• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Hyper lethal?

Now i'm just imagining them crazily raping grunts after destroying camps

I thoght it was in 2 parts... Turns out, the site must have gone down half way through and both files encounter problems half way through. buuuuhuuuu :(

Edit: <3 my battle bro

Argh. Still downloading this damn ViDoc. I hate my I-Net Connection.

Btw. i'll try to record some HD videos with my Brothers iPhone 4G at the GamesCom.

I came.

So wait, Halsey is gonna put Auntie Dot in Noble 6's head? Awesome.

Also cool is it sounds like they got
Jen Taylor to do Halsey's voice like a slightly sterner take on Cortana. Perfect.

broony

snoopeasystreet said:
possible spoiler

from the end of the video, it sounds like noble 6 will be responsible for bringing cortana to the pillar of autumn

Exactly what I got from it.

JMizzlin

Incredible.

What was that chip 6 was holding that Kat claimed wasn't his domain? An AI chip?

So much damn food for thought, but I can't help but feel that gives a little too much away.

Cetra

snoopeasystreet said:
possible spoiler

from the end of the video, it sounds like noble 6 will be responsible for bringing cortana to the pillar of autumn

If that turns out to be true... SO EPIC.

Sibylus

Banned
snoopeasystreet said:
possible spoiler

Ooh, there's a thought. Would be kickass if that's how it turns out.

Flipyap

So... does Emile have a face? Right now I'm imagining him engraving a skull into his own skull.

Or did he just accidentally glue that helmet onto his head during some other arts and crafts project?

snoopeasystreet said:
possible spoiler

Pretty sure it's
Auntie Dot. 'Her' symbol keeps popping up throughout the vidoc. And Cortana was already installed on the Pillar of Autumn during the events of Reach

snoopeasystreet said:
possible spoiler

Not unless there's some serious retconning about to happen.
Story is Chief lands, gets Cortana for the first time, does a UNSC test and goes into Orbit. In Orbit when Covenant show up.

Mik2121

Hydranockz said:
"Only one other Spartan got that rating", then proceeds to mention this 'one'.

Importance of Master Chief right?
Sounds like that. Either way, I can't help but ride on the HYPE BANSHEE!!

smn2K.png

Mush

Is this new trailer particularly spoilery at all? Keep in mind I still haven't seen the previous one, only the last Red vs. Blue Vidoc.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Mush said:
Is this new trailer particularly spoilery at all? Keep in mind I still haven't seen the previous one, only the last Red vs. Blue Vidoc.
If you don't want to know any story stuff.. Yes.

Mush said:
It's probably the most spoilery vidoc ever. A lot can be seen in it or inferred from it.

Damn. I'm hyped. Really hyped like Halo 3.
Halsey confirmed, i guess the master chief is confirmed, too. Amazing gameplay scenes. I luv you bungie

Lazslo said:
So I was bored tonight and went back and watched the Making of Halo 2 documentary and it ssparked a question: Where does the Arbiter play into Reach? Is it possible that he could make an appearance back when he still had some covenant dignity. I'm not exactly a Halo fiction prodigy, but is it plausible that we could run into the Arbiter on the planet Reach?
I believe the Arbiter was on the ships that followed the POA with the Chief on it during Halo 1. As he was punished for it's destruction by the humans.

So unless the POA isn't already gone into random slipspace before Halo Reach, then I'd say there's a chance to see the Arbiter's Battlecruiser... though I doubt we'd interact with the Battlecruiser specifically or even see the Arbiter at all.

What would the point of seeing the Arbiter be? His story has already been told, there's really nothing I can imagine that would spice it up if some details were given about his run as a Shipmaster for the Covenant before becoming a heretic.

Plasma

Banned
Can't believe how quickly this is coming out really hyped for this one, was looking forward to a reach game ever since reading the book years ago.

Chinner

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
Well, yes, that one particular part always made me laugh at how bad it was. But still, Halo CE was keyframed as well, and didn't have particularly amazing animation either.
no cutscene in halo was ever bad as that though.

Sibylus

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
What would the point of seeing the Arbiter be? His story has already been told, there's really nothing I can imagine that would spice it up if some details were given about his run as a Shipmaster for the Covenant before becoming a heretic.
Could make a really nice part of an after-credits Legendary scene!

Thermite

WOW, freaking amazing ViDoc. Really, really surprised to
not only hear Dr. Halsey narrating throughout the whole thing, but actually to see her at the end. HOLY SHIT
!

Bring on September 14th! :D

Cuban Legend said:
His armour & cloak as Supreme Commander is pretty badass though, if you've seen it in the Halo Graphic Novel.
Would be nice to see it in engine. And it's Keith David.

derFeef

Blueblur1 said:
That's not a vidoc, it's a trailer with some recycled footage. Meh.
Not the whole thing, and it´s the content whats so exciting. Guess not everyone cares about story stuff.

Top Bottom