• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

midgra.gif

Great work in the OP. Hemorrhage, Pinnacle, and Reflection make me :)

rObit

Banned
Well that was fun. Still hell of an OP. Well done. Eager posters causing thread reset confirms hype level: Maximum.

Chris R

This might be the game that gets me back into the Halo series after jumping out after Halo 2. Hoping there are some killer deals to be had come next week, otherwise I'll just wait for the $40 price point come Black Friday.

Jex

Ah it's finally here! Great work on the OP.

I didn't join GAF in time to get on the Halo 3 launch excitement, I'm glad that I'm around to witness this!

Hixx

Usually huge OPs sadden me but when they're put together like that, they are excellent. Good job to all involved.

Six days!!

feel

GhaleonEB said:
I'm going to crash now, but as always please let me know of any omissions
The gauss hog is missing from the vehicles section.

Not worthy of an |OT| edit though, since its just a hog variation.

Started playing Halo 3 MP a few days ago again to get reach for some Reach MP.

One thing I dont expect to change from H3 to HR...my craptacularness in MP.

:(

Still pumped for Reach!

Blueblur1

HixxSAFC said:
Usually huge OPs sadden me but when they're put together like that, they are excellent. Good job to all involved.

Six days!!
There's so much damn content that a mega OP is necessary. Notice how there's no fluff like enormous screen spanning images and character profiles. ;)

MattPeters said:
Started playing Halo 3 MP a few days ago again to get reach for some Reach MP.

One thing I dont expect to change from H3 to HR...my craptacularness in MP.

:(

Still pumped for Reach!

Well if you play in the arena, hopefully the divisions will work out well enough where you won't feel like you're always getting owned! :D That's my hope at least.

Heretic

Epic thread!

Thank you, Bungie!

It's bitter sweet but one hell of a ride! Can't wait to see what's next for Halo and Bungie respectively!

Jb

Excellent OP :D . Can't believe it's only one week away. I really hope Bungie's last Halo will be the definitive game in the franchise.

von zipp

Fantastic work Ghal.

Seriously, that looks like heaps of time and effort was put in to the OP.

you win 10,000 internets for your troubles!!

seven days...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Jay-B said:
Excellent OP :D . Can't believe it's only one week away. I really hope Bungie's last Halo will be the definitive game in the franchise.

I don't think we need to hope, this game went AAA+A. I wasn't even excited for any Halo games past 2 and then I see what this monster turned into.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
There's a gauss hog in the game, not a big deal worthy of an |OT| edit though.
I thought of that right before posting, but couldn't find a good image of it. I might try to chase it down tomorrow though. Thanks for the reminder.

There's enough to do in Reach that I'm seriously considering a marathon Campaign run on Heroic, just tear through it in day one, so I can go on to sample the wares of the other modes. After PAX, I'm already addicted to Firefight.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
DAT OP

:B

I didn't know skirmishers were a subspecies of Kig-Yar, til' now! Hell, I though they were just super cool jackals.

Hm. I'm not sure I'll be able to play through the campaign in one run without, at the very least, playing a few games of multiplayer. To be extra safe, I'll only play competitive until I'm done with the campaign.

Ugh. There's so much stuff to do. But this will only be a problem for the first couple of days.

Striker said:
There's a snow level for FireFight, so... for FireFight, yes. MP? No, but hopefully for later DLC.

edit

Beaten :(
woohoo! i only need it in singleplayer anyway! it's the biggest reason i'm such a sucker for halo:ce

GhaleonEB

zewone said:
Missing a description of the plasma rifle in the OP.
Yup, and the Spiker, and the machine gun turret and the plasma cannon. I've literally never seen an image with the Plasma Rifle in it, and couldn't find good ones of the others. I'll slip'em in either when they show up, or take my own screens when Reach ships to fill in the armory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom