• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

ggx2ac

to be fair, platina is Japanese for Platinum right? Or do they actually use Platinum for Japanese naming Platinum Games?

It has to do with how japanese, for one reason or another, adopted platinum as a loanword but they say it like platina. Officially, platinum is pronounced platina over there. But kamiya is being anal about how P* uses a more accurate pronunciation of the word for their company name.

If we flipped the scenario, it would be like if the owner of restaurant called "Karate'k Out" got annoyed by people calling it "kuh-rot-eke out" when it was supposed to sound like "kara-take out"

Raitaro

I knew I had read this thread before.

I have just realized I have been at my current job for 5 years. Fuck that's depressing.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been without a job for the same amount of time. Guess I'm officially a full time dad / home maker now...

injurai

Banned
Scalebound |OT| 「プラチナゲームズ」ですね…

200.gif

If it makes you feel any better, I've been without a job for the same amount of time. Guess I'm officially a full time dad / home maker now...
I fucking wish man. I love my kids and would love to spend every day with them year round. As it is I get about 4 months a year at home on ei and I absolutely love having my kids 4 - 5 days a week

Riposte

So I guess his Japanese fans are just as annoying as the western ones lol.

To be fair, he's really bothered about a really minuscule thing when it comes to Japanese followers. Us westerns can be much worse. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he's being trolled by a few at this point.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
To be fair, he's really bothered about a really minuscule thing when it comes to Japanese followers. Us westerns can be much worse. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he's being trolled by a few at this point.

yeah, makes you wonder if this is organized trolling since Japanese people do do that

Raitaro

I fucking wish man. I love my kids and would love to spend every day with them year round. As it is I get about 4 months a year at home on ei and I absolutely love having my kids 4 - 5 days a week

Don't get me wrong - I love hanging out daily with my 10 m.o. daughter for sure even if it can be very draining as well. I was simply musing about the fact that I never managed to get any sort of career off the ground beforehand, mostly because of my wife's career and us moving around for it, and am now essentially "stuck" at home (in a new city / country no less, where I know no-one and don't speak the language well) with two unused MA degrees while seeing pretty much all other parents go off to work while dropping their child(ren) off at guest moms or daycare (which we don't have access to due to waiting lists). Guess we all have our problems and wishes, no?

Anyway, I'll stop de-railing the thread now. Back to Kamiya!

ramparter

Banned
You were supposed to have read his tweet from 3 years a go that said "I'll block idiots who ask me about making 1v1 fighting game".

L Thammy

...Are you reading something I'm not? He's brushing aside the comparison completely and stating his actual motivation for making Okami.

ps twilight princess sux
okami meh

Yagharek

Okami and Twilight Princess were always their own thing. Sometimes it just so happens that games with similar themes and ideas are designed at the same time.

Second Sight and Psi Ops both had telekinesis as a major focus and came out within weeks of each other. Also around the same time Okami and TP were in the press.

zelas

It has to do with MS.
He deleted his tweet but this is the tweet he made in Japanese.

MSのクソどもはよー…俺をナメてんのか…?
— 神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya (@PG_kamiya) 2015, 7月 29

Rough translation.
"Those shits at MS... are they fucking with me...?"

If I were to go to Gamescom, I want to go for users, not as a prop of Xbox Briefing.
— 神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya (@PG_kamiya) July 29, 2015
Scalebound: Hideki Kamiya Furious About Microsoft's Marketing For Gamescom 2015

Everything finally comes to light.

Top Bottom