• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thermite

FunkyMunkey said:
Anyone buy the new theme that just released on the Reach countdown thing on the dashboard? Called Noble Team Premium Theme I believe.

How is it?

It's pretty nice. The main background image is artwork of a sunset with some mountains on the left/right (in the middle Halo: Reach is lettered). The friends section has members of Noble Team mixed in with some Covenant enemies. Game library has a shot of some Warthogs and a Falcon flying over head, and Video Library is a shot of a space craft taking off.

Shake Appeal said:
Is this a US exclusive? Can't find it anywhere.

I'm not sure on the US exclusive part. I found it in the Spotlight section - it was the "tab" right before Dead Rising 2 (mine didn't have an image there yet, don't know if that's on my end or Microsoft's, though).

Edit: Nevermind, you found it. The free theme comes out sometime between the 14th and 19th. http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/DEV_Halo_Reach_Live_Launch.htm

X-Frame

GhaleonEB said:
Thanks a bunch. I was confused for a second when I refreshed though. :lol

Thanks for the art, and for the help.

BTW guys, the thread will be locked at about 20,000 posts, and the second |OT| posted. Then the third, then the...to keep the thread from becoming the database-destroying thing the Halo 3 thread became. So don't get too attached to it.

I'm going to crash now, but as always please let me know of any typos, errors or (gulp) omissions and I'll fix'em up in the morning.

And thanks for the kind words. That took a crazy long time to put together. :)

When that happens are you going to C&P what you have in the OP's into the new ones?

Awesome thread! Probably the best OP I've ever seen ..

gillFTR

Im a huge BTB guy will it be making a return?...I did play the beta and found invasion to be less than mediocre, but enjoyed everything else about the beta.

Feindflug

Great OP Ghaleon! The amount of content and care that Bungie put on this game is amazing! Definitive Halo & GOTY confirmed.

Already have the Reach console and the Legendary Edition pre-ordered. :D

Zomo

My boss is in Thailand on some sort of contiki tour (not sure on spelling) and said that one of the reach designers is on the same tour as her. Thought it was strange. Anyway can't wait to get my new reach console :D

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate GhaleonEB and m0dus on yet another epic Halo OT. You guys practically have it down to a science now.

Less than 1 week to go now, bitches. See you on the other side.

Chinner

Banned
gillFTR said:
Im a huge BTB guy will it be making a return?...I did play the beta and found invasion to be less than mediocre, but enjoyed everything else about the beta.
yes btb is returning brother.

gillFTR said:
BTB will be there. Edit: Beaten by the chi.. duck.

Gui_PT said:
Did anyone make a thread in the Online Forum already? I just got two FR out of nowhere.
*checks* Nope, no online thread yet.

Jex

gillFTR said:
But the fun of invasion was how breakable it was. Like sitting the tank over the core so that even when the tank is destroyed the core remains inaccessible for at least thirty seconds.

Great times...

Toddler

Great job guys. Modus is a pimp.

I tried to extract the images for the weapons and vehicles from the renders like he did, and it was a hot mess :lol

gillFTR

Jexhius said:
But the fun of invasion was how breakable it was. Like sitting the tank over the core so that even when the tank is destroyed the core remains inaccessible for at least thirty seconds.

Great times...

I don't know why but it just didn't click for me...maybe it was just the map I honestly thought it was too big and or the map itself was better suited for more players than just the 14(or was it 12) for beta?? 16 players might change the feel a bit.

Gui_PT said:
Yeah, thanks. I checked but I could've missed it.
*nods* The H3 Customs thread is there, so perhaps from that?

IrishGAF, more details about that Vs 'Celebrities' Launch Event are up.
'Celebrity Team' - Rugby star Jamie Heaslip, RTÉ presenter Baz Ashmawy, and 98FM DJ Steven Cooper and a mystery guest
The prize? A copy of Halo: Reach and a Special Edition Halo: Reach Console!
The event takes place in Dublin City Centre on the Tuesday evening at 8pm.

I wouldn't normally consider it, but a Reach Console would be pretty nice.

Don't have time right now to read the OT, but just by the looks of it I can tell you put a lot of work into this, Ghaleon. Very good job to you and m0dus. :D

Hype +117 for Reach!!!!

S1kkZ

i could get the limited edition for 120 bucks on friday, or i wait until next thursday and get the legendary for 125 bucks from amazon.

what to do...

-Mikey-

Wow, noble 6 codes just went up on halo waypoint twitter. Wasn't even up 10 seconds before the code I ctrl+c / ctrl +v put in had already been redeemed. Fuck.

Guess I'll look up that new Reach theme.

Sordid

Unless something goes horribly wrong with my delivery I'll be playing Reach on a new Reach 360s this time next week \o/ it's snuck up on me pretty fast! I won't get to play it much with my daughter only 3 weeks old but I can't wait to finish the campaign and sample firefight :D

I'll hopefully be able to get in on some Halogaf games in future though :*)

Edit: The theme is here if anyone is having trouble finding it, I couldn't see it anywhere on the UK dashboard!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Very impressive OT, Ghal. Getting pumped for the game. I'm broke as shit, but i'm still getting the giantbox edition. I have problems, I know.

droppedbear

Neo Member
Thanks for putting together the OT Ghal, Modus and any others. Looking forward to Reach now that it's only 6 days, 3hrs and 6 minutes away in Australia, only problem is a big week of university assignments next week. To play Reach or do Uni....

Mik2121

Woo, I just got the Reach theme, but yeah, the huge HALO REACH logo at the top is, uhm, huge. Otherwise it looks very nice.

Too bad the NXE covers half of the screen with the worthless dark grayed bottom... :/

BTW I got it from the Japanese Store, so if this one has the theme, I'd guess all the stores do. But it wasn't featured anywhere, I had to go to THEMES and look by recently added. It was, obviously, the most recent one.

Thermite said:
It's pretty nice. The main background image is artwork of a sunset with some mountains on the left/right (in the middle Halo: Reach is lettered). The friends section has members of Noble Team mixed in with some Covenant enemies. Game library has a shot of some Warthogs and a Falcon flying over head, and Video Library is a shot of a space craft taking off.

Great :D, thank you. I hate the logo stuff, but it sounds good still.

kamkor

Neo Member
There's a review in polish magazine neo plus. Description and score in spoiler tag:

Some highlights:

* Best halo story yet.
* Story telling with team of spartans works better than with one Master Chief.
* Cut scenes style similar to modern warfare.
* Variety of gameplay is huge. Expect epic moments.
* Best AI.
* Not the best xbox 360 graphics, but they are much improved from Halo 3. Every element has been improved. Also you have to remember about the scale of locations and number of enemies.
* Soundtrack is awesome like always with Halo.
* There's no other shooter with so many features.
* Emotional game.

Score:
+ single, multi, forge, firefight, coop, theatre, ai, sound...
- after all, graphics could be better.

Overall score: 10/10.

Individual score:
Graphics: 8/10
Sound: 10/10
"Joy"/fun/gameplay: 10/10
Design: 10/10

And side score from another person in the same magazine, who also praises the game: 9/10.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Amazing OP Ghal, As always! Keep up the good work!

LordAlu

Just when I thought the teasing couldn't get any worse with all the Legendary Editions sat here, the Limited Edition has starting arriving too!! Noooooooooo!

I'll pop a pic or two up when I get home. The Limited Edition is some of the shiniest packaging I've ever seen (and by shiny I mean it's almost mirror like) :)

Prine

Banned
Modus and Ghaleon, thank you for all the effort. I was confused with all the additions included in this game, this thread sorted this out. Small and focused chunks of text, clearly marked and grouped. Bungie should get you guys to do their Instruction manuals.

IT HAS BEGUN!

Gui_PT

Chinner said:
so whats the first thing you guys gonna do when you get reach?

First I'm going to make my emblem. And then I'm going to look for the Frankie marine. It's the one they spent most polygons on.

Edit: Heroic solo run first. 4 player co-op on Legendary after that. And then some Firefight.

Broman1978

Chinner said:

First I´m gonna play thru the Campaign on Heroic then Legendary with some friends! After that...It´s all Multiplayer baby :D

Damn that's a nice OP, I learned a few things from it already. Appreciate all the forthcoming updates you'll be doing as well. :lol

Chinner said:

firefight matchmaking. I need to experience this first thing.

S1kkZ

Chinner said:
install the game, create my spartan (i hope that some parts are unlocked from the start), play campaign on heroic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom