• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halt And Catch Fire S3 |OT| Great Minds Don't Always Think Alike - Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings:

Season 1:

Episode 1: 1.19 million
Episode 2: 970K
Episode 3: 765K
Episode 4: 844K
Episode 5: 575K
Episode 6: 717K
Episode 7: ??
Episode 8: 627K
Episode 9: 549K
Episode 10: 574K

Season 2:

Episode 1: 659K
Episode 2: 494K
Episode 3: 452K
Episode 4: 451K
Episode 5: 543K
Episode 6: 558K
Episode 7: 499K
Episode 8: 497K
Episode 9: 588K
Episode 10: 485K

Season 3:

Episodes 1 & 2: 339K

(the sneak preview of the first episode of the season 3 premiere that AMC tried to trick Fear the Walking Dead fans into watching on Sunday netted 367K viewers)
wow.

wow.

That's WITH a TWD bump!? It's the inferior TWD but still.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Why did they move the show off Sundays, is Fear the Walking Dead doing really well? I think that is a big reason we are seeing the drop off. I will likely never be able to watch a show during its slotted time during the week. Watching last nights episode hopefully tonight.

I think they figured that getting it away from the super crowded night would allow it to maybe find a bigger audience. There aren't really any notable shows airing on Tuesdays right now, while practically everything is airing on Sundays, so it wasn't a band plan. Plus, as we've seen, it's not like Fear the Walking Dead gave it any noticeable boost.

wow.

wow.

That's WITH a TWD bump!? It's the inferior TWD but still.

To be fair, they announced the sneak preview, like, the day of and most people didn't even know it was a thing.

The real tragedy of this show is Joe.

He truly changed in s2, but because every other main character was an ass to him, he reverted.

Basically, the good guys were the bad guys in s2.

In the second episode, I loved how Gordon
slipped Cameron that $20, in a cool power move, like "I know what you did , I got you." But not making an issue in the moment, saving it for later.

I was so pissed during that
dinner scene with the investors. It took me a little to get what they were insinuating, just like Donna and Cameron. Fuck those guys!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The real tragedy of this show is Joe.

He truly changed in s2, but because every other main character was an ass to him, he reverted.

Basically, the good guys were the bad guys in s2.

Definitely tragic, love life and career. Seeing what he's capable of, sorta like poking a bear.

Erevador

Honestly, its a miracle this show got three seasons, genuinely very grateful to AMC for supporting the show this far. Hope the season has a good ending.

Wonder how well it's doing on Netflix? If ever there was a show with cord cutter digital types as its chosen demographic, this is it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watching the premiere now. Gordon talking about Joe like he's the Boogie Man. Haha

KodaRuss

I was honestly kinda bored with these first two episodes. Needs more Joe I guess. Where is Cameron's genius/vision and the coders all continue to be stupid and not funny.

Sandfox

I was honestly kinda bored with these first two episodes. Needs more Joe I guess. Where is Cameron's genius/vision and the coders all continue to be stupid and not funny.

I like how Joe is doing security while Cameron is basically getting into things that are now illegal.

Also, I always saw Joe as the visionary, while Cameron just wants to make money doing what she likes rather than being an innovator.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Alright, finished with both episodes. Very slow start to the season. I'm not sure if they're trying to build up a conflict between Gordon and Cameron but it all feels very small potatoes at the moment. Giving her the $20 but not confronting her felt so strange. Like is that it...or...I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to take away from that scene.

No idea where they're going with the Ryan Ray character. There is a lot going on with him. Sometimes he gets positioned as being a little sinister, like on the verge of a breakdown. Then they play up him being the plucky misunderstood genius.

Cameron and Donna in pitch meetings is retreading what we've seen last season. I did like that they finally addressed the hurdles that two women would have to face in a male dominated industry.

Cameron and Donna in pitch meetings is retreading what we've seen last season. I did like that they finally addressed the hurdles that two women would have to face in a male dominated industry.

I literally cannot wait for the shitstorm that will hit when a show does Gamergate.

jerry113

Banned
Tipsy Donna is fucking adorable. We needs GIFs stat.

Joe's realizing his problem is he is now surrounded by yes men in his company. He doesn't have anyone like Cam, Donna, or Gordon to question him anymore. He needs someone to bounce off of. I wonder if Ryan is going to mainly serve as a substitute for his former team throughout this season or if there's more to his character than that.

Is Boz gonna find love in Annabeth Gish? :3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ratings:

Season 1:

Episode 1: 1.19 million
Episode 2: 970K
Episode 3: 765K
Episode 4: 844K
Episode 5: 575K
Episode 6: 717K
Episode 7: ??
Episode 8: 627K
Episode 9: 549K
Episode 10: 574K

Season 2:

Episode 1: 659K
Episode 2: 494K
Episode 3: 452K
Episode 4: 451K
Episode 5: 543K
Episode 6: 558K
Episode 7: 499K
Episode 8: 497K
Episode 9: 588K
Episode 10: 485K

Season 3:

Episodes 1 & 2: 339K
Episode 3: 397K
Episode 4: 312K

(the sneak preview of the first episode of the season 3 premiere that AMC tried to trick Fear the Walking Dead fans into watching on Sunday netted 367K viewers)

jerry113

Banned
^ hey at least it went UPWARDS this week instead of down. lol.

Maybe the Fear Walking Dead trick ended up doing a little good.

Hopefully there is some real payoff from the change of Yuppie Joe to Joe Jobs.
It would be wasteful to have his arc in S2 not to be used for motivation in S3.

kevin1025

Banned
Hopefully there is some real payoff from the change of Yuppie Joe to Joe Jobs.
It would be wasteful to have his arc in S2 not to be used for motivation in S3.

It feels like every episode we see more into the window of his life. He's Steve Jobs at the end of the first episode, then he's mysterious surfer Joe, then he's having parties he doesn't enjoy and asking for Ryan to do most of the thinking for him in board meetings. Then we find out he's learning to code. He's transforming, but we can't say for sure into what yet.

I feel like he's trying to be what his circumstances want him to be, but there's still something lacking. I guess he's thinking Ryan is the answer he's been looking for.

Natiko

Banned
I don't quite get what happened there at the end with Cameron. Why did she ask Gordon about Cardiff?

I took it to mean that she's growing suspicious that she's losing grip on the situation and thus her company. That's why she asked Gordon when it was he realized he was losing control at Cardiff.

ezekial45

Banned
I don't quite get what happened there at the end with Cameron. Why did she ask Gordon about Cardiff?

Cameron was suspicious about how Donna suddenly changed her mind about getting her to move out. She brought up Cardiff because it was Gordon's company for a while before it fell apart. Since she's co-running Mutiny with Donna, she wanted to know when he realized he lost it.

Anyway, that was another good episode. LOVED the laser tag scene. Great use of Billy Joel too.

Grizzlyjin

It's like I'm perpetually an episode behind. Just got around to catching Episode 3 tonight. No idea what's going on with Joe. He seems aimless. His enigmatic persona is just that, a persona. Dude is still winging it.

Bos was great as usual. I wonder if they're setting Cameron up to collapse, she is going to be taking on so much alone.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I took it to mean that she's growing suspicious that she's losing grip on the situation and thus her company. That's why she asked Gordon when it was he realized he was losing control at Cardiff.

Cameron was suspicious about how Donna suddenly changed her mind about getting her to move out. She brought up Cardiff because it was Gordon's company for a while before it fell apart. Since she's co-running Mutiny with Donna, she wanted to know when he realized he lost it.

Hm, okay. That makes more sense. Thanks!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Halt and Catch Fire >>>>> Mr. Robot
By what margin? I think they're both equally bad.

Likeable characters?

H&CF
S1 only had Karen. After S2 a few characters actually became people, but no one is a standout. Joe is a PoS and I hate him. Please die.

MR
Although not a likeable guy, Elliot is an interesting character sometimes, as well as Mr. Robot. Everyone else? Eh.

Plot/Story

H&CF
S1 was okay, nothing standout.
S2, I don't remember anything about it.
S3 seems interesting so far?

MR
S1 was engaging and felt good up to some weird points. Very Fight Club.
S2 . . . first half bad, second half decent to good.

Aesthetics

H&CF

The show does try to replicate the 80s in a decent way. Looks good generally speaking. Decent caliber direction.

MR

Tries to be way too cinematic, but that's part of the problem with building a brooding story.

Music

H&CF

Has some decent music on occasion.

MR

Really good music for the most part.

Yet, overall, they both kinda suck.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
By what margin? I think they're both equally bad.

4PwF7DF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom