• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hawk and Dove cast for Titans TV Series

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ah, they're planning for a possible spin-off. That explains why they went a wee bit "bigger" with the casting of these two. This is the final nail in the coffin on Ritchson being Shazam though. Fiddlesticks. 😢

Palmer_v1

Is Hawk a comedic character? Don't know shit about them.

Thad, however, was the best damn thing about Blue Mountain State.

d41962cd87d5842e3cad1be3b31c4cde.245x144x55.gif

night814

Hawk and Dove actually have a pretty interesting background. They are living breathing peace treaties. The Lords of Order and The Lords of Chaos decided they will create avatars in order to end the war between them.

Dove keeps Hawk from going nuclear and Hawk keeps Dove from just being a bystander. A lot of meat to work with if someone cared
If someone cares of course, they could do a whole season about chaos/order in the DCU.

The streaming market is over-saturated as is

Are there really a ton of people out there dying to add another streaming service to their monthly bills so they can watch this?

You make it sound like this is the hook for the streaming service when they're going to have the DC library to give to fans and potentially a digital comic service too.

If you're a comic book fan you'd be crazy to not try it out.

Checking the link, Grayson has been cast as well. That just leaves Beast Boy from the initial casting call that we saw. Curious to see who else is going to appear in the show.

Dali

I thought dove was a dude. At least that's what justice league unlimited taught me. That show is responsible for like 99% of my knowledge of dc characters outside the staples.

I always thought Deadman could have his own show. Kinda of like the Pretender.
Before Arrow, there was originally rumors of that being the DC show to replace Smallville.

If I recall, it was apparently pitched as a Quantum Leap-esque show, with a different person to possess each week.

Dali

Before Arrow, there was originally rumors of that being the DC show to replace Smallville.

If I recall, it was apparently pitched as a Quantum Leap-esque show, with a different person to possess each week.
The problem with that is Sam Becket couldn't control his leaps and on top of that he could actually die if the person he jumped in dies. So any danger that befell his host had stakes but also he had no real choice in possessing them. My understanding of deadman (once again from jl unlimited) is he possesses people. Like just car jacks them. He'd come across as a big asshole and putting his host in any danger has no stakes for him and makes him an even bigger asshole. I guess that's why we got arrow.

The problem with that is Sam Becket couldn't control his leaps and on top of that he could actually die if the person he jumped in dies. So any danger that befell his host had stakes but also he had no real choice in possessing them. My understanding of deadman (once again from jl unlimited) is he possesses people. Like just car jacks them. He'd come across as a big asshole and putting his host in any danger has no stakes for him and makes him an even bigger asshole. I guess that's why we got arrow.
I mean it's not a one-to-one obviously. Just the base premise of possessing a different person each week. Add in an overlapping supernatural mystery and you've got a solid TV series for at least a season.

I fail to see how using QL's base premise is a problem for a Deadman show.

Slayven

I mean it's not a one-to-one obviously. Just the base premise of possessing a different person each week. Add in an overlapping supernatural mystery and you've got a solid TV series for at least a season.

I fail to see how using QL's base premise is a problem for a Deadman show.

I remember those rumors. Yeah Deadman isn't a dick he isn't going to get people killed. The mystery figuring out who murdered him, plus interacting with the supernatural community would be dope as fuck. Madam Xanadau could be supporting, and hell he could live in the house of Mystery

Joni

Interesting to see if Minka Kelly will be good in this.

Before Arrow? Before Smallville even. That is how long they had been trying that. On the other hand, it feels like they have been trying that for years with Titans as well.

I remember those rumors. Yeah Deadman isn't a dick he isn't going to get people killed. The mystery figuring out who murdered him, plus interacting with the supernatural community would be dope as fuck. Madam Xanadau could be supporting, and hell he could live in the house of Mystery
God it would be so cool.
Before Arrow? Before Smallville even. That is how long they had been trying that. On the other hand, it feels like they have been trying that for years with Titans as well.
Oh really? I wasn't aware that it was that long. I just remember with all the rumors and "news" regarding CW scrambling to replace Smallville with another big DC property. Then there was talk of a Green Arrow show, which many thought would use Ollie from Smallville, however they instead chose to do a full reboot.

Slayven

God it would be so cool.

Oh really? I wasn't aware that it was that long. I just remember with all the rumors and "news" regarding CW scrambling to replace Smallville with another big DC property. Then there was talk of a Green Arrow show, which many thought would use Ollie from Smallville, however they instead chose to do a full reboot.

It's a shame it will never be done.

Top Bottom