• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ibcdOxMrICmSab.png
Can't... stop... laughing.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
the funny part is, they'd make the boombots 0/1s and Boom himself a 6/6. and he would still get played.

Uh, at 0/1 the boom bots serve almost no purpose. They would only get activated on AOEs or buffs. So then he'd just be an overcosted 6/6 with crummy AoE protection. Troggzor would be strictly better.

ZealousD

Make Dr. Boom summon the 2 bombs as a deathrattle.

I like the effect of them summoning immediately, and making the effect a deathrattle makes the card even weirder to deal with. I don't think we should be encouraging more creatures to be silenced. I don't want a Hearthstone where everybody is forced to run 2 owls.

Haly

Remember when hard removal mattered?
Assassinate.gif
Me neither.

Brofist

I like the effect of them summoning immediately, and making the effect a deathrattle makes the card even weirder to deal with. I don't think we should be encouraging more creatures to be silenced. I don't want a Hearthstone where everybody is forced to run 2 owls.

Forcing your opponent to play 2 owls makes it sound like my version would be a buff to Boom.

ZealousD

Remember when hard removal mattered?
Assassinate.gif
Me neither.

The problem with Assassinate is that it doesn't have an effective silence like Polymorph or Hex. If it did it would be run a lot more in constructed. In Arena its still a very nice card.

I disagree with UTH being a necessary part of the meta, especially with it being really great in only one deck and how much more utility and scaling it has over every other 1 drop. People have always said how hunter would be dead after their X flavor of the week gets nerfed, but that's never been true. Their new cards are sort of balls, sure, but I think mad scientist will forever make that class playable even if undertaker didn't somehow exist.
Bgh needs a nerf too. Makes too many cards unplayable.

There's the BGH meta now, where everyone runs as many high-power minions as they want because fuck it he only has one BGH and maybe two if he likes losing to aggro. It's way more balanced than any of the other cards people are discussing, and not as stupid a removal minion as tinkmaster.

Miletius

Ramp seems to slow for the meta now, and it's only been like few days since it was hot stuff. Or maybe it was just my luck today. I did beat a fatigue mage with it though, so that felt nice. Can't live through dat burst.

Ramp seems to slow for the meta now, and it's only been like few days since it was hot stuff. Or maybe it was just my luck today. I did beat a fatigue mage with it though, so that felt nice. Can't live through dat burst.

It beats Control Warrior and Handlock, but it can be hard versus hunters (freezing trap more than undertaker nonsense). I haven't played vs enough of the other decks to really get a feel for it, but it's definitely not a deck to run around rank 6 (where I'm at right now) because of how many hunters there are.

these Dr.Boom nerfs sound just like the #BUFFLARS meme for Tekken, if people are familiar with that game
LMAO @ the end for real.

By the way the minion that Sneed gets is always guaranteed even if he's resurrected so you were guaranteed to get that second Malganis. Still the first Malganis was pretty insane nonetheless.

Wait, really? I could've sworn I've gotten different minions out of resurrected sneed's with KT, or is it a different interaction than reincarnate?

Brofist

LMAO @ the end for real.

By the way the minion that Sneed gets is always guaranteed even if he's resurrected so you were guaranteed to get that second Malganis. Still the first Malganis was pretty insane nonetheless.

I've gotten different one before, pretty sure of it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I still think the next way to nerf boom is to allow the bots to hit both sides. Only hitting the enemy makes them really safe.

Brofist

I still think the next way to nerf boom is to allow the bots to hit both sides. Only hitting the enemy makes them really safe.

That would make it pretty unplayable, at least on anything other than an open board.

In addition to my earlier idea of making Dr. Boom a 7/7 with deathrattle that spawns the 2 bombs, some other ideas could be.

Making Boom himself smaller and slightly lower cost. Like a 5/5 with the 2 bombs for 6 mana.

Making the bombs do less damage. Maybe 1-2 damage instead of 1-4.

Spawn 1 bomb instead of 2?

I'm out of ideas :p

Brofist

That would make it pretty unplayable, at least on anything other than an open board.

In addition to my earlier idea of making Dr. Boom a 7/7 with deathrattle that spawns the 2 bombs, some other ideas could be.

Making Boom himself smaller and slightly lower cost. Like a 5/5 with the 2 bombs for 6 mana.

Spawn 1 bomb instead of 2? Change the mana cost to 8?

Haly

Why stop there?

Make Boom a 4/7 and give him two more bombs to "offset" the "nerf".

Mirimar

If they make Dr boom a 6/6 he is even more OP cause he cannot be targeted by BGH.

Spawn 1 bomb instead of 2?

Just take away 2 health and make boom like baron Von geddon. 7/5. Still BGh targetable, just easier to remove. This is the most likely scenario as historically, with overplayed cards, they reduce health. Examples are like argent commander, defender of argus, Illidan.

Just take away 2 health and make boom like baron Von geddon. 7/5. Still BGh targetable, just easier to remove. This is the most likely scenario as historically, with overplayed cards, they reduce health. Examples are like argent commander, defender of argus, Illidan.

Argue had a nerf to his attack, not health.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally a decent pack. Went ahead and bought 15 because I really needed some dust and cards As much time as I spend playing this game i should throw blizzard some money every now and then.

C0pLOCt.jpg

Dahbomb

LMAO @ some of these "nerfs" for Doom. Most of these would buff him especially the ones that take him from 7 damage to 6 damage. BGH is the only thing that keeps Doom in check.

Wait, really? I could've sworn I've gotten different minions out of resurrected sneed's with KT, or is it a different interaction than reincarnate?
I don't know man, every time I have seen Sneed get resurrected he puts out the same minion.

egruntz

shelaughz
Keep getting an error connecting to battle.net and can't get into Hearth. Internet is working fine. I've restarted PC and everything. Servers down or just me? What would cause this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom