• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA X |OT| Miku X Scarlett Johansson is happening!!!

macklelol

This is the most macklelol quote possible.

lol
I tried this, and I have to admit it was actually more entertaining than I thought it would be.

On the topic of challenge items, it really bugs me that I have to reapply them every time I want to retry a song. I know this is probably just left over from when they costed dp, but it's still a hassle.

Yeah, I agree with you there. And I want more challenge items. And to be able to use more challenge items all at once. Except for Stealthy Target, that one can go away.

Pi papa pipa pa pipa pipa pipa pa

qb74nf8.gif

ChrisD

Slow Motion quickly became one of my favorite Miku songs. I didn't actually play it all that much on the Vita import, but I've played it at least once (and often twice or more) in every PS4 session. It's joined Satisfaction already in number of plays!

As goofy/cheesy as it may sound, the lyrics (paraphrased): "The annoying know-it-all in their teens; who learned humility in their twenties; who found a niche in their thirties; are all the same person!" Really made me happy when I first read them.

Also it's just a really fun song both to listen to and play. ^^

Kyonashi

Dreamy Theater wasn't released on the same year as the first game...

I'd also put Arcade, Arcade Future Tone, and the two Miku Flicks on the timeline as well, as those have quantifiable release dates.

The Dreamy Theaters were all released the year after the original games, I'm p sure. Also, F Vita was digital only in both US and EU.

Crap I did mean to move them along a year once I put them all in but I totally forgot. How's this look?

Crap I did mean to move them along a year once I put them all in but I totally forgot. How's this look?
Pretty good. I'd still separate Arcade and Arcade Future Tone since the latter is actually entirely different hardware and introduced new play mechanics. Both also have named update milestones but no real need to track those too.

I think in my mind I envisioned doing a chart like this as a vertical tree to try to illustrate which teams did what game (poor Dingo)

Draikin 2

I'm not sure if anyone follows the SEGA Central live streams from SEGA Europe, but in the latest video community manager Dan Sheridan asked if people want to see them play Project DIVA X in one of their future live streams. It'd be nice if the fans could ask them do so (in the comments on the video, or on Twitter @SEGA_Europe with the #AskSEGA hashtag). We probably don't need a lot of requests to convince them. I don't get the impression that SEGA Europe knows anything about these games to be honest, so any chance we have at making them more aware of the franchise would be helpful. Especially because future digital-only releases may still end up being published by SEGA Europe, rather than Deep Silver.

My copy arrived yesterday. Please tell me that we eventually unlock a more difficult cloud request mode that has the songs on extreme, otherwise its going to be painfully boring having to play on normal a billion times to unlock the modules.

SEGA just raised the price of the Vita version on EU PSN from 30€ to 40€

lol

So was the EU price a mistake or did they raise it because reasons? Glad I decided to buy it early thanks to the low price then.

My copy arrived yesterday. Please tell me that we eventually unlock a more difficult cloud request mode that has the songs on extreme, otherwise its going to be painfully boring having to play on normal a billion times to unlock the modules.

Yeah, once you finish all songs once you unlock more difficulties in Quest Mode.

If it makes you feel better, Free Play has all difficulties unlocked right off the bat. Less good is that you still have to finish all the songs on Normal and Hard if you want the platinum trophy.

Soulflarz

Banned
urotander for the worst song ever
it's literally memorization since no one plays pdx looking at the note until it disappears, that's nonsensical in a rhythm game.

I mean
I got an 87 in 10m

but like hell I'm doing better, that was not fun.

Alright, so the way the game randomly forces you to replay three songs—excuse me, I meant to say organize music festivals—without increasing the difficulty is pretty obnoxious.

I just want to do free play! Like the old games! I don't care about clouds and modules! Why did they have to make this so difficult! :mad:

ChrisD

And here I thought had seen the last of Unhappy Refrain.

At least its not the finger-killing full song.

Though with how long it takes out of the medley, it may as well be the full thing! :D

Also.. I can't wait to read all the reactions to Ultimate Medley in the next week or two, heh.

I personally love the Urotander chart, I'm perfectly fine with similar charts in future games as long as they keep them to 1/2 songs max. Sure, it's memorisation and that kinda goes against the whole concept, but I just find it really fun to play. I'm always about 5 safes away from a perfect though, so that's annoying :p

After unlocking all the Urotander modules in the jap release I could perfect the song in my sleep. Now after picking up the western release I realized that the chart is still burned into my mind.

Playing it made me so mad that I stopped my session for the day and will fill out the survey only to tell them how bad it is

I personally love the Urotander chart, I'm perfectly fine with similar charts in future games as long as they keep them to 1/2 songs max. Sure, it's memorisation and that kinda goes against the whole concept, but I just find it really fun to play. I'm always about 5 safes away from a perfect though, so that's annoying :p

What's the deal with the Urotander extreme chart? I haven't actually seen it yet but I'm not sure what would require memorization besides a) precise timing because of weird breaks in the rhythm or b) symbol soup where you have to memorize the specific order of buttons to press because of god how on earth can you read stuff that fast.

If it's b), I just assumed that was a lot of extreme charts--I hit Miku's event request for Ai Dee extreme and the bit in the song near the end where that happens always kills me.

EDIT: Wait, it's the multiple notes flying into the same symbol, isn't it? Yeah, fuck that shit.

What's the deal with the Urotander extreme chart? I haven't actually seen it yet but I'm not sure what would require memorization besides a) precise timing because of weird breaks in the rhythm or b) symbol soup where you have to memorize the specific order of buttons to press because of god how on earth can you read stuff that fast.

If it's b), I just assumed that was a lot of extreme charts--I hit Miku's event request for Ai Dee extreme and the bit in the song near the end where that happens always kills me.

It's literally the only chart in the game I can't sight read. That includes the Ultimate Medley.

It breaks the rules. Symbols overlap constantly, weird sudden speed changes of single incoming note symbols, notes fly in from extremely close to the screen sides or from random directions.

It's basically impossible to "read" like the other charts and instead of giving you new techniques or patterns to learn, it requires you to memorize where the weird stuff happens in the song.

It's like giving a trained pianist notes to play for the first time but someone squiggled random made up symbols everywhere.

EDIT: Wait, it's the multiple notes flying into the same symbol, isn't it? Yeah, fuck that shit.

Most of the notes are at the edge of the screen so you can't see them properly, + there are two parts of the song where you're required to press a O-X-O combination but only the two O are clearly visible, the X is hidden away. And of course a lot of notes require a quick double press but they're on the same spot as the previous one so you can't read it right away.

OMG Aero

I'm not good enough to play songs on extreme but if I was I could forgive Urotander for doing things like that.
They are underhanded after all, it's to be expected.

Is there any reason why Sega Europe has increased the price of the PS Vita version to £32.99 from £24.99? I was tempted to pick up a copy at the original price since I definitely needed the Module unlock key DLC for £8, but now I'm not going to get it since that's going to be £40 for the purest experience without grinding/random loot drops with doubles.

ChrisD

WOW, CONGRATS!

Times cleared: 235

What...

You. You are a beast.

Thank you. <3

@the bolded, that picture was specifically to show how insane in the head I am long this has taken hahah. Something like 183 of them were from the import version though. Haven't played 235 times in a week. That would make anyone fear for their insanity. :eek:

Is there any reason why Sega Europe has increased the price of the PS Vita version to £32.99 from £24.99? I was tempted to pick up a copy at the original price since I definitely needed the Module unlock key DLC for £8, but now I'm not going to get it since that's going to be £40 for the purest experience without grinding/random loot drops with doubles.

Either Europe being Europe and having all the bad luck with these things, or it was a price error; Project Diva games love their price errors. It could honestly be either one.

SimonM7

Fake mustache being classified as "elegant" is pretty great. I mean we all know its going on Miku, so I'm glad we still agree that it's elegant.

miku

Thank you. <3

@the bolded, that picture was specifically to show how insane in the head I am long this has taken hahah. Something like 183 of them were from the import version though. Haven't played 235 times in a week. That would make anyone fear for their insanity. :eek:

Still a lot though... it's not 235 times on extreme right?

Fake mustache being classified as "elegant" is pretty great. I mean we all know its going on Miku, so I'm glad we still agree that it's elegant.

Need pic

PInk Tape

Banned
I was grinding for Luka modules today and didn't get the ones I wanted so I decided to take a break and play some different songs. So I played some including Amazing Dolce.

Now I wasn't expecting to get anything but I finally got Meiko's Strawberry Witch costume from it ;__; It's really cute <3

IT

IS

FINALLY

FINISHED!!!

:eek:

Congrats! I don't think I could even get a standard on that melody on Extreme, lol.

Sadistic Music Factory and Intense Voice of Hatsune Miku
rolled together in one song is some flat-out bullshit.

I don't even want to TRY this on Extreme.

EDIT: This song shows no mercy. They didn't even have the decency to leave
Two-Sided Lovers and 2D Dream Fever
alone. They had to speed it up like crazy.

Mandelbo

Out of interest what exactly are the unlock conditions for the Ultimate Medley? Is it just filling the clouds up once more after finishing them for the first time, or is it more involved?

I can't beat the Seventh Festival. I just can't get enough points...

Make sure to have a 60% voltage bonus. Also, Miku's Ultimate module is pretty good at racking up voltage, so try that one.

Out of interest what exactly are the unlock conditions for the Ultimate Medley? Is it just filling the clouds up once more after finishing them for the first time, or is it more involved?

Yes, filling every cloud one more time will unlock an Ultimate Medley event. Once you beat that event, the medley will unlock for regular play.

The most I can seem to get is 45-50%... I'll definitely use Miku's Ultimate Module next time.

Each cloud has an accessory set that gives 40% on top of the module's 20%. For example, for the classic cloud it's all those sci-fi thingies with green accents (like the visor and the floating balls).
If you haven't unlocked those yet it might be worth to that first and tackle the Festival later.

Top Bottom