• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Vire

New interview:

"Something happens after the mission you played that keeps with our story-telling. I won’t ruin it for you but we also have terminals that go into the very surprising history of the Forerunner relationship with humans, and there’s some stuff that happens in the terminals that will – certainly for the hardcore fans – blow their minds."

Overall the interview just covers familiar ground, but it was still an interesting read.
Nice interview was glad to see this:

Is that something you felt was lacking in the previous Halo games?

Well no, because I got that with previous Halo games. Like when a Covenant dropship flies in and Grunts start jumping out the back, I love picking them off before they hit the ground.

The game lets you do that. I mean, we could make then indestructible as they fall out – and we did in some sections to create certain situations – but we want the game to reward you for being good at it, and to feel powerful. That’s what he difficulty levels are for.
I really didn't like that in Firefight (Reach) they seemingly made enemies feel invulnerable in the dropships as they were coming in.

Woorloog

Banned
Flood with jetpack confirmed?

Could make for some... interesting encounters...

That sounds... well, awesome!
Seriously. As long as the mode has good maps (properly tweaked in Forge, not just messed up but seriously thought out, maps that force people to move around or be in the open).

EDIT, no shit. How does Flood mode work in-universe? The Spartans don rubber Flood masks?

wut

Maybe because you ban everyone who says something that you don't agree with. People can't even post their opinions on there without the moderators all over their ass without a warning.

I've honestly never seen someone banned for stating an opinion. I have seen people get into trouble for stating their opinions in a rude manner.

neoism

our based god

A3u5YmCCEAA2A4e.jpg

damn frankie... :eek: you looking fit.

DeadNames

Banned
That sounds... well, awesome!
Seriously. As long as the mode has good maps (properly tweaked in Forge, not just messed up but seriously thought out, maps that force people to move around or be in the open).

RIP Sword Base's Red Lift Room.

2010-2012.

Never forget, never forgive.

And to answer the second part of your post: Training for the real thing I guess :p

Kuroyume

Banned
The Banshee was extremely easy to take out on Valhalla.

If you lose hill, laser, snipers, & your missile pod, you deserve to get dumped on.

Easy for you to say since you in all likelihood played most of the time with the same group of Gaffers who played several thousand games of Halo. Try going in with randoms and getting matched against a party. And, don't tell me it's my fault for not going in with a group. Not to mention that if the team gets overrun at their base they would spawn outside the base away from any sniper or missile pod. Good luck taking out a Banshee or Warthog with an AR. Spawn. Wiped out by fuel rod. Spawn. Sniped by some dude on the cliff. Spawn. Instant death by laser. Spawn. Mowed down by overpowered Warthog.

H3 in a nutshell.

Terrible game. Terrible map. Terrible overpowered weapons with terrible layouts. Terrible matchmaking settings.

And people call us[/u] jerks for banning users like you from the Waypoint forums. Lol

You know.. It wasn't until just last night that I noticed your name as a mod on Waypoint :b

hahah thought this same thing!

Good. Damn laser. Give me the railgun.

Depending on how fast it travels, I can definitely see the Railgun becoming a more balanced top-hill starting weapon instead of the Laser.

Why are you so rude sometimes?

Waypoints site wasn't working for me until now so I only saw the screenshots before.

But thanks for being a jackass know it all.
To be honest the post was intended to be rude. I am sorry if I insulted you.
But 99,99% of my posts are rude on accident. I always feel sorry when I re-read the post and notice that I sound like a douchebag. I am not an arse in real life and don't try to be one in the internet. I think people who met me know it.

Woorloog

Banned
And to answer the second part of your post: Training for the real thing I guess :p

Well, duh. So obvious i didn't think of it. Very logical. Though it seems someone didn't send UNSC HIGHCOM proper pics of the Flood.
Still wondering how the Spartans are made to look like the Flood, rubber masks or holograms?

Karl2177

Easy for you to say since you in all likelihood played most of the time with the same group of Gaffers who played several thousand games of Halo. Try going in with randoms and getting matched against a party. And, don't tell me it's my fault for not going in with a group. Not to mention that if the team gets overrun at their base they would spawn outside the base away from any sniper or missile pod. Good luck taking out a Banshee or Warthog with an AR. Spawn. Wiped out by fuel rod. Spawn. Sniped by some dude on the cliff. Spawn. Instant death by laser. Spawn. Mowed down by overpowered Warthog.

H3 in a nutshell.

Terrible game. Terrible map. Terrible overpowered weapons with terrible layouts. Terrible matchmaking settings.
But definitely not terrible Kuroyume. Ever.

Ramirez

H3 in a nutshell.

500x_reggie_not_my_problem.jpg

No competitive MP game is fun by yourself, that's never going to change.

BigShow36

H3 in a nutshell.

Agreed. I hate being required to have an "anti-vehicle" weapon to even have a chance of harming the vehicles. I can drop a nade right underneath the warthog and it does nothing.

Disagree.

Vire

To be honest the post was intended to be rude. I am sorry if I insulted you.
But 99,99% of my posts are rude on accident. I always feel sorry when I re-read the post and notice that I sound like a douchebag. I am not an arse in real life and don't try to be one in the internet. I think people who met me know it.

