• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach @ ComicCon + Press Conference/Panel

Today is a media event in Munich, Germany. Microsoft unveil the german Pre-order box, too:
2irxe1y.jpg

derFeef

Hypertrooper said:
No? It would be great to get the game one month before the release.

The DVD contains video material. I think its some promo material. Nothing really worth to watch.
So this is the Bonus you get if you pre-order the game? Promo material?

Pete Rock

GhaleonEB said:
Heh. I'd literally just watched it and was coming to post. I'm so glad Race is a full game type again. Racing along the beach looks great.
The wheelie lives on in Reach, it almost brings a tear to my eye seeing it busted out on such beautiful terrain.

I'm dying to see them confirm race gametypes in Reach matchmaking, I could never get mad a bungie again :D

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
TacticalFox88 said:
^^^Nice Vids.

Ghaleon are you creating the GAF clan, or is it Dax or someone else?

I ran the Beta tags, I think there was 3 of them in the end. Yeah, someone else can handle it for the full release. Clicking through hundreds of tags is the opposite of fun.

Gui_PT

Dani said:
I ran the Beta tags, I think there was 3 of them in the end. Yeah, someone else can handle it for the full release. Clicking through hundreds of tags is the opposite of fun.

Did people actually use those? =\

I can do that for the full release, if someone tells me how it works =P

Wiggum2007

Hypertrooper said:
Its a pre-order pack you can buy for 20€ in the video game store. When you buy the Halo Reach you will get a 20€ discount. I have no clue what the disc contains.

I hope this video isnt already posted:
SDCC 10: Work In Progress Interview

I hope by fully orchestrated soundtrack he doesn't mean fully orchestrated soundtrack, I want my Halo Synth and Drums™ please!

Falagard

Letters said:
There's a nice mongoose video I didn't see posted here:

http://bit.ly/9dyiO8

credit: Louis Wu / HBO

Awesome, can't wait to play race. We've seen the new Mongoose a lot now, so the fact that it's huge doesn't surprise me now, but I wonder why they decided to make it so large. Like, what was the reasoning behind it? Was the old Mongoose too small of a target?

I also wonder why they decided to make a mini wraith and get rid of the chopper. What part of the Sandbox was missing a mini death machine? My guess is that it's completely compaign related, they decided they wanted to have something to counteract the gauss hog or something. Anyhow, the removal of the Chopper I think is one of Reach's biggest miss-steps.

Voltron64 said:
I thought there would be lots of new footage...I thought wrong. Sorry for the horrible quality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKjqA3hgL-M

Thanks Voltron! You're right, nobody else is capturing video from Comic Con. What's up with that? Thank you for your vids! Hemorrhage looks great.

Flipyap

Falagard said:
Awesome, can't wait to play race. We've seen the new Mongoose a lot now, so the fact that it's huge doesn't surprise me now, but I wonder why they decided to make it so large. Like, what was the reasoning behind it? Was the old Mongoose too small of a target?
I don't think it's that much bigger. I'm guessing it's mostly the difference in height of Spartans 2 and 3.
It already looked quite gigantic in ODST

2yzk1nk.jpg

szaromir

Banned
No Grunt comedy in Reach? That's disappointing. I hope the game will have some humorous aspects, it wouldn'tfeel like Halo anymore.

I'll miss the chopper because it was the best anti-vehicle vehicle. It could close in on Wraiths/Scorpions super fast for a little boarding/grenade planting, and was great at catching Warthogs by surprise. The cannons were good enough to shoot out Ghost drivers with a little luck.

I always preferred a Warthog turret for anti infantry, but with the new Reach Warthog... Slower turret + overheat + armor lock is probably going to equal a whole bunch of fail.

Am... where has it ever been said that the chopper was gone? Sure it could be a bit sad if it didn't make it but just because we can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Once again, thanks Voltron, you keep delivering the goods!

Genesis Knight said:
Well, it wasn't in the list of vehicles pulled from the Beta data - which has otherwise so far been proved to be accurate.

I don't believe the revenant or what ever that new mini wraith was either, was it?

Hydranockz said:
Am... where has it ever been said that the chopper was gone? Sure it could be a bit sad if it didn't make it but just because we can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

I could have sworn Luke, or somebody else had said in one of the older threads that he hasn't seen the chopper in Reach. If I recall correctly, he didn't say it was gone, but it was almost implied.

Demoncarnotaur said:
I could have sworn Luke, or somebody else had said in one of the older threads that he hasn't seen the chopper in Reach. If I recall correctly, he didn't say it was gone, but it was almost implied.
I expect to see a radical iteration of it but I certaintly won't doubt it appearing in Reach. EazyB has proven on numerous occasions since the beta the Bungie listen to him so expect a Chopper orientated fully fledged campaigh or some kind of Chopper in the game.

Hydranockz said:
I expect to see a radical iteration of it but I certaintly won't doubt it appearing in Reach. EazyB has proven on numerous occasions since the beta the Bungie listen to him so expect a Chopper orientated fully fledged campaigh or some kind of Chopper in the game.

I hope we do see it. The revenant doesn't excite me too much, it kinda reminds me of a fast heavy spectre. Im sure its pretty cool, but at the moment it seems predictable. I really liked the chopper, it was a unique part of the sandbox that provided some good variety. Maybe they will have a chopper/prowler hybrid?

I'm torn, while if it is in the game I really would want to see it, I also want some decent surprises in the final game.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hydranockz said:
The Chopper is gone.

That's weird I swear I saw a line of choppers in the Forge World vidoc when they were talking about rube Goldberg machines

sucks that it's gone, I like it better then the mongoose

Doodis

Zeouterlimits said:
Booooo!
And yes, Hemorrhage is a terrible name. Blood Gulch/Coagulation were 'silly' but fine, Hemorrhage is a tad ... not sure what the word I'm looking for is..
I believe the word you're looking for is XXXtreme!

And I like the name. It's better than Sickle-Cell Anemia.

Top Bottom