• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hey nerds, will my XB1 copy of NHL 22 looks like the Series X version on my Series X?

The way the box labeling works is confusing but there is a system to it.

Xbox Series X: The most obvious, only works on SX. Has a Series X sticker on it too.
zG5MRmT.jpg

Xbox Series X/Xbox One: The disc uses Smart delivery and installs either SX or X1. Also has an extra black Series X sticker on the top right of the box.
yJBnplz.jpg

Xbox One/Series X: You’re only getting the Xbox One version, but it’s playable through backwards compatibility on Series X. Doesn’t have the Series X sticker. Like your initial copy of NHL.

That being said it is fucking stupid publishers like EA won’t give you the SX/X1 versions on one disc and maybe those should just be labeled “Xbox One” only.

JCK75

A large part of why I love PC gaming is being able to just keep playing games from generation to generation and even make them look better, the fact that consoles have finally nailed that is awesome and makes me more likely to buy more console games.

DaGwaphics

Yeah, but it's not stupid, they are different games. Idk about NHL but FIFA 22 has significant gameplay differences between the two versions, that's why they're not compatible.

I had wondered why there seemed to be less players on Madden after I got XSS. I guess that explains it.

Microsoft need to reconsider their design perhaps making the X/S version black instead of green and with Xbox S/X branding rather than Xbox.
The new branding is a green xbox logo with a white header, fh5 and halo infinite are the first ones to have it; there's not going to be s branding again because the xss doesn't have a disc drive.

Top Bottom