• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Ten |OT| Will the winner actually get the stated prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GqueB.

Banned
There was a lot of internal turmoil with that show I think. It was slated to premiere in April, then pushed back to early June, then pushed back again to August...and none of the previews seem to be all that interesting. There's only so much you can do with a format like that.

Show seems pointless because Gordon doesn't need to be there. I've never seen Kitchen Nightmares but I'd assume that since he's a chef, his expertise makes sense in that world. He seems helpful. But for a hotel? How does he fit into that world?

benjipwns

Banned
There was a lot of internal turmoil with that show I think. It was slated to premiere in April, then pushed back to early June, then pushed back again to August...and none of the previews seem to be all that interesting. There's only so much you can do with a format like that.
It was already filmed last winter, FOX has been holding it off for a ratings/schedule gap to stick it in. IIRC, there were concerns about there being too much Ramsay with Kitchen Nightmares having just ended (plus they seemed to actually want to save The Finder somehow) and HK and MC starting up. But apparently that's no longer a concern.

Hotel Impossible is pretty amusing. But the host has a lot to do with that.

GlassBox

Banned
I am the last person to cry "racism", but the really bad treatment of Barbie by the women's team (and especially by the trailer trash and "I'm from the south yall") had me wondering.

"I just hate the way she looks at me!"

Zoe

I am the last person to cry "racism", but the really treatment of Barbie by the women's team (and especially by the trailer trash and "I'm from the south yall") had me wondering.

I really don't think they're being racist. As was discussed on the previous page, she is being very passive aggressive, and when you combine that with the outright aggressive way she acted in the beginning, it's no wonder the women don't like her.

benjipwns

Banned
I noted before that the black women contestants do seem to be quickly under fire from others and it lasts as they stay around. Barbie, Elise and Tennille weren't exactly innocent though. And the women this season were just going after everyone.

Considering the small pool and situation, it's not unreasonable that within a clique that formed a racist could steer the natural "BLAME SOMEONE" towards the black person.

The real issue is that it's always the womens team that get in these spats that single out someone talented like Barbie. The men on average do much better at targeting incompetents or at least not trying to protect them from Ramsay. Nearly every season follows the same storyline of the women win early, the men have to cast off some people and then they start winning (or at least stop the bleeding) as the women infight for five or six episodes.

I mean, how many male contestants can you remember being sent over to the red team? When Ramsay starts mixing the teams it's almost always women getting sent to blue to get them away from the fighting and because the men have taken heavy losses early. Robyn this year, Elise last year, etc.

I am the last person to cry "racism", but the really bad treatment of Barbie by the women's team (and especially by the trailer trash and "I'm from the south yall") had me wondering.

She was pretty annoying at first imo. As was almost the entire women's team from the start.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

This is instantly what I thought as well, where I didn't think it was the case with Elise.

Tiffany was obviously a huge racist.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is instantly what I thought as well, where I didn't think it was the case with Elise.

Tiffany was obviously a huge racist.

They REALLY hated on Elise, but she gave as much as she got. Still my fav that season.

you don't need to look to racism to explain a "women not getting along with each other" scenario.

VPhys

Two weeks of no Hells kitchen or master chef is brutal. I have zero to watch on Mondays and Tuesdays, damn Olympics, might as well go out and have a drink.

Gaborn

It's insanity. The owner is a completely insane, delusional idiot. People give Gordon Ramsay crap because he yells but look at the shit he has to deal with. Some people NEED a good kick in the ass.

IceCold

I am. It is crazy, you can tell Ramsay wanted to facepalm at the end of the conversation.

Seriously, he looked pissed as hell. I'm surprised so many of the employees put up with his bullshit. I wouldn't be able to deal with someone with such a holier than thou mentality.

Gaborn

seriously, talk about completely ass backwards priorities. What the hell is the POINT of the storage units if you can't even afford to pay your staff.

It's such a shame this guy is even getting any help. He is so undeserving of it but I guess Gordon has to follow through for the staff, but I bet he hates the guy like no tomorrow.

Jafku

"They don't have to work here"

You're right they don't they could leave and let you end up in the poor house you idiot

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Hotel Hell... It's just Kitchen Knightmares with hotels?

..he's going to close the Hotel halfway through the episode, isn't he?

Koomaster

It's such a shame this guy is even getting any help. He is so undeserving of it but I guess Gordon has to follow through for the staff, but I bet he hates the guy like no tomorrow.
I really wish he wouldn't; just say fuck that dude, let him go broke. I feel bad for the staff, but they should just walk and work elsewhere. You aren't getting paid on time or the right pay, no tips when the owners comp meals all the time for friends - why stay for that? My mouth was open when that one lady said her pay for 2 weeks was only $48. She also looked afraid to be saying anything; you can tell that the owners are tyrants. Robert with his 'You better be careful how hard you come down on me.' and Ari with his whole, 'I'm the boss' at the end there.

I'm guessing they are part of the delusional sect that thinks they don't have any real problems with their business, invite Ramsay for the free publicity, and watch the money roll in. Happens a lot on Kitchen Nightmares. People really are blind that they might have real problems and they are the cause of their own failures.

Again, I feel bad for the staff, but I want these guys to go under hard. I was furious throughout the episode.

IceCold

I really wish he wouldn't; just say fuck that dude, let him go broke. I feel bad for the staff, but they should just walk and work elsewhere. You aren't getting paid on time or the right pay, no tips when the owners comp meals all the time for friends - why stay for that? My mouth was open when that one lady said her pay for 2 weeks was only $48. She also looked afraid to be saying anything; you can tell that the owners are tyrants. Robert with his 'You better be careful how hard you come down on me.' and Ari with his whole, 'I'm the boss' at the end there.

I'm guessing they are part of the delusional sect that thinks they don't have any real problems with their business, invite Ramsay for the free publicity, and watch the money roll in. Happens a lot on Kitchen Nightmares. People really are blind that they might have real problems and they are the cause of their own failures.

Again, I feel bad for the staff, but I want these guys to go under hard. I was furious throughout the episode.

How could the show make anyone want to go to these Hotels/Restaurants? I'd avoid them at all costs. The preview of the episode showed that Ramsay got the fuck out though. So I hope he didn't help them after all. Hopefully, the guy and the other dumb owner that invested $1 million go broke, and spend their lives living in their stupid RV. Maybe they'll end up cooking meth to make ends meet in it...

I dont know about anyone else but I really liked HH. I think because it was a return to a time when Ramsay 1) did his own VOs, 2) moved about in a car and talked into the camera and 3) seemed to interact more on a personal level with people. Only thing I wish they would drop is having shit music in the background, then it would really feel like old Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares episodes. Looking forward to the shot for some strange reason.

The owners pissed me off; pompous, arrogant. I was surprised to see how many positive ratings they have, they're averaging around 4.5 stars it seems.

GlassBox

Banned
Maybe Hotel Hell deserves its own thread? I actually enjoyed it too. Those owners needed to be taken out back and beat-down for treating the staff like subhuman beings or animals.

Back to Hell's Kitchen, about time that Robyn got the axe, not that I think Brian from last episode should have stayed since that guy had definite issues (hitting himself, talking in weird tongues), but she made an enemy out of everyone and, unlike Barbie for the most part, deserved it.

Dana, very hot in the bikini. But man, her voice can really get annoying when she's in front of the camera.

mike23

I'm glad Robyn is gone. She was incredibly annoying, plus I'm sick of seeing her lopsided mouth. It looks like she's having a stroke every time she talks.

chris121580

Robyn is the worst. Good riddance. I've been rooting for Justin but he's kind of a tool lately. I've always liked Clemenza but I don't think he has any lives left.

As for Hotel Hell, we need a thread to discuss it. That owner is so socially awkward. I can tell you though that if I didn't get paid on time once, I'm pissed...twice I'm walking. I feel bad for these workers but they're also idiots for not leaving this guy in the dust. Can't believe their last chef stuck around for 5 years.

this_guy

I really don't like this year's cast, but Justin seems like the strongest. Robin was horrible and never took responsibility for anything.

chris121580

I really don't like this year's cast, but Justin seems like the strongest. Robin was horrible and never took responsibility for anything.

Christina hasn't really done anything to stand out lately but I've been saying since the beginning that her and Justin will be the final 2. I think Christina may take it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom