• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain new stuff (pic & ^r

Xater

Milk Lizard said:
So with uncharted 2 (which i bought from the UK.. same region!) i could not use the dlc i paid for on psn. Problem is i want the special edition from the UK which no danish stores seems to sell.

So my question is : If i make a uk user will i be able to play the dlc ? Fucking sick of country locking dlc

It always depeneds on the game. For example the first Resistence had universal DLC because the disc was multilingual. I had a german game and could use US DLC.

You can also just buy some UK PSN cards if DLC is not the same for every region.

Confident now that this will be the game I've been seeking. A deep, plot-heavy murder mystery with a clear Noir inspired backdrop. Fuck, I just can't wait to play this game. Now that the official website is up, things are just rolling. No matter how much Cage denies it, this will really show how much potential Adventure games could have with a proper budget, and financial support.

Xater said:
It always depeneds on the game. For example the first Resistence had universal DLC because the disc was multilingual. I had a german game and could use US DLC.

You can also just buy some UK PSN cards if DLC is not the same for every region.

Oh didn't know we had gotten psn cards in europe. Will buy special edition the., thank you.

A.R.K

Wax Free Vanilla said:
First review in via OPM UK
Heavy Rain: 9/10

wv4xat.jpg

Awesome score and cover! Congrats to Cage & team. Really excited for this game :D

I'm about 80% day-one right now. Need another couple reputable reviews to seal the deal, but I am optimistic. Can't wait to finally play it.

YoungHav

Banned
can someone who has the magazine tell us wtf "PS3 spies kojima's trophies" article is about?

I can't wait for this getting it day 1.

YoungHav said:
can someone who has the magazine tell us wtf "PS3 spies kojima's trophies" article is about?

I can't wait for this getting it day 1.

Pretty sure it's 2 diffrent articles or else we are getting a star wars yakusa.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Confident now that this will be the game I've been seeking. A deep, plot-heavy murder mystery with a clear Noir inspired backdrop. Fuck, I just can't wait to play this game. Now that the official website is up, things are just rolling. No matter how much Cage denies it, this will really show how much potential Adventure games could have with a proper budget, and financial support.
I Exactly how I feel about this game. *excited!*

Haven't been posting here because I'm on self-imposed media blackout. But I couldn't resist. :p

slider

Milk Lizard said:
So with uncharted 2 (which i bought from the UK.. same region!) i could not use the dlc i paid for on psn. Problem is i want the special edition from the UK which no danish stores seems to sell.

So my question is : If i make a uk user will i be able to play the dlc ? Fucking sick of country locking dlc

I'm not sure; if you could do that, being stateless sort of(!), it's sort of a crappy solution. The issue you may have is paying for stuff from the "UK" store... credit card/billing address etc. Unless you can get PSN cards easily?

EDIT: Whoops, that's what happens when you leave a screen unrefreshed for ages. Carry on.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
StuBurns said:
With how this game is going to perform, it'll be mature and prescient.

I think this game is going to do alright. Maybe not in the multi-millions, but I have a feeling Sony is going to give a big marketing support. It will do 1 million+ WW.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Hmm, looks like I'll be buying the UK CE edition.
The packaging is just too nice, the cover too but the innards looks well done as well.

Now, where to import from.... (i'm in US)

YoungHav said:
Gotcha. Well I still wanna know wassup w/Kojima and his trophies. Who has this issue?

I have the issue and the cover looks slightly different to what ssx posted.

BlindMonkey said:
It's just his trophy cabinet with all the awards he's received for his games and 2 lifetime achievement awards.

IMG_0049-1.jpg

Replicant said:
I hope this hasn't been posted. But here's the full track of "Mars" (Ethan Mars main theme). It's the song used in the latest full trailer for the game.

"Mars" (Nick Ingman & Terry Devine-King)

I........I........I just felt something that I have never felt before. It's like I was just reborn. My eyes are open and I can see more clearly. Nothing can stop me. Everything that I remember is in the past. From this day forward, I will seek the truth.

SIKE, BITCHES!

YoungHav

Banned
BlindMonkey said:
I have the issue and the cover looks slightly different to what ssx posted.

IMG_0049-1.jpg
:lol thanks for deciphering it for us. I wanna kick Kojima in the gonads. Anyway, bring on Heavy Rain. Damn damn my friend used to be a radioshack manager and I used to get games 2wks before street date. Wish it was still the same.

VegaShinra

StuBurns said:
It's two minutes long, wouldn't that cost a fuckton?

The elevator bit is very cool looking, haven't seen that trailer in a while.
Take segments of the trailer then. I think that trailer perfectly captures the essence of the game and if a commercial was presented like that trailer it would get people interested.

StuBurns

Banned
VegaShinra said:
Take segments of the trailer then. I think that trailer perfectly captures the essence of the game and if a commercial was presented like that trailer it would get people interested.
I think they could cut a new trailer that'd be more intriguing for the kind of audience they're going for I think. For example, the bit in the Qore video of Madison taking her top off from behind. Just lots of 'adult' imagery, making no attempt to explain the game, because I don't think that could be done well in a very short time.

VegaShinra

StuBurns said:
I think they could cut a new trailer that'd be more intriguing for the kind of audience they're going for I think. For example, the bit in the Qore video of Madison taking her top off from behind. Just lots of 'adult' imagery, making no attempt to explain the game, because I don't think that could be done well in a very short time.
Maybe. Whatever Sony comes up with will be something good but this isn't an easy title to show in a short commercial. It'll probably have a lot quotes from websites and magazines talking about it in it.

Tigel said:
OK, that shit is insane!
The structure of the song reminds me vaguely of Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell. Which cannot be a bad thing :D

Very Clint Mansell, and perfect for the atmosphere of the game. When I first heard the song on the new official website I was pleasantly surprised. I really think the soundtrack will be stellar. Just another element that will bring the chaos together. Simply can't wait to play fucker.

they need to get Kyle Cooper to do something amazing. Like some sort of teaser on television. I'm sure most of GAF is familiar with, what I believe to be his best work, the opening credits to "Se7en". He's done a lot of awesome shit though. He'd get something on television that would really stand out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf2yk1x-Fis&feature=related

http://prologue.com/#

That's his website, he also did some cool shit for DOOM 3, Left 4 Dead, and Orange Box. Also did the interactive intro/title screen thing for MGS3: Snake Eater.

Mr. Sam

I also noticed the OPM UK review had some pretty big spoilers. For example,
as Ethan Mars you have to cut off your own fingers to stop the Origami Killer murdering your son

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Mr. Sam said:
I also noticed the OPM UK review had some pretty big spoilers. For example,
as Ethan Mars you have to cut off your own fingers to stop the Origami Killer murdering your son
The ESRB spoiled it also.

AKS

I'm really curious to know more about this awesome title, but it's about time to go into complete blackout mode for me now that spoilers are circulating.

AKS said:
I'm really curious to know more about this awesome title, but it's about time to go into complete blackout mode for me now that spoilers are circulating.
Right there with ya. I wouldn't want a story driven game's story spoiled.

Top Bottom