• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Head count: Do you own an AMD or NVIDIA GPU?

What brand of discrete GPU do you use in your primary gaming computer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ape

Banned
Since there seems to be more PC gamers on here than ever before I wanted to see what the split was between gpu manufacturers. Also, why did you decide on AMD/NVIDIA?

e: thank you for the poll

Durante

I'm not sure what this will achieve beyond e.g. the Steam HW survey results, but I'll play.

I own an NV GPU (a 970) and I'm very happy with it except for coil whine at high framerates. I went NV (and have done so for years after being on ATI for a few generations) because I prefer their software ecosystem.

Eblo

NVidia GeForce 860 here. I wasn't extremely picky about the GPU when picking a computer; a friend has the same model computer and said he could run modern games at high end settings so I just bought it without a second thought.

Circa 2011 AMD GPU.

Getting kinda old for the newest games but most of the really high end games aren't stuff I'm interested so I have no plans to replace it any time soon.

Pjsprojects

Currently Nvidea but an ageing Gtx580 3gb. I've looked at upgrades but unless I spend £200 I can't see it worthwhile.

The R9-280x did appeal but it turns out to be a HD7870 which can be bought much cheaper.

Bottom line is I'd like to go with team red due to prices but support seems to be with Nvidea.

NV

Titan X

I decided on NV primarily due to the current performance profile (nothing beats the TItan X) and due to driver features like MFAA, SGSSAA, Adaptive Sync, and inject-able HBAO+ (as long as it works). Also NV has better legacy support from personal experience and I play a number of older DX and OGL titles.

Mike Golf

AMD 7970 Ghz Edition.

In April 2013 it was the best single GPU card they offered and it bested the GTX 680 in a good few benchmarks, especially at 1440p which was my monitor's resolution. Looking to upgrade within a year or so and not sure if I'll stay AMD as their 6 month driver update gap isn't sitting well with me right now.

Dunkley

I'm still rocking a GTX 260

tumblr_m56u5oWvJa1qht847.gif

Ape

Banned
Why?

GTX 970 - Software(DSR before VSR was revealed, Linux, before 3.5GB fiasco 4GB for "future proofing".

What do you mean why? It seems like a perfect place to get some real input along with the pc building thread.

schuey7

Got both. A 7950 for my pc and 770m for my laptop.I actually have had ZERO problems with amd drivers etc and will go for amd whenever possible but their mobile parts are crap.Plus I feel that AMD are less likely to kill the performance of older cards via suboptimal drivers than Nvidia and they seem more future proof in terms of dx12 support.
Edit. Before this had an nvidia 8800gts .

Chobel

I have NVIDIA GTX 970.

I choose it not because of the brand, but its benchmarks were way too good for its price, and more importantly I was able to afford it. No regrets, the card is excellent.

Top Bottom