It's okay, all is forgiven.

neoism

9 of my accounts got banned on there, because I kept going on different accounts and the mods were getting pissy because it was 'against the rules to have 2 accounts' I mean wut? That's a stupid rule, if I have more than 1 xbox live account I should be able to use it, even if it was because my other account got temporarily banned.
My first account getting temporarily banned was stupid, I was round my mates and when I went to get something to eat, he posted something and the mods banned me for it. -/-

wow you better no do that hear... I'm an one account guy... had my gamertag for 7 years, still use my hotmail lol had it for 10 years

DeadNames

Banned
Well, duh. So obvious i didn't think of it. Very logical. Though it seems someone didn't send UNSC HIGHCOM proper pics of the Flood.
Still wondering how the Spartans are made to look like the Flood, rubber masks or holograms?

Nanobots.

I don't like Fit Frankie, Classic Frankie better be unlockable

Don't worry, there will be a stripped down Frankie.

Stinkles, you know what to do

GhaleonEB

Waypoint seems to be back up and running properly, but just in case...

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/20120926_waypoint/
Thank you based Wu. Images look great.

Just read what "Ragnorok" means in Norse mythology. That's probably a more suitable name for the map than Asgard. Still want to see a map named Asgard though.

My hype for Ragnorok depends on whether the map is more re-imaging than remake. If it's the latter, I'll approach it with cautious optimism at best – I don't think I can get honestly hyped – for reasons I've laid out here before. Of course, this is open to changing with any impressions that I'm very eager to read. I'm very curious to see what, if any, changes have been made.

You are better man than I.

If I had to pick one single map as my favorite in the series, it's Valhalla. And it was the one map I really didn't want a remake of, because of how the Halo 4 sandbox is designed. I'm terrified.

Dat DMR.

I hope as you do that it's a liberal reinterpretation of the map designed to with the new combat sandbox in mind. But without the high man cannons? Allowing DRM users on the hill to pound on guys in the base, and cover the entire span in between? (On the map, you can flank the hill while staying out of BR range - not if they have DMR's.) Please be a re-imagining.

Talents

Banned
wow you better no do that hear... I'm an one account guy... had my gamertag for 7 years, still use my hotmail lol had it for 10 years

Haha, don't worry, I've read the rules enough times to know that, each time I make a post that I think is a bit too much I check the rules and if necessary edit it to meet the guidelines, I know well enough by now not to make multiple accounts on here.

Enemy wins opening rush, claims laser, wins vehicle supremacy.

You manage to fight your way back onto the hill for control and all you get is a rail gun or (non homing) rocket to try and kill their banshee/scorpion/hog.

LOLBALANCE

*You manage to fight your way back onto the hill for control and all you get is the needler

lmao

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Me + 2 sticky grenades = dead vehicle.
I love going into BTB by myself and playing. I find it a fin challenge to outsmart vehicle drivers and find ways to kill them without a power weapon.
With sprint in Halo 4 I think the vehicle balance will be a bit better though. Less overpowering by vehicles. Map design looks better too.

There is SOMETHING other than what we guessed on Disc 2 or 343 would have confirmed by now. Some new feature or something that they don't want to talk about.

I certainly hope it can be better than it has been. I play by myself a lot, and getting 'matched' up against an already formed team when mine are all randoms is just backbreaking. Hoping for a "Lone Wolf/Mercenary" filter, or even better have matchmaking see that you're alone and pair you up with other solo players. I can wait longer if that's what it takes; that beer won't drink itself.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I see a lack of 'rated M for Mature' on disk 2.

Maybe it's a making of for the special edition?

Also; Just watched the Blops 2 zombies trailer. Their graphics look terrible :\
I really liked Blops 1, but the next is just very offputting.

wut

Maybe because you ban everyone who says something that you don't agree with. People can't even post their opinions on there without the moderators all over their ass without a warning.

I'm not even going to go into all the ways that this is simply false. There are rules. people break them. There are consequences. Period. Not once has someone gotten banned because "we didn't agree with their opinion." That is the great cry of the Uninformed. Unless of course, you consider banning someone for posting topics like "343 sucks azzz!!@" "disagreement". It's a first-party forum, dude. There are obviously certain boundaries that will be different than a forum like GAF or even HBO.

If you think having to go sit back down after three strikes is unfair, don't play baseball. If you want 20 cards in your hand at once, don't play poker. It's funny how many people talk so badly about the Waypoint forums, while being mad that mods aren't letting them continue to participate there.

I've honestly never seen someone banned for stating an opinion. I have seen people get into trouble for stating their opinions in a rude manner.

THIS. Which again goes back to "don't break rules". The rule is not "don't have an opinion", it's "don't be a dick."

Gray Man

Banned
One of my roommates is furious that there won't be a Forge World in Halo 4. How can I explain to him that beyond himself, the majority of other people had huge lag issues?

FUCK YEAH Valhalla, one of my favourite maps from Halo 3. I expected Hemorrhage to fill that hole in Reach, but what I got was, well...Hemorrhage.
I'm hyped for BTB again.

I always play with randoms; I only have a couple friends that I've played Halo with in the past...which is part of why I'm here, so hopefully that can end. But it honestly isn't that bad, you just have to stand up to the plate and let people you're playing with know whats going on. It helps.

Top Bottom