• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA X |OT| Miku X Scarlett Johansson is happening!!!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Connect the pouch to your Project Mirai DX wallet chain?

So do I gain anything from doing all the cloud stuff on every difficulty aside from having other difficulties to choose from while grinding for modules, accessories, & items?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How do I read this gift guide? Is it good to give an X, an O, or a - ?

http://projectdiva.wiki/List+of+Gifts+%28X%29
O = yes, X = no. Think of the way Japan swaps the O & X for confirm & cancel on Playstation games. "-" is basically "okay", or inbetween like & dislike.

Cute Cloud taken care of. 2 down, 3 to go.

Edit: Okay, not a fan of this new "gift mini-game" where you get a few sentences of what they want (I mean, usually it's obvious, but once you go to the item select, you can't see the hints anymore) & I realized that not only did I forget what it was that Miku was hinting at, but I realized that "aw crap, I most likely don't have what she wants" & of course, you can't exit out, so I said screw it & gave a random item which of course wasn't what she wanted & made my meter go down. I felt like I was forced into a situation where I had no option but to fail.

Edit: Okay, not a fan of this new "gift mini-game" where you get a few sentences of what they want (I mean, usually it's obvious, but once you go to the item select, you can't see the hints anymore) & I realized that not only did I forget what it was that Miku was hinting at, but I realized that "aw crap, I most likely don't have what she wants" & of course, you can't exit out, so I said screw it & gave a random item which of course wasn't what she wanted & made my meter go down. I felt like I was forced into a situation where I had no option but to fail.

If you press Start to skip the dialogue before it goes into the item menu you can skip giving a gift entirely.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If you press Start to skip the dialogue before it goes into the item menu you can skip giving a gift entirely.
Thank you, I will keep this in mind. I'm just glad I have some memory of what items trigger events since they seem to be pretty much copy/paste from the previous game.

Gift guide also seems to be incomplete, I took a shot in the dark with giving the totem pole to Kaito & he seemed to love it.

Also please don't tell me they brought over the multiple, random versions of item events like the damn sketchbook.

Safros

I asked for Project Diva Future Tone on PC and a new Project Mirai for NX.

I feel like a PC port is essentially wishful thinking, especially since this is Crypton we're talking about.

Anyway, I asked for a patch that lets us add note charts to songs in edit mode.
Or it is already possible to do so and I just haven't unlocked it or figured out how?

pariah164

"wear it as one sock" from the designer of the pouch herself

there you guys go
That response...

*eyes her men's size 13 feet*

8FxEa.gif

rpmurphy

So I didn't know that the Brook adapter had a firmware update in July so once that was updated, I could use my PS3 mini Miku controller without it becoming unresponsive after several minutes. I guess either the controller didn't have support before or that it was fixed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Doing some streaming again, gonna grind that voltage for the final song.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Adjusting timing in this game is misery. I can't get it right. -50? No. I appear to bit hitting the note a bit early from the beat. Anyone able to help me make the right plus or minus adjustment?

cuilan

A couple questions: I'm assuming the Vita version is 30fps instead of 60fps, is that right? Also, are there online leaderboards for song scores like Future Tone?

And fun fact, Hatsune Miku and I have the same birthday!

kagamin

I feel like a PC port is essentially wishful thinking, especially since this is Crypton we're talking about.

Anyway, I asked for a patch that lets us add note charts to songs in edit mode.
Or it is already possible to do so and I just haven't unlocked it or figured out how?

Hey, I'll ask for anything even if its futile, like a localization for the idolm@ster games. :p

c-murph

I want it NAO! Gimmie!

Does my Japanese Vita save transfer over?

If I buy the Unlock all Modules and Unlock all Accessory DLC... What do I have left to do in game?

So I didn't know that the Brook adapter had a firmware update in July so once that was updated, I could use my PS3 mini Miku controller without it becoming unresponsive after several minutes. I guess either the controller didn't have support before or that it was fixed. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ 

I tried to update the firmware on mine first thing but it just wouldn't take. Either my adapter shipped with the latest firmware or it's broken in just the right way to prevent updates .-. Did you get the yellow or white adapter?

Adjusting timing in this game is misery. I can't get it right. -50? No. I appear to bit hitting the note a bit early from the beat. Anyone able to help me make the right plus or minus adjustment?

Get low lag TV, get low lag audio (see earlier post about audio splitters and computer speakers), play at 0.

A couple questions: I'm assuming the Vita version is 30fps instead of 60fps, is that right? Also, are there online leaderboards for song scores like Future Tone?

And fun fact, Hatsune Miku and I have the same birthday!

Yes, Vita is (sub) 30 fps. No leaderboards. Happy birthday!

Oh also - when do I unlock Hard/Extreme? The story mode is a snooze because I can't play anything but normal.

All difficulties appear in story mode once you've finished the first loop but they are also available immediately in free play after playing the song once.

I want it NAO! Gimmie!

Does my Japanese Vita save transfer over?

If I buy the Unlock all Modules and Unlock all Accessory DLC... What do I have left to do in game?

It does, if you've uploaded your cross-save and play on the same PSN account.

You have to do two loops of story mode to unlock the Ultimate Medley. If you've bought the unlock keys then that's it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Get low lag TV, get low lag audio (see earlier post about audio splitters and computer speakers), play at 0.

It's scary that I'm considering looking into a better TV for my office since Future Tone and this both need my love and care.

Is there a site to go to that I can look this shit up?

It's scary that I'm considering looking into a better TV for my office since Future Tone and this both need my love and care.

Displaylag.com specializes in measuring input lag of most name brand TVs available in the US. You probably want to stick with 32", which I think works the best (so long as you play up close and not halfway across the room). It gets harder to find low lag screens the larger they get.

rpmurphy

I tried to update the firmware on mine first thing but it just wouldn't take. Either my adapter shipped with the latest firmware or it's broken in just the right way to prevent updates .-. Did you get the yellow or white adapter?
I have the yellow adapter. I downloaded the "PS3&4 to PS3&4 V2.0 20160722" firmware zip file from their site (which apparently has broken images right now lol), opened the exe in the "PS3PS4toPS3PS4_V20_201607" folder, and the update had no issues. The new updater didn't seem to require any of that controller button holding stuff.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Displaylag.com specializes in measuring input lag of most name brand TVs available in the US. You probably want to stick with 32", which I think works the best (so long as you play up close and not halfway across the room). It gets harder to find low lag screens the larger they get.

My current gaming TV is like 27", so something in that range is perfect. Thanks.

Computer monitors tend to have low display lag as well, so if you happen to have one with an HDMI port you could try that.

kagamin

I play emulated Project Diva Extend on my computer and it works great (with buffered rendering disabled). So you'd probably be fine if you did use a monitor with 5ms or 3ms delay.

pariah164

Full voltage meter clear and just normal clear.
Ah, makes sense.

... So, on average, how long did it take people to raise enough Voltage to fully clear a cloud? These needed totals are insane, though I have not tried any stage on Extreme yet.

ChrisD

Ah, makes sense.

... So, on average, how long did it take people to raise enough Voltage to fully clear a cloud? These needed totals are insane, though I have not tried any stage on Extreme yet.

If you're not already doing so: Throw a bunch of properly-themed junk onto your properly-themed-module wearing Performer for massive boosts to Voltage

pariah164

alternatively do all songs on ex
normal clears on the first had me at 800/900
unless it scales up each time, orz.
Some of these songs on Extreme scare me. Not sure which ones off the top of my head. Right now, I'm just focusing on unlocking the song modules. Based Snow Miku 2011 makes the grind so much easier.

Soulflarz

Banned
Some of these songs on Extreme scare me. Not sure which ones off the top of my head. Right now, I'm just focusing on unlocking the song modules. Based Snow Miku 2011 makes the grind so much easier.

Yeaah, mikus a game that until EX is common for you, it's scary, but once you get used to it, anything lower kind of hurts to play.

ChrisD

So I still really like Hajimete no Oto/First Sound, and in reading these English lyrics I can see why they made it such a large part of the game's advertising beforehand. Honestly, I enjoy the song more now, knowing (roughly, translations are still interpretations) what's being said.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvilPandaAttack/status/771255947251503105/photo/1

I don't know I'll ever be able to top my score now. I'm playing on a DS4 with headphones wired through them as it's late and the Mini Controller, despite being p quiet, is still a bit loud for this time of night. But holy *, it's working so well. I felt good when I got it to 42 last month!

SimonM7

Have they said anything about future DLC for this? I love the songs in here, and there's a lot of incentive to replay them beyond my base level crippling Diva addiction, but at the same time it's a bummer if we can't have some non-Miku songs benefit from this framework and gameplay.

Redhood

Have they said anything about future DLC for this? I love the songs in here, and there's a lot of incentive to replay them beyond my base level crippling Diva addiction, but at the same time it's a bummer if we can't have some non-Miku songs benefit from this framework and gameplay.

I feel now that both the ps4 and vita are released worldwide we might see a full dlc schedule soon.

Smilax

I feel now that both the ps4 and vita are released worldwide we might see a full dlc schedule soon.

I hope so, I was playing the game last night and I was surprised to see how small the track list was. Still however, i'm enjoying it. I'm wondering if I should double dip and get it on PS4 as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hope so, I was playing the game last night and I was surprised to see how small the track list was. Still however, i'm enjoying it. I'm wondering if I should double dip and get it on PS4 as well.

The track list is one of the reasons I would suggest FT over PDX right now. PDX is a ton of fun, but the track list is really lacking. The medleys are neat additions, but nothing burns harder than playing only a short clip of Freely Tomorrow or Ageage Again.

Also, I enjoy the unlocking of new modulus, but I've played 7 tracks as Rin and keep getting the same module. That's going to make my life a small hell.

Top Bottom