• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU VR Future Live |OT| Please don't throw your glow sticks at miku

miku

AfKLGBT.png

Publisher: SEGA
Developer: SEGA
Platform: PlayStation 4 (PlayStation VR only)
Release Dates: 1st Stage - October 13, 2016 (JP / NA / EU) | 2nd Stage - November 2016 | 3rd Stage - December 2016
Genre: VR Live Concert
Ratings: CERO B | ESRB T | PEGI 12

n5bQHgl.png

~WHAT MIKU GAME IS THIS?~

- HATSUNE MIKU VR Future Live is the premier virtual reality concert experience featuring Miku and exclusive to PlayStation VR
- You swing and wave your glowstick
- The songs played throughout the concert are chosen by you
- Each Stage is comprised of a setlist of three songs, and option to choose between two songs for each set
- You can change your seat (point of view) at any time with the directional buttons
- Can view angles that wouldn't be possible at a normal venue
- Exclusive one-on-one performance from Miku
- Tons of little things hidden in the concerts

~PRICE~
1st Stage: 2,500 yen | $14.99
2nd Stage: 2,500 yen | $14.99
3rd Stage: 2,500 yen | $14.99
All Stage Pack: 7,560 yen

- 2nd Stage (Nov. release) features Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Len, and Megurine Luka!
- 3rd Stage (Dec. release) will have MEIKO and KAITO!
- Pre-ordering the All Stage Pack to receive two original themes (Japan only?)

S5Vxw5O.png

~1ST STAGE~

- Love Trial | 恋愛裁判 (by 40mP)
- 1/6 -out of the gravity- (by noa)
- Satisfaction (by kz)
- Weekender Girl (by kz & Hachioji P)
- 39 (by DECO*27 & sasakure.UK)
- Cute Medley ~Idol Sounds~ | キュート・メドレー ~アイドル サウンズ~ (by Mitchie M)
- Love Song | 愛の詩 (by Lamaze-P)

aZZ6qmk.png

hl2tJfG.png

u6DokGW.gif

h6qkHaO.gif

uaIs0Fl.gif

V0u2tIQ.gif

06289kL.png

Still waiting...

TjkidWi.png

Will I be able to look up miku skirt?
- No, you can't. It will only appear black.

What's this one-on-one special solo performance by miku?
- Play to find out!

Will Future Tone get localized if I buy this?
- Ask SEGA!

I love miku but I don't want to buy this game...
- There's a trial version that features a single song for you to try!

I hate miku...
- :3

I'd be all over this if it adapted the standard Project Diva gameplay to VR, even if it was just you standing in the middle of one of the PV sequences. Hope they do something like that down the line.

Still, looking forward to at least trying out the demo.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think this was listed as free on the EU PSN store, unless it was just a demo.

Edit: Was probably just the trial.

MrBS

I think this was listed as free on the EU PSN store, unless it was just a demo.

Edit: Was probably just the trial.
From the description itself on US PSN
Please note that you must purchase the free 'VR Future Live' game and a Stage DLC to enjoy this content.
Base game is 'free' but needs add on to be purchased. In addition there is also a demo. Confused yet? ;)

Draikin 2

So I just tried the game. Much like the first time I tried PlayStation VR, the drop in graphical quality compared to a regular TV does stand out at first, but you stop noticing that after a while. While I recorded my playthrough, the recorded video just doesn't convey the VR experience, in particular the feeling that you're actually there with the rest of the crowd. Much as I had expected, the gameplay is rather simple, only the rhythm game section wasn't explained in the tutorial and I wasn't entirely sure how to handle that one. I did unlock the encore performance, so I'm guessing I did well enough. At the end of the performance, you unlock a module (not sure if that always happens). And if you managed to get the private encore performance, Miku will ask you to select one of the unlocked modules for her to wear. During the performance, your glow stick changes into all sorts of items, for example a tambourine or, of course, a leek. One playthrough (including encore) can take around 20 minutes, which is a bit longer than I had expected.

Given the low price, there's little reason not to try the game, if you own a PS VR headset. That said, I didn't buy the season pass. I feel like SEGA hasn't provided enough information on what it actually contains, and it doesn't even have the bonus theme that's included in the Japanese version.

I'll try the Project DIVA X VR mode next, if it's already available.

takoyaki

No season pass for the West? :(

Just re-checked the PS Blog post about it, they really don't mention it...

Sounds like it, but at least the pricing for the first pack is more reasonable than in Japan ($15 vs. ¥2700).

I'll definitely check it out at that price, there's some great songs in the games and a Miku concert sounds perfect as a goofy VR experience.

takoyaki

I just tried it out, it's a fun but very limited experience for Miku fans. There's not a lot of interactivity, you can either shake a glow stick or sing along to the song (didn't try the latter, glad it doesn’t force you to). Watching it passively as a concert is an option as well. The 3D Audio and sense of place are pretty good, you can switch your POV between multiple places in the crowd, on stage or in an elevated area. The game always let's you choose between 2 songs at a time, a concert lasts for 3 songs.

I'm more of a casual Miku/vocaloid fan, so I'm glad there was no season pass available. This is clearly one for the big fans. But it's a great proof of concept for virtual concerts in VR and a fantastic starting point for a "real" VR mode in the next Miku game (In one of the songs, the stars from rhythm games show up and let you interact with them; it worked great)

Danj

So I just got my PS VR today (like probably a lot of other people). In Europe we got shorted on the disc, there were only 8 demos on there, so after I'd checked those out I went to the PS Store to see what else was there, where I came across VR Future Live.

Was initially confused by the free base game (which needs paid DLC to do anything) but grabbed the demo after that.

I've never had the opportunity to actually go to a Miku concert, so I thought it was great that I could experience one in VR instead. Honestly I was having a bunch of fun just waving the glowstick to the music (it actually took me a little while to realise there was specific motions the game was asking me to do).

Interestingly although the PS Store listing says PS Move Required, the demo worked just fine with my DualShock 4. I can definitely see the Move being a way better controller for this though, what with it essentially already being glowstick-shaped.

There only seems to be a single stage of DLC available at the moment, is that right? What do you get for your £12? And is it going to be cheaper to wait for some kind of bundle or season pass rather than buying the stages as they come out? Or is it worthwhile just jumping in right now?

Miku definitely wasn't the first thing to come to mind that I'd be using my PS VR for but I can definitely see getting some mileage out of this.

SHarris78

Just bought the season pass!!!

Heads up for those in the UK, the season pass only seems to be available at the moment via their computer-based online store and not on the PS4 itself (where the only DLC option is the 1st stage).

Season pass is £32.99, compared to the £35.97 it will cost for all stages individually, not much of a saving but its something!

SHarris78

As a huge Miku fan I don't think I've been happier with a gaming purchase in years, was grinning from ear to ear all the time !!!

Also played Idolmaster, there seems to be no interactivity at all which is a shame, as it looks nice and the songs are catchy.

Tenshi

Neo Member
I've played through this game three time and the feeling of being transported back to the time I was at Miku Expo 2016 it induces is cool and happened every playthrough. The immersion is really awesome.

Danj

Also played Idolmaster, there seems to be no interactivity at all which is a shame, as it looks nice and the songs are catchy.

There isn't? That's weird because I could swear I've seen a video where you can customise the colours of your glowsticks and whatnot (which I don't think you can do with Miku? or am I wrong?)

Downloaded the demo to try sometime tomorrow. :)

At least I think the "Try the demo" link is the one that will have the one song teaser. Would have downloaded it sooner but I didn't realize it was already up since I only saw the free download and the $15 level on the main page.

Is there any stat tracking that for people attempting to look up Miku's skirt? They should use that as market...research.

LOL

That Jiraiya gif got me lol.

SHarris78

There isn't? That's weird because I could swear I've seen a video where you can customise the colours of your glowsticks and whatnot (which I don't think you can do with Miku? or am I wrong?)

Yeah you change the colour / amount of glowsticks in each hand and add a bracelet thingy too, but during the performance outside of moving location you can't do anything.

Btw, when the controller icon appears on the screen, are you supposed to follow the crowds movements or the icon itself, or does it not matter?

The minor rhythm stuff in here with the glow sticks is... kind of intriguing? Like how the controller will pulse three times during the moments where you're only moving on the fourth. Seems like something they could build out if they wanted to.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
So it's just basically a virtual concert, with limited gameplay? Ehh, would be cool to try out but the asking price for VR is too steep for me at the moment. Is there a lot of Luka in it?

SHarris78

So it's just basically a virtual concert, with limited gameplay? Ehh, would be cool to try out but the asking price for VR is too steep for me at the moment. Is there a lot of Luka in it?

Luka and the twins are in the 2nd Stage coming next month. You're right in that the gameplay is limited, basically the bigger a fan you are of the songs / characters the more you'll enjoy / get from it i think. Being a huge fan who'll never get to Japan for an actual concert I'm loving it !!!!

Chorazin

Luka and the twins are in the 2nd Stage coming next month. You're right in that the gameplay is limited, basically the bigger a fan you are of the songs / characters the more you'll enjoy / get from it i think. Being a huge fan who'll never get to Japan for an actual concert I'm loving it !!!!

Miku toured the US this year, the NYC show was amazing. I'm sure they'll do another Miku Expo in 2017, you should definitely make it out!

Schneider

one of the few games that have built an actual sense of presence/being in virtual reality (imo). maybe because of closeness + better resolution than summer lesson

Soi-Fong

They toured this year! I attended the Chicago concert. After having tried out the demo, I'd say it's able to get maybe 75% of the actual experience of going to a Miku concert.

I freaking loved it though and would go again if she has another tour here.

Wehrwolf

Does the full game for the US version have any subtitles?

Didn't see any in the demo, but just making sure (if there isn't, I'll just get the Japanese version for extra themes)

My main disappointment for the first pack is that 2 of the 7 songs are from kz.. just don't like Miku's voice in kz's songs.

antibolo

Banned
Has there been any news from Sega about the season pass for NA? I tried to talk to the @Sega Twitter account but haven't gotten a reply, dunno if there's a better channel for such queries.

So, i just tried out some of the stages from the VR update in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X. Really enjoyed it. Is this game just more of the same, or are there other gameplay elements. And what about the songs?

I'm tempted to get it, although 15$/40$ season pass is a bit steep to just watch songs/dances.

Didn't see any in the demo, but just making sure (if there isn't, I'll just get the Japanese version for extra themes)

The description in the OT suggests the themes were preorder-only, meaning that ship has already sailed. (DIVA X and Future Tone also had preorder-only themes, though the Future Tone themes were recently made available for sale on JP PSN.)

So, i just tried out some of the stages from the VR update in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X. Really enjoyed it. Is this game just more of the same, or are there other gameplay elements. And what about the songs?

I'm tempted to get it, although 15$/40$ season pass is a bit steep to just watch songs/dances.

Tenshi already mentioned it, but Future Live is hardly a cut and paste job. If you want more samples, KamJPCH has been uploading Future Live content to YouTube.

Top Bottom