• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

yeah I guess some of us that are actually having fun tend to stay away from this thread at times. At some point the meta will change and people will hopefully stop being so salty in this thread and we can have lots of good conversations.

After the Yogg nerf it was so nice. I'd say up til MSoG dropped it was a great nice place to post and discuss the game

But now you cant visit this thread without someone complaining but the same ole thing everyday even tho it's the same group of active posters. havent really been keeping an eye on this thread past few days so maybe there is less complaints bout the same old thing

(I admit I'm no better I always complain about Priests cause I hate getting my stuff stolen)

-----------------------

Oh yeah- been seeing Saraad + Beardo played by Kibler. Also saw some Legend Control shaman running devolve. Very cool it makes me feel good to see some of my predictions have come true.

Most of community always calm down when Brode talking, despite still gonna bitching

Ben Brode is just that charismatic

And they still gonna nerfing too late, new unfun broken card introducing, people bitching again, that's the cycle.

People will always be bitching. Cause they don't like losing. And in card games even the very best players only get like 65% win rates among their peers.

Dahbomb

At least there's 90% less complaints about BS RNG swings.

Was not fun losing to high roll Tuskar Totemic, Spell damage high roll Lightning Storm and of course Yogg.

And these changes may not even have happened if the community hadn't vehemently expressed their distaste for high swing RNG cards. MSG in turn got designed with less RNG on the cards and the game IMO is all the better for it.

And I personally feel that the game would open up even more if Patches got nerfed but that's not going to be a factor because the nerf to PPP will be happening around the time the rotation happens so we won't have this post MSG meta without Patches. Kinda sad that a good set is going to get marred by the Pirates.

PPP is so unnecessarily lazy and ambiguous to begin with. When you say PPP is gonna get nerfed, who the hell knows what you're actually talking about but yourself. There are more than 3 pirates in the game. STB is fine imo. Patches is not. And really none of the other pirates are really talked about as far as I can tell. So say STB if you mean STB or say patches if you mean patches, or whatever card you're talking about. "PPP" refers to something that is not consistent even among different lists in the same class, let alone the breadth of the entire game.

Dahbomb

They are either going to nerf STB or Patches or both. I don't think any other pirate warrants a nerf.

And STB is only really powerful because of Patches. We have had cards like that in the past and arguably even now, it's not that strong. IMO the reason that Blizzard is more focused on STB than Patches is that they have been working on Patches for way too long and they don't want to change the card again after so many iterations.

The cynic in me says they want to nerf the package without giving the Legendary dust refund.

Pwn

The major problem of HS is

It's TOO EXPENSIVE to play and update the game.
Everyone is protecting their investment.

WHY NOT MAKE THE GAME CHEAPER?
is my solution.

https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload/E4dzqdFzgJnS7XKqk3MZiB/?utm_source=hdt&utm_medium=client
- Turn 5 kill against priest using miracle rogue - patches totally balanced, helped me trade for a faerie dragon on turn 2. Basically removed his 2 drop for almost nothing.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/ZL4tpwkFvfbJgCpEkC7GZ3
- On turn 6 my board started empty. By the end I had a 7/7 QA, 3/2 STB, 1/1 patches, and 12/12 van cleef. Didn't even lose right away though. Had plenty of answers, except perhaps 1 fireball short of staying alive.

I just eally don't see what the problem is with stonetusk boar.

Triggered!

edit:
Absolutely disgusting:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/oNQH7RhzSUhzEykXVePq6h

fertygo

The major problem of HS is

It's TOO EXPENSIVE to play and update the game.
Everyone is protecting their investment.

WHY NOT MAKE THE GAME CHEAPER?
is my solution.

Game already cheap enough

the best deck in last one year is cheap af

n the trend keep going with MSOG

Pooya

I just eally don't see what the problem is with stonetusk boar.

One free ping early in the game is the difference between having board control and not having it, everything snowballs from there. It's a very big deal if that totem golem dies or lives another turn, because you had or didn't have that one extra damage.

If stonetusk boar was 0 mana it would see a lot of play, now if it drew itself too... Shiv was considered broken at 1 mana for example...

They are either going to nerf STB or Patches or both. I don't think any other pirate warrants a nerf.

And STB is only really powerful because of Patches. We have had cards like that in the past and arguably even now, it's not that strong. IMO the reason that Blizzard is more focused on STB than Patches is that they have been working on Patches for way too long and they don't want to change the card again after so many iterations.

The cynic in me says they want to nerf the package without giving the Legendary dust refund.

