• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey guys how you carry your keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wall

Banned
I'm not making fun of those guys, they do a great job!. I assumed he works in an office of some sort and in my office we are all pretty close and we all make fun of each other for different shit. I felt like a guy in office casual jingle jangling keys around all day would be hilarious, like an episode of Seinfeld.

Sorry, I took that as a negative jib at people who do that kind of work... or that your office actually sits around and demeans people who do that kind of work.

Jean pockets are the worst IMO. The design hasn't changed in forever and doesn't take into account what people are actually carrying these days. Big phones in the front thigh or rear pocket make sitting down impossible without taking them out first, and keys on keyrings always end up digging into your skin. And nobody uses that damn coin pocket.

They need to make a jean with pockets on the side of the thigh.

you talking about cargo pant?

I have one of these

IMG_9873-533x400.jpg

I have a LOT of keys

fits very easily into a pocket (pants/coat), doesn't look like a mess if you want to put it on the table while in a meeting or something.
Same for me. I think I have something like 15 keys on mine, plus my car key. I ordered the bottle opener extension recently, too.

Yah but I'm like 24 still

These are neat but my car key wouldn't fit and that's like a 1/3rd of my keys
Always wanted one of these, but my dumb car key has a huge plastic piece on it. So only like 3 of my keys would fit into this thing.
There's a separate hook for your car keys.

This. Love mine. Also eliminates the key jangling sounds also. And also looks so cool. Car key is attached seperate though. Can also have a bottle opener in there also.
Yeah, I ordered the bottle opener, and I have the expansion packs that let it hold up to 32 keys or something like that. The only thing that is a bit annoying is that the keys fit in kind of loosely, so they still shift around some.

Galbir

Neo Member
I've got about 12 keys at work so I use one of these:

EJ1028414608.JPG

With one of these on my belt just in case:

shopping

Keeps my keys full proof and keeps them from dangling. Only thing I don't like is the sound.

Yeah but imagine a classier version without the bagginess and zips and velcro flaps. That's my dream right there!

I had a wool pair of cargo pants from like J. Crew back in the day that probably could have passed for business casual, with buttoned pockets, no zips, no velcro. The issue isn't that pockets have failed to become more functional, it's that fashion has actively moved away from functional designs (carpenter/painter/cargo jeans) to non functional designs (skinny jeans).

Edit: not that any of those "functional" 90s jeans were actually useful to most people. The only thing that stupid loop on the side of the leg on my carpenter jeans did was get snagged on stuff and rip my jeans in half.

Edit again: also this thing is awesome

I've got an Orbitkey, it's pretty sweet. Basically a half-size Keysmart.

I was thinking about making a thread similar to this one but this Orbitkey seems perfect.

CIB0OTp.jpg

I've got an Orbitkey, it's pretty sweet. Basically a half-size Keysmart.
Ah, that's pretty nifty. I like to keep it simple but if I ever decide to going back to any kind of keychain this might be it. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah but imagine a classier version without the bagginess and zips and velcro flaps. That's my dream right there!
There are plenty of non-baggy, business casual-looking "cargo" pants out there. These don't seem so bad (though I don't like the side pockets to be so low):

I own a pair of non-baggy cargo pants that I use for camping/hiking and they're great (can't remember the brand though). I've even seen some that would look good in an office environment.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Don't have my own car yet, but when I drive my parent's cars usually in my right pocket. Keep my phone in the left tens I'm left handed and don't want to scratch it.

Edit: not that any of those "functional" 90s jeans were actually useful to most people. The only thing that stupid loop on the side of the leg on my carpenter jeans did was get snagged on stuff and rip my jeans in half.
lol I always wondered what that was for. I never owned a pair so I assumed carpenter's hammer? But then, don't carpenters usually own tool belts? *shrug*

I don't carry a single key on me, which is kind of odd now that I think of it. I don't drive and my girlfriend is usually home when I get home from work. On the odd occasion she's out she just leave the door unlocked for me.

Well I don't have that many keys. Just my house and car keys, plus some accessories. So it fits fine in one of my front pockets.

I live in a safe area, what can I say?
Yeah, I pretty much never lock my doors either, even if no one is going to be home all day. It just doesn't occur to me to be something that needs doing (and we've never been robbed in the twelve years of living in this house).

That said, there's still a house key on my key ring. Might as well, even though I could get in with the hidden key or by climbing up to the balcony on the second floor.

Watevaman

lol I always wondered what that was for. I never owned a pair so I assumed carpenter's hammer? But then, don't carpenters usually own tool belts? *shrug*

Yeah, it's for a hammer. I used to own a bunch of carpenter shorts and I would always hang my hammer there if I needed one, but I wasn't a full blown carpenter with my own tool belt.

xJavonta

Banned
Yeah, I pretty much never lock my doors either, even if no one is going to be home all day. It just doesn't occur to me to be something that needs doing (and we've never been robbed in the twelve years of living in this house).

That said, there's still a house key on my key ring. Might as well, even though I could get in with the hidden key or by climbing up to the balcony on the second floor.

this is fucking crazy, you do know that?

Dominator

The only key I carry around is my car key, and it flips up from a button so the key actually doesn't stick out at all. Keep it in my left pocket with my wallet.

The reason I don't have any other keys is because my house has a button lock. I put in a code and it opens the door.

edit: watching a lot of Asian shows lately, ive this idea of changing to those type of locks and movement triggered lights ^^

i dislike carrying keys so i leave them in the car and only carry the car keys (which i dislike to do but what can you do)

edit2:

heck, sometimes i like to live dangerously and enter my home via the garage door (control remote on my visor) and only leave one door without lock. im shit out of luck that weird moment that energy is cut so i have to wait outside for it to come back lol happened a couple of times

nullref

Ideally in a front-left jacket pocket, or maybe a bag if I'm carrying one. Front left pants pocket as a last resort.

When out and about, they are kept in the front pocket. I have two keys, the car and house, and then a couple of reward cards.

My wife is another story. She has a several keys and one key has this rubber case around it that doesn't fit right on the key right, so it protrudes out and stabs the hell out of you if you keep them in your pocket. I call it the death trap. Hate her set.

Matticers

I swear everyone must be wearing skinny jeans these days. I've put my keys and my wallet in my right pocket forever and I don't get poked and it doesn't feel that bulky. I keep an iphone 6S+ in the left front pocket. I'm able to sit down and move around perfectly fine. I don't even notice them there. I also don't worry about anything falling out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom