years. If I have to I'm able to go up to 300$

Well it is exactly what the name implies. It is an amplifier for your audio, and supports Dolby surround for your headset. It is also necessary to balance your chat/game audio channels.

The A40 headset/mixamp bundle is $250, right in your price range. I also highly recommend this too because of the availability of parts. I have cats and they have chewed through a couple of cords and I was able to order replacements right away without having to replace the headset.

Caja 117

I would prefer to keep it total about 200-250. Anything less would be an obvious boon, but I understand the investment in nice pieces of ear that are going to get hours and hours of sue every day for hopefully years. If I have to I'm able to go up to 300$

Sold!!! The Astro a40 headphone + mixamp (this is why Astro is so good) combo will cost you 260, with taxes and shipping and handling will go to 300, it worth every penny, i have mine for 2 years now, and they work just like the first day, not to mention the slick desing.

You can go to Astrogaming.com, if you want more details, they are the official gaming headset of MLG.

Well it is exactly what the name implies. It is an amplifier for your audio, and supports Dolby surround for your headset. It is also necessary to balance your chat/game audio channels.

The A40 headset/mixamp bundle is $250, right in your price range. I also highly recommend this too because of the availability of parts. I have cats and they have chewed through a couple of cords and I was able to order replacements right away without having to replace the headset.

One of my friend a40 had one of the plastic ear piece shattered, A40 replaced them with no problem! the customer service is also very good.

What happened with t2, neighbor, legit, and other halo 3 pros

Halo reach happened.

heckfu

Banned
Just five starred my first song in Rock Band Blitz (a Muse song, at that) and beat Fyrewulff in the process.

I can die now.

Woorloog

Banned
*taps in woorloog*

Top poster is determined by the quality of posts, not the amount. EDIT well should be anyway.
I got the latter all right but i really can't say they're quality stuff.

EDIT this is one of those posts i really shouldn't have bothered to write...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Nice! You do that sort of thing already right?

Whoever gets it, this seems like a pretty important job that'd have a direct impact for us. Seems like its gotta be a community person.

I have the community and communication side down. I believe I have a solid grasp on the multiplayer aspect as well.

Who knows though, I bet 50,000 people apply. :p

senador

Banned
I have the community and communication side down. I believe I have a solid grasp on the multiplayer aspect as well.

Who knows though, I bet 50,000 people apply. :p

Hey, you never know. ;)

I'd like to apologize for my outburst the other day. I was in a very confrontational mood and was getting pissed off at everything because my brother had just become a fugitive of the law. After reading his suicide note a few hours ago I mellowed out.

I just wanted to say sorry.

Well, fuck. Sorry man.

As stunning as this looks...

tumblr_m9wsigr1fK1qgb5g5o1_500.gif

One of the things that I felt Bungie hit a home run with visually speaking was the water in Halo 3...

Lake.jpg

Oh and remember how bodies would float...

Anotherbodyinthewater.jpg

random halo 3 water pic
2239366771_257ddf465c_z.jpg

227839420.gif

I'm a big water guy and I'm hoping Halo 4 can deliver although this right here is a tough act to follow. By the way I don't know what it is but I just found the water in Reach to be disappointing.

Halo 3's water was pretty neat. Frank needs to drop some prose about Halo 4's water. I don't think I used that word correctly.

Pretty excellent new video from Bravo regarding Prom Vision.

Check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aUxFYq6G7hE

Doesn't look as bad (good?) now. Glad they changed it.

Sold!!! The Astro a40 headphone + mixamp (this is why Astro is so good) combo will cost you 260, with taxes and shipping and handling will go to 300, it worth every penny, i have mine for 2 years now, and they work just like the first day, not to mention the slick desing.

You can go to Astrogaming.com, if you want more details, they are the official gaming headset of MLG.

One of my friend a40 had one of the plastic ear piece shattered, A40 replaced them with no problem! the customer service is also very good.

Well you guys sold me. I guess I never thought about how the sound was going to work having the mic and headset all in one. So thats what the amp is for.

Also I have two cats, so you guys sold me. Good warranty and customer service as well as replaceable parts. That's perfect. One of my favorite parts of my QC 15s is the replaceable cord for the headphones. So this is huge.

Final question. Is the wireless a bad choice for any reason? Is there a serious drop in quality? If not I think i would prefer those since it's not a much larger price difference.

Thanks both of you!

Man these look so nice.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Well you guys sold me. I guess I never thought about how the sound was going to work having the mic and headset all in one. So thats what the amp is for.

Also I have two cats, so you guys sold me. Good warranty and customer service as well as replaceable parts. That's perfect. One of my favorite parts of my QC 15s is the replaceable cord for the headphones. So this is huge.

Final question. Is the wireless a bad choice for any reason? Is there a serious drop in quality? If not I think i would prefer those since it's not a much larger price difference.

Thanks both of you!

Man these look so nice.

Here's another great thing about having 2 cats and Astros.

Custom speakertags. Had to put my lovelies onto my set.

Here's another great thing about having 2 cats and Astros.

Custom speakertags. Had to put my lovelies onto my set.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat

They are impressed.

I can put these guys on em. This is amazing!

Sold! Fucking sold.

Edit: Still undecided on wired vs wireless. Either way I'm getting the white ones, they look awesome. Where did you make the custom speaker tags? Couldn't find that on the site.

So good. SO DAMN GOOD. I got really emotional watching how life-like and vulnerable Cortana is. Mackenzie did a fine job emoting Cortana.

They finally got the eyes right too.
I know exactly how you feel. Especially this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3KLtf8DzCU&feature=player_detailpage#t=482s

It's not even Jen Taylor and it already gives me chills. Also noticed that this scene is animated differently than in the E3 trailer.

Can't forget this one either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3KLtf8DzCU&feature=player_detailpage#t=434s

Am I the only one that will wait to see it all as a movie... not as episodes... they're all on the LE right
You will have access to watch the Director's cut of FUD via streaming.

Edit.: If some EU folk is asking themselves, when does Hypertrooper start his give away? Or one malicious gossip monger is still telling everyone do not trust Hypertrooper in terms of swag. I can assure, there will be a give-away. There will be a big one. I promise. But now, it is not the time. I do not have the money to pay for the shipment because of NYCC and the Halo 4 release. Just to get you psyched. I have ~15 ONI patches, some freaking cool posters( from this year's PAX and last year's HaloFest), some McFarlane figures etc. And I may add some Halo 4 stuff aswell. (I am thinking about the UNSC Controller, the OST and the artbook. But I am not sure. So do not quote me in two months, if not) Need a ETA for the give away? I am thinking Mid Nov-December.

Did Reach even have water physics?

I don't think so. I could be wrong but I just don't recall that same object interaction the way I saw it in Halo 3

I look forward to water physics in Halo 4. I wonder if it can top Red Dead's. Its the only game that has stopped me from what i was doing just to look it at like I do in the real world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgt5Pic27dY

Looks great!

By the way here's a video describing the work and dedication that went into the water in Halo 3...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RF7vU2dMj8&feature=youtu.be&t=52s

I have a feeling that the water in Halo 4 will be good but won't be reflective of the same dedication as in this video for Halo 3 which will be a bit disappointing for me. To me the water in Halo 3 remains the best looking in the series and some of the very best you will see on consoles.

Knight Lancer apparently "uses Promethean Vision". I wonder if they've actually implemented it like that, or just used cheat AI (when you simply ask the game engine for a vector towards the player).

Knight Lancer apparently "uses Promethean Vision". I wonder if they've actually implemented it like that, or just used cheat AI (when you simply ask the game engine for a vector towards the player).
The PV in Pax build when activated by an enemy user showed within your motion tracker. I guess its safe to assume when Knights use it within Campaign/SpOps it will show up on your MT and if you're using PV plus a knight using PV, ping sounds notify.

m23

Probably a bit early to be discussing this, but I hope we get a legendary ending. Those were so satisfying to watch, and gave me a reason to sit through the credits aside from the music.

Louis Wu

Am I the only one that will wait to see it all as a movie... not as episodes... they're all on the LE right
The vignettes they've been releasing (one per week for a few weeks now) are NOT part of the main video - they're extras, to introduce you to the characters.

when I was 12 years old going to meeting regularly with my pawpaw who was a witness... then I found out masturbating was "wrong" I was sad... I quit when I was 15..lol
You quit the witnesses... or you quit masturbating?

The PV in Pax build when activated by an enemy user showed within your motion tracker. I guess its safe to assume when Knights use it within Campaign/SpOps it will show up on your MT and if you're using PV plus a knight using PV, ping sounds notify.

Making it trigger the Motion tracker is one thing, but running an emulation of Promethean vision and getting the AI to respond would be more complex (in terms of running time). It would be almost impossible to tell which way they do it from a user's perspective.

The "cheat" approach would be to get your location vector, subtract master chief's location vector, and react according to the relative known location of the Chief.
The longer approach would be to run some AI-PV function that returns a a vector for each enemy.

Come to think of it, it probably wouldn't really matter which way they did it.

Edit; just realised I shouldn't forum go after graphics programming...

Top Bottom