• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Fotos

Should I buy Borderlands 2 this weekend? I loved the first one but i'm not sure about this one. Could it hold me out for 48 days until Halo 4 comes out?

Edit: First post :)
master_chief_gangnam_msjqy.gif

willow ve

Should I buy Borderlands 2 this weekend? I loved the first one but i'm not sure about this one. Could it hold me out for 48 days until Halo 4 comes out?

I'm counting on the new Battlefield DLC to hold me over until November (just preordered my Halo 4 this week, huzzah for gift cards and free release day shipping for Prime membership). Borderlands looks great, sounds great, and gets really solid reviews, but I'm a cheap ass and I'll wait for a GOTY dics with all the season 1 DLC or just a hefty drop in price so the game + DLC is around $60.

Who I cheer for

NFL: Colts / for the patriots to finish last
NCAA: Louisville
NBA: for the celtics to finish last
MLB: for the redsox to finish last
NHL: does Boston have a hockey team?

Growing up had a lot of Kentucky fans that were also annoying fans of Boston teams.

Also the BCS is the biggest joke in the sports world. Yes teams get left out in all sports/system, but the BCS ensured the same 5-6 teams get in while the other 100+ sit on the outside looking in. The new "playoff" makes it even worse, and in no other sport do you have a chance for the playoffs based on how many tv viewers you have.

Also Borderlands 2 today is about to take what limited free time I have until Halo 4

Akai__

Anyone have some tips for getting 200,000 points on Security Zone firefight in ODST? I've got all the others solo on heroic, but I can't get it on this map (Final achievement for the game). Unless I'm missing something, there is no single area where you can funnel the enemies in like the others... I usually get overrun.

Eewghej,

I did Security Zone with a friend. It's just too hard alone, but maybe I just suck at playing ODST Firefight alone. :)

You are lucky, that Security Zone is your last one. I still need Endure and I'm doing this hopefully this Friday.

PNut

Banned
Also the BCS is the biggest joke in the sports world. Yes teams get left out in all sports/system, but the BCS ensured the same 5-6 teams get in while the other 100+ sit on the outside looking in.

Probably because those 100+ other teams suck and would never challenge for a title anyway. Not the BCS's fault.

Halo.

willow ve

Anyone have some tips for getting 200,000 points on Security Zone firefight in ODST? I've got all the others solo on heroic, but I can't get it on this map (Final achievement for the game). Unless I'm missing something, there is no single area where you can funnel the enemies in like the others... I usually get overrun.

Eewghej,

I did Security Zone with a friend. It's just too hard alone, but maybe I just suck at playing ODST Firefight alone. :)

You are lucky, that Security Zone is your last one. I still need Endure and I'm doing this hopefully this Friday.

If either of you play on weekdays during the day (8-3 EST in the US) I can probably help with a level or achievement. I'm freelancing for the next month or so until I can find a real job again so I have a flexible schedule during the day.

Fotos

Ive tried endure like 4 times and got really close every time but someone always like ruins it. Plus it takes like 5 hours to beat it.

Red Team > Blue Team
Suck it, blues!

1. NCSU Football
2. NCSU Basketball
3. Whoever is playing UNC

I'll also cheer for Virginia Tech or Duke if I'm watching a game with friends that went there.

As for pro football, I don't really have a team and just pull for whatever team my friends are rooting for; typically the Panthers, Redskins, or Giants. I have no interest in pro basketball or baseball, although I enjoy actually going to games (and tailgating).

Akai__

If either of you play on weekdays during the day (8-3 EST in the US) I can probably help with a level or achievement. I'm freelancing for the next month or so until I can find a real job again so I have a flexible schedule during the day.

Sounds good, but we are already a full party. If someone drops I will come back to you. Feel free to add me, if you have space. GT same as profile name here.

Ive tried endure like 4 times and got really close every time but someone always like ruins it. Plus it takes like 5 hours to beat it.

I did it with 2 other accounts, which both got hacked and now are banned. It takes only 2 hours, but it feels like 5 hours. :)

DesertFox

Edit: First post :)

Also wondering if this game is worth a purchase as I've got friends prodding me to pick it up. Any Borderlands 1 vets wanna weigh in?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Thank the lord there's something more to talk/bitch/slurp about tomorrow.

can you give us something to chew on today? i'm home sick for the second day in a row with strep... i'm bored to tears. please.

5 minutes after something new comes out: Elation
30 minutes after something new comes out: Distant haunting memories of obstructing white text and non-customizable controls begins to invade thought process and spread to the edges of cognitive awareness.
2 hours after something new comes out: The virus has begun to spread via the internet. It has become Netborne.
1 day later: zombie apocalypse in full force.

Omni

Haha. I just did it! Certainly not as hard as I remember (Attempted it last maybe a few months ago). After 90 minutes, I finished strong with 8 spare lives. The drones with overshields kept me at spawn for like 20 minutes :|

Play with other people unless you really really love the grind. If you need help sometime I still have the game... I think.
Just got it, but thanks for the offer :)

Endure was so much fun when doing it with friends. I think I went through it probably three or four times with people on my friends list. Almost as fun as annual (Which I hope something similar will be in Halo 4 later on)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Or release the news early for a birthday present!

Nobody ever seems to give me birthday presents when my age hits prime numbers!

Covenant weapons video, right?

I wonder what will be new. Right now we have:
Carbine
Plasma Pistol
Needler
Fuel Rod Gun
Storm Rifle
Energy Sword
Grav-hammer?
Edit: Concussion Rifle
Edit: Beam Rifle

Did I miss anything? I think the rest are all Promethean...

Is the Dead Sea a good place to have a margarita?

Oh, cause there's plenty of salt in the dead sea, hahahaha i get it. Getting real though, you should see when a group of girls jump in, they're in for a surprise down there. Women just can't handle the salt. And I'm not being metaphorical at all, it just really hurts their vaginas.

Carbine
Plasma Pistol
Needler
Fuel Rod Gun
Storm Rifle
Energy Sword
Grav-hammer?

Concussion Rifle (Pax) Edit: Beam Riflevvv
Noticed Turrets aren't being mentioned within the Weapon sandbox discussion.

Spiders

Carbine
Plasma Pistol
Needler
Fuel Rod Gun
Storm Rifle
Energy Sword
Grav-hammer?

You missed the beam rifle and the concussion rifle.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

Carbine
Plasma Pistol
Needler
Fuel Rod Gun
Storm Rifle
Energy Sword
Grav-hammer?

gonna miss the needle rifle. so much more interesting then the carbine IMO. also, plasma launcher >>> splazer.

Beckx

Never had pro-teams in my state growing up (other than UT :p), so tend to follow players rather than teams, but with a leaning toward Pittsburgh (from following Bradshaw, Lemieux, Van Slyke).

So:

NFL: meh. I am disillusioned. But Manning clan when I can motivate myself to watch.
MLB: I have found the country that exists on the other side of disillusioned, and it's called "not caring"
Soccer: Watching Messi play is joy. I also hold out hope that one day Michael Owen will return to form. By the way, this is the greatest sports commercial of all time, ever.
NHL: Crosby & Malkin

GhaleonEB

gonna miss the needle rifle. so much more interesting then the carbine IMO. also, plasma launcher >>> splazer.

Yeah, I liked the secondary function of the Nerfle. In campaign it was a great dedicated Brute killer, though with those guys not in the game I'm less broken up about it's exclusion. The return of the Carbine seems mostly for nostagia purposes, given how similar the weapons are.

DesertFox

Agreed (about needle rifle and Plasma Launcher > Splazer) - in Reach I dropped the DMR for the NR whenever possible. Really wish it was returning as the supercombine really set it apart in terms of functionality.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Is the Dead Sea a good place to have a margarita?

As a matter of fact.........

[Random Product Placement from the Internets!]
"Margarita Dead Sea Salt Scrub gently exfoliates, removing dead, dry cells, draws out impurities, and unclogs pores, leaving your body smooth and polished. Regular exfoliation also increases circulation giving you that “Spa Glow” of healthy, younger looking skin.

Smells just like a tropical cocktail! Finally a margarita you can take with you to the shower..."

After Crunch Spa Glow without the plane ride!

I'm gonna miss it too, but actual weapon design looked awful to me. Looked like a walrus mustache or something. I guess aesthetics alone are enough to turn me away from a weapon, even if its function works pretty damn well. Plasma launcher was pretty key, nobody I played with ever used it though.

Yeah, I liked the secondary function of the Nerfle. In campaign it was a great dedicated Brute killer, though with those guys not in the game I'm less broken up about it's exclusion. The return of the Carbine seems mostly for nostagia purposes, given how similar the weapons are.
I haven't used the needler at PAX but it seems really nice in the GiantBomb video. I am just curious did you use it?

Blueblur1

HaloGAF is more cynical than its ever been. It sucks to be on the receiving end of that. Even though you guys are confident about the game you've made, as you should be, it still sucks to have such a scathing and sometimes unthoughtful audience.

TheOddOne

HaloGAF is more cynical than its ever been. It sucks to be on the receiving end of that. Even though you guys are confident about the game you've made, as you should be, it still sucks to have such a scathing and sometimes unthoughtful audience.
On one hand it's better though (to some extent), even in the more cynical periods there are some pretty facinating discussion going. Some pro, some against and sometimes insight from the developer side.

Then there are times when it get drowned in unreasonableness. Those are just ugh, feel for 343 in those periods.

Beckx

Busting out that Metallurg Magnitogorsk jersey, 2012-13

Don't be cruel. For a while it looked like Crosby was going too. But if he did, at least there'd be a chance to see him play (if only through vids), which is more likely that US play at this point. :(

We'll hopefully see a new map in tomorrow's vid.

We get 10 maps and 3 forge environments, right?

1. Haven
2. Adrift
3. Longbow
4. Exile
10. (Remake map)

1. Forge environment from RTX demo.
2. Forge environment containing the Grifball court. (Assuming it's a different level.)

I hope we'll see a new map at NYCC in three weeks. I never got to try Longbow during PAX, although I really enjoyed all the other maps.

Talents

Banned
We get 10 maps and 3 forge environments, right?

1. Haven
2. Adrift
3. Longbow
4. Exile
10. (Remake map)

1. Forge environment from RTX demo.
2. Forge environment containing the Grifball court. (Assuming it's a different level.)

I hope we'll see a new map at NYCC in three weeks. I never got to try Longbow during PAX, although I really enjoyed all the other maps.

Da fuck's exile?

Oh... that map.

Top Bottom