• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach @ ComicCon + Press Conference/Panel

Ramirez

Voltron, in your video you sniped the turret gunner in the tank and the entire thing blew up, was someone else damaging it, or can you still kill vehicles with weapons like the sniper and sword? :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ramirez said:
You're telling me that getting on any kind of spree with the thing is as easy as the Hog turret, Hornet, Wraith, Ghost, or Tank? Granted on Sandtrap you can take it to the dunes and people can't do much to you, but if you try to take the thing into the action it has the least amount of cover and you rarely survive if you go past someone and don't kill them. It's very easy to BR someone out of it from the back/side, and the AR rips it apart as well, not to mention how easy it is to flip it or get it going in some direction that completely kills your momentum.

Maybe I'm bias because I love the using it so much but it does seem easy to get a spree going, especially if there are other vehicles on the map (that isn't the Scorpion).

And don't knock the Toboggan, it's beastly.

EazyB

Banned
Luke said the chopper was gone nearly a year ago. Why are people acting like it's news? I made a RIP montage some time ago. The only question is whether or not it's unique role in the sandbox with be filled with something else. The revenant looks completely uneccessary as it's but a hybrid of two other vehicles in the sandbox and just another vehicle with an extremely shallow learning curve (some people can't get kills without explosions).

Really hoping for a replacement as I believe it served a very vital and unique role but I'm not holding my breath. If the beta was any indication, whoever was in charge of the vehicle sandbox clearly doesn't understand what made halo 3's so great.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The Ghost is my favorite vehicle, so I am really looking forward to trying out the Revenant.

EDIT:

Question for Urk, Shishka, or any Bungie lurker. Is there a decent amount of multiplayer details left to be revealed? Still a few vehicles and weapons? Also any clues as to how many more armor abilities there are?

I'll be at the PAX panel, so hoping for some megatons I can post live to HaloGaf. :D

Voltron64

Ramirez said:
Voltron, in your video you sniped the turret gunner in the tank and the entire thing blew up, was someone else damaging it, or can you still kill vehicles with weapons like the sniper and sword? :lol
I think the cover was blown off and the drivers head was exposed. He never saw it coming. :lol

EazyB said:
I made a RIP montage some time ago.
It's nice to see you are nearing the end of the grieving period.

First denial, then anger (lots of anger), then the montage, then depression and now finally acceptance. The rest of ChopperGaf have a long way to go.

GhaleonEB

Deadly Cyclone said:
I'll be at the PAX panel, so hoping for some megatons I can post live to HaloGaf. :D
PAX is less than two weeks from release, so I'm guessing all the surprises that are going to be revealed between now and release will come before then. Though if last year's ODST panel is any indication, it will still be awesome.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GhaleonEB said:
PAX is less than two weeks from release, so I'm guessing all the surprises that are going to be revealed between now and release will come before then. Though if last year's ODST panel is any indication, it will still be awesome.

I've thought about that, but when Bungie/MS makes the marketing schedule they had to see PAX as the final blowout before launch, so I am hoping for some huge reveal. :D

big ander

People didn't know the chopper was gone?
Eazy's right, we need something in the sandbox to replace it. The Revenant does not impress.

EazyB

Banned
Hydranockz said:
It's nice to see you are nearing the end of the grieving period.

First denial, then anger (lots of anger), then the montage, then depression and now finally acceptance. The rest of ChopperGaf have a long way to go.
It's a tough road. Here's the montage in case anyone missed it: Link

Ramirez said:
I doubt it, seems kind of redundant.
Revenant - mini wraith
Hornet - mini falcon

Why not?

Ramirez

EazyB said:
It's a tough road. Here's the montage in case anyone missed it: Link

Revenant - mini wraith
Hornet - mini falcon

Why not?

6a00d4142efd3f3c7f00d414332aab3c7f-500pi

Striker

big ander said:
People didn't know the chopper was gone?
Eazy's right, we need something in the sandbox to replace it. The Revenant does not impress.
I'd give it a chance before making any irrational claims. I don't think many people were pumped about the Chopper, especially its appearance, when Halo 3 first hit.

The Falcon, hopefully, will be used as often and adds another aerial assault. The Hornet's use was vastly underwhelming and disappointing.

They still should add, or did already behind the scenes, a Covenant vehicle that seats multiple players and allows for more variety in CTF and Assault games. They tried with the Spectre and Prowler, but were basically the same mechanism aside from appearance. Weak turret, no boost, and has a gliding feel. Best used as a battering ram on unsuspected enemies.

darthbob

Deadly Cyclone said:
I've thought about that, but when Bungie/MS makes the marketing schedule they had to see PAX as the final blowout before launch, so I am hoping for some huge reveal. :D

Unless it gets to France before then. :lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Striker said:
I'd give it a chance before making any irrational claims. I don't think many people were pumped about the Chopper, especially its appearance, when Halo 3 first hit.

The Falcon, hopefully, will be used as often and adds another aerial assault. The Hornet's use was vastly underwhelming and disappointing.

They still should add, or did already behind the scenes, a Covenant vehicle that seats multiple players and allows for more variety in CTF and Assault games. They tried with the Spectre and Prowler, but were basically the same mechanism aside from appearance. Weak turret, no boost, and has a gliding feel. Best used as a battering ram on unsuspected enemies.

The number one thing that excites me about the Falcon is the lock hovering. I love that you can finally hover in one place.

big ander

Domino Theory said:
Voltron, go to this and record everything: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402401
Yeah, everyone there is going to die.
Just kidding, Skies is nice.
Striker said:

Alright, I'll give it a chance. I just don't see what hole it fills in the Sandbox.
The Falcon looks great though. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks a little quicker and more maneuverable than the Hornet, which will truly make it the Warthog of the sky.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Shishka said:
I'ma do better than that. Working on it right now, in fact. Hopefully Urk's foray into map design will help figure out how to inunciate the finer details.

<3<3<3

And don't hold back either. We want every little detail. :D

Also, has Bungie spoken about an improved Theater mode for Launch? I'm forgetting if they have. Like, can we view every player in 1 film from the first person perspective in Reach? Or how about that glitch when a player falls off of a map, the perspective will change to another play automatically...fixed? More than 4 people in a theater party?

Beowulf28 said:
Who's writing it?

They didn't announce a direct sequel to Ghosts of Onyx as such, here's what Karen Traviss said:
This is a new storyline. It isn't a sequel to Ghosts of Onyx in the sense that you mean a sequel, i.e. a continuation of the same story with the same cast- these novels are just set after it and follow the events of Halo 3. There'll be new characters and new storylines.
http://karentraviss.typepad.com/blog/2010/07/master-chief-insists.html

Personally I'm looking forward to reading them!

Top Bottom