• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach @ ComicCon + Press Conference/Panel

GarthVaderUK said:
They didn't announce a direct sequel to Ghosts of Onyx as such, here's what Karen Traviss said:

http://karentraviss.typepad.com/blog/2010/07/master-chief-insists.html

Personally I'm looking forward to reading them!
Hearing what Karen Traviss said about the Halo Universe on the Halo Panel and what felt like her general lack of enthusiasm made me feel less excited about this novel. She had never been interested in the Universe before she began working on it, and still seems disinterested (to me). Please show me wrong (not sarcastic, really asking).

Although, Human Weakness in Evolutions was one of my favorites personally (over the Mona Lisa). I'm definitely going to buy it, darn my fanboyism, but I hope it's not another Cole Protocol...

Major Williams said:
Hearing what Karen Traviss said about the Halo Universe on the Halo Panel and what felt like her general lack of enthusiasm made me feel less excited about this novel. She had never been interested in the Universe before she began working on it, and still seems disinterested (to me). Please show me wrong (not sarcastic, really asking).

Although, Human Weakness in Evolutions was one of my favorites personally (over the Mona Lisa). I'm definitely going to buy it, darn my fanboyism, but I hope it's not another Cole Protocol...
The Star Wars fanbase was also not very amused with her- apparently she tends to ignore the overall continuity and make her favorite stuff way more important than necessary- her and Lucasbooks parted ways rather angrily because of some continuity issues.

Dunno maybe she can do Halo well but I'm not terribly excited9- doesn't help that I absolutely hated Human Weakness :p

Major Williams said:

She seemed pretty damn interested in the Cortana/Halsey keg of depressing lives, she described it practically spot on in my mind.

Zeouterlimits said:
She seemed pretty damn interested in the Cortana/Halsey keg of depressing lives, she described it practically spot on in my mind.
Yeah, but in a way that wasn't particularly interesting and more focused on her and what she likes to write about. Not what she can offer to the Halo Universe.

However, I'm sad to see that she had some continuity issues with the Star Wars Universe, and I'm sure that Frankie et al will be on top of that for sure. What didn't you like about Human Weakness, Filthy Lies?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You all see this? New screen from an upcoming trailer from waypoint's facebook.

39202_142734629077895_128203443864347_347387_586288_n.jpg

http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=347387&id=128203443864347

Gui_PT

Deadly Cyclone said:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs117.ash2/39202_142734629077895_128203443864347_347387_586288_n.jpg

[url]http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=347387&id=128203443864347[/url][/QUOTE]

It's that kickass cutscene we saw with no textures. Been waiting to see that for months!

Deadly Cyclone said:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs117.ash2/39202_142734629077895_128203443864347_347387_586288_n.jpg[/img

[url]http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=347387&id=128203443864347[/url][/QUOTE]
So I guess this is Thursday's big announcement?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Zeouterlimits said:
Yelp.
Don't suppose we're going to have a campaign-free thread for the next month?
I want to chat but remain free of any new knowledge.
I think it's almost time to have an official thread, maybe that one can be non spoiler and we can have another for spoilers

I hope its a campaign trailer like the Halo 3 E307 campaign trailer. If not i'll read nothimg more from the game.

Deadly Cyclone said:
I think it's almost time to have an official thread, maybe that one can be non spoiler and we can have another for spoilers

I think a official thread is only allowed two weeks before the game release?

feel

EazyB said:
It's a tough road. Here's the montage in case anyone missed it: Link
Dammit this video really hurts now.. :(

Back then I was thinking Luke's words were being misinterpreted or that there still was plenty of time for it to be put in the game.

Lazslo

Dani said:
There might be a clue in the image filename!

39202_142734629077895_128203443864347_347387_586288_n.jpg
It's totally the start of my ARG. Thanks 343i, I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Mik2121

Can't wait for the official thread. Hopefully it's something epic :) it will also be my first posting on a Halo official thread.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
I think a official thread is only allowed two weeks before the game release?
One. Though I'm going to ask to post two weeks before because that pre-release period is going to be anarchy.

On a related note, m0dus is now working on the OT art, all three posts. 'Tis a bit on the epic side, though I'm working to compress some of it by incorporating images.

Edit: pic looks awesome, can't wait for the trailer. Can someone post the text from the Facebook post? I can't view Facebook at work.

