• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh man, m0dus...now I want a name logo!

Great thread, kudos to all involved.

Very excited for Reach now - I've got the console preorderd, along with the Legendary edition and a Reach wireless headset.

3 mates are coming down to attend the midnight launch, and then back to my abode for a week long LAN. This game is going to be awesome.

Can't wait.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Hahaha, I like Ghaleon written with the shoulder pad as the 'a'.

I missed the first 100 posts of the OT due to sleep? Curse you timezones & work!

1 week left! It's wonderful. Remember the irc chat last year when it was announced? Or when the reveal trailer went live at the VGAs? (sorry again Cocop >_>)

1 week until Noble Team and I kick some Elite ass, and have so much fun trying to do it.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Great OP guys, hats off to Ghal & m0dus as always.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
m0dus said:
And we all remember what happened to that thread.

2zj9eog.png
Stinkle's cat makes me laugh every time.

DrBo42

Dax01 said:
Here's hoping that Bungie has finally been able to put out a better campaign than Halo: CE's. I believe.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment like that. I've thought that way before every release and have been disappointed every release. :lol ODST being the least disappointing.

derFeef

Oh my what a glorious thing to spot in the early morning. Fantastic |OT|
So, and I hope we can put down the differences I had with some HaloGAF members. Would LOVE to play firefight or customs some day. *hugs*

For any UK Halogaffers, Microsoft are doing one of their cringe worthy celeb events in London - hit this link if you're interested. It's a 10 minute walk from my office, so if you win, bring me! :D

I went to the Halo 3 premiere launch at IMAX in Waterloo, they gave out free copies of the game and a t-shirt at the end.

Would be worth it I think! :D

LordAlu

Quality work with the OP. Kudos to Ghaleon and m0dus!

Not long to go now. In honour of this momentus occasion I shall post an image of the Legendary editions we have sat in the stock room at our store...

IMG_0382.jpg

STOP TEASING ME!!

LordAlu

Neverender said:
Do you have a pic with something else to show the scale?
I'm in work this afternoon, i'll make sure to take one with some other items next to it :D You can see the age rating on the box - that is the same size as the age rating on a normal game box.

verbum

Neverender said:
Look at the box below, it has the dimensions in inches.
So roughly 2 feet high, 2 feet wide, by 1 foot deep.

Mik2121

Neverender said:
Check the handle thing at the top and imagine your hand just fits inside there. That's enough to get an idea :p

This thread is the start of something wonderful.

GhaleonEB said:
Yup, and the Spiker...
Even if you find a proper render of the Spiker, don't use it. I want it to remain as that throwaway remark in the OP. Honestly, who give a damn about a Spiker????

LordAlu

HixxSAFC said:
Oh how I regret being poor after seeing that pic. So, so poor :(
You don't have to go into work everyday and see them all stacked there... and being unable to open one, let alone take one home with you. :,(

Shake Appeal said:
This thread is the start of something wonderful.

Even if you find a proper render of the Spiker, don't use it. I want it to remain as that throwaway remark in the OP. Honestly, who give a damn about a Spiker????

I do. Easily one of the best weapons(in terms of design) in the Halo universe. Also, I used it plenty in Halo 3/ODST. Not in multiplayer of course. :lol

Also, if anybody happens to get Legendary early, can you please post dimensions of the statue itself? I seriously think I might need to buy a new shelf, or find somewhere else to put that thing...

Greyvvolf

Seeing that picture of the Legendary Edition makes me glad I pre-ordered it. Can't wait!
I already saw someone in my Cousin's XBL party playing the game. I took a quick look at his profile and he had unlocked at least four achievements.
He had a helmet on his avatar; I think it was Jun's.
He is from Calgary, apparently.

Monocle

Ghaleon: Check your PMs!

m0dus said:
f2io40.png

Here's a big version for you to use if you want it. Sorry, I won't let people miss it. I'm foregoing the usual subtlety with this one.
This is a work of genius, sir. Oonsk even has the little "UNSC" on his forehead!

Thermite

Reach premium theme is up on the Marketplace for download. The artwork in the background is sexy, although I wish it didn't have "Halo: Reach" in the middle..

zumphry

Banned
Great OP, Ghaleon. Awesome artwork, Modus. Love how it feels like Halo 1-type graphics, but Reachified, if that makes any sense.

Reach is going to be super
fucking
awesome

Anyone buy the new theme that just released on the Reach countdown thing on the dashboard? Called Noble Team Premium Theme I believe.

How is it?

Spitz

Thx for that great OT you guys rock. :D

I have holiday till the end of next week and hope that the street date gets broken here in Germany. My Limited Edition from Amazon UK will arrive days after the official release. I will buy a normal copy to start playing and sell it as soon as my limited arrives here.

Thermite said:
Reach premium theme is up on the Marketplace for download. The artwork in the background is sexy, although I wish it didn't have "Halo: Reach" in the middle..
Is this a US exclusive? Can't find it anywhere.

Edit: oh, found it. I thought it was free!

FunkyMunkey said:
Anyone buy the new theme that just released on the Reach countdown thing on the dashboard? Called Noble Team Premium Theme I believe.

How is it?
Look up 3 posts before yours.

Thermite said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom