• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey guys how you carry your keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

Back pocket of my jeans. Would be insanely uncomfortable to have them in the front pocket?

Left front pocket: Visa and public transport card.
Right front pocket: mobile phone
Left back pocket: keys

I used to keep them in my right pocket, but since I walk too much they would eventually make a hole in it. Now I carry them in the little pocket next to it, though if you carry too many keys I can see that's not an option.

Just as an aside how is anyone able to put anything comfortably into their back pocket like a wallet? But then I put my keys in my front pockets (with my phone OMG) without a problem

ascii42

This sounds incredibly inconvenient unless you want to accidentally break your phone or are left handed. Keys are a huge pain in the as though, especially when a new Vita/3DS game is released and I have to put the Gameboy in the pocket where keys usually go. But I'd rather put the keys in the back pocket and migrate them when I sit then do that with my phone, cause my fat ass would definitely break the screen.

I'm right handed but I've always used my left hand for phones. I thought that was normal. That way you can talk on the phone and write something down at the same time.

Front left pocket.

I only buy pants with big front pockets e.g. can fit my entire hand with fingers spread a bit.

So many key jinglers here.

KillGore

Carabiners looks dorky as fuck, GAF. To each their own, though.

Also, back pockets seem way too unsafe (for phones and/or keys)

Sch1sm

On a lanyard - through a belt loop with the keys tucked into my right pocket.

I used to use a caribaner, but they make too much noise even for me, lol.

blamite

sJQLPSAm.png

On a key ring, of course. In my front pocket with my wallet. They're basically unloseable.

Jhoan

If I wear a jacket with a pocket on the inside, I plop them in there. If I don't, then I keep them inside the front pocket of my messenger bag. I don't have none of the above, then it's the left pocket with my wallet and business card case. I got too many keys with four that I use actively and the rest I use to open stuff with. Keys feel uncomfortable to carry but it's pretty convenient to have a bottle opener.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
I do not carry keys. Like that previous poster I do not drive so no car keys needed. I go in and out of my house via keypad.

I guess I have house keys in my backpack for emergency or if power was out and I needed to "unlock" my door. But I do not carry keys on my person at all really.

Sometimes I carry my work key in my jacket pocket but mostly it sits in my desk unless I need it.

riotous

Banned
Usually have a jacket since the weather isn't too hot to forgoe one often here; use a jacket pocket.

But it's a single key fob; so in the summer I just make sure to carabiner it to my jorts.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Front right pocket. Phone in the left.

Violet_0

Banned
There are people out there that actually hang them from the front of their pants? Come on brehs, that shit looks beyond stupid, you look like a highschool janitor.

Tone down your key collection to the essentials and just put them in your front or jacket pocket. Done.

I was gonna say, those carabiners look ridicules. I just put them in my pockets, but I'm also not a Keymaster and carry around a billion keys with me so what do I know

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
On a Nite-ize carabiner attached to my belt loop. Make sure you get a quality carabiner like niteize if you do this though. I was using cheap ones and almost lost my keys a couple times (over like a decade). The night-ize is rock solid though, regular pimp.

KillerBEA

Whenever I see a lanyard that's actually carried on a person (not just to keep keys together/make them more visible in the house or something), I see an accident waiting to happen.
This is on of the reasons why I switched from lanyards to carabiner. The lanyard would get caught on stuff. When I worked fast food my keys almost landed in the fryer because of it. One of my co worker also used to pull the lanyard. Sometimes getting it out of my pocket and taking my keys for shits and giggles.

Aselith

This is on of the reasons why I switched from lanyards to carabiner. The lanyard would get caught on stuff. When I worked fast food my keys almost landed in the fryer because of it. One of my co worker also used to pull the lanyard. Sometimes getting it out of my pocket and taking my keys for shits and giggles.

You could... leave the lanyard in the pocket, nah mean?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Those of you separating keys and phone - where does your loose change go? I found it annoying to try and fish loose change from between keys, which is why I cut down on how many keys I carry and put the keys in my coin pocket now.

I do wish jeans makers would make the coin pocket a little larger though. Make it a key pocket

oneils

About half the year, I wear a coat and the keys go in a coat pocket. Otherwise they go in my right front pants pocket if I'm walking to work (or in a backpack if I'm using one). When I get to work they go in a small drawer in my cube. They stay there till I go home. Don't think I've ever forgotten them.

On weekends I wear loose fitting jeans. I barely feel my keys. Loose fitting or relaxed fit jeans ftw.

Aselith

Those of you separating keys and phone - where does your loose change go? I found it annoying to try and fish loose change from between keys, which is why I cut down on how many keys I carry and put the keys in my coin pocket now.

I do wish jeans makers would make the coin pocket a little larger though. Make it a key pocket

Paying with change? Doing it wrong already right there.

Khasim

Front left chest pocket when outside and wearing a coat/jacket, left butt pocket when no jacket or at work.

I don't wear many keys and the chairs at work are pretty soft so I don't mind.

Problems start when I sit in public transportation with metal seats - ouch - so I avoid doing that. No problems otherwise.

kinn

Same for me. I think I have something like 15 keys on mine, plus my car key. I ordered the bottle opener extension recently, too.

There's a separate hook for your car keys.

Yeah, I ordered the bottle opener, and I have the expansion packs that let it hold up to 32 keys or something like that. The only thing that is a bit annoying is that the keys fit in kind of loosely, so they still shift around some.

Yeah same here a bit. Best to maybe try rearrange the keys/add remove the rubber washer thingies... Tighten the screw a bit more... Or maybe get some keys refute maybe....but still love the thing!

Link

The Autumn Wind

People still carry change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom