• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey You

Skel said:
Woot just finished the 4 daily challenges for today, that was hella fun.

Quick question, how do I get my nameplate in the game to have the Halo 3 or Reach icon? I've seen people with these various icons, including helmets and the Halo 2 icon, and heard them talking about it on the GiantBomb cast, but cannot figure out how to add it on the Bungie site.

Thanks if you know.
http://www.bungie.net/Account/nameplates.aspx

Plywood said:
I have a 4 gb 360 Slim and I can't play firefight matchmaking, because it says I need a hard-drive and the 4gb is considered a memory unit. Any chance a solution will come up from Bungie? Also I can't use the file browser, again because of no hard-drive so I can't upload or recommend anything. :/

You need to buy a hard drive and install the game to use those features. 4 GB aint enough space.

I still don't haven't found out why my propipe grenades are bouncing off people. Hm. I guess I'll fool around in some customs and see what I can come up with.

Alucrid

Banned
Dax01 said:
I still don't haven't found out why my propipe grenades are bouncing off people. Hm. I guess I'll fool around in some customs and see what I can come up with.

Don't hold the trigger and they'll explode on impact.

Najaf

Any forge tutorials out there yet? I have questions:

Can you copy an object by selecting it?
Can you spawn objects so they are on the same level and at the same angle as the one you just placed?
Can you select a group of objects and move it as a whole?
Can you copy and paste that group of objects? (to make a symmetrical base etc?)

Thanks.

Mik2121

Najaf said:
Any forge tutorials out there yet? I have questions:

Can you copy an object by selecting it?
Can you spawn objects so they are on the same level as the one you just placed?
Can you select a group of objects and move it as a whole?
Can you copy and paste that group of objects? (to make a symmetrical base etc?)

Thanks.
I believe the answer is NO to all of those (... :( ...), hopefully Bungie gets around it sometime with a patch or something, to help us forgers... :/

The one I feel like it's the more needed is the "flip" (mirror, or make symmetrical) option. That, and select a group of objects and copy&paste it.

MMaRsu

Banned
How the fuck do you make a level editor without a copy paste option :lol

Seriously Bungie, that's just level editing 101.

Also not being able to group items and copy them :lol .

Come on, how can you miss those features.

Najaf

Mik2121 said:
I believe the answer is NO to all of those (... :( ...), hopefully Bungie gets around it sometime with a patch or something, to help us forgers... :/

The one I feel like it's the more needed is the "flip" (mirror, or make symmetrical) option. That, and select a group of objects and copy&paste it.

Yeah. The flexibility is there, but some key tools are missing. I got spoiled with the trials HD editor. So simple and user friendly, but also so capable.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Skel said:
Woot just finished the 4 daily challenges for today, that was hella fun.

Quick question, how do I get my nameplate in the game to have the Halo 3 or Reach icon? I've seen people with these various icons, including helmets and the Halo 2 icon, and heard them talking about it on the GiantBomb cast, but cannot figure out how to add it on the Bungie site.

Thanks if you know.

IIRC, you change all that in your profile on the bungie site. I picked Halo 2 for mine.

aesop said:
Seriously. Played against a group of very obvious COD veterans last night who would only melée after sprinting directly at you. Was pretty funny to see.

They were probably going for that daily challenge that involved getting 7 beatdowns in one match. I was doing that sprint beatdown thing one match for that reason ;P Worked well on The Cage and I actually got a spree off of it which is pretty sad.

WJD

So... As was explained earlier, Revenent + Passenger with plasma pistol = awesome.

35ivsrq.jpg

2crn4wl.jpg

2uz8207.jpg

imtmqo.jpg

2its9hu.jpg

Also, if you have a nerfle handy...

33mo7zd.jpg

kevnmc.jpg

Once again, I love this game.

I'm not a complainer by any means, but Slayer Pro, SWAT and Snipers needs to be removed from Team Slayer and BTB (Slayer Pro isn't in BTB, I don't think though) asap.

OMG the AI is terrible! Its so frustrating because certain parts are like dependent on them, like vehicle parts. You kinda just have to figure a different way out to beat the levels. Really frustrating.

Legendary solo is pretty challenging I like it so far.

KiKaL

Dax01 said:
I'm not a complainer by any means, but Slayer Pro, SWAT and Snipers needs to be removed from Team Slayer and BTB (Slayer Pro isn't in BTB, I don't think though) asap.

I'm okay with everything except for Snipers...might as well be called campers. I can't stand snipers. It's so boring.

Razorback

OH GOD, "if they came to hear me beg" achievement is BROKEN!!

I've done it 20+ times and it doesn't register. I'm trying to kill the elite at the start of mission 9. I know about releasing the sprint right after jumping! It still won't register!

I'm so mad a bungie!!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Vigilant Walrus said:
You need to buy a hard drive and install the game to use those features. 4 GB aint enough space.
That kinda sucks. :/

Oh well, I'll get around to buying a 120gb hd eventually. :X

Chorazin

Nice, Amazon just shipped out my LE of the strategy guide. Looking forward to all that artwork and such.

I wonder which Spartan I get? I hope Jorge...

Calm down guys, we all know full and well that SWAT and Snipers will each have their own game type. One, because they did it the past two games and two, they are very popular but somewhat niche so they warrant their own gametype. Just give them a little time.

On another note, it's too bad their wasn't an achievement for the datapads. I also agree with Ghal that it would have been nice to have them stored for later reads and some form of displaying which pads you've already found. I am very pleased they are there at least, not only for story, but because I was hoping there would be something resembling the hidden skulls in 3.

