• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HELLDIVERS 2 launches to Mixed reviews on Steam (Up: now 'Mostly Positive')

Astray

Gold Member
Seems like Little Chicken Little Chicken is running around with his head cut off.

Who agrees with me?

Lesson here is never count your chickens before they hatch.
But always count them before sending to the fryer.

Hungry Fish GIF by Teka

Braag

The matchmaking is a little wonky. Were playing with 2 friends, one on PC and the other on PS5 with me being also on PC. When it works it's a lot of fun but the invite system needs little more work.

Do the game crash on PC at all times still?
Played almost all day today and didn't have a single crash on PC. My mate on PS5 crashed couple times after the mission complete screen. I've heard a lot of PC players are also crashing though, so I guess it depends.

Last edited:
Any of you fooks down to kill some bugs? I just got off for a long weekend, got a 750ml of captin and a 12 pack of coke ready to go!.

I am currently lvl 20 and am playing in difficulty lvl 7 but im flexible and really just looking for a good time 😁

Steam: Billbo_t_baggins

Last edited:

Tsaki

It seems that Phil Spencer didn't like that a Sony game isn't on Xbox. This guy is truly incredible

GGaHPUAXwAAYjXe
I'm seeing this sentiment quite frequently these days: "GAAS exclusive games should be on all consoles". Why? Xbox putting their GAAS on PS5 means putting a game on a console that will sell over 110 million. Sony putting their games on Xbox is a potential future console base of what? 40 million?
These scales are not weighed the same.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
For a game that has sold around 1M, it will have over 500k CCU during this weekend, if not more. Incredible results for a game that seemed like nowhere to be seen before release.

This shows how old-school promo doesn't make sense right now: E3 demos, multiple trailers for years...and for what? Games just come out and if they are good, they smash. It's that simple.

HUH? Helldivers 2 got plenty of high level Sony promo for at least 18 months.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Just played my first 4 man squad match. Was a thing of beauty. We were all level 3. Except one was a SUPER CITIZEN. What even is this game?

DrFigs

I gotta be honest. Phil sounds like a coward here. What kinda weak-minded thinking is this? Apple would never expect to have their apps on Android phones. It's competition PHIL!!!
I'm trying to make sense of it. I think it's a way of warming up xbox fans to the idea that exclusives are bad, because more and more xbox games will be coming to playstation and switch; that or he's trying to rile people up so they demand Playstation games come to xbox? Idk. the dude's a weirdo and I think his comments here explain basically why xbox fanboys are the worst in the business.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So is anyone interested in talking about the game? There’s no OT.

Is there a Helldivers 2 discord group? I’m looking for a few good Helldivers later.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
It seems that Phil Spencer didn't like that a Sony game isn't on Xbox. This guy is truly incredible

GGaHPUAXwAAYjXe
"if you try to twist yourself to say, like,. somehow that benefited somebody somewhere"

That line sounds salty as shit. Of course it benefited somebody somewhere. Ppl at Sony.

Unless he considers the ppl at Xbox nobodies for having exclusive games. Hey Phil, show Sony how its done then....port 1 exclusive every 6 months to a year to PS5.

What's next, him wanting Splatoon on Xbox?

eerik9000

How hard is it for him to realize lots of people only play on console? This way the only way to play Helldivers 2 is on Playstation. That's all.
He's running a failing business that is forced to publish its games on direct competitors just to make a little bit of extra money. He's saying it only to look like a good guy who is doing out of kindness to help average consumer.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

"if you try to twist yourself to say, like,. somehow that benefited somebody somewhere"

That line sounds salty as shit. Of course it benefited somebody somewhere. Ppl at Sony.

Unless he considers the ppl at Xbox nobodies for having exclusive games. Hey Phil, show Sony how its done then....port 1 exclusive every 6 months to a year to PS5.

What's next, him wanting Splatoon on Xbox?
Well, he pretty much confirmed they'll consider releasing all Xbox games on other platforms after a year.

But if people don't want to jump over to PS, they can always go with PC and get the best deal in gaming, since you get GamePass AND Helldivers 2 over there.

Ozzie666

With MMO or Gaas, he's not wrong in his thinking. I mean PC, Xbox and PS5, why not? Stronger community and more players to keep the game going.
Logically he is correct. It helps developers feel more confident too. But Phil should put Halo MCC and Gears on PS5 first. See how it goes.

Varteras

Gold Member
With MMO or Gaas, he's not wrong in his thinking. I mean PC, Xbox and PS5, why not? Stronger community and more players to keep the game going.
Logically he is correct. It helps developers feel more confident too. But Phil should put Halo MCC and Gears on PS5 first. See how it goes.

Because Sony and Nintendo are not interested in helping their competitors. Sony wants you to want a PS5 for Helldivers. If not, then you can at least buy it on PC, which isn't a competitor. That's also logical.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
“They created an amazing game and it’s not fair that we are not involved. Do you not know we just spent $68 B, we should be winning, wahhhhhhh”

How this guy is still employed is truly beyond me now, this just goes to show the absolute arrogance of the man.
At some point he reflects the corporate culture if he stays and he gets internal praise.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Because Sony and Nintendo are not interested in helping their competitors. Sony wants you to want a PS5 for Helldivers. If not, then you can at least buy it on PC, which isn't a competitor. That's also logical.
Slight correction: Xbox isn't interested in helping its competitors either. They proved that with buying studios and publishers and locking their games away from PlayStation.

They aren't helping competitors with multiplatform releases. They just want to make some money so the bleeding division doesn't go under. It's a survival play -- which PlayStation and Nintendo have no need of.

Last edited:
If PC players want crossplay with consoles then kernel level anticheat should be the price.

The thing is short of a computer virus. As a matter of fact it's identified as one by several programs. If their anti cheat is ever compromised a hacker will have full access to all computers running the damn game. Little to nothing should have that level of access, especially not a damn game.

Yamisan

I'm very interested in this game and have been very tempted to buy it several times on PS5. All my friends are boring sports\cod people. Is the game still fun with randoms?

ajanke

I'm very interested in this game and have been very tempted to buy it several times on PS5. All my friends are boring sports\cod people. Is the game still fun with randoms?
yes, I've had several team-ups with randoms where we stuck together for a bit. A lot of flaky folks too though.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It just beat its previous all-time CCU and the player count keeps growing. It's definitely going above 500K+ this weekend....

yRv5vFG.png

It hit 458,000 today too. It must be a hard limit since it has it that number for basically the last 3 days .

Top Bottom