• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Headset Recommendation

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You don't need "surround" headphones for 3D audio on PS5, it's all done through a stereo signal.

If it weren't for your weird RGB requirement I would say just get a pair of good regular cans, they will almost certainly sound better than any gaming-specific headset. That is unless you need a mic of course.

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
a1153-author-pic.jpg

Traxtech

I personally use the Hifiman Edition XS when I don't need a mic and the Sennheiser PC38x when I do. Best combo I've ever used.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Which version did you go with? I need it to work on both consoles so having to hold off until I read some hands on reports how the Xbox verison work with the PS5
IM on PS5 and PC so went for that option, but like the steelseries I imagine that the Xbox version would work with ps5 via the PC mode,

IM on PS5 and PC so went for that option, but like the steelseries I imagine that the Xbox version would work with ps5 via the PC mode,
Audeze have said it should work but with reduced functionality and volume. That's why I have to wait for some hands on impressions. I'm hoping it works fine and they are just covering themselves.

-Minsc-

Not doing wired every again myself.
There is no drawback to wireless. There is no hiss, no hum and sound quality is great. And you can wire if you want to... at least some headsets

no drawbacks, provided youre not too critical.

youre transmitting audio over bluetooth, which is slow. currently there are no lossless codecs.
then theres codecs... and there are a handful. have to make sure your headphones and source support the right codecs.
latency... it differs between codes and sources, and its basically always in the 100s of milliseconds.
amplification is handled within the headphone, so you cant upgrade it.
wireless headphones in general tend to be low/mid tier headphones.

im wearing a pair of sony xm4s right now, and they super convenient and i like them (and i hate cables)... but there's a white noise hiss when no music is playing, and they sound good... but not great.
I suppose what I need to do is give some headphones a test drive and see what I think. Only I can say how picky I am.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Any thoughts on the Corsair HS80 or Logitech G733? or for about the same price would you be better off just getting something like the beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro if you don't really care about the mic?

Last edited:
When can we expect Audeze Maxwell reviews? I have the Penrose but I would be interested in grabbing it if the improvements go beyond just a better/larger battery.

calistan

Any thoughts on the Corsair HS80 or Logitech G733? or for about the same price would you be better off just getting something like the beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro if you don't really care about the mic?
I suspect any decent set of headphones from a company that's dedicated to making such things will sound better than anything a PC peripherals manufacturer can come up with. I haven't tried any of those specific models but I have a set of Beyerdynamic 990s, which is the open back version of the 770, and they're quite basic but sound good.

I had a set of Corsair USB headphones a while back, but I found the software quite annoying and I eventually had to throw them out because the coating on the fake leather headband started flaking off everywhere. It was like a shower of black dandruff every time I took them off.

Top Bottom