• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Russian flavour text is way wackier than English flavour text:

Druid of the Fang:
(The Druids of the Fang live in the Wailing Caverns. They wear cool snake shirts and tell snake jokes and say "bro" a lot.)

Лохматый, бородатый и пишет на Питоне.

Messy, bearded and writes in Python.

Enhance-o Mechano:
(His enhancements are gluten free!)

Его усиления совершенно безопасны для здоровья и одобрены антидопинговой комиссией!

His enhancements are completely healthy and endorsed by the anti-doping committee!

Tacitus_

Yeah i don't know what the fuck is up with EU arena but the decks i faced at 3+ are ridiculous bordering on constructed lvl decks. Meanwhile i cant draft a truesilver champ to save my life great balance in this game.

RNGesus just wasn't on my side today. I got my Avenge stolen by a kezan mystic TWO GAMES IN A ROW.

My saltiness was starting to approach Reynad levels for a moment.

RNGesus just wasn't on my side today. I got my Avenge stolen by a kezan mystic TWO GAMES IN A ROW.

I just really need to quit playing when i lose like a ridiculous match in arena and come back when rage doesn't cloud my decisions. Ive been on a pretty bad streak lately in arena just terrible drafts.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Getting a Shadowbomber as your only Rare or better card in a GvG pack….

I'd rather get a crappy epic than any other GvG rare. I'm happy whenever I get a pack that's something other than 4 commons 1 rare these days.

I'd rather get a crappy epic than any other GvG. I'm happy whenever I get a pack that's something other than 4 commons 1 rare these days.

So true my last 5 packs have been 1 rare packs its starting the discourage me. Especially with the limited card pool.

I really wish we could choose what pack reward we want in arena or make it random 50/50.

I've actually stopped picking secrets all together in arena, with kezan it's just not worth the risk.

Kezan is rare. Playing around rares is kinda dumb IMO.

I've gotten screwed by Kezan enough times in arena to where it's just not worth it anymore.

edit: I've had it happen more often lately that my secret will just get stolen than actually work in my favor, and despite it being a rare I see it quite often. It's a popular choice imo.

ZealousD

I rarely ever see it. In fact I don't think I've had a secret stolen once. You just had a string of bad luck, don't consider it representative.

I'm not knocking legit Priest players but it seems like EVERY time I play some doofus who takes the whole time to play their turns it's always Priest. It really makes it that much worse because even when they are bad it just takes that much longer to beat them.
If anything rakes me a long time, it's always calculating Wild Pyro damange. You have to since a lot of games hinge on doing it right.

johnsmith

remember me
Kezan is an ok pick since arena is so full of paladins and mages, but I'd never pick it over an azure drake or something good. And I'll never willingly draft a secret if I can help it.

Lyng

Fucking zoo players. Anyone claiming it requires even a single braincell to pilot zoo is just making up shit too make himself feel better.

Tacitus_

I've actually stopped picking secrets all together in arena, with kezan it's just not worth the risk.

Nah, it was just some hilariously bad luck. I've seen it whiff (or not seen it at all) way more often than it's worked. For those one off tech cards I'm more afraid of MC tech anyway.

ZealousD

Fucking zoo players. Anyone claiming it requires even a single braincell to pilot zoo is just making up shit too make himself feel better.

Let me know once you get to Legend with the deck.

Can't decide if I want to craft Neptulon, Sneed's Old Shredder or The Black Knight.

Shaman is my favorite class but Sneed's and TBK seem worthy as well.

If I had the dust to craft any legend, it would be Sneed's just because it'd give me a non-arena way to sample playing all the other legends I don't have.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
RNheUMd.jpg

It's moments like this that really show me why i love Hearthstone, i managed to get the only card in my deck that would allow to me to do the exact amount of damage in order to win, damn i still can't believe i won oh and i had a bomb in my deck. Not pictured: Large amounts of salt.

How can Blizzard not do anything about Undertaker.

What should they do? I don't see it as a particularly big problem because every deck has a way to deal with them. Especially in GvG you would be crazy not to run at least one silence if it gets out of hand.

Even in Hunter I think it isn't so much the undertaker that kills you, it is the kill command off the back of it.

johnsmith

remember me
I imagine Cogmaster was designed as a early counter for him, which works well as long as you have a mech in hand to play for turn 2 to buff him if undertaker is dropped turn 1.

The neutral counter is ironbeak owl. Cogmaster would just get killed while it was still at 1 attack.

Had my first decent arena run. Only been playing a few weeks and usually I go 1-3. Tonight I started 0-2. Rattled off 4 wins in a row then lost a heartbreaker to a mage. We were both under 5 hp and nothing on the board. He drew a damn fireball to kill me.

Nothing special for rewards but I'm happy I did so well with a druid since I haven't played the class much. It's starting to grow on me though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So on the real do we actually have any hints on what Blizzard is gonna do next?

I know the idea is to swing back to Naxx like DLC, but do we have any hints on what or when?

So on the real do we actually have any hints on what Blizzard is gonna do next?

I know the idea is to swing back to Naxx like DLC, but do we have any hints on what or when?

They haven't even confirmed what sort of release method they are going to use next. I wouldn't say it is guaranteed to be a new adventure mode because last time they talked about what is next they said they were still deciding on how and when card expansions will be planned going forward.

I'd personally rather have another 120ish card expansion than just another small adventure mode. And then maybe instead of getting a small adventure mode we get a larger adventure mode with more substance later down the road.

I'd be down for more Adventure Modes. I wonder what the work load is like compared between a full card expansion vs an adventure mode with less cards. Might be around the same but each are just focused on different areas.

I think undertaker shouldn't gain both health and attack, but if that nerf is too drastic changing it to a 1/1 or making it cost 2 is probably the bare minimum nerf, probably more if they really want the card to not be auto-include in every hunter deck til the end of time. If a naked undertaker can be removed with generic hero powers and not require a turn 2 or 3 removal spell (even if it's a 1 for 1 trade at a mana deficit, you can't lose momentum like that versus fast decks like hunter) then I think it's a good start.

It's way way better than any other 1-drop in the game, even if it somehow isn't theoretically game-breaking it's still extremely poor balance. A 1-drop minion shouldn't force your opponent to play from behind for 5 turns if you happen to have it in your opening hand.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I want Karazhan adventure mode!

I've thought this ever since Naxx hit that their price model boxes them in though.

There are what 10+ bosses in Kara if you include optional bosses. Plus the dungeon itself isn't exactly setup perfectly into wings ala Naxx.

So how do they morph dungeons that are more free flowing into Naxx and fit that into their $5 per wing pricing model?

ZealousD

In arena I almost always pick it if I see it. Too many mages lurking.

Well sure, even if everybody picked it when they saw it, that doesn't mean it's common. It's still a rare. Rares can be hard to get.

Don't know about that, I always play around MCT in Arena. I never play 4 minions on the board unless absolutely necessary.

Also dumb. Watch the best arena streamers and you'll see they only play around MCT when they're already way far ahead. You can't let yourself fall behind on tempo just because you're scared of a card that most people won't even have in their decks.

Probably the happiest I've ever been after winning a game.
Guy's deck was so annoying

I've thought this ever since Naxx hit that their price model boxes them in though.

There are what 10+ bosses in Kara if you include optional bosses. Plus the dungeon itself isn't exactly setup perfectly into wings ala Naxx.

So how do they morph dungeons that are more free flowing into Naxx and fit that into their $5 per wing pricing model?

Karazhan has a lot of bosses, some that are randomly chosen like the Opera Event so they could split them into multiple fights if they wanted.
There's also the chess event. I wonder how they would do that.

Chojin

So yeah I been playing for about a month. I downloaded it a while back but didn't really start to dig in until GvG expansion. Like a fool I spent 700 of my gold buying the first wing of Nax. I thought gold was plentiful due to all the achievements I was getting. I bought the rest of the wing just today and finished all the quests save for heroic. Prior to that I was grinding and doing arena.

Doing arena I was able to craft key cards like Azure Drake and Argus Defender and built a shitty rogue deck going aggro and combo to deal that damage. Then I started to craft some mechs and win mechs and did better with mechs. But yeah... Still not good enough for ranked play, only got to like 16 last season and currently stuck on 17. So Today I bought the rest of Nax and finished it up and tried out low budget deathrattle mixed with some mechs like autobarber. Doing MUCH better.

I've been playing magic over 15 years and while I like Magic better, sometimes its refreshing to have such a small card pool and quick play. Its a fun diversion. The dailies keep me going and I usually grind on the weekdays to play arena on the weekends. It's slow and I don't plan to spend more money unless its stuff like Nax but it'll be fun enough to grind up to craft that key card I want in a deck.

I dunno why I picked Rogue as my main, I'm not a fan of aggro decks, I think some of the packs I opened had got me to go into that direction. I never even heard of Miracle Rogue until a few weeks ago, and yeah that deck is pretty much dead and I won't be able to afford it so maybe I'll switch over to Pally or Warrior Control, at least make janky versions until I can craft key cards, but really at this point my real plan is to craft key neutral cards that'll fit in most decks, this lets me take care of dailies which fuels more cards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom