• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
For the record, the last part of my post was in jest, but I'm honestly interested if Heavies is going to be in Halo 4 or at least reduced/tweaked?

All playlists are being streamlined so the default answer is yes - the content of matchmaking is being designed and tuned as we speak (literally) and so there won't be firm details until the game is launched, basically, or at least the week(s) before.

Stinkles

Sacre Bleu!

PS> Please put a competitive ranking system in Halo 4. I will forever be a 343 slave.

That's interesting, since nobody from the press or the public has played the first four missions. Oh and Rally point C in mission 3 takes 15 minutes with invincibility turned on.

Talents

Banned
That's interesting, since nobody from the press or the public has played the first four missions. Oh and Rally point C in mission 3 takes 15 minutes with invincibility turned on.

By that do you mean just running through the mission without killing anything?

DeadNames

Banned

Invincibility? Was this available in past Halo games? I don't remember.

New skull?

Edit: And do we have to find skulls this time? I want another reason to go back to the campaign (after getting Mk 6).

Duji

An issue with harder preference options is you just end up with virtual playlists that exist inside other playlists. Much like if you had a hard option in Reach to only play DLC, you'd essentially be making 6 clones of each list - normal, DLC Noble, DLC Defiant, DLC Anniversary, DLC Noble + Defiant , DLC Noble + Anni, DLC Defiant + Anni. Instead of having 20 playlists you'd have, functionally, 120. Search times would go down the toilet.

You could have softer options that influence weights and not completely kill search times.
You would only get 120 playlists if the system is highly inefficient. Remember, many of those options are mutually inclusive. The only things that are mutually exclusive are DLC Noble, DLC Defiant, and DLC Anni.

Ideally, if you were to set your preferences to "Noble" only, you would be thrown in the DLC Noble, DLC Noble + Anni, and DLC Noble + Defiant searches all at once, with a 0% chance of playing anything other than Noble. I don't know if the term playlist would effectively describe the aforementioned system at all though.

Ich bin schottisch und wir haben ein altes Bündnis mit dem Franzosen gegen die Engländer. Or should it be, "Ich bin ein Schotte?"
Fixed it for ya.

Wait... Vehicles? Third mission?.. Infinity lands in the fourth mission iirc... No vehicles aboard FuD afaik,
?
Who said a) that there is no vehicles on board of FUD? b) the E3 mission was the fourth one? Wasn't it only mentioned the mission is from the 1/3 of the game?

Stinkles

Fixed it for ya.

Who said a) that there is no vehicles on board of FUD? b) the E3 mission was the fourth one? Wasn't it only mentioned the mission is from the 1/3 of the game?

My German teacher used to say "Schottischer" but it was colloquial - like "scotch" or "brit"

Also, for history fans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auld_Alliance

God mode would be very interesting though.

But achievements would have to be disabled with that on.

Debug mode, sorry.

GhaleonEB

Why on earth would we put Heavies in matchmaking when everyone knows that all people would refuse to buy the game if we did?
I read this and thought, please make Heavies its own playlist. It won't happen. It probably shouldn't happen. But it's like adding Team Snipers into the Team Slayer playlist. It's a distinct enough experience to be something entirely other than the game I enter the playlist to play.

No, but definitely a speed run with lots of vehicles.
I said wow. Campaign remains what I'm most excited about with Halo 4. You are not doing anything to mitigate this. Nothing!

Akai__

Don't believe any other source, since they can't prove it. When somebody officially from 343i says: "trust them, they played the campaign at the press event" or something like that, you are free to believe them.

DeadNames

Banned
On the topic of exploration, I hope soft kill boundaries aren't in campaign. I liked having pretty much the whole map to explore. When I saw something cool in Reach's campaign and walked towards it, I had to return to the battlefield. I don't really mind it in MP, but campaign shouldn't have it.

And I also hope that it's not just a hallway shootout with seemingly endless enemies and with invisible walls everywhere a la Black Ops.

Top Bottom