• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main menu's new look (via twitter)

CxpwSwoVQAAW_iW.jpg

I've been thinking about what unique combos Blizzard hasn't tried on a card yet, and I think I thought of a decent one. How about a taunt minion that has a deathrattle that heals your hero?

Something like 6-mana 4-4, "Taunt, Deathrattle: heal your hero for 8 damage."

I haven't worked too hard on the balance, obviously, but I think the combo could be good overall. It's powerful when an opponent has minion removal for your taunt but still needs more damage once they're through.

Thoughts?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Went 7-3 with midrange shaman and 4-3 with dragon warrior in heroic brawl.

Basically around 13 packs and 400 dust at the price of 1600 gold, so I guess I came out slightly ahead except for the fact that those 13 packs are WotOG when I should be saving for MSG.

Overall, the competition was way, way easier than I expected. Most of the shamans I faced were downright terrible at the game. Might help that most of the best players already spent all the gold they felt like spending on this brawl.

One loss was decided by an on curve barnes that got Cairne, and one game was freeze mage doing turn 9 Alexstrasza, turn 10 lethal after I popped the block and killed alexstrasza. A lot harder to bare those kinds of losses when more is on the line.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Burgly Bully seems weak to me. It doesn't consistently synergize with any gameplan and it doesn't punish spellcasting enough to be a viable tech card.

THANK YOU BLIZZARD. a 5 mana 4/6. thats incredible. i never imagined they would make a card so good. now all i have to do is watch when i lose even harder to a 2 mana 3/4 and a 0 mana 5/5 taunt and then wait for the next 150 cards that aren't going to do anything for the game.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Burgly Bully seems like it could be fun in a Raza + Beardo priest deck, or a Reno Mage with Flamewaker and Archmage Antonidas.

I don't see it making the cut competitively, but it seems fun and playable to me.

Kornflayx

THANK YOU BLIZZARD. a 5 mana 4/6. thats incredible. i never imagined they would make a card so good. now all i have to do is watch when i lose even harder to a 2 mana 3/4 and a 0 mana 5/5 taunt and then wait for the next 150 cards that aren't going to do anything for the game.

What do you want them to do? Print OP cards for every class there is now? Shaman cards rotate out in a few months and the worst Blizzard could do is print more OP shit with every expansion. That's exactly what got them into this mess in the first place.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I still believe Troggzor would have seen a lot of play if not for Dr Boom. It's a good card that got overshadowed by one of the best cards ever printed. Burgly Bully seems a lot weaker than Troggzor though.

The only other cards with "whenever your opponent..." are the two other Troggs with attack buffs, and Fel Reaver's discard thing, so it's nice to see a little more experimentation with that mechanic.

Talking about cards and not linking them to the thread :feelsbadman
You mean this?

Levi

Banned
Kind of in a holding pattern this season--haven't had motivation to play beyond completing quests.. I thought I was gonna get golden Warlock this season but the idea of playing 50 more games in this meta... I cannot cope.

Did get to rank 10 just fucking around, and I grinded for enough gold on Asia to complete Karazhan there.

VHW9cql.jpg

Here's hoping Warlock is good in the new meta because I'm not getting there in this meta, even though I have a 60% winrate against Shaman with it.

zoukka

I still believe Troggzor would have seen a lot of play if not for Dr Boom. It's a good card that got overshadowed by one of the best cards ever printed. Burgly Bully seems a lot weaker than Troggzor though.

The only other cards with "whenever your opponent..." are the two other Troggs with attack buffs, and Fel Reaver's discard thing, so it's nice to see a little more experimentation with that mechanic.

You mean this?

I was blind.

It's an arena card :/

It's 5 mana for a 4/6 and a coin, or more than 1 coin. Tomb pillager is 5/4 for 4 mana, plus a coin. Getting a coin off it is actually not bad at all.

It also trades into azure drake and no played 4 drop has 6 attack, except for 7/7 of course which is far from a deterrent to running this one.

It's probably better than people are giving it credit. I think it has potential, maybe high potential. The problem I see is that to exceedingly benefit off the minion you need spell synergy cards, like auctioneer. And in rogue I don't think you give up azure drake due to the cycle and spellpower. Plus since your opponent controls how much value you get out of it, to some extent at least, it's hard to build a strategy around.

But maybe it sees play just as a solid 5 drop. It sorta punishes spells enough in some match ups you could build off the mana ramp and it's durable/deadly enough to deal with more early game threats and survive.

I think some decks might consider running this over azure drake. For example, Paladin doesn't have great 5 drops ever since belcher got rotated.

I can imagine people would learn to ignore it and clear it with nonspells so you won't be able to set up a auctioneer turn with it. 4/6 allows it to eat Azure Drake but it doesn't trade with tfb or darkshire councilman.

I could see it the most in druid. If you ramp into this on turn 3 or Innervate it out you put your opponent in a tough spot.

patchday

Kind of in a holding pattern this season--haven't had motivation to play beyond completing quests.. I thought I was gonna get golden Warlock this season but the idea of playing 50 more games in this meta... I cannot cope.

Did get to rank 10 just fucking around, and I grinded for enough gold on Asia to complete Karazhan there.

VHW9cql.jpg

Here's hoping Warlock is good in the new meta because I'm not getting there in this meta, even though I have a 60% winrate against Shaman with it.

this post seems to imply Warlock is not good in this meta which is not quite true. It was heavily used at blizzcon and Amaz went 12 wins at heroic brawl.

manhack

this post seems to imply Warlock is not good in this meta which is not quite true. It was heavily used at blizzcon and Amaz went 12 wins at heroic brawl.

I'm in a similar place. Even if my decks are doing well there isn't a lot of motivation to play. I started the month with the intention of climbing fast and maybe hitting Legend, but that fizzled out. I still knock out my daily quests and watch Kripp to help get to sleep, but outside of Tavern Brawl and the excitement of the new expansion, the meta has become a bit too stale for the moment.

In fact, staying at Rank 15-10 until the end of the month Rank 5 push has made the game a bit more enjoyable since there is slightly more deck diversity.

I really really really want to make a climb to Legend when the expansion comes out, though.

Levi

Banned

Warlock is good. The meta is not fun to play it in. I want a golden warlock but the idea of playing 50 games in this meta is unbearable.

Pooya

I played wild this season because there is no point in playing a meta that dies in a few weeks. It took me no time to hit my rank goal too so that helps too. Standard would take twice as long.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Toast is going to let Twitch chat control his Collection Manager.

This will end very badly.

Pooya

It appears Blizzard has dropped the subtitle from the game. It no longer says " Heroes of Warcraft" in the logo.

RIP Warcraft.

patchday

I'm in a similar place. Even if my decks are doing well there isn't a lot of motivation to play. I started the month with the intention of climbing fast and maybe hitting Legend, but that fizzled out. I still knock out my daily quests and watch Kripp to help get to sleep, but outside of Tavern Brawl and the excitement of the new expansion, the meta has become a bit too stale for the moment.

In fact, staying at Rank 15-10 until the end of the month Rank 5 push has made the game a bit more enjoyable since there is slightly more deck diversity.

I really really really want to make a climb to Legend when the expansion comes out, though.

I'm still motivated although I pretty much always only log on to clear my quests. but when I do I find it hard to stop playing.

But I dabble in both Wild/Standard to keep it fresh. But I guess I'm a bit more positive/excited than some of you others since I started in WoTG. So theres so many cards out in Wild (like Duplicate) I have fun messing with

Warlock is good. The meta is not fun to play it in. I want a golden warlock but the idea of playing 50 games in this meta is unbearable.

dang but you're so close. But I have no idea what you went through to get to 450 wins in the first place lol.

Why do you think Elders Scroll is worse than the others? Legit question here because I haven't played it.
I just find it incredibly boring. I can't even make it through the demo fights because of how dull the gameplay is. Meanwhile, I have taken the trouble to go through Infinity Wars' and Eternal's demo fights twice. They were boring, but tolerably boring, and I've gone through all of Duelyst's puzzle challenges.

My tiers are based on a lot of things, not just whether each game is good. While Hearthstone is undoubtedly a bad game, I still find it rather enjoyable, which is why I've taken the time to hit rank 5 this month and last. I generally "rank" games based on how much fun I have with them along with their mechanics. Hearthstone is often fun, but not good, while Duelyst and Infinity Wars are both fun and good. Eternal has a lot going for it, but it might fall in the tier list as time goes on. I'm giving it a little faith boost because it's pure MtG, and MtG is a fantastic game, but I'm also not enthusiastic about a game that uses lands in the modern age - it feels archaic and limiting.

I also think Hearthstone and Shadowverse have great production values, which give them points as well. I take a lot of things into consideration when giving a game an overall rating. :)

The correct answer is to refuse to vote for next week's either, because if you do, they might ask for something even more pointless and asinine for the next set.
While reveals are hype, I'm fine with giving Blizzard's marketing ploy the middle finger and waiting for the full set release. I have Duelyst releases coming up soon anyway. :)

Mulgrok

Modified my reno paladin for rank 8 and beyond, because the meta is different here. 6-1 so far, but that can change in an instant.

EDIT: might take out N'zoth because he is a dead card in my hand 90% of the time.

Tinkmaster is MVP against control decks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can't wait for curve priest. Mana Geode into Kabal Talonpriest, or Injured Blademaster + circle...ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom