• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA X |OT| Miku X Scarlett Johansson is happening!!!

I didn't know we're not getting a physical release in the UK/Europe, damn.

Will I be getting locked out of a shit ton of content if I import this from NA/Canada?

Soulflarz

Banned
Sooo
Is streaming doable? About to sleep so I can't check and busy tomorrow, figured I might as well ask. I know future tone is muted, google didn't say anything about this, so maybe it isn't?

macklelol

Sooo
Is streaming doable? About to sleep so I can't check and busy tomorrow, figured I might as well ask. I know future tone is muted, google didn't say anything about this, so maybe it isn't?

Same deal as Future Tone, the songs are muted while streaming and recording.

I guess I should get a physical copy of PDF on Vita from Japan to complete the set.

1lbj8.png

Already been playing digital versions but yea gonna support miku physical.

kagamin

I guess I should get a physical copy of PDF on Vita from Japan to complete the set.

1lbj8.png

Already been playing digital versions but yea gonna support miku physical.

I should show off my Vita PjD collection too... once I get Project Diva X NA version later today of course!

Kumubou

Actually managed to find a copy of Project Diva X at Best Buy today (seems like all of the local stores got exactly one copy of the PS4 version each... which, to be fair, is one more than I expected).

Played the game a bit and I am not a big fan of the story they tried to add at all. I can understand why they added it in an effort to drive people to play the songs outside of the typical achievement/score attack loop, but man the narratives they have here are omega corny. Feels like one of those things that would come across better in Japanese having absolutely no understanding of it.

I think most people who wanted Future Tone would have bought it by now. Plus, how are they going to market it as an "arcade game" when we never received the original arcade games?
From my experience, very few people import foreign-language games of any kind (especially since doing so ends up being a fair bit more expensive -- this isn't the price arbitrage that you see people going for on digital storefronts). Even something that would be relatively import-friendly (like fighting games or music-rhythm games) generally only gets bought by the most hardcore players.

As for how to position the game internationally... remasters are all the rage, right? Just pitch it as a remaster of the PS3 and 3DS games (never mind that some of those PS3/PSP games never came out here).

This is the first time I'm hearing about Future Tone, and holy god. 220 songs? No god-damned Star notes? THAT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN!

...except for the part about being on PS4 only. I mean, I know why, but I enjoy these games so much more on portables. That's never been more clear with PDX, where I have a hard time following the notes on my TV but it's smooth as butter on the Vita.

Ugh.
Future Tone is much more readable on large screens than F/F2/X are, as the notes are larger, have drop shadows and the game's default scroll speed is higher. Don't know if that's enough to help... but you can download Future Tone Prelude for free and try the two demo songs and see if it helps.

And I'm pretty sure some of the Extreme charts in Future Tone would lead to some interesting gymnastics on a Vita.

The series has been declining in popularity in Japan and the concert-style can likely be done on a smaller budget.

Either that or maybe they just wanted to try something different to keep the series interesting *shrug*

TBH, I just focus on the notes and the music and don't even pay that much attention to what's going on in the background.
It feels like a lot of Japanese-developed games are in this downward spiral when it comes to their budgets, which is only accelerating the death of that market. Especially when you compare Project Diva X to something like Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage. Project Diva still has higher production values... but that gap is shrinking, and by cutting the budget they are in most instances creating a less compelling experience, so fewer and fewer people stick around (which then causes even deeper budget cuts, and so on).

Part of me wonders how dependent they are on international sales to keep the series solvent, since it seems like this is the second release (the first being Project Mirai DX) that was made specifically for the international market.

What's with this game and swimsuits? I keep getting them, I got two Kaito swimsuits in a row, then I played a song with Rin and I got a swimsuit, then the same with Len and finally the same thing just happened with Luka. Is the game trying to tell me something?

Can I just say that I love the Urotander Extreme chart? I know not everyone will agree but I love how random it is.

What's with this game and swimsuits? I keep getting them, I got two Kaito swimsuits in a row, then I played a song with Rin and I got a swimsuit, then the same with Len and finally the same thing just happened with Luka. Is the game trying to tell me something?

Can I just say that I love the Urotander Extreme chart? I know not everyone will agree but I love how random it is.
Oh god, don't remind me of the Kaito swimsuits. There's a different module for each permutation of goggles/no goggles and tan/no tan. Combined with the fact that Kaito doesn't have too many modules to begin with, it's swimsuit galore.

And I'm pretty sure some of the Extreme charts in Future Tone would lead to some interesting gymnastics on a Vita.

Having played a bunch of Future Tone via Remote Play I can confirm some Simone Biles occurred

But yes, the game was designed for a ~32" screen and not-Dualshock style controls. It makes some interesting decisions to try to mitigate control issues for people playing on a Dualshock/Vita but it's still far from optimal.

Why would you know, you only own vita!

I can still record videos right.

You can record just as well as you can stream. You'll have video but no music.

SephLuis

I laughed more than I should because of this. Especially because I tried.

I love playing PDX on the Vita, but then I returned to Arcade and realized how bad was the lag in my TV D=

They're definitely cross buy in Europe and according to the website they should be in the US too, so it's probably an error yet again.

EDIT: or try to do as YianGaruga said, sometimes buying just one makes the other one free as well

They should be. I bought the PS4 songs and got both versions.

They are in Europe.

6viudUG.png

Have you already bought them? You could buy one and see if the other one turns free like it's often done with cross buy titles in NA

They're definitely cross buy in Europe and according to the website they should be in the US too, so it's probably an error yet again.

EDIT: or try to do as YianGaruga said, sometimes buying just one makes the other one free as well

Thanks, will try. Waiting for my seller deliver $10 psn code, lol.

Is there X-save between Vita and PS4 versions?

Yes, use built-in cross save option. PS Vita Japan version compatible with PS4 US version. I am just getting my Vita US version and will try importing the save data

As the owner of both physical PS4 and PS Vita (US version) I am kinda disappointed that the add-ons are no longer cross buy...

tEHbefF.png

They are cross buy as long as you buy one before the other. If you actually bought DLC this way, with both platforms in the cart at once, you may want to contact Sony for a refund.

matmanx1

I almost failed Holy Lance Explosion Boy because of the few times I glanced at the lyrics. Holy shit.

I just Googled the lyrics to this particular song and uh... let's just say I did not expect a sexually explicit song in a Miku game.

In other news, the shipper messed up the delivery so I did not get my copy of the game yesterday. Amazon was apologetic and gave me a $5 credit and hopefully I will be seeing the game this evening at my house.

I just Googled the lyrics to this particular song and uh... let's just say I did not expect a sexually explicit song in a Miku game.

Previous games had some weird songs too, they were just slightly more nuanced than Holy Lance. Eh? Ah, Sou (PDF) and Romeo and Cinderella (PDF2nd) are two good examples.

I've filled that survey, I mentioned the song list issues + complete lack of story PVs as a negative (even though I know some people won't agree here :p) and the lack of loading screen illustrations as a minor nitpick.

I doubt it'll help much though, I mentioned the lack of non-Miku songs in the PDF2nd survey and look how that went. I guess a lot of people don't care unfortunately :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hah, I think that was the song that caused South Korea to pull the game off shelves because they felt that song & the game's rating didn't match.

So i am new to project diva and I have a quick question. Are there any songs with different singers like in project mirai? I know I can use any character I want but sometimes it can look at bit weird since the vocals dont change. Having Kaito sound and dance like miku was something I dont want to do again hahahaha

yyr

This is the first time I'm hearing about Future Tone, and holy god. 220 songs? No god-damned Star notes? THAT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN!

...except for the part about being on PS4 only. I mean, I know why, but I enjoy these games so much more on portables. That's never been more clear with PDX, where I have a hard time following the notes on my TV but it's smooth as butter on the Vita.

Ugh.

Part of the reason the notes are hard to follow on your TV with PDX is that the notes are smaller relative to the screen size.

But Future Tone fixes this problem by increasing the size of the notes, and also adding drop shadows. The old Dreamy Theater games on PS3 were like this also.

You have a JP PlayStation account by now, yes? Go download the "Prelude" demo and try it out ;)

mollipen

Part of the reason the notes are hard to follow on your TV with PDX is that the notes are smaller relative to the screen size.

But Future Tone fixes this problem by increasing the size of the notes, and also adding drop shadows. The old Dreamy Theater games on PS3 were like this also.

You have a JP PlayStation account by now, yes? Go download the "Prelude" demo and try it out ;)

Future Tone is much more readable on large screens than F/F2/X are, as the notes are larger, have drop shadows and the game's default scroll speed is higher. Don't know if that's enough to help... but you can download Future Tone Prelude for free and try the two demo songs and see if it helps.

Yeah, I started with PD via the original PSP version, and other than some Dreamy Theater 3 on PS3 (where I didn't remember having that problem), pretty much stuck to the series on portables (where I love it). After getting to try PDX on Vita as well now, it really did hit home how small the markers are on the PS4 version.

So if Future Tone has the bigger note markers, awesome! Once I get back from work trips, I'll download Prelude and check it out.

Yeah, I started with PD via the original PSP version, and other than some Dreamy Theater 3 on PS3 (where I didn't remember having that problem), pretty much stuck to the series on portables (where I love it). After getting to try PDX on Vita as well now, it really did hit home how small the markers are on the PS4 version.

So if Future Tone has the bigger note markers, awesome! Once I get back from work trips, I'll download Prelude and check it out.

If you had no issues with Dreamy Theater than you shouldn't with Future Tone either since both are developed by the same team.

muteki

So i am new to project diva and I have a quick question. Are there any songs with different singers like in project mirai? I know I can use any character I want but sometimes it can look at bit weird since the vocals dont change. Having Kaito sound and dance like miku was something I dont want to do again hahahaha
Future Tone has a few songs where you can change the vocals (I believe the songs that had the same feature in Mirai) but IIRC in X none of the songs let you choose the back track.

OMG Aero

Just finished my second cloud, the medleys are really good but some of them make me wish they were just split into individual songs instead.
Want a full version of that 1 2 Fan Club remix.

Future Tone has a few songs where you can change the vocals (I believe the songs that had the same feature in Mirai) but IIRC in X none of the songs let you choose the back track.

There's a few more exclusive to Future Tone also. Senbonzakura (F Edition) has an All-Vocaloids option and Nostalgic can be changed between the newer MEIKO-SAN and original LOLI-MEIKO versions. A handful more but I don't recall what they are off the top of my head.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Played through the first cloud and a bit of the Cute cloud yesterday, when I picked up my PS4 copy. Looks beautiful on the PS4 and the big screen, but I'm a bit disappointed that there are just 'stages' and not the music videos the other games have (I've always found them to be really neat, especially some of the ones in Mirai 3DS).

I do like the actual gameplay better than F2, at least (though F as of now is probably my favorite game, haven't tried Future Tone yet). There are no more of those notes on a line and the Normal mode is actually reasonable for me this time around (who sucks at rhythm games) :p

This is my first Miku game after seeing one concert in New York earlier this year. I'm kinda okay with it being miku centric since I barely know the other vocaloids.

I hope you weren't the dude standing in front of me with his camera up the whole time recording the whole show :p

Mandelbo

Alright, I caved... downloading it now.

Is there a skip button for the VN sequences? Or do you just have to mash the button? Presumably they're lengthier than they are in the demo.

Top Bottom