• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach @ ComicCon + Press Conference/Panel

GhaleonEB

The system will come with a copy of Halo: Reach, two wireless Halo controllers, and the 250GB hard drive. Microsoft should be making this official very soon—we hear later today—so you shouldn't have to wait long for the official images.​
As expected, and that's a pretty good package, actually. It manages to come in under when buying the components separately. And beats the crap out of the value prop from the Halo 3 SKU...

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Doodis said:
I bet the console is one of the megatons. That, and whatever Forge material they reveal.

I really hope not, the console is something that most people can predict and I don't really think that Bungie would hype it to us like a megaton. :(

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
Go play Cortana on Legendary and don't rush through.

Return to the thread in tears.

mv11k5.jpg

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Updated OP with Reach 360 and Controller stories.

Hope they aren't considered "megaton", everyone pretty much expected them.
Yeah I suspect Bungie wouldn't be hyping consoles or controllers; they know it's all about Reach when it comes to the megatonz.

Though I wonder if the new console is what Waypoint was teasting as being [redacted] a while back that they're giving away. Or has that happened already?

Doodis

GhaleonEB said:
Though I wonder if the new console is what Waypoint was teasting as being [redacted] a while back that they're giving away. Or has that happened already?

I think it is:
Just got [REDACTED] and we're bringing it to #SDCC to give away! See it for the 1st time @ the Reach panel. Prepare to have your mind blown.

PS - this is not the amazing signed McFarlane statue we are giving away on Sun. This i something else new! NEW I tell you!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GhaleonEB said:
They just announced the Blood Gulch remake. As Gui said, I think the megaton will be what Forge can do with it.

That...or...wait for it...
Kinect Reach

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lunchbox said:
dont hate on turf

it has a hog and no place to drive it. its awesome

:lol :lol :lol

edit: I think he was talking about Gemini. What a shitty map.

Kibbles

I don't think the console was a megaton, it's not really related to the game itself. And why would we care since we all have 360s? (Unless you love wasting money on collectibles or looking to upgrade your console)

Actually, if I had the money and could sell my current console for a high price towards this thing I might get it. New slim should last longer, 250GB HDD, and sleek silver look? Plus the Reach controllers. Shiiitt....

Striker

Lunchbox said:
dont hate on turf

Turf had 3 Plots. I can't dislike it.

What's Gemini give me outside guys camping outside on the pillars!

If we get the Forge reveal, I suspect we'll see various maps from it. Excitement fills the air! :)

GhaleonEB

Lunchbox said:
dont hate on turf

Reminds me a bit of Zanzibar. You can open up the base and drive the Hog straight in! And have enough room to back it out again.

EazyB

Banned
Not a Jellyfish said:
I really hope not, the console is something that most people can predict and I don't really think that Bungie would hype it to us like a megaton. :(
Well Sketch only mentioned one megaton. Urk, in what I assume was a desperate act of reclaiming relevance, hinted that there would be more than one megaton. I'm not sure where people are getting this hard 2 from but then again I may just have missed it.

Here's the post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22456205&postcount=541
Urk said:
Gui_PT said:
Didn't Brian confirm a megaton for this thursday?
Just one?

So if that's all we have to go off of, and assuming Urk is a filthy redheaded jerk, then there are simply multiple "megatons" being dropped today. Maybe 2, maybe 67.

Sean P.

Expect more information on the Reach branded controller and other surprises as Comic-Con continues. Microsoft has two Halo panels at the show, one tonight with Bungie and another on Sunday covering Halo merchandising tie-ins.

From Kotaku, the megaton is obviously not the consoles.

Back to getting your grandest hopes and wishes fulfilled :p

Striker

GhaleonEB said:
Reminds me a bit of Zanzibar. You can open up the base and drive the Hog straight in! And have enough room to back it out again.
Zanzibar was pretty awesome for 1-CTF and 1-Bomb. The gate was primarily there for guys grabbing the flag and hopping into a getaway Warthog. You could still toss the flag through the gate if need be, trapping the defenders inside until the have to make way through the front doors.

Ramirez said:
Didn't Zanzi start with a Gauss Hog?
Yes.

GhaleonEB

Striker said:
Zanzibar was pretty awesome for 1-CTF and 1-Bomb. The gate was primarily there for guys grabbing the flag and hopping into a getaway Warthog. You could still toss the flag through the gate if need be, trapping the defenders inside until the have to make way through the front doors.
Oh, I know. Zanzibar rocked. I was sort of referring to the E3 2004 demo where Staten warned that if the gate was opened, the enemy can drive the Warthog right into the base. When in reality, that's mana from heaven to the defending team. *chucks grenades*

Edit: I'm still chuckling at all the map remake requests. The big reveal is Forge; you should be hoping we will have the tools to do the remakes ourselves, not that they're baked in. :p

Olivero

C'mon Ascension! It was the best custom games map in H2 with Tower of Power (mindless fun if ever there was any!) Imagine forge 2.0, redoing pathways and such. Also, that symmetrical map from HCE and H2 that had the four bases and open middle... It was a construction site or something.

GhaleonEB said:
Oh, I know. Zanzibar rocked. I was sort of referring to the E3 2004 demo where Staten warned that if the gate was opened, the enemy can drive the Warthog right into the base. When in reality, that's mana from heaven to the defending team. *chucks grenades*

Edit: I'm still chuckling at all the map remake requests. The big reveal is Forge; you should be hoping we will have the tools to do the remakes ourselves, not that they're baked in. :p
I don't think mine is unreasonable. Valhalla could very well be beyond the canyon.

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
I don't think mine is unreasonable. Valhalla could very well be beyond the canyon.

But it's totally unwarranted, as are most remakes, they never live up to the originals, I want Bungie to focus on making new classics.

Trasher

Alienshogun said:
The ones that crawled around on all fours then turned into living needle turrets.

30jmkk9.jpg
5uh8k8.jpg
KILL IT WITH FIRE

Ramirez said:
But it's totally unwarranted, as are most remakes, they never live up to the originals, I want Bungie to focus on making new classics.
This. So tired of remakes tbh.

Top Bottom