• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain new stuff (pic & ^r

Zefah said:
I remember being significantly more impressed with the graphics in this game the last time I saw it (about a year ago?). Did it get downgraded or have other games that look equally if not more impressive just come along since then?

funny...I thought the new footage looked amazing...the character models look incredible, more impressive than in comparable games anyway

Heh. The end of that video had me exclaim "OH, SHIT! HE DROPPED A BOTTLE!"

Looks like this game will be pretty gripping. Everything I've seen regarding it has been interesting.

Am I the only one who sees this? I just cannot unsee it!

10yfnlu.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The game looks intense, and the visuals are absolutely incredible. I can't wait to see some more, but I'm definitely getting more hyped for this the more I see.

Vieo

Is this game linked to Indigo Prophecy?

The temperature kept getting lower in IP and perpetual snow started to fall. There seems to be perpetual rain in this game.

harSon

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
The facial detail on the register dude is AMAZING. HOLY SHIT.

I think the chubby guy looks a hell of a lot better, the cashier looks freaky as fuck for some reason.

StuBurns

Banned
Vieo said:
Is this game linked to Indigo Prophecy?

The temperature kept getting lower in IP and perpetual snow started to fall. There seems to be perpetual rain in this game.
Nop, they said there is nothing supernatural in this game.

Xater

I fanyone care my quick impressions I got from Heavy Rain:

Heavy Rain (PS3): I was really impressed by the new scene I saw. There is a dude coming into a shop and then a robber appears. I saw 3 differet outcomes of the same scene. Alrigth the robber appears and the game goes into splitscreen mode. You see the robbery thorugh the security cameras and your self in a seperate window. You are hiding behind some racks. The first time the guy did nothing and the robber shot the shop owner. The second time he tried to intefer. He wanted to pick up a bottle but it fell down and the robber noticed him. He chose not to raise his hand so he was shot. The third time he raised his hands and through a distraction was able to overwhelm the robber. Great stuff.

lostxii

Zen

Banned
stuburns said:
Just watched this. I can't believe how good it looks. Anyone who was concerned about the framerate. It's rock solid 30 there.

Incredible.

To be fair that isn't a remotely demanding scene as far the what the game likely includes and based on other scenes that we have seen.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
According to rumors, the character in the GC trailer - the father - is the one that's prone to blackouts.

Freezing

Man even with some shoddy sound work those gameplay clips made me feel the tension.

What is up with the voice work anyway? Is that all just placeholder or what?

Wow, it looks really good in the new videos. Gameplay I on Gametrailers didn't work for me, but the II did, and it looked awesome. I like how you can make choices and stuff like that, it's really neat and intense.

Cartman86

Banned
Freezing said:
Man even with some shoddy sound work those gameplay clips made me feel the tension.

What is up with the voice work anyway? Is that all just placeholder or what?

Oh god sound really pisses me off. How low some of the voices are in games. How the sound effects sometimes drown out the dialog. ARGGGGG

The content of the game is much more appealing than the graphics I think. I mean the graphics are nice, but the content is really what sells this.

Replicant

Hmm....the graphic is not as impressive as it was (sorry guys, graphic horr here).

Does anyone know what soundtrack is used towards the end of the trailer though? I want to get the song on iTunes.

reKon

Banned
The old gameplay videos I saw of this game didn't impress me since I was spoiled by Uncharted... then I saw the new ones.

Possible PS3 Graphics King?

They've DEFINITELY been polishing this baby up. The facial animations are MUCH better along with the voice acting. Since this game is mainly comprised of quicktime cutscenes, I'm hoping they will perfect this, polishing every detail and aspect as they won't to worry about gameplay bugs others games would have to worry about.

Loudninja

Replicant said:
Hmm....the graphic is not as impressive as it was (sorry guys, graphic horr here).

Does anyone know what soundtrack is used towards the end of the trailer though? I want to get the song on iTunes.

Ummm really?

Mode8

Banned
Shurs said:
When he turns the bottle over the "liquid" inside of it doesn't move. I know I'm picking nits but it looks odd.

I think it's bottle of clear liquid and the brown color is the translucent brown sticker label.

nib95

Banned
WTF, just watched some of the gameplay vids. The visuals are INSANE. They look quite different to what I've seen from similar games. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the lighting and shadowing. Gives everything this sense of depth and translucency. Either way, fantastic looking game. Just hope it plays well.

Super stoked for this. The trailer is great. The faces do look a bit odd in this game...not sure what it is.

Also, I thought the voice acting was a bit strange at first, but the more I listen to it, the more I like it. It's less "I'm a really good actor" and more "I'm just a guy." it's more believable and it really works.

Stillmatic

This is shaping up really nicely and looking great on all fronts. Some of the voice acting could do with a bit of work though, but from everything i've seen it shouldn't be a problem.

Zen

Banned
Having watched more media, the game hands down looks better than when it was first revealed. Honestly. I would like people who feel otherwise to make a comparison (well if they really want to...).

Elios83

Graphics look really awesome, gameplay wise it's like a next gen interactive adventure game based on real time choices which is something I like and could be really interesting for the genre. I just hope the game doesn't feel too much on rails after the first couple of hours.
And BTW I hope this is released in February, they did the right thing to delay it, this holyday season it would have been wasted because people simply give priority to bigger and best known titles.

Replicant said:

You'd have to be blind to think that this is both not impressive and not a step up from what they've shown before.

So the Father has blackouts? If this means that the Father is the killer and it's revealed near the end as some sort of twist I won't be touching this game.

leehom

This game looks amazing. It wasn't on my radar at all till I saw it in motion. If it plays as good as it looks, I'll buy it day one.

AniHawk

sweetvar26 said:
Oh shit, never knew it was Clint Mansell for the game soundtrack, not sure about the game but i will definitely buy the OST.

It isn't. He just wanted an overused piece of music for the trailer.

ZephyrFate said:
Fuck that, Clint Mansell is amazing.

It sure was the first five thousand times before everyone thought it was perfect for their lame fanmade trailers and totally ruined something great.

AniHawk said:
It isn't. He just wanted an overused piece of music for the trailer.

It sure was the first five thousand times before everyone thought it was perfect for their lame fanmade trailers and totally ruined something great.

I actually prefer the PI stuff

sweetvar26 said:
Oh shit, never knew it was Clint Mansell for the game soundtrack, not sure about the game but i will definitely buy the OST.
It's not, though I wish it was. The trailer music is very reminiscent of his more epic work, though. God I love Lux Aeterna. Such a beautiful piece of music.

AniHawk: you didn't have to watch all the fanmade trailers and you ruined the piece for yourself, no one forced you to watch them. I still listen to that track every now and again just because no other piece of music I know can bring out that same level of sheer epic.

Top Bottom