• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey nerds, will my XB1 copy of NHL 22 looks like the Series X version on my Series X?

teezzy

Banned
Literally just bought the Xbox One version of NHL 22 yesterday, opened and installed it

I see it's compatible with both consoles obviously

6474692_sd.jpg

Went to Target to buy some light bulbs today and didn't expect to see a Series X in the wild

Bought it immediately

Installing the game now

It will run as if I purchased the Series X version or just an XB1 game on my Series X?

😊 thanks

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

teezzy

Banned

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

It dont say anything about visual upgrades?

Sorry. Im as clueless as u about this.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Just an XB1 game on the XSX. You need to buy the dual entitlement xfactor version to get both versions(like NBA, Fifa, BF etc)

Edit: Of course you can just buy the XSX version of the standard edition but then that wouldn't have played on the XB1:

51ENwLh3YWL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Last edited:
No, why would it, smart delivery isn't a default entitlement, it only exists for first party and publishers who opt in.
Unless the box only says series x, or has the x/s sticker on it, you bought the wrong one

Genx3

I don't even have a 4k television

😬

I don't think I need a fancy one, ive held onto 1080p this long. Maybe I'll just buy an entry level Samsung or something when I return these light bulbs (bought the wrong size)
Damn son, if you can't even buy the correct lightbulbs how are you going to buy the correct TV?

Do some research before buying any TV even an entry level.

Genx3

Literally just bought the Xbox One version of NHL 22 yesterday, opened and installed it

I see it's compatible with both consoles obviously

6474692_sd.jpg

Went to Target to buy some light bulbs today and didn't expect to see a Series X in the wild

Bought it immediately

Installing the game now

It will run as if I purchased the Series X version or just an XB1 game on my Series X?

😊 thanks
I think it's misleading that they put Xbox Series X on it when you only get the Xbox One version.

Very misleading.

This should be more specific and state it's the Xbox One version of the game.

I think it's misleading that they put Xbox Series X on it when you only get the Xbox One version.

Very misleading.
It's not, because it works on series x, the series x/s only games only say "xbox" on top and don't have xbox one listed, because they don't work on xbox one.
The on OP bought says "xbox one" on top, so it's the xb1 version, but it also works on series x, so it's listed additionally.

series x/s covers:
nhl-22-nordic.jpg

xbox one covers:
XLoMAZR.jpg

Batiman

Banned
I exchanged guardians of the galaxy PS4 the other day got the Xbox series x version and somehow it was 10$ cheaper.

teezzy

Banned
Going to put the Xbox One S in my bedroom with the old TV and play this old version of NHL 22 on there

Will pick up a Series X copy and play it on the new TV in the living room on the new console

🤔

It's not, because it works on series x, the series x/s only games only say "xbox" on top and don't have xbox one listed, because they don't work on xbox one.
The on OP bought says "xbox one" on top, so it's the xb1 version, but it also works on series x, so it's listed additionally.

series x/s covers:

xbox one covers:
Which one plays Xbox Series S?

Cattlyst

You won’t see any upgrades in terms of visuals. EA’s sports games from 22 onwards are offered in ‘last gen’ (Xbox One) and ‘next gen’ (series s and x) versions. To get the visual extras you need the dedicated series s and x version, identified by the little X / S logo on the box or download. Hope this makes sense. You have bought the Xbox One version. You need the dedicated Series S X version for the extra ‘pizazz’

Genx3

series x/s covers:
nhl-22-nordic.jpg

xbox one covers:
XLoMAZR.jpg
They could've put the word version after Xbox One at the top since they clearly wrote Series X/S.

Would definitely make it more clear for those people that don't know any better.

Kagey K

Banned
No, why would it, smart delivery isn't a default entitlement, it only exists for first party and publishers who opt in.
Unless the box only says series x, or has the x/s sticker on it, you bought the wrong one
It’s really only EA and Activision and Take 2 that are super shitty about trying to milk next gen players. Almost everyone else seems to be on board with smart delivery.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

Confusing mess
If it says series x on the box you should be entitled to a Series x version, if there is one.

We know the Xbox one version works on Series X. It’s backwards compatible.
It really isn't.
The fact that the Series X version is $10 more should've been their first clue.

teezzy

Banned
It really isn't.
The fact that the Series X version is $10 more should've been their first clue.

Pluck a turd out of my butthole and eat it. I opened and installed the Xbox One version yesterday, not thinking I'd magically find a Series X on store shelves today.

For the average consumer who doesn't haunt goblin dens like GAF, this isn't the most straight forward thing. Do they really need to even advertise Series X compatibility on Xbox One pacakaging?

Hell, even the store employees put Series X cases for the game in both the Xbox Series X and Xbox One sections of the display:

20220101_160259.jpg

20220101_160247.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
Pluck a turd out of my butthole and eat it. I opened and installed the Xbox One version yesterday, not thinking I'd magically find a Series X on store shelves today.

For the average consumer who doesn't haunt goblin dens like GAF, this isn't the most straight forward thing. Do they really need to even advertise Series X compatibility on Xbox One pacakaging?

Hell, even the store employees put Series X cases for the game in both the Xbox Series X and Xbox One sections of the display:

20220101_160259.jpg

20220101_160247.jpg
+1 for goblin dens. Made me laugh anyway

coffinbirth

I'm not a nerd 🤮
paying attention =/= being a nerd

Also, that tv you got was cheaper than the damn Series X itself...60hz, slow pixel response time, no VRR, no HDMI 2.1, no Dolby Vision, low nits, no local dimming??? Barf indeed.

Do yourself a favor and take that thing back and get a Sony X90J. They are on sale right now.

20220101_160259.jpg

20220101_160247.jpg
Like I said, paying attention...
My wife didn't make this mistake and she has no clue what any of this shit is, lol.

intbal

Not my kind of game, but now I'm interested in the various versions of release.
Late games for 8th gen always have enhancements for the Xbox One X. The game might run at 900p/30hz on Xbox One, but 1800p/30hz on Xbox One X with better graphical features.
I can't find any evidence that this game has any option for improvement on Xbox One X. Did EA actually go backwards in design and release a game that's identical on One S and One X?

sendit

series x/s covers:
nhl-22-nordic.jpg

xbox one covers:
XLoMAZR.jpg
Based on that box cover. I’m assuming the Series X version doesn’t work with the Series S.

Either way, what a mess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom