• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorback

Palette Swap said:
a) you're doing it wrong. It's hard, not broken. Check the official FAQ on bungie's site.
b) that meme really sucks and needs to die.

I'm doing it wrong because I should have known that falling with forward momentum will break the terminal velocity?

If I'm falling from 60 meters high on top of an elite and performing the assassination correctly and I don't get the achievement, then thats called broken.

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
Bungie Employee, JonnyOThan has come up with a Forge Required Objects Guide.

It needs to be sticked, I found it pretty helpful.
Thanks, that's quite useful. I've added it to the Forge section of the OP.

I've just wrapped up my first pass of updating and trimming the OP, with more links to the primary sources now that b.net is updating with more content and guides. This is the kid of stuff I'm hoping to populate it with over time, condensing my descriptions to links to guides that need to be referenced as time goes on.

GhaleonEB said:
Thanks, that's quite useful. I've added it to the Forge section of the OP.

I've just wrapped up my first pass of updating and trimming the OP, with more links to the primary sources now that b.net is updating with more content and guides. This is the kid of stuff I'm hoping to populate it with over time, condensing my descriptions to links to guides that need to be referenced as time goes on.
You're doing a great job.

I think Ninja On Fire probably hasn't done much yet in terms of the launch stuff. I feel like maybe give him some time, but yes Snipers n SWAT needs its own playlist. Slayer should only be either Slayer Pro or Slayer.

DD-11

Kibbles said:
Really nice looking Warlock Remake. It's much easier on the eyes than other remakes I've seen. Most others are good layout wise, but look really bland and displeasing to the eye.

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/reach-competitive-maps/105153-warlock-remake.html

There's also an interesting take on Damnation, using the water as the killzone instead of a giant drop. http://www.forgehub.com/forum/reach-competitive-maps/105146-damnation-remake.html

It does look nice. But where are my Deck 16 or Longest remakes?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
How long does it take for Amazon to get your Render minutes to you? I'm rendering a bad ass tank "inconceivable" run.

Edit: Nevermind it's rendering. I'll post when it's complete.

Najaf

Do the shoulder pads, belts, and other armor add ons expand your hit box? I see people rocking these giant shoulder pads and putting visors on their domes, but it just seems silly to give people something bigger to shoot at...especially for headshots.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Najaf said:
Do the shoulder pads, belts, and other armor add ons expand your hit box? I see people rocking these giant shoulder pads and putting visors on their domes, but it just seems silly to give people something bigger to shoot at...especially for headshots.

Hotbox does not change.

Brannon

TheApatheticOne said:
Agree with the whole voting system needs to be.... something. As it stands right now, its slayer, team slayer or some variant of slayer. If anything deathmatch (pro) is pitted against any other really fun gametype, that gametype has no chance as everyone just wants to kill, kill, kill. It took all of 3 games on Tuesday to notice this was going to be the norm (until hopefully it thins out a bit).

I have an idea; there should be a playlist that weeds out the 3-5 most popular gametypes, called "The Road Less Traveled". This way the vanilla joes can get their TDM, and the rest of us can get the less used, more zany stuff.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm finally getting Reach tomorrow. Hopefully I can find some GAF bros for Heroic co-op, but I can do solo if I have to.

JaggedSac

This might have been answered already, but does the Reach lobby system respect the online status preference set on the dash. So if I set to appear offline, will I not show up in Reach's lobby system for my friends?

Mik2121

DD-11 said:
It does look nice. But where are my Deck 16 or Longest remakes?
Longest Yard?

I'm almost done with that one :)

I will probably finish today.

It's not a 100% straight remake though. I'm making it larger and changing some parts to make it more Halo friendly.

In fact.. I want someone to playtest it right now so if anyone feels like coming by, add me - M1k2121 (ps. I don't have mic! so just send me a message or post your comments here after you check the map out)

ShinAmano

JaggedSac said:
This might have been answered already, but does the Reach lobby system respect the online status preference set on the dash. So if I set to appear offline, will I not show up in Reach's lobby system for my friends?
Yes.

Blackface

Banned
So I beat the game on Heroic, got the achiev and everything. However, I didn't get the "challenge" from Bungie complete. It says 8/9. Anyone know wtf is wrong with it, and how i see what I am missing?

Kuroyume said:
Because it wasn't popular in Halo 3 and Bungie doesn't want to have the problem like in Halo 3 where there were way too many playlists.

Yeah, I hate choice too.

EDIT - decided that if your entire team leaves a game and you're the last person you should be exempt from punishment if you quit also. If that's not already in the game anyway.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
zero margin said:
It's not that difficult and I'm a painfully average player.

I don't mean difficulty wise, I was able to do Heroic solo in Halo 3 but it would probably be more enjoyable with other people.

cwmartin said:
So, how can I play with a guest in matchmaking?
Log them on as a guest and enter any matchmaking playlist except the Arena.

Kuroyume said:
Because it wasn't popular in Halo 3 and Bungie doesn't want to have the problem like in Halo 3 where there were way too many playlists.
ManCannon said a few pages back that there will be Rocket Race in matchmaking.

Snuggler said:
I don't mean difficulty wise, I was able to do Heroic solo in Halo 3 but it would probably be more enjoyable with other people.

Oh. I can't agree, first time I want to hear what's going in the game not talk to people. But that's me.

cwmartin

The Lamonster said:
Log them on as a guest and enter any matchmaking playlist except the Arena.

Seems pretty logical, but when I tried that last night it gave me an error and said I needed to log in with a Valid xbox live account. Will test when I get home though! Thanks

After testing out the pro pipe in a custom game, the grenade bounced of my friend once, but then it impacted him every single time I fired it at him. It's really strange. Maybe it's lag?

soldat7

Brandon F said:
The shortage of mp maps is baffling to me. Especially since half are remakes, but one of the new ones is si awful(one with the steampipes and tight corridors). On the other hand the slightly open one in the city is amazing.

But wow, so few official choices. It's really surprising. In 3 years will the map count finally feel normalized with dlc?

A couple of problems:

a) DVD disk size
b) Microsoft

soldat7

ultron87 said:
Also no radar. Which sucks.

Fixed

TheApatheticOne said:
Agree with the whole voting system needs to be.... something. As it stands right now, its slayer, team slayer or some variant of slayer. If anything deathmatch (pro) is pitted against any other really fun gametype, that gametype has no chance as everyone just wants to kill, kill, kill. It took all of 3 games on Tuesday to notice this was going to be the norm (until hopefully it thins out a bit).

This has been a problem with Halo for a very long time.

Merguson

Banned
Okay, who wants a 48 hour code? First person to quote me gets it. I should remind the one who gets the code that this upcoming weekend, silver members will be able to play Halo Reach online from the 17th to the 19th. So save the code for after.

Merguson said:
Okay, who wants a 48 hour code? First person to quote me gets it. I should remind the one who gets the code that this upcoming weekend, silver members will be able to play Halo Reach online from the 17th to the 19th. So save the code for after.

Yo! I've been in need of a 48-hour code for awhile. I'd appreciate it.

ChEEdLe

Neo Member
Whats up Gaf!
Long time lurker finally approved for posting, figured I'd post here and say Hi. A few of you might know me as Laszlos RL friend from custom games. It's great to finally post!!

add me for some Reach GT iChEEdLe

MMaRsu

Banned
Fallout-NL said:
All these options and I can't adjust audio levels...

Complained about this earlier in the thread. Fucking ridiculous. Apparently Marty doesn't want you fiddling with his perfect audio options :lol

gillFTR

Is it just me or is paradiso broken I havent won a game where we didnt have our spawn closest to the big hill...the side with the big hill kinda to its left gets gimped because the other spawn has easy access on btb.

Gui_PT

Regarding the If They Came To Hear Me Beg achievement, I'm just going to rename it to: Get a Jetpack and Position Yourself on Top of Some Random Elite

You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom