• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

squidyj

hunter card seems weak. dies to a trade up on board pretty easily, or a weapon swing. It's power is pretty useless if you're behind, would probably rather play a vanilla 3/4

New card

636367352884380382.png

gutshot

Summoning another Highmane would obviously be best case scenario, but you can't not run cheap Beasts in a Hunter deck and so you are more likely to summon a 1/1 token than anything else. 2/5

FeD.nL

Depending on the possible other Deathrattle beasts Hunter gets this might be really interesting. This is the kind of target you want for something like forlorn stalker. Especially if you are able to construct your deck in such a way that the average value is good. Being in the 7 slot is nice as well for Hunter.

Depending on the possible other Deathrattle beasts Hunter gets this might be really interesting. This is the kind of target you want for something like forlorn stalker. Especially if you are able to construct your deck in such a way that the average value is good. Being in the 7 slot is nice as well for Hunter.

by foregoing hunters biggest strength in snowballing beast synergies?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well, in the control matchup forcing your opponent to draw 2 cards could be bad for them. That said, I wonder why anyone would play this deck with Jade Druid around. You could get a board full of taunts, or you could have an endless engine that provides X/X minions.

A taunt deck is more likely to have a favorable matchup against aggro.

Think of it kind of like Quest Warrior in it's current form. Your taunt minions slow the game down and give you a solid chance against fast decks. Then you have a win condition that gives you a way to kill off a midrange or control deck at the end.

FeD.nL

by foregoing hunters biggest strength in snowballing beast synergies?

Well like I said if there are good other beast deathrattles in this expansion we might see a new archetype that's a bit slower. I mean they've been trying to make the trigger deathrattle a hunter thing for quite some time now and it never really took off. So I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to print some overtuned deathrattle beasts that enable this archetype and in that archetype you would play this card.

Edit: I agree that it wouldn't fit in the current Hunter at all. But this seems like the perfect expansion for Blizzard to push the trigger Deathrattle thing, so who knows.

Isn't Bearshark possible to use during Zombeasts? I forget its restrictions but I don't think there's another beast with etheral or whatever it's called.

Also, that Abomination Archer card reminds me of Brave Archer for some reason, "Today, I don't have to be a Highmane."

sh1fty

These brawls lately have been terrible... the Ragnaros deck is so much better. Got Nefarian 3 times in a row to start and lost all 3.. now I'm just conceding immediately until I get Ragnaros.

Raxus

They keep trying to make control hunter a thing when it will never be a thing. They would have to redesign the class. The legendary they got this xpac is really frikkin good tho.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They keep trying to make control hunter a thing when it will never be a thing. They would have to redesign the class. The legendary they got this xpac is really frikkin good tho.
It is easy to make a thing...but if Hunter gets no Taunt or Lifesteal cards this set they just don't have good ways to survive.

fertygo

Nah its crap

6 mana combo as hunter that doing no damage elegiggle

Q8D3vil

Its easy to evaluate any post 6 mana hunter card. Does it have high damage with charge ? is better than Highmane ? if not then its a shit card.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yesterday Reynad had a win streak from Rank 13 to 9 with Discard Warlock @__@

(Sorry for the non new card post!)

Magnus

Why would Hadronox bring back Druid of the Claw but not Ancient of War? Aren't they both Choose Ones that may or may not result in a taunt minion?

Why would Hadronox bring back Druid of the Claw but not Ancient of War? Aren't they both Choose Ones that may or may not result in a taunt minion?

Ancient of War isn't actually a Taunt card. It's a 5/5 that gets a buff when played. Druid of the Claw / Bear Form is an actual card / minion with taunt on it.

Blizzard

Banned
N'Zoth and Umbra are definitely two old cards that look like they might be getting a huge buff this expansion.
N'Zoth is rotating out next year though. What old card is Umbra? The only Umbra I can think of is the new Spiritsinger Umbra card from Un'goro.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Think about it this way. If you sap druid of the claw you get a taunt in your hand because it transformed into a taunt. If you sap ancient of war you get an ancient of war because you are choosing modifiers for it and not transforming it.

Stupid yes. But it's sort of consistent.

TankUP

I like the hidden aspect of this choose one deathrattle, although picking aoe is pretty bad if Nzoth remembers your choice.

Blizzard

Banned
New-ish mechanics this expansion:

* Hero + power replacement cards (not exactly new because of Jaraxxus).
* Lifesteal (new term, but a few old card(s) had similar behavior).
* "If your deck has no X-cost minions then..."
* Deathrattles that only work on the opponent's turn.
* Secret deathrattles.

*edited thanks to TankUp*

FeD.nL

Interesting mechanic, though a bit boring on the choices for this card. Hopefully some more interesting choices on the others.

Hybris

I like the hidden aspect of this choose one deathrattle, although picking aoe is pretty bad if Nzoth remembers your choice.

I wonder if this would even be summoned by n'zoth. Depends on how they code it I guess. It's definitely open to inconsistencies.

Pooya

fidget spinner is the coolest card yet but I'd say it's very easy for your opponent to tell which one you picked lol. Still can be useful in all kinds of druid decks. Druid can heal back up if they stop the bleeding, their problem is that it's so hard to stop the bleeding and this card can help with that. Of course you take a lot damage still but at least the board is gone. You can recover behind taunts, this line of play wouldn't work as well in other classes.

----

If I keep my arena runs and finish after xpac is out, do I get KFT packs?

This card won't be revived by N'Zoth.

Grief.exe

I think I just had a fairly decent Arena Draft...

oN8bNY0.png

Maybe time to finally best my 8 Wins personal best?

I have a Paladin draft right now with no legendaries, but with two spike ridged steeds and two dinosize.

It's a pretty fun deck, though the rest of the draft is somewhat mediocre to be honest. I'm 8-2 right now.

In one of the games, I managed to land Spike Ridged Steed on a Acolyte of Pain, which is an insane combination for Arena.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That fatespinner card could even fit into Egg druid. +2/+2 to all minions is like making a Savage Roar permanent. Pretty versatile card.

Top Bottom