• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

feel

First of all calm the fuck down because it's not that serious. Who gives a fuck?

Second all I did was copy and paste the gif from the link in a post several spots up from my post. Are you serious right now?

Also I don't find that "I'll kill you" youtube link as appropriate at all even if all of this is done in jest.
i8o5HrkMVDRoC.jpg

Portugeezer

The PV in Pax build when activated by an enemy user showed within your motion tracker. I guess its safe to assume when Knights use it within Campaign/SpOps it will show up on your MT and if you're using PV plus a knight using PV, ping sounds notify.

So does this mean PV users can't crouch and "PV camp"? This was my biggest worry about PV.

Gui_PT

First of all calm the fuck down because it's not that serious. Who gives a fuck?

Second all I did was copy and paste the gif from the link in a post several spots up from my post. Are you serious right now?

Also I don't find that "I'll kill you" youtube link as appropriate at all even if all of this is done in jest.

ib0TiDf4YZkIlX.gif

nillapuddin

So does this mean PV users can't crouch and "PV camp"? This was my biggest worry about PV.

Yeah, that was mine aswell

Glad to see the red ring that radiates from them

(in the video I remember)
the guy was on the very edge of the tracker, and it looked like the red wave touched the player, so your getting like 13ish meters worth of notice, if the d-bag is on the other side of the wall

youll definitely know hes there

Slaker117

Alright, more PAX swag giveaway time.
Three of the ONI patches are taken, but everything else is still up for grabs. Since I know a few of you are interested in the poster, I'm letting you know that I'll be putting it up at 3PM PDT, so look for it then.

An ONI patch to the first person to answer.

What is the name of the bonus for successfully throwing the oddball to your teammate in Halo 4?

Talents

Banned

99da1837_i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpeg

Aggrotek

Three of the ONI patches are taken, but everything else is still up for grabs. Since I know a few of you are interested in the poster, I'm letting you know that I'll be putting it up at 3PM PDT, so look for it then.

What is the name of the bonus for successfully throwing the oddball to your teammate in Halo 4?

Interested in that button. :3

blamite

Long Bomb!
+15

Awesome, so does this mean PV users can't "crouch" and PV camp? This was my biggest worry about PV.
I don't see why wouldn't it allow you to. Others expressed PV being OP. Bravos video demonstrates the E3 & PAX builds using PV. HaloGAF impressions stated its wave within MT once activated. PV vs. PV notifies a Ping sounds, to make it a bit more aware for other users. Another Gaffer I think puddin stated active PV users visors glow as another indicator. I assume these "should" apply within campaign & SpOps.
"See this MoFo? Shoot him First!" Lol thnx

nillapuddin

The other night I said something about "Halo 4 CTF" with petetheduck on Reach

well he tried it out in all his ducky ways and apparently they had some decent fun

check out his mini-review of how the GT worked, granted, this is ofcourse within the Reach sandbox/map realm.

But still, he also includes a custom gametype if you want to try it yourself

“Halo 4″ CTF Playdate 9.6.12

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Ds3un.gif

Louis Wu

Interested in that button. :3
I can't promise anything quickly, but I have a few extras of those - I just can't get my hands on them until I've given away two tubes full of goodies. (I packaged up 3 tubes before I left Seattle, one addressed to me, and left them with a friend (with postage already on them :) ) to be mailed after I'd figured out where to send them. He's only going to the post office once, so I can't get MY tube until the other two have been assigned - but once I get it, I'd be happy to send you a button. (If you get one sooner, that's fine too - I'm sure I'll find other people to give 'em to. ;) )

Every time I get too worried about CTF, or Oddball, or how specific perks are going to work, I watch a video like this and remind myself how good the core gunplay and movement are, and my faith gets restored. :)

It's kind of weird to think how many things Halo 4 does wrong that Reach does right, but Reach still sucks and Halo 4 looks good.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's kind of weird to think how many things Halo 4 does wrong that Reach does right, but Reach still sucks and Halo 4 looks good.

Without having played both to compare, how can you know "what Halo 4 does wrong?"

Reach allows you to drop the flag, Reach has ODST and Mark V...

The flag thing is an opinion, depends on person. Armor has not been confirmed not to be hidden somewhere in the game.

Why does footage of the E3 still keep popping up?
As for the video, people don't seem to understand that you can fire the scattershot very quickly.

Deadly, you realize he was still being complimentary overall about H4? Don't jump on him immediately...
Listing things Reach did right: lists a couple of helmets.

lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Deadly, you realize he was still being complimentary overall about H4? Don't jump on him immediately...

Wasn't jumping on anyone, just making a statement that there's a lot we really don't know. I'm hoping part 2 of that vidoc will be a multiplayer look.

I'm gonna try and get that Cryptum pin. Lore whore encyclopedic knowledge, don't fail me now!

Alternatively, I would probably be willing to trade my Halo 4 Recruit LE armor skin to someone for it when I get my copy (so day 1).

EDIT FOR SWAG: I will also try and score one of hypertrooper's ONI patches, hopefully. Maybe I can design a custom hoodie for him. :lol

You will have access to watch the Director's cut of FUD via streaming.

Edit.: If some EU folk is asking themselves, when does Hypertrooper start his give away? Or one malicious gossip monger is still telling everyone do not trust Hypertrooper in terms of swag. I can assure, there will be a give-away. There will be a big one. I promise. But now, it is not the time. I do not have the money to pay for the shipment because of NYCC and the Halo 4 release. Just to get you psyched. I have ~15 ONI patches, some freaking cool posters( from this year's PAX and last year's HaloFest), some McFarlane figures etc. And I may add some Halo 4 stuff aswell. (I am thinking about the UNSC Controller, the OST and the artbook. But I am not sure. So do not quote me in two months, if not) Need a ETA for the give away? I am thinking Mid Nov-December.
First all that candy and chocolate, now this? Are all Germans this generous?
Bitches about Tumblr gifs, posts gifs with nasty ass watermarks.

The most frustrating experiences I ever had in Halo campaigns were largely vehicular sections where you're stuck driving an AI around who pulses the turret.
Give your passenger a Rocket Launcher, it's the only way to go.

senador

Banned
Mega multi-quote...

This is LITERALLY the Juices job of HaloGAF legend.

Yup. Juices see this yet? He really should apply.

Looks like Halo 5 is gonna be a great multiplayer game.

I am stoked they are getting someone for this position and I'm sure it'll have some bearing on Halo 4 down the road, but what does it mean for now and the first few months after launch without that position? I'd guess multiple people are sort of filling the role, just not as effectively?

I look forward to water physics in Halo 4. I wonder if it can top Red Dead's. Its the only game that has stopped me from what i was doing just to look it at like I do in the real world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgt5Pic27dY

Oh damn. That makes me want to try Red Dead again. I love the environments.

Knight Lancer apparently "uses Promethean Vision". I wonder if they've actually implemented it like that, or just used cheat AI (when you simply ask the game engine for a vector towards the player).

Making it trigger the Motion tracker is one thing, but running an emulation of Promethean vision and getting the AI to respond would be more complex (in terms of running time). It would be almost impossible to tell which way they do it from a user's perspective.

The "cheat" approach would be to get your location vector, subtract master chief's location vector, and react according to the relative known location of the Chief.
The longer approach would be to run some AI-PV function that returns a a vector for each enemy.

Come to think of it, it probably wouldn't really matter which way they did it.

Edit; just realised I shouldn't forum go after graphics programming...

Yeah, I hope it's not cheating. Make the Knight have to "enable" PV and actively look for you. If they spot you in their line of sight, they found you, go from there. Please let it be like this and don't just let them know your position.

Yeah. The highway section on ONI, and everywhere in Reach. On that subject, I'll add AI on the turret who only fire on enemies at close range.

In reach I just use Warthogs as portable turrets, I never drive AI around.

Remember that new guy before Reach launch at Bungie found a "huge bug" with something on Warthog AI? Maybe that wasn't a bug at all or he "fixed" it poorly.

What if Knights have shields that are very good at stopping plasma bolts and are easier to take down with bullets and once their shields are down you EMP them to shut them down because they are robots! Reverse noob-combo anyone?
Game of the forever.

Wow that actually be pretty cool.

Yeah, you're right. That's kinda weird though, don't you think?

I'll be curious to see how that ties in or how it comes about through the story.

I don't see how it'd be weird unless not addressed at all by the story or Cortana, but I doubt that'd be the case.

Sent that resume in, time to get ranks back boys!

Not with that attitude. :p

People disliking Plywood. Fuck this, I want off this bus.

I don't have a problem with Ply I had a problem with his reaction. By the way I'm fully aware of the shenanigans that can go on in these forums and love to play around and act like a clown myself at times. That being said I still think the reaction was a bit over the top. But whatever maybe it's because I'm fairly new and still getting a feel for everyone around here.

But like I said it's all good. Now back to this game called Halo :)

Aggrotek

I can't promise anything quickly, but I have a few extras of those - I just can't get my hands on them until I've given away two tubes full of goodies. (I packaged up 3 tubes before I left Seattle, one addressed to me, and left them with a friend (with postage already on them :) ) to be mailed after I'd figured out where to send them. He's only going to the post office once, so I can't get MY tube until the other two have been assigned - but once I get it, I'd be happy to send you a button. (If you get one sooner, that's fine too - I'm sure I'll find other people to give 'em to. ;) )

This would also be awesome! :)

Vire

Interesting:

gS4M1.png

Seems like the Watcher is reviving an enemy by dousing it in magic dust? Haven't seen that before.

kylej

Banned
They would never hire my dear brother juices. Would be too good. They'll give that position to some guy who ran the playlists for Homefront or something just cause they have "experience"

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
They would never hire my dear brother juices. Would be too good. They'll give that position to some guy who ran the playlists for Homefront or something just cause they have "experience"

Good stuff right here.

I'm actually not sure who ran Homefront playlists. That guy/gal could be a good choice though. Experience does help.

Top Bottom