This is my expectation.

squidyj

One free ping early in the game is the difference between having board control and not having it, everything snowballs from there. It's a very big deal if that totem golem dies or lives another turn, because you had or didn't have that one extra damage.

If stonetusk boar was 0 mana it would see a lot of play, now if it drew itself too... Shiv was considered broken at 1 mana for example...
I was talking about the STB abbreviation, not patches. ;)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What does PPP mean? I think I've tried googling twice but didn't see any obvious answers.

Patches Pirate Package?

Yeah. It was a shorthand invented in this thread, so you probably won't see it elsewhere.

Pooya

ok, I didn't see that lol.

They just really like the card, I don't think they care about petty matters like dust enough to let it affect their card design. It's just that pirates are played too much now and they admit that but if you gut STB, shaman probably won't play it anymore even after rotation when shaman doesn't have early game anymore, they might want to bring shaman to another direction and people could still just playing pirates. Dean Ayala actually said that they were surprised how strong jade/pirate shaman thing turned out, they didn't see that coming. If you cut STB, aggro shaman will actually die off for sure. You could just play more pirates early game in place of trogg/totem golem, Feral Spirit is still there, so is 477 and all the burn. It could totally work.

Now pirate warrior's early damage goes down by quite a bit too. N'Zoth first mate is absolutely disgusting still but that combo becomes more board control oriented rather than face burn. Maybe midrange/tempo warrior comes back that plays some pirates,

STB is great in rogue but I think it's still worthwhile to play pirates there without STB. They don't want to erase pirates but only reduce them, I think that's a reasonable approach. Patches is OP, they knew it too but still think it's cool to have it in the game. Maybe future cards enable Patches to do new cool things too and they want to have that. Like the gang up thing but actually doable.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I'm gonna dust my patches. Last 10 games he's in my hand 6 times in 1st turn.

Just a fancy boar for me :(
It would be pretty amusing if Blizzard actually balanced behind the scenes by affecting deck draw order like that. I wonder if they'd ever admit it if so.

yeah I guess some of us that are actually having fun tend to stay away from this thread at times.

This is definitely not what I like to see.

I do question how good Blizzard's random number generator is. Not all RNGs are created equal, some are just bad. I wonder which Blizzard uses.

The things that typically make an RNG "bad" aren't really the kind of things that make it bad for purposes of generating random hands in a CCG.

scarlet

Like 3 in a row I had patches in my hand. Out of 30 cards, 3 in a row.

I'm down to 15. Wanna throw my phone.

I really need to learn more about this miracle rogue.

Blizzard

Banned
Like 3 in a row I had patches in my hand. Out of 30 cards, 3 in a row.

I'm down to 15. Wanna throw my phone.

I really need to learn more about this miracle rogue.
If I had Patches, I'd want to try like 100 games and record the percentage to see if it's really different or not. Sadly I don't. :(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
holy shit this pack i just got

rfwYpff.png

Speaking of patches... get him opening hand 2 games in a row =(

edit:
And they were in matches where it matters. Aggro shaman and dragon warrior. But at least dragon warrior seemed to draw his in his opening hand too. I won both games too, so I'm not that salty about it! :D

e2:
Who in their right mind chooses to take 6 additional damage from a 1 drop? And then wins the game starting at 15 health on turn 3?
me

https://hsreplay.net/replay/Ui4LJNA89ZZiMfULZvGHgV

And they say only aggro can use health for tempo :)

oh and 3rd game in a row where I drew patches

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
best counter to jade druid ?

Aggro that cancer deck away.

Jade Druid reminds me of the old fatigue priest decks that had double death, double entomb, and mind control to take advantage of any of the reasonable slower deck that actually cares about sometimes winning against aggro, even though it's absolutely terrible to ladder with.

I guess there will always be a lot of players that enjoy out greeding every other deck out there even if the deck is teir 3 overall, especially at lower ranks. One of the many reasons you're incentivized to just play aggro yourself when laddering.

Dahbomb

Yeah I don't see how Jade Druid beats Aggro at all.

Actually I don't see how Druid anything beats any Aggro that is backed up by Patches.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Jade Druid can consistently beat aggro tho

the correct answer is actually Rogue

Rogue is kinda aggro-y.

Only way Jade Druid wins any aggro matchup is with insane ramp into taunt, but that's not common enough for even a Ramp Druid to be favored with way more taunts than Jade Druid has.

Speaking of which, it's wierd how unpopular ramp druid is. It does basically the same as Jade Druid filling the board with so many stats that they run out of resources to counter it, but it comes with a benefit of being a little better against faster decks.

Blizzard

Banned
My theory about Priest players being the slowest is holding true. I'm playing against a Tavern Brawl Priest.

With 2 cards in his hand, and no minions on his side of the board, he was taking like 10-20 seconds to select and drag each card. I HIGHLY doubt there was a lot of strategic choice there.

I miss "Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark, obey the call of Kel'thuzad"

I won so many games playing Kel'thuzad. I really would like it if they brought it back. It was sooo underrated tbh.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I miss "Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark, obey the call of Kel'thuzad"

I won so many games playing Kel'thuzad. I really would like it if they brought it back. It was sooo underrated tbh.

My favorite deck I ever built was a Kel'thuzad/Redemption Paladin. This was in the Naxx meta before GvG. I played 2xRedemption, 2xSludge Belcher, 2xSunwalker, Tirion, and Kel'Thuzad.

You can probably imagine what my win condition was.

patchday

Jade Druid can consistently beat aggro tho

the correct answer is actually Rogue

I havent played ranked a lot this season (parking at rank 15 on both standard/wild cause of other projects) but currently 100% win rate against druid this season on Pirate Warrior (3/3 matches). Last season was 80% win rate against Druid when I marched to rank 10 and parked there

Granted I sometimes run Hobart which I play on turn 2 if I get him in a mulligan to buff my axes (I can reliably one shot Taunts and just go face w/pirates)

Not pulling my stats for rogue right now since I play too many different decks will be a hassle to pull up my stats. * For Rogue I run typical meta Questing Adventurer (very similar to Mobius), Burgle rogue w/Shaku, & miracle w/shaku. But yes I believe all my rogue decks can handle Jade druid.

Granted this is just data from rank 20->10

Clarification: I'm thinking Ferty goes up much higher in the Ladder then I do. Maybe Jade Druids much better played at higher ranks? I feel its a very high skill cap deck. So I am not trying to outright dismiss his/her posts. I am horrible with jade druid decks which makes me so sad.

edit 2: I see at least one of my Druid victims this season was actually a beast Druid. Interesting enough I believe it was him that sent me a rage friend request too. Problem (or benefit) with playing at such high ranks like I do I see some off-meta stuff. A pirate warrior that play from like rank 10 -> rank 5 at least could provide much more accurate data -or- I'd have to go through all my matches and double check they were all Jade Druids. I am too lazy so sorry my data is not wholly accurate

patchday

Yes it is perhaps wise to actually keep Patches in hand to help buff Edwin if that is the goal. maybe you will get lucky and murder the opponent before turn 6 like this

edit>>>>>

holy shit this pack i just got

yeah excellent pack

Speaking of patches... get him opening hand 2 games in a row =(

edit:
And they were in matches where it matters. Aggro shaman and dragon warrior. But at least dragon warrior seemed to draw his in his opening hand too. I won both games too, so I'm not that salty about it! :D

e2:
Who in their right mind chooses to take 6 additional damage from a 1 drop? And then wins the game starting at 15 health on turn 3?
me

https://hsreplay.net/replay/Ui4LJNA89ZZiMfULZvGHgV

And they say only aggro can use health for tempo :)

oh and 3rd game in a row where I drew patches

wow if that Dragon Warrior had mortal strike he could have got ya with a Blackwing Corruptor + Mortal Strike. Been meaning to try out Dragon Warrior but I'll have to craft a Twilight Guardian. Been putting that off. I have only 1 Twilight Guardian atm. Eventually I'll make a 2nd one for Dragon Priest/Warrior (I think)

Yes it is perhaps wise to actually keep Patches in hand to help buff Edwin if that is the goal. maybe you will get lucky and murder the opponent before turn 6 like this

edit>>>>>

yeah excellent pack

wow if that Dragon Warrior had mortal strike he could have got ya with a Blackwing Corruptor + Mortal Strike. Been meaning to try out Dragon Warrior but I'll have to craft a Twilight Guardian. Been putting that off. I have only 1 Twilight Guardian atm. Eventually I'll make a 2nd one for Dragon Priest/Warrior (I think)

Mortal strike is a 4 mana card. That combo would take 9 mana, on turn 6.

Lyng

Clawed my way back up to rank 11 4 stars. Then I meet an abomination of a mill/aviana/kun druid who gets so damn lucky on draws and BM's every turn.
This game is so evil at times. Every time I get close to rank 10 I either meet the most lucky bastard in the world or a downright counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom