• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Head count: Do you own an AMD or NVIDIA GPU?

What brand of discrete GPU do you use in your primary gaming computer?

Results are only viewable after voting.
GTX 780, it's still more than capable for the games I've played but as soon as the Vive drops I need something with more omph, can't wait it out until Pascal is here. I need my fix this year, probably buy a 980ti.

Also, why Nvidia? I actually don't know for sure, I like their involvement in physics for games and shadowplay etc.

LeleSocho

Banned
ATI HD4830

tumblr_m56u5oWvJa1qht847.gif

Mets9

Can't vote, but I have a HD 6850 (yeah, old card, planning an upgrade soon and probably I'll go with a Nvidia card).

shockdude

Laptop with an Nvidia GT 755M, which is equivalent to a desktop GTX 650.
I don't expect to play too many new games this generation, so it should be fine.

Birathen

Nvidia 780. built my PC last year with a AMD card from The start but a problem that turned out not being related to The AMD card had me switch it for the 780.

I have to preference. Will try AMD for food.

Denton

I can't vote :/

Anyway, I had GTX560Ti until january 2014 when I got AMD 280X, and yesterday I got GTX 970.

Come to think of it, I am very consistently switching brands:

geforce 2 mx400 - geforce 3 Ti 200 - Radeon X800 - Radeon X1900XT - Geforce 560Ti - AMD 280X - Geforce 970

I wanted to get Radeon 390, but it will come too late and too pricey, so fuck that. 970 gives me 60fps in Witcher 3 which is what I needed.

I have no loyalty to any brand. Always simply buy what I feel is the best bang/buck at any given moment.

MisterM

I today swapped my 7870 Xt to a GTX 970. It's my first nVidia card ever I believe.

9800pro - 3850 - 6850 - 7870XT - GTX 970.

I have no real preference but ATi / AMD have always offered a better price/performance ratio imo. A 290X wouldn't fit it my current case though and I like that the 970 uses nearly half the power of my old 7870xt.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I've had a GTX270, 570, 780ti and did a step up to a 980. I did rock a Radeon 9700 Pro for a long time back in the day though, and my TNT2 ran Quake III like a champ

GTX 970.

Went from an HD 6950. I thought the GTX 970 gave very good performance for its price, Shadowplay seemed interesting. I got microstuttering in a bunch of games with my HD 6950 and I grew tired of it.

Extra game was nice too and the Nvidia settings in games are good too.

GTX 780. May swap back to AMD next time, since my Nvidia experience hasn't been noticeably better than my previous AMD one. It'll depend whats out there at the time I guess.

AMD HD6870 at the moment, had it for over 3 years now, would upgrade but I'm waiting for the VR headsets to come out and see what the best choice will be.

Dario ff

Banned
AMD 6870 HD dying and Shadowplay made me switch to Nvidia. GTX 760 and recently got a GTX 970. AMD had also broken downsampling completely with a driver update back when I made the switch, so it was pretty much a peak point of frustration.

I have a GTX 970 in my main PC and a GTX 670 in the secondary PC. I did have an AMD R7 265 in there, which is a nice little card for middling settings at 1080/60, but replaced it with the 670 when I upgraded to the 970.

A poor old GTX 570 trying to chug along at 2560 x 1440 - it's going about as well as you'd expect, especially for the Witcher 3.

Looking to upgrade to a GTX 970/980 depending on if AMD have really astonishing news at Computex or not.

AMD.

Not that anyone probably cares but here's my card history.

TNT -> TNT2 -> Geforce 2 > Geforce 3 -> 9700PRO -> 9800PRO -> X1800XL -> 4890 -> 6950 -> 7950.

Sendou

I use Nvidia (GTX 680 2GB) for my gaming PC. Before that I used AMD (HD 4890) but I didn't have such a good experience with it so I think I'm going to use Nvidia from now on.

Top Bottom