• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Ok I subbed to your twitch channel and your card review is still not up yet. Did I sub to the wrong channel?
That's ZealousDemon's channel and we did not have a review stream today due to technical difficulties. Hoping to have that resolved soon.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That's ZealousDemon's channel and we did not have a review stream today due to technical difficulties. Hoping to have that resolved soon.

Seems to be an ISP issue of some kind. Not sure when this may be fixed.

Worse comes to worse I think Dahbomb and I will try to record it to video and I'll just upload it to YouTube. Sucks to lose the live interaction but that may be the only option.

jblank83

Still not sure if I should return to the game for this expansion

I just reinstalled but this is the least interested I've ever been in Hearthstone. The card design in Ungoro is not doing it for me. My issues with Blizzard's ideas of game balance are "triggered" by their work with this set. Paladin is just one example. Cards like "Meteor" are another.

Pretty sure I'll quit permanently sometime this year.

I just reinstalled but this is the least interested I've ever been in Hearthstone. The card design in Ungoro is not doing it for me. My issues with Blizzard's ideas of game balance are "triggered" by their work with this set. Paladin is just one example. Cards like "Meteor" are another.

Pretty sure I'll quit permanently sometime this year.

Whats wrong with meteor? Seems like a well designed card.

Shadow visions is so bad but i'm so tempted to put it in some low spell wild reno priest, basically anything would be good to double up on. dat tempo loss tho....but i'm leaning toward it being worth it for later in the game..

also convert i think i will give it a whirl for the first time for the first week or two. only bc everyone is going to be summoning the OP 5 mana quest minions, and stealing one sounds really strong. even a 7 mana carnassa would be amazing if you could weather the storm for a turn

V-Faction

Thinking over the classes I'm excited to see;
1) Some kind of Rogue deck that isn't more Miracle
2) A Priest deck (or multiple) utilizing their spell discount minion
3) Mid-range / Beast / Beastmid-range Hunter

But I'd really like to see how a Water Shaman (Murloc + Healing) works out
~ Finja package
~ Quest package (Finishers x2 + Primalfin Totem x2)
~ Healing cards (Jinyu, Hot-spring, Tidal Surge)
~ Bittertide Hydra and Adapt Your Murlocs-aur

With small adjustments, like maybe The Curator and the new primordial dragon, or Hallazeal with Volcano, or Megafin with Spirit Echo because why the heck not.

Dahbomb

Whats wrong with meteor? Seems like a well designed card.
From an arena perspective, that card is going to trigger someone like Kripp a lot.

With the new changes (Standard rotation of Arena, more commonly seen Epics, more commonly seen spells, more commonly seen new expansion cards), a new Epic spell card for Mage being brought on would be expected to be seen in most decks and that card is actually around as good if not better than Flamestrike in many cases (doubles as a board clear and a hard removal).

So Mage gets another insanely powerful Arena card with an occurrence bonus. This is what Lightbomb is to Priest in Arena.

For Standard Constructed this is just a very good card for Mage in general.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like Meteor, but don't see it shaping the Constructed Meta. I really can't predict if it sees play or not, but my gut says it won't make the cut. I wonder how often the difference between 15 and infinite damage matters, very very rarely does something have more than 15 HP.

I GOT THE ARENA DREAM
XCKbf09.png

bunbun777

I must have been logged into my Euro account when I voted, because that's where I got my 4 packs, usually only play on na account.

What are peoples thoughts on Sgt Sally in Quest Rogue? Assuming the quest is able to be pulled off, having a 3 mana 5/5 that deals 5 to everything on the opponents side for the board when it dies seems like it might be a really good card for Rogue who lacks good board clears.

Zoggy

Ok ZD's last upload is the gadjetzan re-review,

So idk what's going on. I checked YouTube and saw nothing

Where the fuck is your video.

I think meteor will struggle to find a place in the game. Smart players will play around it and high end players will probably cut it from their deck lists. It's also a removal spell that cannot go face that is also very expensive. It might be good enough, although I doubt it, but it's a balanced card at least.

Zoggy

But honestly you guys are dropping the ball on this. Whatever technical issues you have going on is no excuse.

I really want to see your card review (and still do).

Idk maybe this is Ill-informed entitlement... but I really wanted to see your review.

I'm not gonna kill myself because I didn't see it, but I'm not gonna bother for your "hot take" anymore either.

Everyone wants to be the next big streamer like Kripp or trumpsc but they have nowhere near the discipline or professionalism.

No offense to you guys btw. I assume you are just dudes trying to make a stream about video games.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
But honestly you guys are dropping the ball on this. Whatever technical issues you have going on is no excuse.

I really want to see your card review (and still do).

Idk maybe this is Ill-informed entitlement... but I really wanted to see your review.

I'm not gonna kill myself because I didn't see it, but I'm not gonna bother for your "hot take" anymore either.

Everyone wants to be the next big streamer like Kripp or trumpsc but they have nowhere near the discipline or professionalism.

No offense to you guys btw. I assume you are just dudes trying to make a stream about video games.

Jesus Christ, dude.

I've already spent hours trying to prep for this stream that I do for fun. I don't get paid for this. And you're popping off and telling me I have no excuse for my ISP shitting the bed?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know about a 5 but Devilsaur is essentially a 3 mana Nerubian Egg which is a good card in Wild. Great target for buffs and board wide effects that Druid/Paladin have and of course Zoo decks can now play that Egg into that Raptor for a double Adapt.
Yeah, while I think the card will end up being good, I doubt it wil bee good enough to be considered a 5* card. Its a 4* card tops.

In wild, I doubt know if I would want to run it in addition to Nerubian egg though.

scarlet

Jesus Christ, dude.

I've already spent hours trying to prep for this stream that I do for fun. I don't get paid for this. And you're popping off and telling me I have no excuse for my ISP shitting the bed?

Take it as compliment. He's a huge fan of your works.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Looking over the tables from gutshot's list and there is a lot of variance on a surprising number of cards. I think lots of folks are rightly unclear about where the meta is going to move and what decks will remain viable. Should be an exciting time.

I was very surprised how many cards had people rating them 2,3, & 4. Like I would think the gap on most cards would be too wide to get both a 2 and 4. Maybe a 3/4 or 2/3 split but lots of cards even have some 1-3 or 3-5 splits. Pretty crazy. I look forward to seeing how wrong I was in several months.

wiibomb

Jesus Christ, dude.

you are really falling hard for april's fools, either intentional or not from Zoggy

don't get baited

Zoggy

Jesus Christ, dude.

I praised you for 3/4 of my post and said you have have no excuse for hyping up a card review and then not delivering on it.

I don't care about your internet service now, if it's that unreliable then don't talk about a review stream for 5 pages.

Anyways, im in the wrong here, I looked forward to you guys doing a card review because you did a good job in the past.

Then when you don't do it, I'm the asshole for anticipating one, when you've had 4 pages debating about whether using 10 or 5 star rating."it's not that serious gaize"

Whatever, I'm the loser. Sorry for accepting responsibility.

Dahbomb

We will try to get something out there man, don't worry. At the very least something before the expansion is actually released (obviously, card prediction review after a card is released isn't exactly fair).

In other news Kripp is playing god damn Secret Paladin in Wild... LMFAO!

We will try to get something out there man, don't worry. At the very least something before the expansion is actually released (obviously, card prediction review after a card is released isn't exactly fair).

He could be playing finja, or dragon priest, or jade shaman or pirate warrior... all equally as sad as secret paladin.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member

It isn't Secret Paladin though cuz he is playing Murlocs. Or something.

Zoggy

There is no video on there because we haven't made a review yet.
That's ok I'm fine with that.

I will be patient.

I don't know how anyone can say I'm in the wrong for anticipating a video they said they would do. And when they don't do it, they atttack me for being an uptight asshole "it's not that serious calm down bitch"

Anyways I enjoyed your vids, I was a fan, I love supporting small streamers, but now, no.

squidyj

I just had a first. A pirate warrior opponent I felt bad for.
He full mulliganned and then passed his first 2 turns, playing a topdecked first mate on 3 and playing patches from hand on 4. I legit thought he was some sort of control warrior after the first two passes.

Meanwhile I drew nothing but gas.

Looking over the tables from gutshot's list and there is a lot of variance on a surprising number of cards. I think lots of folks are rightly unclear about where the meta is going to move and what decks will remain viable. Should be an exciting time.

I was very surprised how many cards had people rating them 2,3, & 4. Like I would think the gap on most cards would be too wide to get both a 2 and 4. Maybe a 3/4 or 2/3 split but lots of cards even have some 1-3 or 3-5 splits. Pretty crazy. I look forward to seeing how wrong I was in several months.

Yeah, there is a ton of variance on a lot of cards. Even some ranging from 1 to 5 which is pretty crazy.

Eddie Bax

I don't know how anyone can say I'm in the wrong for anticipating a video they said they would do. And when they don't do it, they atttack me for being an uptight asshole "it's not that serious calm down bitch"

Come on man, can you seriously not see the issue with your comments?

It's not the anticipation that's the issue, it's your expression of your disappointment. ZealousD gave a reasonable excuse of why the video wasn't up, a reason beyond his control. But instead of taking that and being like 'Oh, that's disappointing, I was hoping to watch that,' you're acting like you're entitled to it (ie. 'Where the fuck is your video')

Dahbomb

The variance is to be expected, this happens on all polls. What matters is the average at the end. In that regard GAF has been the most accurate out of all the public polls made in MSG.

And as always there are likely to be like 3-4 cards that the community gets wrong which is reasonable out of the 130+ cards. In MSG it was Finja, Hobart and Pint Sized Potion.

Is there a way to look at the scores with the cards displayed. I don't know them by name yet.
That's ok I'm fine with that.

I will be patient.

Anyways I enjoyed your vids, I was a fan, I love supporting small streamers, but now, no.

You're the one throwing a fit, they defended themselves from your aggressiveness. Sheesh have some self reflection for once.

You guys think a midrange style Warrior could work?

This is what I've come up with so far but it's only at 18 cards and I'm having trouble deciding what direction to take with it. Warrior's early game options really blow outside of pirates and their card draw leaves a lot to be desired as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom