• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENSHIN!! Official Tokusatsu Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arde5643

flintstryker said:
If there's one thing that video prove, its that none of the Hesei riders henshin can compare to the awesomeness that is Black's own.

This a pretty great video though i really love Kiva's design.
My god, why are all the henshin sequences of the heisei riders so weak-ass and boring?

Seriously, Henshin sequences really determine how badass a rider looks - as much as good their designs are, the heisei riders look like real weak-asses.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Ronin said:
I thought Shinji was a fine rider. Kind of a dummy, but a heart of gold. Better than Ryotaro and Wataru for sure.

That doesn't help since I haven't watched either of those series yet =P

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I said "reeks", not actual stuff.

I mean, until vampires stop becoming pretty boys, I will not respect them. EVER.

Slayven

Ookami-kun said:
I said "reeks", not actual stuff.

I mean, until vampires stop becoming pretty boys, I will not respect them. EVER.
I don't see the connection other then monsters that feed on humans. And the love interest didn't show up til damn near the end.

Boss Doggie

Hell, the main character is already a part-Fangire (a.k.a. vampire), if that doesn't reek of typical fangirl squee...

Troidal

All Rider VS Dai Shocker posters....AWESOME!!!

1536xsg.jpg

vareon

Ookami-kun said:
Hell, the main character is already a part-Fangire (a.k.a. vampire), if that doesn't reek of typical fangirl squee...

Wataru's origins were the best part of Kiva, though. Heck, his father and mother were the best male and female character in the show, respectively.

And I loved the posters. The dark-ish color scheme that focuses on red made the riders look pretty damn heroic.

Boss Doggie

So I heard the Kamen Rider fighting game was rushed because they wanted it to come out at the time of the movie (instead of developing it further).

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Troidal said:
All Rider VS Dai Shocker posters....AWESOME!!!

1536xsg.jpg

shit, what site did you get these from? i would kill for an x or kabuto avatar sized one

Ookami-kun said:
So I heard the Kamen Rider fighting game was rushed because they wanted it to come out at the time of the movie (instead of developing it further).

ive been hearing the same. characters that are only playable in one mission in story mode is fucked up.

ReiGun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NslKUNvf7X8
Extended preview of All Riders. I cant understand a word of it, but I know I love that they got a manlier actor for Amazon. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRbckrJuYLs
W preview. Again, dont understand a word, so let's just look at the pretty Japanese boys? :/

I took the liberty of cutting up the poster and making avatars for the Hisei Riders. I'll get started on Showa tomorrow. Let me know if there's any problems with them.

kuuga.jpg

agito.jpg

ryuki.jpg

faiz.jpg

blade.jpg

hibiki.jpg

kabuto.jpg

den-o.jpg

kiva.jpg

decade.jpg

diend.jpg

Ronin

Wow, Strike is a dick. :lol

"Maybe you need a little VENT-ilation!"

The Cho brothers are great too. :lol

Troidal

All Rider vs Dai Shocker was EPIC! Even if you've seen the teaser clips, you'll feel the epicness in the big screen. I haven't felt this geeky and giddy, so much fan service even for the older fans.

And to answer the question everyone probably has: yes, this would technically be the final episode of the Decade series. Some of the ongoing plot points (ie. Amazon) in the TV series are carried over.

Shinkenger followed, I'm not a fan but it was enjoyable. Plus, it was a 3D movie :)

Troidal said:
All Rider vs Dai Shocker was EPIC! Even if you've seen the teaser clips, you'll feel the epicness in the big screen. I haven't felt this geeky and giddy, so much fan service even for the older fans.

And to answer the question everyone probably has: yes, this would technically be the final episode of the Decade series. Some of the ongoing plot points (ie. Amazon) in the TV series are carried over.

Shinkenger followed, I'm not a fan but it was enjoyable. Plus, it was a 3D movie :)
Soo how much ass did Black kick? Also was there an epic fight between him and Shadowmoon?

Troidal

flintstryker said:
Soo how much ass did Black kick? Also was there an epic fight between him and Shadowmoon?
Well...it's
Kamen Rider W
that kicks Shadow Moon. Black or RX didn't fight against him but they both had ample screentime more than the other Showa Riders.

Ookami-kun said:
Why were RX and Decade fighting then?
Because Decade suffers from a sickness called "not as manly as black syndrome" so black had to beat some level of manliness into him.

Also today i realized my first Kamen Rider series wasn't Kabuto as i had thought, as i use to watch mask rider when i was younger and has only now just realized it was the english version of Black RX.

BioFan

can I use hibiki? hehehe
just started watching hibiki, and loving it..tho after episode 29, the series turned crap, it changed director and writers...:(

Troidal

Not as cool as the promo posters...but this will do for my room:

r76m3b.jpg

The major plot in bullet points. SPOILERS of course.

1. Tsukasa reunites with his sister, and also meets Tsukikage (Shadow Moon). Tsukasa gets his memory back and calls for a Rider Tournament.

2. Decade wins the Tournament. (Here you will see him fight against RX and other Riders also fighting amongst each other.)

3. Dai Shocker fortress appears. Natsumi's grandfather reveals his true identity, Tsukasa sits on the throne as leader of Dai Shocker.

4. Tsukasa's sister (with the help of Shadow Moon) puts a spell on Yusuke turning into evil Ultimate Rising Kuuga. Natsumi escapes.

5. Tsukasa's sister and Shadow Moon takes over the throne, Tsukasa gets booted.

6. Narutaki and DiEnd helps Natsumi to gather all the Riders for one final battle. This is Narutaki's only screen time, and doesn't really explain if he was evil after all. Maybe the TV series?

7. Tsukasa meets Gackt, erhm, Riderman. Gackt teaches him some lessons.

8. Tsukasa comes back as Decade, and helps Natsumi and DiEnd. All the Shocker monsters outnumber them. And then the epic scene enters....ALL RIDER!!!

9. After defeating most of the shockers, Decade fights against Ultimate Rising Kuuga, brings some sense back into his sister and breaks the spell.

10. Shadow Moon gets pissed, fights against Decade and Kuuga. They get their ass kicked. Kamen Rider W appears with fashion and beats the crap out of Shadow Moon. A bit meh for me to have this new Rider kick too much ass.

11. All Rider Kick on Shadow Moon.

12. Giant King Dark appears. DiEnd summons giant Kamen Rider J, turns Decade into a giant belt (LOL) and J 'henshins' into giant Ultimate Form Decade (LOL x2).

13. FINAL ATTACK RIDE with Decade Rider kick, with all the Riders become the shining cards as Decade goes through each card and defeats King Dark. SO AWESOME.

14. All Rider good byes. Decade and co. continue their journey into the new world.

Boss Doggie

I already knew
W would fight Shadow Moon, but defeating SM?! WTF!

So what is Natsumi's grandpa's real identity?

Troidal

Ookami-kun said:
So what is Natsumi's grandpa's real identity?

Yeah that's the other thing that nagged me...
Ika Devil, grandpa's evil alter ego was defeated during the All Rider battle. But in the end of the movie, he's holding a photo of the Ika Devil and says something like, "Ohhhh never again." and just continues on with his typical grandpa self. So weird. Then again, Tsukasa being evil, he wasn't REALLY evil either. I guess you shouldn't think too deeply with Decade's story xD

vareon

For a movie about fanservice....

Letting a new Rider beating the crap out of everyone's favorite villain
seems weird.

Troidal

Ookami-kun said:
It's not more about fanservice but more like cashcow with some fanservice elements.

Its all about balance. And this movie does it much better than any of the pieces of shits like Xmen, Bayformers, G.I.Joe, Astroboy or Dragonball Evolution. Those dont look even close to the original piece.

Boss Doggie

I blame the kids today! They don't enjoy the badassery that is Black/RX!

Oh, and anyone disappointed with today's Decade? AH-MEY-ZOOONE!!!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ooh, nice avatars!

I went ahead and made myself a Kamen Rider J avatar. I've got a Black RX and an Amazon up for grabs too, if anyone wants them. I won't be making any more though, I'll leave that to ReiGun. :lol I just couldn't decide who I wanted to use, so I made a few different ones. Ultimately decided to give J a bit of deserved love. :D

rxavatarposter.jpg

kramazonavatar.jpg

There's the two others.

Troidal

Ookami-kun said:
I blame the kids today! They don't enjoy the badassery that is Black/RX!

Oh, and anyone disappointed with today's Decade? AH-MEY-ZOOONE!!!

Yeah after the badass Tetsuo/Black/RX festival that was Ep#26,27, this Amazon one was SO lame. The actor adds to the lameness since he can't act and deliver the lines for shit. Amazon should've been first cuz man its so anti-climactic right now.

vareon

Troidal said:
Yeah after the badass Tetsuo/Black/RX festival that was Ep#26,27, this Amazon one was SO lame. The actor adds to the lameness since he can't act and deliver the lines for shit. Amazon should've been first cuz man its so anti-climactic right now.

Best scene was he pretty much let the kid took his bracelet. Lame :lol

NeonZ

Troidal said:

I really hope it isn't the final world, just the one after Amazon. I didn't watch it, but, based on the reports I've read, it didn't say much about the plot set up in the first episodes, besides Tsukasa's origin (nothing about Narutaki or the worlds merging).

The last world of the tv series is confirmed to be a
Rider War World
due to scans, so those things might still be explained there (although probably not if it takes place before this movie).

Shiv47

Man, I am just hoping for a reasonably quick DVD/Blu-ray release of the movie, cause the wait is gonna kill me.

ReiGun

Here's the rest of the Riders. A little later than I promised, but better late then never right? :lol As a bonus, I also did Riderman Gackt, in case anyone wants him.

Ichigo.jpg

V3.jpg

X.jpg

Stronger.jpg

Skyrider.jpg

Super-1.jpg

ZX.jpg

Shin.jpg

ZO.jpg

RidermanGackt.jpg

Decade 28 was weak. They couldn't have gotten anyone else to be Amazon? Good God, how do you follow Minami Kotaro with that? After that disappointment-ton, I had to cleanse the palate with some Shinkenger. Thankfully, the episode looked pretty good. The yearly team power-up, new mech combo, and tons of Genta. Now I wait for subs.

RPM was so-so. It kinda ran into the same problem as Decade: an average episode following last weeks epicness. Tons of Zord footage this time, which was different for a show with 5 sec mech fights. And Dragon Knight grows on me more and more. "You got heart. Just no lung." :lol

Troidal

vareon said:
Best scene was he pretty much let the kid took his bracelet. Lame :lol

"What, are, you, doing? Gah, my, brace, let!"

Yeah, it was terrible.

Tetsuo would have punched that kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom