• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HEWILLNOTDIVIDE.US 24-hr Livestream (for 4 yrs of Trump presidency) (Shia LeBeouf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioHazard

The new LaBeouf, Rönkkö & Turner art installation/experiment (same people who brought you the 72-hour Shia LeBeouf movie marathon).

Live right now at Museum of the Moving Image in Queens. Is that....Jaden Smith?

http://hewillnotdivide.us/

HEWILLNOTDIVIDE.US is a participatory performance by LaBeouf, Rönkkö & Turner that invites the public to deliver the words ”He will not divide us" into a camera mounted on a wall outside the Museum of the Moving Image, repeating the phrase as many times, and for as long as they wish. The performance commences at 9:00 a.m. on January 20, 2017, the day of the inauguration of the 45th President of the United States.

Open to all, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, the participatory performance will be live-streamed continuously at www.hewillnotdivide.us for four years, or the duration of the presidency. In this way, the mantra "HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US" acts as a show of resistance or insistence, opposition or optimism, guided by the spirit of each individual participant and the community.

DirtyLarry

I actually love this idea, especially if they do keep it up for 4 full years. Will be real interesting to come back 4 years from now.
I know he takes some shit, but I can get behind Shia.

BioHazard

I live about 25 min away I should stop by after work. I think the camera is just built into the wall with the "He Will Not Divide Us" written above it

Christhor

Really cool idea and great idea, but after having it on for a couple of minutes it feels like it's no longer a phrase. Would be neat if they kept it up for four or eight years though.

Kisaya

So cool! I love the Museum of Moving Image. Definitely stopping by there when I visit home again, wish I was there now.

I'm surprised there's not more people on the stream.

strafer

Austin my man

md5is7m.png

Oh wow, I live within walking distance of that museum (which is a pretty cool museum, btw). I'm definitely going down there.....in a few years.

Mesoian

Love the woman who looks down while Austin walks by then yells 'he will divide US' really emphasizing the us after he's already walking away from the camera. Way to show how you'll stand up to Trump.

I mean, as an art piece, real thought and expounding dialogue sort of makes this all fall apart.

That being said, Austin was great and I hope more people drop by to drop knowledge beyond a simple 4 year chant. This could be an amazing soap box and real source for hope if people let it be.

Experimental art projects are cool because they tend to remind us of simple truths.

In this case, that Jaden Smith ruins everything.

Fisty

A 24hr livestreaming camera on a sidewalk in Queens that asks for your participation?

What could go wrong

Ewo

Just wait, it's probably going to be crazy tomorrow with the people coming into NYC for the march. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to be very enthusiastic in the rest of the 4 years.

Shiloa

Wait. I've just tuned in and Jaden is just saying the same thing over and over.

This topic was made a few hours ago.

Has he been doing that non-stop for hours?

E: He's still going. Fair play to him. Idiotic but more stamina than Trump for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom