• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Flame_AC

The CM vote is purely based on activity, yes? I mean it's a perfectly fine vote, but why not hit Retroid since that is someone more people would be interested in knowing about.

Retroid

The CM vote is purely based on activity, yes? I mean it's a perfectly fine vote, but why not hit Retroid since that is someone more people would be interested in knowing about.

Why not lynch TWE. Yes, it is essentially a no lynch as he will die no matter what but we have good luck so far (other than today) with gathering information for who to lynch during the day. We can avoid hitting a town and also avoid something happening to the item TWE is carrying during the night phase.

Flame_AC

Why not lynch TWE. Yes, it is essentially a no lynch as he will die no matter what but we have good luck so far (other than today) with gathering information for who to lynch during the day. We can avoid hitting a town and also avoid something happening to the item TWE is carrying during the night phase.

Because TWE is going to die anyways, so why not gain even more info by lynching you for example.

Kawl_USC

Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth for the weekend. Had a friend come into town, and he was robbed/assaulted that night, so I've been helping deal with all of the issues coming with that. He just got back on the road though so I've read through the thread.

As far as the whole TheGoddamn being secretly scum, lets not go down that road. Seems way to convoluted, I did appreciate the irony of Blarg then turning around and say that a ninja scum was hard to buy into a few posts later.

As far as not switching Blarg, I think it was either a gamble to try to maximize the number of people protected, or its possible Miracle messaged and set up the switch instead. I think I remember TheG saying in the thread that he was the one who would make the switch, but Miracle did seem to be a bit of a loose cannon who didn't play by the rules at some points.

Blarg, would you mind sharing who you intended to protect before the end of whatever phase you think you are going to die. I think it would help us all to see who you thought was valuable enough to protect.

Does no one else find this post kind of alarming?

Sharing who is getting protected basically nullifies the point. Yes it opens up mind games about whether that person will actually get protected, but come on.

Retroid

Does no one else find this post kind of alarming?

Sharing who is getting protected basically nullifies the point. Yes it opens up mind games about whether that person will actually get protected, but come on.

I don't think he meant for Blarg to share who he is saving tonight, but rather when his shields go down, for Blarg to go over every night and what his actions were.

Kawl_USC

I continue to also get bad vibes from a lot of your posts and trains of thought. I was wanting to lynch you before the craziness at the end of day last time, and I'm still leaning that way. Barring any more information/cases being made I'm leaning towards you.

To back up that statement:

Vote: Retroid

Kawl_USC

I don't think he meant for Blarg to share who he is saving tonight, but rather when his shields go down, for Blarg to go over every night and what his actions were.

Blarg, would you mind sharing who you intended to protect before the end of whatever phase you think you are going to die. I think it would help us all to see who you thought was valuable enough to protect.

The phrasing here seems to talk about a future blocking, not one that had already taken place.

Flame_AC

Basically this, I think we could all benefit from knowing Blarg's actions before whenever he expected to die.

Ok, I didn't even realize that the day is almost ending.

Blarg, I'm flattered but you're giving me far too much credit. This is only my first full game as I was a replacement previously.

My reads? I totally had Hyperactivity as Hogwarts so that was a big surprise to me. I've been suspicious of Gorlak since Day 1 but I'd rather not lose Crab in the process.

Flame_AC

Blarg, I'm flattered but you're giving me far too much credit. This is only my first full game as I was a replacement previously.

My reads? I totally had Hyperactivity as Hogwarts so that was a big surprise to me. I've been suspicious of Gorlak since Day 1 but I'd rather not lose Crab in the process.

So who should we lynch in place of you and why?

Kawl_USC

My phrasing is based off of the idea that Blarg intended to protect someone, but as he said already, didn't work as they weren't attacked.

Alright, I can see how you could have meant that. I have always thought of/worded it that regardless of whether a kill was attempted or not you still protected that person. So intend threw me off. But fair enough.

Retroid

I know I've explained my actions already but let me streamline them, with a few more added bits.

Day 1: I wanted Rats to say what his role was so town could see why he wanted to be lynched before he actually was. I was worried about him having a role that could benefit himself/others if he was lynched. I no lynched with the promise to switch my vote if he fully claimed.

Day 2: I voted for kitty very soon after Blarg revealed some information about his role and the whole ordeal, before kitty claimed Harry Potter. I knew he was real from that moment on. Kitty then revealed his true identity and that is when I started having second thoughts. I was wondering why someone would give up like that, and thought back to the whole finding of V and the fact that no one knew what could happen, so we needed to be careful.

Day 3: I was fairly inactive until near the end of the day. I jumped on TWE but wanted to know more information about the how he knew about the Horcruxes. Why? Look at kingkitty's role pm and now Hyperactivity's. No mention of the Horcruxes, so why would TWE of all people have this information. I kept my vote on him because he said that he didn't have that information at the start, and so I could somewhat trust him from that.

I know I've explained my actions already but let me streamline them, with a few more added bits.

Day 1: I wanted Rats to say what his role was so town could see why he wanted to be lynched before he actually was. I was worried about him having a role that could benefit himself/others if he was lynched. I no lynched with the promise to switch my vote if he fully claimed.

Day 2: I voted for kitty very soon after Blarg revealed some information about his role and the whole ordeal, before kitty claimed Harry Potter. I knew he was real from that moment on. Kitty then revealed his true identity and that is when I started having second thoughts. I was wondering why someone would give up like that, and thought back to the whole finding of V and the fact that no one knew what could happen, so we needed to be careful.

Day 3: I was fairly inactive until near the end of the day. I jumped on TWE but wanted to know more information about the how he knew about the Horcruxes. Why? Look at kingkitty's role pm and now Hyperactivity's. No mention of the Horcruxes, so why would TWE of all people have this information. I kept my vote on him because he said that he didn't have that information at the start, and so I could somewhat trust him from that.

Oh cmon man...why the fuck are you so adamant about voting me off? IM GOING TO DIE REGARDLESS SO WHY WASTE A VOTE?! You feel like I'm the easiest target for people to vote for and so you're suggesting it to get votes off of you. Seriously man...this screams more Deatheater than ANYTHING else.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Retroid (5)
roytheone .2622
Lone_Prodigy .2656
MagnumBoy20xx .2657 .2716
TheWorthyEdge .2748
Kalor .2760
Kawl_USC .2857

Christina Mackenzie (2)
Crab .2835
Blargonaut .2842

Lone_Prodigy (1)
Gorlak .2619 .2685
Gorlak .2709

Matt Attack (1)
MagnumBoy20xx .2716

Gorlak (1)
TheExodu5 .2542
Blargonaut .2646 .2721
Retroid .2805 .2849
Blargonaut .2808 .2842

MagnumBoy20xx (0)
Kalor .2700 .2760

TheWorthyEdge (0)
Retroid .2729 .2805

No active vote for Day 4:
Bananaspaceprincess
Christina Mackenzie
Enker
Flame_AC
flatearthpandas
Lord of Castamere
Matt Attack
Retroid (has previously voted)
Rynam
TheAwesomePossum
TheGoddamn

Day 4 ends:
gre_1449511200.png

Retroid

Oh cmon man...why the fuck are you so adamant about voting me off? IM GOING TO DIE REGARDLESS SO WHY WASTE A VOTE?! You feel like I'm the easiest target for people to vote for and so you're suggesting it to get votes off of you. Seriously man...this screams more Deatheater than ANYTHING else.

No, I'm suggesting it because we've had 2 days where it was easy to decide who to vote for (for most people), and then yesterday where it was easy, and then everyone switched and got a bit lucky. Now we are on a tougher day, we don't have any solid leads to lynch. If we lynch you today, that means only 2 people die instead of 3, we still get the reads off of what actions happened during the night and don't risk getting rid of a town. We've been incredibly lucky hitting scum 2 times, and getting rid of one town who was a bit detrimental if found out. As well, lynching you tonight gets rid of the risk of the item being handed off in some fashion. We have no clue what capable roles there are.

Kawl_USC

By he in that first bold, you mean which of those players?

And the second bold is the biggest thing giving me a bad feeling about you. I've read your explanation and it still reads to me like a potential death eater trying to buy a day so they can activate Voldemort that night. Sorry.

Retroid

By he in that first bold, you mean which of those players?

And the second bold is the biggest thing giving me a bad feeling about you. I've read your explanation and it still reads to me like a potential death eater trying to buy a day so they can activate Voldemort that night. Sorry.

First bold was directed at Blarg (Albus) and second quote was actually also sorta directed at him, more than anyone else. Although the whole statement is for everyone to read.

Kawl_USC

No, I'm suggesting it because we've had 2 days where it was easy to decide who to vote for (for most people), and then yesterday where it was easy, and then everyone switched and got a bit lucky. Now we are on a tougher day, we don't have any solid leads to lynch. If we lynch you today, that means only 2 people die instead of 3, we still get the reads off of what actions happened during the night and don't risk getting rid of a town. We've been incredibly lucky hitting scum 2 times, and getting rid of one town who was a bit detrimental if found out. As well, lynching you tonight gets rid of the risk of the item being handed off in some fashion. We have no clue what capable roles there are.

I made the case for not lynching TWE several times yesterday but have more to say since you seem to essentially just be making the case for a no lynch. Despite this being a PR heavy game and an 8 on the scale, we do have vanilla townies in this game. The vote and reads based off those votes, justifications, and what not are the only way for vanilla town persons to have an impact on this game. Lets make use of everyone on the town side. Not just power roles.

Retroid

By second quote I meant bold.

I only have about 2.5 hours left before I hit the bed. After that, I probably won't check in the morning, it was too rushy to do so last time. I probably won't check until lunch but even then, I probably will only do so to say some final words if needed.

Retroid

I made the case for not lynching TWE several times yesterday but have more to say since you seem to essentially just be making the case for a no lynch. Despite this being a PR heavy game and an 8 on the scale, we do have vanilla townies in this game. The vote and reads based off those votes, justifications, and what not are the only way for vanilla town persons to have an impact on this game. Lets make use of everyone on the town side. Not just power roles.

They're not the only way they can have an impact. You can have an impact by talking. You can have an impact by voting for someone who ends up not being lynched. You can have an impact by claiming you got hit by a PR.

Kawl_USC

They're not the only way they can have an impact. You can have an impact by talking. You can have an impact by voting for someone who ends up not being lynched. You can have an impact by claiming you got hit by a PR.

Which would all fall under reads, analysis, etc of voting and voting patterns. And yea I suppose I left out the passive interaction of saying a PR targeted you. My bad.

Retroid

Which would all fall under reads, analysis, etc of voting and voting patterns. And yea I suppose I left out the passive interaction of saying a PR targeted you. My bad.

So then why does TWE take away from that. So far I'm the only one to vote (and then unvote) him this day. You have plenty of reads for votes and what people have said, and are obviously getting reads from me based on that.

There is a deep nested amount of reads you can get though. If what I'm doing is obviously scummy, then why would someone ever do what I'm doing, especially scum? You could go down that spiral for days, back and forth.

Kawl_USC

So then why does TWE take away from that. So far I'm the only one to vote (and then unvote) him this day. You have plenty of reads for votes and what people have said, and are obviously getting reads from me based on that.

There is a deep nested amount of reads you can get though. If what I'm doing is obviously scummy, then why would someone ever do what I'm doing, especially scum? You could go down that spiral for days, back and forth.

Because a great amount of the value of all those things is dependent on flips. A neutral flip (and I've only ever been arguing against those who both believed that TWE was neutral and wanted to lynch him, if you think he's scum have at it) isn't really helpful in terms of enlightening voting patterns etc. And yea you are the only one to have voted/unvoted him but you are also one of the few here responding to my posts so that's why we are having this conversation.

And no thanks I'm good, I don't really go in on WIFOM antics/thoughts.

I apologize for disappearing for the past few days. I wanted to spend time with a relative leaving tomorrow. I haven't been able to check what's going on in the thread so don't expect any conclusions from me. I promise to be way more active next day cycle.

Retroid

Because a great amount of the value of all those things is dependent on flips. A neutral flip (and I've only ever been arguing against those who both believed that TWE was neutral and wanted to lynch him, if you think he's scum have at it) isn't really helpful in terms of enlightening voting patterns etc. And yea you are the only one to have voted/unvoted him but you are also one of the few here responding to my posts so that's why we are having this conversation.

And no thanks I'm good, I don't really go in on WIFOM antics/thoughts.

Okay, yes, neutral votes aren't helpful, I agree. But, you can already see votes from other people which will be helpful. No, they won't be helpful if we kill the neutral (unless scum hits one of the other lynch targets), but that is just for tomorrow. Down the line they could still be helpful. No, I don't think TWE is scum, I'm suggesting the vote because we really don't have a good target for today like previous days, and there is still the issue of the item. The poisoned people didn't get killed until the day began which means someone can still use their night move to target TWE. That could mean scum could get the item, if a role exists to do such. That is a what if, and of course, they could have done that last night.

As far as lynching me because I disagree with how people are playing and am voicing my opinion, that's fine but I hope you understand I really want to avoid a bad lynch today. I'm not the type of player who believes every lynch is a good lynch, and I've made that clear.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Okay, I've been using my free time in-between studying sessions for math to try and get a better Lynch target.

This may be grasping at straws, but it's the best I could come up with on limited time.

vote:bananaspaceprincess

I am voting for her based off of her activness and votes.

On day one her first vote was on me, as a prod vote.

I don't like the idea of lynching someone who won't get the chance to defend himself...
His ban is really unfortunate though because I was just planning on pressuring him to make him talk a little more. He sure was one of the quite players so far...

We still have more than a day to decide what to do with TWE. Enough time to figure out how long his ban will be. Maybe he will get replaced immediately and his replacement will give us some more to work with. And if not we can still decide to lynch him.

TWE was not the only player falling under my radar and since it is now getting closer to the end of the day I will cast my first Vote on

Vote: MagnumBoy20xx

Hope to here more from you soon ;)

She then unvoted me after my post about the Gorlak/Crab squable that occurred that day.

I was actually hoping you would tell me your favorite flavor of Bertie Botts Beans but this is also good!! :p

I agree with you on the Burb issue. I also don't see the need to lynch him (right now) :)

You have some interesting thoughts on Gorlak! His bickering with Crab really was weird to watch. I don't know what happened between them but I am curious... maybe we will get some answers.

For now

Unvote: MagnumBoy20xx

Her next vote was on TheGD, again as aprod vote.

LOL guys... I was just getting used to the nice and slow pace of this game... :p

Interesting turn of events!

With only 3 more votes needed for majority I will not vote for Rats right now. Some of you mentioned that he might not be allowed to talk about his role. Probably true. If that's not true I don't see a reason why he doesn't at least leave us some hints to work with.

As for his power I remember that in Election that very own SalvaPot claimed to be kind of a bomb-man who gets informed if someone visits him and then can use the command OOPS and blow his visitor up... It wasn't true back then but I wonder if he took this idea over to his own game.... With that in mind Rats is dangerous for town and should be lynched today.

But as I said I don't see a need to rush things now. And there are players who were not talking a lot lately. The one that sticks out to me the most is TheGoddamn. You've been waaaayy to quite this game so far.You had your vote on Burb and that's why your inactivity might have been overseen but it doesn't change the fact that you only posted twice in this game so far!! Please chime in and give us your thoughts on the recent events!!

Vote: TheGoddamn

She maintained this vote for the rest of the day, niether inviting nor voting for rats.

Interestingly enough she had a vote on her at the end of the day as well, zippedpinhead's no less.

I've decided that I don't want rats to die today. The fact that he hasn't come back for any defense, offense, rebuttal, or discussion of any kind leaves me too leery to leave my vote on him.

I'm still voting, so I'm going to vote for someone else. I'm going whole random number generator on this one.

vote: bananaspaceprincess

Sorry just drew the short straw today.

If you all want to vote out rats it's not with my help.

Zipped claimed that was an RNG vote, but I found it funny that he voted for the person who voted for his "brother" (Zipped was replaced by Miracle.)

On day two she made a mega post and voted for kingkitty.

Good Morning Friends and Enemies :)))
(This is a pretyped text from before Gaf was down this european morning!!)

Since I am one of the less active people of this group let me just say one thing about post counts. I prefer quality posts over quantity. Well... that's that! :p

I will comment on some players now.

The Goddamn He was definitely on my D1 scum list because of his two posts at the beginning and the fact that he stayed quite the rest of the day. I was going to continue to pressure him but today he seems very reasonable. Slightly leaning town here.

Enker I like speculating about game mechanics based on book flavor as well. So I won't hold that against him. Plus, we are the Lovegood Sisters :p
Uhm... that sounded lewd
I am a huge HP freak myself and everything I come up with are ideas of how I would do a game of HP-Mafia. It might not get us anywhere but I think there is a lot going on in this game and with everything we found out so far I thinks it will not hurt us to have certain meta ideas in mind.
This brings us right to the next topic:

Daily Prophet Ok this is really interesting. Lots of question marks in my head about it... Unless the author (if there even is one) comes forward I guess we have to wait for more article to come out. We did not have an article on D1. Does that mean it follows a night action?! If that's so what exactly is hidden in the text? The miracle thing is the most obvious hint I see... or maybe not but if we follow that road does it mean he said something we should trust or is it a alignment confirmation?!? Is it save to wait and see if there is another Article tmr? I hope that will give us more information about the whole thing.

Spells My guess is that you will be informed about spells and potions that have an effect on your behavior in the game.
If Blarg is saying the truth about him being tortured with the cruciatus curse to make him reveal his name it makes sense that he was informed about it. Same is for stupify because he had to change his writing style. I can only guess that we might not find out about spells that won't have an effect on our behavior... but I just realized that this doesn't make sense in Sawneeks case. Being notified that she's poisoned is pretty nice but it does not really effect her playstyle. I mean she can ask for a doctor to save her now but otherwise I don't think it really changes anything... so I'm lost here again :p

Blarg vs KK Ehhhm I guess this chapter is closed now with KK claiming death eater! We still have more than a day left until night phase so we could discuss a little more until then but I think the outcome should be eliminating KK. That being said:

Vote: KingKitty

PS: Special thanks to the players who always translate Blargs post for lazy people like me :*

PPS:
Also in case saying you know whos name is cursed I just want to point out that I NEVER said his full name.
Words coming from a very scared BSB :O

PPPS: I wanted to say more about other players but then Gaf was down and I did some muggle chores. More to come laters!! :)

She then unvoted then revoted to make sure the vote counting tool got her vote correctly.(this was unnecessary as the tool does not care about Caps.)

Sorry I misspelled KK and don't want that to mess up the counting thingy

Unvote

Vote: kingkitty

On day three she voted for The Worthy Edge, specifically saying that she was with Hyperactivity.

So, it doesn't seem like we will get a lot more information from TWE. It really feels like he gave up and I'm with Hyper here, the possibility that he will either mess around this night or do nothing at all does not make me feel good. I might change my mind if he turns up and actually talks to us some more until the day ends.

The theory that we should not lynch TWE and instead try to find true scum today only makes sense if anybody has an actual clue about anybody being scum. And I am talking about more than gut feeling here. I'd rather see a neutral go today than a townie (weather he has powers or not)

I guess we will already lose two townies tonight. (Sawneeks and ??) And if we don't lynch TWE the same will happen two nights from now.

The only other player I would be willing to lynch today is Crab because we can still assume that he was caught in the act N1. I kinda have the opposite feeling with Crab than I have with worthy.

I believe Worthy but don't trust him and Crab on the other hand I tend to trust but there are things that I just don't believe.

So those are my top lynch candidates for today. I will vote TWE now but if he chimes in today and for some reason changes my mind about trusting him I will change my vote to Crab.

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

At the end of the day phase, she overwrote this vote by voteing for hyper.

Vote: Hyperactivity

She never explained why the sudden change, in fact in the above post she wanted to Lynch crab.

Today she hasn't voted for anyone, nor explained her sudden vote change, though that's probably because no one has called her out about it.

She also appeared to have 180'd on crab...

I would also like to know from Worthy if he tried to steal another object last night. I think this was asked before but as far as I remember he never answered this.

What reason would Miracle have to protect TheGoddamn? I think TheGoddamn is cleared. I do think that you might be onto something with Draco Malfoy I just don't think it was tG.

Well this is a very difficult case. There is one thing I thought about and I discarded it because it has its wholes but I will share it with you now anyway:

I am refreshing my thoughts on Crab from yesterday when I said that we might just have caught him in the act with Swamped N1.

So Gorlak has stated that he has been tortured N2, right? (I'm going from memory)
What if it is very simple again and Crab is just scum. He would have known Gorlaks role by D3 and it was easy for him to just say that he is a secret lover or whatever to Umbridge. Gorlak does not know anything about him either which is even more perfect.
As I said there are a lot of things speaking against this and I am tired. What do you guys think about that?

I have not decided who to vote yet. Gorlak definitely is on my list... If Crab does not die with him we know he lied and have a save lynch tmr. But if Crab dies it would definitely suck... :( Arghhh I can't make decisions now, it's too late.
Going to bed. Good night!

Until Blarg opened up another possibility for her to go after him again.

Pjuuuu it that would at least explain why he claimed without being targeted today. And don't forget that again Crab is involved in all of this. LoC was not lynched yesterday because Crab cleared him. What if he was just saving his team mate?

This,combined with her activness and bandwagon votes, leads me to see her as a coasting scum.

It's not completely solid, but it's the best I got.

Kawl_USC

Okay, yes, neutral votes aren't helpful, I agree. But, you can already see votes from other people which will be helpful. No, they won't be helpful if we kill the neutral (unless scum hits one of the other lynch targets), but that is just for tomorrow. Down the line they could still be helpful. No, I don't think TWE is scum, I'm suggesting the vote because we really don't have a good target for today like previous days, and there is still the issue of the item. The poisoned people didn't get killed until the day began which means someone can still use their night move to target TWE. That could mean scum could get the item, if a role exists to do such. That is a what if, and of course, they could have done that last night.

As far as lynching me because I disagree with how people are playing and am voicing my opinion, that's fine but I hope you understand I really want to avoid a bad lynch today. I'm not the type of player who believes every lynch is a good lynch, and I've made that clear.

In case you meant me, that's not why I'm voting to lynch you. Voting to lynch over a disagreement on how to play is pretty shitty and not something I'd be be quick to do (barring something toxic/harmful outside of the game I mean). I get that you don't want to hit a PR and you have definitely been consistent on this with the NL on Day 1. I obviously disagree and that's why we are having this discussion, but its not why I'm voting you.

Flame_AC

I really like your post Magnum.

Vote: bananaspaceprincess

Very well constructed argument and I like the posts that you brought up. I'll be able to check in a couple hours before the day ends, but after that I'll be gone.

Retroid

So far we've heard three times from flatearthpandas:

Just woke up. Nothing special to report. Speaking of, did we get any useful reads tonight, Blarg?

Whoa there, I've been pretty active... The end of the day happened at 4am for me, I can't really help not being involved in that bustle on a week night.

Just to be clear I'm following correctly, TWE did not return the ring, which is the only thing he could have done to prove he shares town's interests. We won't know if he actually kept the ring until it dies with him or he gives it back tonight. For all we know, he gave it to a teammate. But if you voted him dead to prevent this situation, you're a scum suspect?

I'm glad Hyper ended up being scum and we had a more productive day than lynching a poisoned neutral, but I don't buy L_P's witch hunt. I'm going to read through the end of the day again, but my initial impression was that something very lucky happened, not something clever.

I see Retroid has a bandwagon starting today, which is fine with me since I've had eyes on him since I entered the game, but still seems like a strange amount of his suspicion is activity level and not bizarre suggestions/actions. This is my first online game so i don't know how closely that works out but there are a lot of people who are only just barely active. It will take a long time to lynch them all on principle. I agree still that Retroid is a good choice, but the day is still young.

Considering you've said that the day ends at 4am local time for you, I probably won't get to speak with you but I understand you don't trust me, and I'd like to hear your opinions on my explanations for my actions which you can see here.

Enker

W?ll, th? BSP ?rg?m?nt ?s ?nt?r?st?ng, b?t n?t ?n??gh t? ?v?rr?d? my ?n??sy f??l?ng ?b??t R?tr??d, c??pl?d w?th w?nt?ng t? v?t? f?r TW? d?sp?t? ?t b??ng th? ?q??v?l?nt ?f ? n?n-lynch. Th?s ?s M?f??, n?t D?t?nt?.

S?, n?th?ng p?rs?n?l, b?t

S? why n?t ?th?rs”?” G?rl?k ?sn’t n?c?ss?ry y?t (? th?nk ?t’s st?p?d t? r?sk 2 d??d ?t ?nc? + h? ?s n??tr?l ?pp?r?ntly) ?nd n??th?r ?s TW? (? p??ntl?ss lynch ?f h? d??s t?n?ght ?nyw?y). Cr?b h?s ??rn?d ? m?d?c?m ?f tr?st f?r th? Hyp?r d?m?l?shm?nt y?st?rd?y, s? n?t g??ng t? g? th?r? ??th?r (Sc?m b?ss?ng th??r ?wn c?p s??ms ?nl?k?ly t? m?).

W?ll y?? b? lynch?d t?d?y”?” Th? w?y th?s g?m? ?s g??ng, ?dds ?r? s?m??n? dr?ps ?nf?rm?t??n t?m?rr?w ?nd ? c?m? h?m? s?rpr?s?d ?t wh? g?t g?t. W? g?t l?cky y?st?rd?y; l?t’s h?p? ?t d??sn’t c?m? d?wn t? l?ck t?m?rr?w ?s w?ll.

W?ll b? h?ppy t? b? fr?? ?f th?s? q??st??n m?rks.

Retroid

Enker
Well, the BSP argument is interesting, but not enough to override my uneasy feeling about Retroid, coupled with wanting to vote for TWE despite it being the equivalent of a non-lynch. This is Mafia, not D?t?nt?.

So, nothing personal, but

So why not others? Gorlak isn’t necessary yet (I think it’s stupid to risk 2 dead at once + he is neutral apparently) and neither is TWE (a pointless lynch if he dies tonight anyway). Crab has earned a modicum of trust for the Hyper demolishment yesterday, so not going to go there either (Scum bussing their own cop seems unlikely to me).

Will you be lynched today? The way this game is going, odds are someone drops information tomorrow and I come home surprised at who got got. We got lucky yesterday; let’s hope it doesn’t come down to luck tomorrow as well.

Will be happy to be free of these question marks.​

Retroid

Ended up staying up a bit later than I thought I would, here is my vote before I go to bed.

Vote: bananaspaceprincess

I had a choice pretty much between BSP and Christina Mackenzie, while I don't have much to go off of, I do think Christina Mackenzie is actually town. I think he is a similar role to mine. We are like a nice triangle, missing one end.

Blarg...

......... mission

I wish you all a good night, You also have to make a decision, please don't leave things like this so late as you really mess others up, although I shouldn't be talking, but to be fair, yesterday you were voting for me (not you Blarg :D).

I wish you all a good night.

Retroid

Meant to add, reason I'm not sticking to TWE is because I won't have any chance of doing that with the time limits and work. Christina and banana look like my only hope, and I don't want to target Christina.

At work, I'll explain/change later. Am caught up on the thread though, or was when I started writing this a few hours ago. Nice summaries from Blarg. I find it hard to suspect TheGoddamn after what we learned from Miracle, who was what he claimed.

Interesting our tank cop has only spent one night so far investigating.

Right I never explained my Hyperactivitie vote. So here we go.

I seriously thought Hyper was town. It's as easy as that.

And I also thought it would be the best to eliminate Worthy because I thought he would not help us any further during the night. And he didn't.

So now, Hyper was all over worthy pretty much all day long trying to convince people to vote him out and what does he do in the end??? Right, he voted LoC.
That was the moment that stuck out to me. But at the point it was a weak gut feeling.
Now we know that he probably tried to turbo LoC. But yeah at that point I just did not know where that came from.

And than Sawneeks claimed and well It was decided. When I came back to my Computer I saw that Hyper already had like 5 votes or so on him and everybody was scared that we will end up with no lynch so what I did is change my vote quickly. There was just no time for long ass explanations.

For my unvote and vote for KK... aaahm sorry that I did not read the vote tally manual. I don't know how that can make me suspicious at all. It was even the post right after my first vote so I don't know where you are going from here. Also I think I was one of the first to vote on him after he gave up and claimed V. So yeah, that's that.

I am going with my gut feeling today. I will cast my vote on

Vote: Crab

I explained why I am suspicious of him already. He will always make us talk about him because there are always things that seems to happen to him that nobody else can explain. I kinda believe that Gorlak will tend to work pro town. (or at least we can always lynch him after we discover another marked person in the morning) If we vote Gorlak we might lose town Crab. But if Crab does not die we give him the chance to use whatever scum action he has left at night even if we plan on lynching him the next day.

So, it's monday morning and I'm off now. I hope to be back by dead line and be able to contribute some more. Bye

I only claimed because I was gonna die. The only thing that stopped that was my claim.

As for Blarg not receiving a message I don't know. Personally I don't think think it's abnormal. Most Doctor roles in the past haven't sent pms out to anyone, so it's more abnormal that I receive a Pm, but with a Bodyguard you kinda have too I guess. Also I assume HP only receives a message to give him warning that someone is gunning for him.

Who we should vote for today?

Twe dies tonight, and with no more support, I've resigned myself to whatever bullshit may happen tonight.

Gorlak is another threat, but linked to Crab in the way he is I feel keeping him around is a tricky situation. I think he should stay for now.

There's a group of players we should start picking off, because undoubtedly scum hides inside. I will admit that I'm in this group too, but I've tried to play in a specific way as to not draw scums attention. I don't have a hard choice for someone in that group, but after reading the Retroid theories yesterday I agree that he's a good pick. I think Matt Attack has pulled himself around btw. Like I said though, so many people who could qualify as low activity scum right now.

VOTE: Retroid

roytheone

Good, finally some discussion happened in the thread while I was asleep.

- I don't share Blarg his suspicion about the goddamn. We need to make so many assumptions that are unlikely to make that possibility work that it is not worth considering (for now).

- I agree with Crab that people should not tell if they did/didn't get the sword. Originally, I actually found it a bit weird that sawneeks didn't share her N2 target, since that could give us a confirmed towny, but after thinking about it, she probably thought that keeping the identity of the sword holder hidden outweighs the usefulness of us getting a confirmed towny. So lets keep that hidden, ok?

- I still believe Gorlak will act in favor of town for now, since the person that gets blocked will get a message we can easily check if he is working for us or not. Yeah, he could use his block to help scum dismantle the Blarg tank, but that will get him lynched the following day, and the thing with neutrals is that dying --> insta loss. Neutrals will not do things that will get them killed, and helping dismantle the blarg tank will defiantly get him killed. The only thing that still makes me consider lynching Gorlak is the fact that Crab said he "assumed" Gorlak can be recruited by scum. A scum Gorlak IS a big problem and danger to the blarg tank. Crab, where is that assumption based on and how likely is it?

- BSP is someone I don't have a very good read on. I will check her out later if I have the time, but I don't really feel a BSP lynch today.

- Christina is someone I did had some suspicion for. It's not the low level of activity that strikes me as suspicious, it is that when he posts, most of it are questions asking for more information or clarification, which is a tactic scum often use to appear active without actually having to provide opinions. He rarely gives his opinions and/or reads, and when he does it is things like this:

Thats a bit.....bare bones to say the least. If I had to pick someone I suspect to be a scum hiding behind inactivity, its Christina.

- Retroid is still my prime suspect though. His insistence of a TWE lynch is weird and would be a very easy lynch for scum to hide behind. His defense against him not wanting to lynch Kitty is also kind of weak. Yeah, most of us had the fear that Kitty had some kind of lynch protection, but just not lynching kitty was NOT the solution to that, it would just push the problem to another day. Instead, doing things like making sure the hammer is someone we can miss and the number 2 in votes being a suspicious person were ways to handle this situation, not lynching an outed scum was a dumb idea and would only have helped scum.

Now, he did basically soft claim to having a PR in his most recent posts, which also had some more weird stuff in it, and he already has 8 votes right now. So we should at least give him the chance to defend himself some more.

Less updates than I expected since my last post.

Retroid, I think your explanations are plausible but your actions have constantly struck me as being outside of town interests. What struck me about Day 1 was not that you didn't want to vote Rats but you were firmly refusing to and trying to recruit people off of voting for him as well. I understand wanting more answers on his role, but he claimed it was antitown and most seemed agreed there would be no skinners in the game. You argued for no lynch, as you've practically done at least once every day now, but you did place votes on other people. Just not the one who worried he could be put to use by scum.

Day 2, you argued not lynching Voldemort. Your explanation is again plausible, but more plausible is you just wanted him alive. This is your single biggest red flag. What's beautiful is that you don't need polyjuice potion or ninja assassins to explain it. Just being worried. Something plausible. But Voldy clearly had to go. I can't imagine what you thought could have been worse than leaving him alive. Even eating resources keeping him blocked while we hunted the rest of the scum would have been just that, a waste of resources. You can campaign for Voldemort and then say you were confused or worried when people are being offered on a silver platter every day. But when things slow down, a string of strange antitown speeches with only plausible explanations may be what suffices for the platter.

Day 3, I'm not too concerned with voting TWE. I did as well and stand by it.

But today, there's just no reason. We've already trusted him. If he was going to screw us, he likely has. All lynching him does is deprive the town of the opportunity to lynch someone suspicious and deprive us of useful reads for another day.

Vote stands.

Gorlak, I would be okay with also. If he is going to stay as a publically targeted role block, we should decide who he acts on pretty soon here. Not sure how beneficial this is. Would probably prioritize him over Retroid if Crab wasn't supposedly attached to him. Kind of expected Blarg to inspect him last night since he's been pretty openly accusatory of Crab and town opinion seems split. I think Crab needs to work extra hard to convince us not only that he's town but also that he's more useful than Gorlak is potentially dangerous.

nin1000

Banned
gorlak (1)
theexodu5 2542
blargonaut 2646 (2721)
retroid 2805 (2849)
blargonaut 2808 (2842)

lone_prodigy (0)
gorlak 2619 (2685)

retroid (8)
roytheone 2622
lone_prodigy 2656
magnumboy20xx 2657 (2716)
blargonaut 2732 (2748
kalor 2760
kawl_usc 2857
enker 2883
flatearthpandas 2887
lord of castamere 2889

magnumboy20xx (0)
kalor 2700 (2760)

lone prodigy (1)
gorlak 2709

matt attack (0)
magnumboy20xx 2716 (2878)

theworthyedge (0)
retroid 2729 (2805)

christina mackenzie (2)
crab 2835
blargonaut 2842

bananaspaceprincess (3)
magnumboy20xx 2878
flame_ac 2880
retroid 2885

crab (1)
bananaspaceprincess 2888

So who should we lynch in place of you and why?

Joining the bandwagon last time got me in trouble so I'm going with my own hunch today.

VOTE: TheAwesomePossum

kingkitty needed to be found by his fellow Death Eaters in order regain his powers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=186500645&postcount=1558

His first vote on Day 1 was TheAwesomePossum.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185335076&postcount=251

Towards the end, he hints with the words "lucky buddies" and "lost partner" as if to suggest he can be recruited.

His second and final vote on Day 1 was Hyperactivity, confirmed Death Eater.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185500934&postcount=361

Here he's nowhere near as subtle as before.

I don't recall TheAwesomePossum doing much for the past day. If you're looking for Death Eaters even they know not to hover too near to the bottom of the post counts.

Joining the bandwagon last time got me in trouble so I'm going with my own hunch today.

kingkitty needed to be found by his fellow Death Eaters in order regain his powers.

Towards the end, he hints with the words "lucky buddies" and "lost partner" as if to suggest he can be recruited.

I don't recall TheAwesomePossum doing much for the past day. If you're looking for Death Eaters even they know not to hover too near to the bottom of the post counts.

That's... actually not a bad line of thought. I think I'll switch. I'm not too bothered by either dying, and both are in my "low activity" scum list. As I said yesterday, I'm more comfortable going into a lynch with better info. It stands to reason that KK was told about his partners and tried to signal them on Day 1. If TAP flips town, I'll return to you tomorrow.

I'm also on board with this. It might be kind of a stretch, but I agree that the initial vote on Possum could have been a way to hint to him. For lack of a better choice right now (I don't currently think either Retroid or BSP are scum), I feel comfortable enough with this. I am still concerned that Gorlak could have been recruited, but I don't want to lose Crab yet and I still think it's unlikely that there were two recruitables.

Retroid

Just about to head off for work, please don't turbo me, I promise to be on again briefly later to at least reveal my actions during the night.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty quiet in here considering we're 4 hours away from Day end.

This is why I think most of the day has been wasted. There are tonne of scum coasting because they know that town are barking up the wrong tree, so why derail it? I'm also weirded out by how quickly Christina went from being a serious fos to suddenly everyone jumping her wagon.

Top Bottom