• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever seen a MAGA hat in the wild...?

Naudi

Banned
Wow. You clearly cant have a conversation. Yes its funny to me any many others that anything Trump related pisses you off. What in your opinion is the absolute worst thing Trump has done?

You're not worth conversing with. Enjoy your laughs though.

What in your opinion is the absolute worst thing Trump has done?
Saying there were good people on the side of people chanting "blood and soil" and "jews will not replace us" while one of their number drove a car into a crowd was a pretty shitty thing to do. Having to have notes about how to empathize with children who have survived a school shooting doesn't reflect well either.

JordanN

Banned
Nope, but I'm in Canada so it's expected.

Getting offended by the hat is silly though. Trump is President and his supporters weren't going to disappear.
Rather than take offense at memorabilia, do something more effective like voting.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Saying there were good people on the side of people chanting "blood and soil" and "jews will not replace us" while one of their number drove a car into a crowd was a pretty shitty thing to do. Having to have notes about how to empathize with children who have survived a school shooting doesn't reflect well either.
....So his words made you mad. That's fine. I believe he said there were good and bad people on BOTH sides. Your taking what he said out of context, but whatever. Having a few prepared points during a public forum is pretty common too. So to get it right, nothing he has done has negatively impacted you, just some things he said or a piece of paper with the words 'i hear you' on it. Im ok with this. I was talking about policy wise but those are fair points. not the most damning or terrible things ever but fair enough.

TrainedRage

Banned
You're not worth conversing with. Enjoy your laughs though.

Trump literally drove people insane. Its great. Like when they cant even name a single permanent policy that has negatively impacted them. They wont even engage in a discussion with people outside 'muh bubble', instead they turn on each other like with the recent Bernie Sanders tweet. What a great time to be alive.

....Ah that feels nice.

No but seriously this is just sad. I will still be here if you ever want to have a conversation. Maybe we could learn something from each other?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
The state I reside in is primarily republican (with a large number of Trump Supporters), and i have yet to see a MAGA hat in the wild. Even here, people usually keep politics to themselves/family.

This is anecdotal but since the start of this year , in Florida, I don't see anymore trump supporters being vocal period. The ones I know personally but who voted for him have all pretty much changed their stance , for some reason the recent attempt at a "gun grab" was the final straw. So forums like these might be safe harbor for you guys haha. The guy with the trump gun, silliest shit I've seen lmao.

Singular7

After all of those beatings against MAGA hat wearers (including a few old people, and a guy in a wheel chair) it's basically gone underground.

Conservatives are seen as Nazi's in the USA, MAGA hat wearers are Hitler.

Last edited:

Rudelord

After all of those beatings against MAGA hat wearers (including a few old people, and a guy in a wheel chair) it's basically gone underground.

That depends on where you live. You'd be hard pressed to find someone getting their ass beat in say, Alabama or some other conservative leaning state over someone wearing a hat.

Kibbles

Worse, just today driving home saw someone with two Infowars bumper stickers as well as a "hillary for prison 2016" one... :| I think I saw one once around election time, but that's about it. Always do a double take when I see an old person wearing a red hat though.

BlueAlpaca

They're seen as Nazis by the totalitarian left.

Interesting that those conservative 'nazis' never beat up people wearing guevara shirts, infinitely more disgusting than any MAGA hat.

Knob Creek

Banned
No, and I live in a very red area that voted for Trump pretty heavily. Some signs and bumper stickers, but not hats. Normal people tend not to go around trying to make political statements and invite political arguments in their day to day lives, left or right.

Last edited:
I work at an Amazon fulfillment center and have to ship one out occasionally. I can only hope they are for early Halloween costumes.

Trump literally drove people insane. Its great. Like when they cant even name a single permanent policy that has negatively impacted them. They wont even engage in a discussion with people outside 'muh bubble', instead they turn on each other like with the recent Bernie Sanders tweet. What a great time to be alive.

I feel like it's incredibly reductive to act imply that the effect of the de-facto leader of one of the biggest countries in the world is confined to the policies he signs into law. Especially when that leader is someone who is an alleged sexual assaulter and someone you can argue is pretty racist.

BANGS

Banned
Especially when that leader is someone who is an alleged sexual assaulter and someone you can argue is pretty racist.
You can blame the left for perverting those terms so much that they're practically meaningless... It's gotten to the point where if someone is called racist I assume nothing about them...

Last edited:
You can blame the left for perverting those terms so much that they're practically meaningless... It's gotten to the point where if someone is called racist I assume nothing about them...

Yes, but when you look at Trump's resume of things he has said and done, both before and after his presidency, it's not hard to see why they're awful and why POC tend to not like him. If you think the terms are meaningless, then ignore the terms and look at the actual things that he's done.

TrainedRage

Banned
Yes, but when you look at Trump's resume of things he has said and done, both before and after his presidency, it's not hard to see why they're awful and why POC tend to not like him. If you think the terms are meaningless, then ignore the terms and look at the actual things that he's done.
I could say the same about the Clintons and many other past presidential candidates. It's a weak attack IMO.

Spheyr

Banned
You mean the guy whose car was under attack and fled, accidentally hitting some pedestrians, who turned himself in peacefully and was remorseful that he had accidentally hurt anyone let alone been involved in a death?

I could say the same about the Clintons and many other past presidential candidates. It's a weak attack IMO.

It's not a weak attack IMO when Trump has done all these things to such a great extent. Maybe I'm missing something because I'm not from the US, but has anyone else acted like this while showing almost no remorse? And this is all just talking about why people think he's an asshole and not worthy to represent their country on the world stage, not any of the other reasons why he may be harmful.

BANGS

Banned
I don't see what your skin color has to do with who you agree with politically, so long as you are a free thinker using critical thinking skills and not just some sheep...

Nothing wrong with hating on Trump, just do it with your own brain...

You mean the guy whose car was under attack and fled, accidentally hitting some pedestrians, who turned himself in peacefully and was remorseful that he had accidentally hurt anyone let alone been involved in a death?

Sounds a lot like BS.
Prosecutors argued for the upgraded charges, which require them to show premeditation, by showing video of Fields backing up his car before accelerating into the crowd at Fourth and Water Streets in downtown Charlottesville.

I don't see what your skin color has to do with who you agree with politically, so long as you are a free thinker using critical thinking skills and not just some sheep...

Nothing wrong with hating on Trump, just do it with your own brain...

It matters when a political figure has a proven track record of treating people of colour worse, using people's skin colour as a point to attack them and protecting people who discriminate against others. I don't see how that's irrelevant.

Spheyr

Banned
It matters when a political figure has a proven track record of treating people of colour worse, using people's skin colour as a point to attack them and protecting people who discriminate against others. I don't see how that's irrelevant.
I thought this thread was about Trump, not Obama

BANGS

Banned

He's a president who only makes federal level decisions, he can't possibly do anything that would target citizens based on race...

I thought this thread was about Trump, not Obama

BaDum Tss. Maybe I'm ignorant, but I haven't ever seen Obama do anything around the scale of Trump.

He's a president who only makes federal level decisions, he can't possibly do anything that would target citizens based on race...

A president's power and influence isn't solely in the federal level decisions he makes.

MazeHaze

Banned
This is pretty gross dude. You don't need to be an apologist/defender of a guy at a Nazi rally who ran a girl over. Plenty of those mother fuckers joked about running protesters over all the time. Then one of them does it and you try to blame the people protesting the Nazis. Not a good look. It's obvious to anybody who's seen that video that it was intentional.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Come to think of it... no, I don't think I have. Lots of Trump yard signs, flags, stickers, etc etc. But no MAGA hats.

Spheyr

Banned
This is pretty gross dude. You don't need to be an apologist/defender of a guy at a Nazi rally who ran a girl over. Plenty of those mother fuckers joked about running protesters over all the time. Then one of them does it and you try to blame the people protesting the Nazis. Not a good look. It's obvious to anybody who's seen that video that it was intentional.
I saw the video. I also saw the abundance of bats and other melee weapons by the "peaceful protesters" gathered around. I don't believe it was intentional.

BANGS

Banned
I saw the video. I also saw the abundance of bats and other melee weapons by the "peaceful protesters" gathered around. I don't believe it was intentional.
I have my reservations about this as well, but you're not allowed to talk about it...

Believe I saw one today, but couldn't get a glimpse of the person wearing the hat. I would not be surprised though as the old man had a "spay & neuter the liberals" bumper sticker on his vehicle.

Spheyr

Banned
Believe I saw one today, but couldn't get a glimpse of the person wearing the hat. I would not be surprised though as the old man had a "spay & neuter the liberals" bumper sticker on his vehicle.
Pfft. They're spaying and neutering themselves, just be patient.

Yes. Many times, in many places, on many people. Some would say "well, yeah, you're in texas" except that I'm in a major city which makes it a lot less common.

Kacho

I live in Northern Virginia which is mostly democratic and have never seen a MAGA hat. I did see plenty of Trump signs in yards before the election.

lachesis

Never seen one in person in NYC - but I've seen trump support signs etc in rural areas. First, I was scared, but now I know a couple of relatives and neighbors who are republican. They are good folks. I don't agree with some of their views, but it doesn't change who they are - so I don't mind.

If I see a MAGA in wild, I would raise an eyebrow - but won't say anything nor try to harm them. It's their right to do and believe and practice their votes, even if it's different from my own. I am seeing the bubble that I am in, so I am trying my best to look beyond.

Cleared_Hot

I live in DC, so unfortunately yes. In every tourist area they sell them on carts, and whenever a big right-wing political rally is in town big families arrive on buses all wearing the MAGA hat.

I'm not surprised if nobody outside of DC is seeing them, though, we're definitely an exception.

I'm not a trump supporter by any means but my goodness it's a hat and millions of people voted for him. "Ugh I once saw a trump supporter! Oh gawd!!!"

notathing

Banned
About an year ago I saw a group of four or five of middle-aged men wearing those in the subway. I live in Bulgaria. Wasn't shocking or anything but it made an impression to me. Still wondering would a would grown man do such a thing

Never in the wild, but that may be because the MAGA hats are a terrible value. Seriously, $30 for an official one? That's pretty close to price gouging. I have seen, however, A large (maybe 15'x6') sign with the words, "Trump MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN on 11/8/2016." The sign doesn't make sense. How can you make a country great again when you're not even president yet?

Mohonky

Haha.

I kind of want one (I'm in Australia) just because it seems like the sort of dumbshit tacky sort of thing a tourist would buy. Good for a laugh.

But then I'd be giving him (and the GOP) money and I wouldnt want to do that. Plus I dunno what would be worse, someone coming up and wanting to argue with you for having it or someone coming up and actually thinking I'd agree with their political persuasion.

Spheyr

Banned
Never in the wild, but that may be because the MAGA hats are a terrible value. Seriously, $30 for an official one? That's pretty close to price gouging. I have seen, however, A large (maybe 15'x6') sign with the words, "Trump MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN on 11/8/2016." The sign doesn't make sense. How can you make a country great again when you're not even president yet?
It's not just paying for "a hat," it's also a political donation

Yes, I know the proceeds go to the campaign. In my opinion, there's still better stuff you can get on the website for roughly the same donation amount. Who doesn't want one of these?:

Trump/Pence Website said:
NA10-1_3519611f-e07a-4724-82fe-bbb4ddd890b0_900x900.jpg

Now that takes balls.

buizel

Banned

Aha, you should see the mark up on clothes from Dolce & Gabana, Gucci or even Superdry. You're looking at sometimes almost 10x the production costs (worked as website manager for premium clothing store, saw the docs..).

Rich people have no idea about costs me thinks, like when bill gates tried to guess prices of shopping items. Hilarious how his prices just wildly vary based on last item. What a guy.

edit: woo first post! WASUP TRUMPETS?! jks.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
LOL .... Wait your serious. :confused:

Top Bottom