• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

The HMV near where I work had that exact same cover up. I didnt even think to go examine it.

Ill go tomorrow (and maybe take a better pic) if I have a chance. I doubt ill get a chance but im sure someone else would have pictured it by then.

So you're into amatuer voyeurism?

Nando13

While we're on the topic of speculation...

I think it's either two rival didacts. There was a mention of a didact in an unbounded state, and a ur-didact... I'm not too familiar with all that.

Or

Blue is Cortana taking control of them somehow and going bonkers.

Mmmmmm...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
We were promised they were going to be a surprise?

Over is bitter because I carried our team in that last game of SWAT.

After going negative for three other games because I was riding a recumbent bike while I played and because I am not good at Halo.

No, but I for people who didn't want to be spoiled or didn't follow the news it's a bit lame. Just saying.

Yes exactly.

Isnt there a campaign spoiler thread somewhere?

Over is bitter because I carried our team in that last game of SWAT.

After going negative for three other games because I was riding a recumbent bike while I played and because I am not good at Halo.

How the hell where you even talking and playing while doing that?

So you're into amatuer voyeurism?

Shhh, dont tell everyone what we get upto.

I hope I like the Promethean fiction. The fact we haven't really heard of them previously has me doubious.
Gaining a greater understanding of the composer should be cool if that happens.
I hope the game is good at explaining to the masses that they aren't "Forerunner"s in the traditional sense of the intelligent beings who ruled the galaxy for a period of time and built some wacky shit.

The subtitle for the Promethean Vidoc made me grimace honestly.

--------
To agree with Over a bit, I hope there're a few combat enemy surprises left in the cooker.
Save the Forerunner Cryptum, we have yet to see a Promethean vehicle right? That Mech has be used for a reason. I grow a little more excited every day being honest.

FyreWulff

No. You'll have to play the game to find out why some are blue and some are orange.

It depends on which Game Fuel™ the Promethean has ingested prior to the battle.

world-of-warcraft-mountain-dew-20090620-123009.jpg

Looked under specially marked caps of Mountain Dew™ Cortana™ Blue and Mountain Dew™ Master Chief™ Orange for special codes that will award you double Spartan Points™ for killing the same-colored Promethean™ in-game for up to an hour after redeeming the code.

Supplies limited. See store for details. Not available in Quebec.

senador

Banned
You can't go dark on the entire game. Some stuff they want you to know.

"Fuck, there's guns in this one?!"

"Shit, I didn't want to know it was the 4th one!"

BigShow36

I wonder what you would be saying right now if they just told you everything was a surprise and gave you no info whatsoever?

What I don't like is that we have just as much, if not more, information on the Campaign than we do on Multiplayer. That's the exact opposite of how it should be.

senador

Banned
What I don't like is that we have just as much, if not more, information on the Campaign than we do on Multiplayer. That's the exact opposite of how it should be.

Based on what? I disagree. I want more multiplayer and more details fleshed out, but we've gotten way more multiplayer information and feedback than we have campaign.

Maybe relative to previous Halos, but I don't feel that way at all. We haven't seen more than small clips of campaign but we've seen plenty of full multiplayer games. I feel like the only mp stuff that isn't clear is ranking, playlists, and some of the maps. But I agree, I don't want to see any Campaign stuff, it defeats the purpose. A lot of people just seem to go between "clarify this, clarify that" and "why did you show us that".

willow ve

We are still lacking the multiplayer info, but I would bet that stuff is worked on longer and polished much closer to launch date than campaign. The campaign has to go gold and have everything working on day one (in theory they can patch mistakes, but it makes more sense to focus on completing this first).

Mulitiplayer, in a good game, will be constantly in flux throughout the entire run of the game. In my opinion multiplayer finalization should come after campaign work. The basic metrics of the game are there (physics carry over from campaign, player models, etc.) but the map, weapon, and vehicle sandbox, player ranking, and balance is probably still being tweaked. There are so many more variables in multiplayer because you have to contend with literally all of humanity. In this way they could be tweaking, fixing, balancing, etc. up until the actual launch day and just require have maps update to their "final" version on day 1 (and none would be the wiser).

In my opinion this is why we have more info on campaign than we do on multiplayer. Campaign simply has more polish, faster, than multiplayer.

Trey

What specifically is the exact opposite of a one to one ratio between released information across two modes?

Also, it only seems that way because the majority of the news released belongs to both the campaign and multiplayer.

If you discriminate for each mode, the respective lists would heavily favor multiplayer, I think.

No, but for people who didn't want to be spoiled or didn't follow the news it's a bit lame. Just saying.

Fair point, but it's probably a hard sell if you're trying to market new enemies to fight without showing the new enemies. That's not comparable to the Ancient Evil, which is marketed as a secret.

Do we know yet whether or not the Strider & Scanner helmets are going to also come with the LE, seeing as the LE comes with the "Season Pass" already? #completionist

I know all signs point to us seeing all there is to the Prometheans (Crawlers, Watchers and Knights) but I really hope they left a few new enemy types or enemy variants secret for when the game launches. I would like to be surprised a bit by what the game has coming for us, and ultimately I really am just hoping there are more than 3 enemy types.

Do we know yet whether or not the Strider & Scanner helmets are going to also come with the LE, seeing as the LE comes with the "Season Pass" already? #completionist

I don't think 343 has even acknowledged the season pass yet, let alone that. =/

TheOddOne

Saw this a while back, I wonder if it's true.
While every fan of the series might want to meet the ‘Prometheans’ in Halo 4, a source close to us has revealed a few details of the story which should engulf the grandeur of the Halo universe. We also have information on the new breed of vicious enemies in the game. The following contains spoilers of sorts. Be warned.

[Plot details]
The game’s plot will see Dr. Halsey and the Spartan program return in some form. This program is rumored to play a pivotal role in the game’s story.

Though we saw a new set of enemies being demoed, there is another set of immensely powerful enemies currently kept under wraps by 343 Industries. These foes are rumored to embody the vicious nature of the Brutes along with the agility of the Sangheili, thereby requiring Master Chief to use every tactic he has learnt so far, to take them out.

L1NETT

I raise you Mitchell and Webb's 'Football'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c

David Mitchell? Points to zap.

---

Can we assume that it will be the Pax build at Eurogamer and NYCC? Or possibly new maps etc?

UKGAF! You might want to take a look at my pre-order guide, all the pre-order bonuses and prices for Halo 4 in the UK.

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/09/halo-4-pre-order-dlc-your-complete-guide.html

Sweet, very nice Shadders. Has to be HMV :) Preordering from GAME is order suicide, especially after my ME3 Collector's edition. Will never forgive.

DesertFox

He seems pretty salty over the trollin. Don't know why he would bother answering ridiculous rumors when there are much more important things to be answered (Ranks).

Well, he kind of asked for it by tweeting the words "Knight slayer" - how were people supposed to take that?

Top Bottom