Magni

Advance_Alarm said:
Why do people vote for slayer 'pro' in normal team slayer playlist? That's the shittiest gametype possible (no AA's, no power weapons, no AR secondary???)

Because it's the greatest gametype. No AL, no radar, and DMR/Pistol start :D

Magni

Major Williams said:
Halo Reach's playlists launch day.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/erikeoleson/1284123168_big-train-simon-peg-vs-kid-on-bike.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey, at least they didn't forget to include Team Slayer this time :lol [spoiler]wasn't on XBL yet in Nov'04 but reading the Bnet posts from that time was funny :lol[/spoiler]

MagniHarvald said:
Because it's the greatest gametype. No AL, no radar, and DMR/Pistol start :D

I guess if you like that.. but it doesn't feel like halo.. Ping ping DEAD..

once they put it in its own playlist everyone will be happy.

Mooreberg

Team Headhunter is excellent. Accounts for the fact that a lot people just want to run around and shoot people, but adds a tactical element for the people actually paying attention.

Razorback PT said:
OH GOD, "if they came to hear me beg" achievement is BROKEN!!

I've done it 20+ times and it doesn't register. I'm trying to kill the elite at the start of mission 9. I know about releasing the sprint right after jumping! It still won't register!

I'm so mad a bungie!!
a) you're doing it wrong. It's hard, not broken. Check the official FAQ on bungie's site.
b) that meme really sucks and needs to die.

Magni

JetBlackPanda said:
I guess if you like that.. but it doesn't feel like halo.. Ping ping DEAD..

once they put it in its own playlist everyone will be happy.

Feels like Slayer Pro from the Halo 1/Halo 2 days, something that was sorely missed in Halo 3 (at least we had MLG Slayer).

Sai-kun

Banned
Palette Swap said:
b) that meme really sucks and needs to die.
2h8cw3s.jpg

:D

Listening through the OST. Fucking wow. :D Why aren't there sliders for the audio so I could turn it waaaayyyyy up? I don't even remember hearing half this stuff. It's fucking gold.

Alucrid

Banned
This is stupid. I get booted from a rocketfight game because a teammate runs into a group of enemies after I fired two rockets into them from a mile away. Then I get booted. Some dude throws a plasma grenade on me and the option doesn't come up. wtf.

Kuroyume

Banned
How do you unlock the Security helmet?

Also, anyone have a spare belt code?

Currently on the level after the space level on Legendary... Holy crap this game can be hard at times. :lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The shortage of mp maps is baffling to me. Especially since half are remakes, but one of the new ones is si awful(one with the steampipes and tight corridors). On the other hand the slightly open one in the city is amazing.

But wow, so few official choices. It's really surprising. In 3 years will the map count finally feel normalized with dlc?

Kuroyume said:
Also, anyone have a spare belt code?

This reminds me, the Gamestop I pre-ordered at months and months ago didn't have enough codes to put it on my receipt, the guy said to come back in a few weeks and he can give everyone that didn't get on on the receipt one.

WTF gamestop

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
pj said:
What is funny about what I said? I've completed halos 1 2 and 3 on every difficulty, co-op and solo, a total of at least 30 times. The AI, especially the friendly AI driving, is much worse than it used to be. I don't know what happened there because it was pretty good in halo 3.

What's annoying about the driving is how long it takes an A.I buddy to get in the truck! soo many deaths :/

Sai-kun

Banned
JetBlackPanda said:
This reminds me, the Gamestop I pre-ordered at months and months ago didn't have enough codes to put it on my receipt, the guy said to come back in a few weeks and he can give everyone that didn't get on on the receipt one..

WTF gamestop

They're printed on the receipt. For some reason it wasn't printing at midnight. Just call them up and ask. I got mine about 20 minutes after midnight, when it started working

MMaRsu

Banned
So why exactly is there no rumble pit like mode for Arena? Why only doubles?

If your teammate is shit you're shit out of luck?

Brandon F said:
The shortage of mp maps is baffling to me. Especially since half are remakes, but one of the new ones is si awful(one with the steampipes and tight corridors). On the other hand the slightly open one in the city is amazing.

But wow, so few official choices. It's really surprising. In 3 years will the map count finally feel normalized with dlc?

Yup really shitty. I'm quite pissed and dissapointed Bungie thought only 5 really new maps would be good enough. For 4v4 etc I mean. Not talking about the BTB/Invasion maps.

Forge maps are pretty shitty, and I needs me some textures man. Some unique locations.. couldn't have used more from the campaign? 3 MAX forge maps would have been so much better..

Oh well, let's just hope they release some maps for a good price ( 400 pts ) or something. I really do like Reflection though.

Dirtbag said:
I can't wait till everyone moves back to COD so people dont continue to vote for swat and snipers.
Yes, I'm looking forward to this too! Right now MP is filled with every '360 dude bro on the planet. COD & MOH will thin them out for sure.

Also, I need my Rocket Race play list! I ran a custom game the other night, with 10 friends, where we played "Rally" on Hemorage. Damn, that was so much fun. But having rockets would have made it sooo much better!

Yeah, I know I could create my own Rocket Race in FW. But I'm not super creative like that.

So easy to get rolled on invasion slayer, my last game the first 3 capture points were right next to the spartan base, by the time the 4th one popped they all had power weapons and it. was. fucking. over.

EDIT - in other news, team snipers barely has gotten any votes so far today that I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom