• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Should be good, epic really should of announced number 4 first.

Comma's are great!

Are you really going after somebody for his grammar?

I like H4 chief do not see what any of the problems are people have with it.

Torso is different but not a bad different and the helmet looks fine, the only real change is the mouth area and that no better or worse its just different.

Each to their own but alot of people jumping on 343 for various things (like chiefs new look for instance) and honestly they have had no room to prove themselves, if they do a bad job ill call them out on it but so far i think they have do alot for halo.

Even if some (myself included) don't appreciate every change they made the fact they did something while bungie to a degree just sat back, is worth taking note of. They didnt have to do any of the reach update stuff at all CE:A could of shipped just bundled with the halo reach multiplayer but they decided to try and improve upon the flawed formula of reach which im glad for.

The Studio has talent in abundance hopefully the team will gel well and Halo 4 will return Halo to at least some of its former glory.

Where were your motocross biker comments for past games? All of the helmets have some resemblance to a bike helmet.

The last thing that would've come to mind when I saw the Mark VI was "biker helmet."

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
i wonder if the Chief will have the typical Call of Duty/every other shooter known to man these days pose for Halo 4's boxart.
Heh, hope not.

I'm still hoping for a Metroid feel for the game. Super isolated, solitary, creepy. I want the box art to convey that Chief is on some crazy ass alien planet and has no idea what's going on, while also conveying the typical MC tough guy confidence. A balance between danger/mystery/vulnerability and strength/confidence.

My favorite Halo cover so far is Halo 3. Replace the AR with a BR and it woulda been perfect.

They should just get Sparth to make the Halo 4 box art.

For the Limited/Legendary edition, at least.
YES.

TheOddOne

They should just get Sparth to make the Halo 4 box art.

For the Limited/Legendary edition, at least.
Sparth is looking at this post going:

tumblr_lsasanuQ6N1qbs7vs.gif

"The things I know! Now back to work to create awesome art."

Troll
face.jpg

I want to be fucking blown away by Halo 4 campaign graphics akin to the first time I saw Gears 5 years ago.

Also, errbody should be excited about the update tonight detailing Evades ignominious dismissal from all gametypes bar Invasion. It's gunna be a good one folks!

I think we would all love that, and I'm sure the game will look very good, but I doubt it's going to blow anyone's socks off visually. The Xbox is in its seventh year, games will continue to look marginally better, but I don't think there is the ability in the hardware for a game to look so much better than whats out there right now. I hope I'm wrong of course.

But...you don't play Reach...

Also, I'm pretty upset that I missed an achievement GAF session yesterday. Who still doesn't have the new Defiant and Anniversary achievements that wants to get a lobby together for them?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Also, Plywood, you remind me way too much of Robb Stark.
*shrug* Someone in the RPJ thread said I look like Jon Snow as well.
Did your -25 guy not play?
HEY GUYS, I'm sick of randoms. Be my friend. My gamertag = popular revolt.

Ouch, and it ended in a tie. I would've been so pissed.
At first I thought we won, by one point but when the game was over I saw we tied.
But...you don't play Reach...
dun dun dun
Haha, I just noticed those tags, when did they come in? Also did it help?

Heh, no biggie. Add me and we can be dong brothers.

I may also start adding HaloGAFers at random. Keep your eyes peeled, kids.

Ohh nvm your still on my FR.

I wont be on halo for a few days, Barrow Roll Said i should play (and post on HaloGAF) about skyrim more one im done ill be on halo

I wouldn't say I collect them, but I do have four. Two I got in my Bag O' Swag though.

Which ones?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
*shrug* Someone in the RPJ thread said I look like Jon Snow as well.

Did your -25 guy not play?

At first I thought we won, by one point but when the game was over I saw we tied.

dun dun dun

Haha, I just noticed those tags, when did they come in? Also did it help?
Yea lol

Yeah, now they put up new "standards" for test too and I'm the lucky one's of the last year to endure the new rules. Thanks new administration.

You're in the Netherlands, right? Sounds shitty.

Oh well, at least the 7 exams I've got are only a fraction of the material I had to study in university last year.

Tunavi

Banned
The world would be a better place if everyone just stfu about Skyrim for a week. God damn, I don't even have anything against the game itself but this overexposure is making me hate it so much.

And god damn, people need to at least acknowledge how fucking terrible Bethesda is amidst all the circle jerking. It pains me to see people on my FB friend list who I know are playing on the PS3 version giving it such overwhelming praise completely oblivious to how broken it is. Today on the bus I hear some kid telling his friend that the PS3 version of Skyrim is better than PC. Thankfully his friend called him an idiot but Jesus I can't escape it anywhere. You'd think it was a fucking Call of Duty game or something with the whole god damn world talking about it.

I mean seriously, I never heard ANYBODY talk about Oblivion when that came out, when did the planet suddenly become so enamoured with TES?

/ragerant

TheOddOne

You're in the Netherlands, right? Sounds shitty.

Oh well, at least the 7 exams I've got are only a fraction of the material I had to study in university last year.
Yeah, the school call itself one of the better more progressive schools to the outside but inside bureaucracy is high. Even teacher complain, the management doesn't listen and brushes most concerns to the side.

Just got word that 3 teachers left the school at the end of 2012. I knew one, who was really stern but fair guy. I visited all his classes too, which is a record for me.

Sparth is looking at this post going:

"The things I know! Now back to work to create awesome art."
You sure he's not going "That dog has a puffy tail!"

Am i the only HaloGAF'er sad enough to collect the mcfarlane figures?
You're not a lone but I don't get any Spartan variants. Only Noble Team (not those godawful helmetless versions though) and Covenant figures. Tried to go Red and Blue Spartans during the Halo 3 line but I kept getting screwed by exclusives and terrible distribution so I gave up. I'm kinda just habitually getting them now, don't really enjoy em that much. :/

I wont be on halo for a few days, Barrow Roll Said i should play (and post on HaloGAF) about skyrim more one im done ill be on halo

The world would be a better place if everyone just stfu about Skyrim for a week. God damn, I don't even have anything against the game itself but this overexposure is making me hate it so much.

And god damn, people need to at least acknowledge how fucking terrible Bethesda is amidst all the circle jerking. It pains me to see people on my FB friend list who I know are playing on the PS3 version giving it such overwhelming praise completely oblivious to how broken it is. Today on the bus I hear some kid telling his friend that the PS3 version of Skyrim is better than PC. Thankfully his friend called him an idiot but Jesus I can't escape it anywhere. You'd think it was a fucking Call of Duty game or something with the whole god damn world talking about it.

I mean seriously, I never heard ANYBODY talk about Oblivion when that came out, when did the planet suddenly become so enamoured with TES?

/ragerant
You bastards. What happens in HaloGAF Facebook should stay in HaloGAF Facebook.

My problem is Bethesda almost seems to have made that game intentionally addictive. Last weekend I played almost 25 hours in 3 days. Then last night I hopped on for an hour before bed and I went 3 hours overboard and didn't sleep til 5am.

I think noone talked about Oblivion because it was just more of the same. The additions of Fallout 3's Engine to the Oblivion engine plus Skyrims perfections that were added make it a lot better. No longer do I click the wrong door that happens to be locked because its some random time a store is closed and then I get a citys worth of guards attempting to kill me. A lot of shit got ironed out since DaggerFall and its really getting to where you can just play and play and not hit any huge bugs unless you are stretching the engine in some way. This is unprecedented for Bethesda.

Also I think many of the systems are dumbed down to a level casuals can really grasp yet there is so many systems in the game that its also still a complex and in depth game for the RPG nerds to love.

Kind of game makes me wish I was unemployed and had a good month solid at it.

My problem is Bethesda almost seems to have made that game intentionally addictive. Last weekend I played almost 25 hours in 3 days. Then last night I hopped on for an hour before bed and I went 3 hours overboard and didn't sleep til 5am.

I think noone talked about Oblivion because it was just more of the same. The additions of Fallout 3's Engine to the Oblivion engine plus Skyrims perfections that were added make it a lot better. No longer do I click the wrong door that happens to be locked because its some random time a store is closed and then I get a citys worth of guards attempting to kill me. A lot of shit got ironed out since DaggerFall and its really getting to where you can just play and play and not hit any huge bugs unless you are stretching the engine in some way. This is unprecedented for Bethesda.

Also I think many of the systems are dumbed down to a level casuals can really grasp yet there is so many systems in the game that its also still a complex and in depth game for the RPG nerds to love.

Kind of game makes me wish I was unemployed and had a good month solid at it.
I just want to make it clear that I have nothing against the game itself. People just need to find something else to talk about or stop trying to reference it all the damn time. Just now I scrolled down my FB newsfeed and see this.

some knob on my facebook said:
Just watched 2 season of the Avatar cartoon and I realized...that uncle must be dragonborn, he uses three different Thu'ums in the series.
Like come the fuck on.

I'm sure it bothers me a lot more than others because I work in a comic shop so being around nerds and geeks is what I do so I can't escape this nonsense anywhere. I know what threads to stay out of on GAF but it's invaded every part of social life too. Driving me nuts is all.

You're not a lone but I don't get any Spartan variants. Only Noble Team (not those godawful helmetless versions though) and Covenant figures. Tried to go Red and Blue Spartans during the Halo 3 line but I kept getting screwed by exclusives and terrible distribution so I gave up. I'm kinda just habitually getting them now, don't really enjoy em that much. :/

I dont get the spartan variants either. Currently got.

Sgt Forge
Sgt Buck
Sgt Johnson
Noble 6
Halo 2 Chief
Halo Wars Red Team Leader.
ODST Bullfrog
Emile
Jorge
Dutch.
Warthog

I started because i wanted a set of noble team + chief but Mcfarlane decided to screw about with the scales when making the reach line and now my chief is about an inch shorter than noble 6 :/

I hear the anniversary series 1 range has a correctly scaled chief and ill probably pick it up.

I went and made a list of the remaining figures i want the other day and its around 40-50 including the brute and elite variants i want for a covenant display to match my UNSC display.

Im also thinking of picking up all the unhelmeted noble team along side the helmeted version to create a variant similar to the image below.

5917698812_0683e04592_z.jpg

/nerd talk over.

Top Bottom