Lazslo

Mik2121 said:
Can't wait for the official thread. Hopefully it's something epic :) it will also be my first posting on a Halo official thread.
You should really step it up and play customs with us on Saturday Night around 10pm Est/ 7pm Pst. I think we found a keeper game type last week: 1flag on Longshore with BR/Needler Starts and MLG settings which include 90% damage, 110% movement, No Radar. It has something for everyone and it's fun!

GhaleonEB said:
Edit: pic looks awesome, can't wait for the trailer. Can someone post the text from the Facebook post? I can't view Facebook at work.
Check out this exclusive sneak peak at the upcoming Halo: Reach trailer and keep checking back for more updates!

ESRB Rating: MATURE (Blood, Violence)

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Check out this exclusive sneak peak at the upcoming Halo: Reach trailer and keep checking back for more updates!

Thanks. Hopefully that's tomorrow's news.

Dax01 said:

That's something I've always appreciated about the Halo games. Yeah they are rated M but they are still relatively clean. I don't really have to worry about who I play them around. Would it be safe to assume Bungie's next big thing will follow suit?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
EazyB said:
It's a tough road. Here's the montage in case anyone missed it: Link

Revenant - mini wraith
Hornet - mini falcon

Why not?

I call shenanigans @ 0:52 of that montage for obvious reasons. :p

@AlienShogun: the Missile Pod's reticule is gone from the Rocket's reticule for Reach. It's in the Forge World ViDoc.

Hypertrooper said:
Hype? Yeah. Great :D

That screen seems to be the final version of the sequence that has been talked about a lot during the first info outburst, back in the ViDoc 1 days.

The scene is also visible in that ViDoc, without the texturing.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
Hype? Yeah. Great :D
Random speculation.

Microsoft doesn't generally release news/media on Fridays. So I'm assuming that if the trailer is due this week, it's due tomorrow. New content (such as trailers and vidocs) often hits Marketplace at 2:00 or 3:00 Pacific time US, and since Waypoint is teasing it, I'm guessing it will hit there, which puts it on Live. Not sure when the event is tomorrow, but it's in London, and that's around 10:00 in the morning London time, so it's plausible the news happens then and hits Marketplace right after.

[/randomspeculation]

GhaleonEB said:
Random speculation.

Microsoft doesn't generally release news/media on Fridays. So I'm assuming that if the trailer is due this week, it's due tomorrow. New content (such as trailers and vidocs) often hits Marketplace at 2:00 or 3:00 Pacific time US, and since Waypoint is teasing it, I'm guessing it will hit there, which puts it on Live. Not sure when the event is tomorrow, but it's in London, and that's around 10:00 in the morning London time, so it's plausible the news happens then and hits Marketplace right after.

[/randomspeculation]
I think we will see stuff around 14:00gmt(5am PST) or 17:00gmt(8am PST). The most EU-embargo ends around this time.

The presence of Rio Ferdinand means it is soccer-related, in all likelihood.

Didn't they say at one points they had new gametype tools so designers would stop bugging engineers and could put things together easily themselves? Maybe those are in the game, and soccer is being shown as one example.

metareferential said:
So new thread in case of new substantial info?

Like, say, the new trailer?
I'd wait and see just how substantial it is first. We haven't had any urk/sketch teasing about it, and GAF is probably already regretting the 'new thread for news' policy when it comes to Halo.

Oozer3993

AwesomeSyrup said:
That's something I've always appreciated about the Halo games. Yeah they are rated M but they are still relatively clean. I don't really have to worry about who I play them around. Would it be safe to assume Bungie's next big thing will follow suit?

Fun fact, Halo 1 was originally rated T, and I believe a very small number of copies were even printed up that way. The ESRB changed their minds and the rating at the last minute.

GhaleonEB

Shake Appeal said:
I'd wait and see just how substantial it is first. We haven't had any urk/sketch teasing about it, and GAF is probably already regretting the 'new thread for news' policy when it comes to Halo.
I think it's an easy call when something like a new trailer hits. When there's a thread for an event at which there is an announcement and after which there's an epic BWU...yeah. Ug.
-Yeti said:
Anyone know where to find the list for upcoming Double XP Weekend playlists?
Playlists for the month are listed here. Next month's set has not to my knowledge been announced.

Top Bottom