• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton is ready to join the resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfool

Banned
Here's me rolling with my crew.

150923-bullingdon.jpg

Now quote that in another thread to prove how much of a Tory I am.

aKTnAvX.png

looks about right.

Funny that you're arguing about being a Tory, not the numerous other idiotic positions you took.

akileese

This is a perfect fit for her going forward. Democrats need all the help they can get regardless of your own feelings towards her. Anybody upset about this need to get their head out of their ass.

I keep trying to explain this to people I know but they don't get it. You cannot win at the city/county/state level without the money to win those races. It can be really rough raising money in districts opposite of your party.

Yes, and I've said as much throughout the thread.

Then I am confused what this whole back and forth is meant to be about? That I should be more willing to engage with reactionaries? I don't even give that kindness to my own family when they're being stupid. I am not that good of a person and I didn't go to school to learn how to communicate to toddlers.

Cocaloch

Then I am confused what this whole back and forth is meant to be about? That I should be more willing to engage with reactionaries? I don't even give that kindness to my own family when they're being stupid. I am not that good of a person and I didn't go to school to learn how to communicate to toddlers.

That we should stop pretending that everyone we disagree with is a toddler because some people are.

Oemenia

Banned
aKTnAvX.png

looks about right.

Funny that you're arguing about being a Tory, not the numerous other idiotic positions you took.
Trust me, I'm too much even for the Skulls & Bones. If some people want to dig up my antics, they only need to read my GAF posts.

Hillary has always been a good fundraiser, so if she's raising money for groups like Swing Left, Flippable, or Indivisible, more power to her.

That's what constant propaganda and lies will do to people.

I'd bet dollars to donuts there is more than 70 percent overlap with the "marketing doesn't work on me" crowd

Good on HRC for doing something that is a huge net positive that she doesn't have to. Lord knows she's done more than the people in this thread combined.

Sometimes I feel like people let their own personal code that is grounded in their anecdotal experience cloud their judgement of society's net positive as backed by facts. She ain't my fave but a good thing is a good thing. Reax is disappointing from some of ya.

That we should stop pretending that everyone we disagree with is a toddler because some people are.

If all they do is drop in here and say Clinton, eww go to the woods, then they are a toddler.

Its like you have assembled this pristine strawman. People are bewildered by the same commentary over and over again for 8pages. Eww Clinton go to the woods, fuck off, die already, etc.

No one has a problem with or for that matter calling them a toddler if they stick around and actually offer a reasoned response to why they are against this. Notice how that type of commentary in this thread is dare I say, non-existent.

I still remember the old days when gamers hatted her because she wanted to censor the shit out of video games. Good times.
Even that's fake news, she didn't want to censor shit. She wanted to make sure M games weren't being sold to children without their parent's consent, which is how it's already supposed to be now. That was also in 2005.

Trump wanted the same thing btw as late as 2012, found that out when I needed to shut up an alt-righter.

She voted for the Iraq War for starters.

So did a lot of folk. Hey 45 supported it to.

Also let's think back right. So many respected folks were saying Sadam was definitely involved. Now think to being one of the Congressional members from NYC. If you were in the same position where you represent NY AND folks beyond reproach are telling you they know for a fact that Iraq was involved.

People change their minds once they get all the facts. Also the war in Iraq is the reason for this sharp divide in politics as that was the point the Republicans cashed in their credibility and played the Democrats.

Cocaloch

If all they do is drop in here and say Clinton, eww go to the woods, then they are a toddler.

Sure.

Its like you have assembled this pristine strawman. People are bewildered by the same commentary over and over again for 8pages. Eww Clinton go to the woods, fuck off, die already, etc.

It's more than that. People since the very first page were providing more explanation than just fuck Clinton. More importantly the sentiment I'm taking issue with is fairly common on GAF.

I'm obviously not making a strawman. What I'm talking about is absolutely in this thread. The example I provided didn't count for you for some reason though.

The left liberal wing of the democratic party is becoming increasingly hostile to the leftist wing, especially on this website. People on the first page were shitting on Clinton because of some pretty unfair sentiments. People on the first page were also ready to shit on anyone who wasn't 100% on board because of some pretty unfair sentiments. Again, this is not a strawman. It's happened in this thread.

No one has a problem with or for that matter calling them a toddler if they stick around and actually offer a reasoned response to why they are against this. Notice how that type of commentary in this thread is dare I say, non-existent.

I'll refer you back to the post I refereed to earlier. There are also plenty of posts from some of the usual suspects like the Canadian guy with the Qubert avatar.

Even that's fake news, she didn't want to censor shit. She wanted to make sure M games weren't being sold to children without their parent's consent, which is how it's already supposed to be now. That was also in 2005.

Trump wanted the same thing btw as late as 2012, found that out when I needed to shut up an alt-righter.

No way. Maybe that's a newer spin, but I could swear there was more to it then keeping kids from mature games, and further back, like the 90's.

Mandela effect?

or maybe voting for Clinton in the primary doesn't correlate to actively disliking Sanders. Hmm

Well, if someone is "overwhelmingly popular" (Your words, not mine) you would think they would win the primary.

Why didn't someone who is "overwhelmingly popular" win the primary? Can you please explain this to me?

You can't.

Go check the recent polls. He's the most popular policitian at the country atm.

Hillary has a lower approval rating than Trump last time I checked.

Can you explain why someone who is the most popular politician in the country didn't win the Democratic primary?

Perhaps it's because this whole popularity metric is pretty damn meaningless. Hillary Clinton used to be the most popular politician in the country too. Popularity is really just a matter of, "How hard is the smear machine being aimed at you at this very time?" or, "How incompetent are you when you are in office?"

D i Z

"does NOT plan to be some visible face of the democrats"

Leaks an announcement of an announcement.

idontbeliveyou.gif

To be fair, the most effective way to signal for support is to light a fire to be seen from miles around, not passing notes around in the dark. It'll work, so I'll not knock it.

This isn't even about a disagreement. "Fuck off hillary" is not an opinion. When they act out of a reaction to a name instead of reading and understanding the scenario then I am going to see them as being about equivalent to a toddler. Her name alone should not elicit some of the responses that flooded the thread.

No way. Maybe that's a newer spin, but I could swear there was more to it, and further back, like the 90's.

Mandela effect?
Not that I've found. But yeah combine a woman Democrat politician and just the mere mention of games censorship and watch as the 4chan neckbeards lose their shit and roll with it.

I can't blame you for believing it was more extensive.

Sounded more like they have no comment until it's ready to launch and have a name, not that she's trying to stay off the radar.

The project is still very in the works. Dean said, for instance, he did not know if they would be hiring staff. (“We haven’t gotten there yet.”) He is adamant that this kind of project can’t be run from “the top-down” and that he will “absolutely not” be running it with Clinton.

There’s no name for project, either. “Not only is there not a name for it yet, but there probably never will be,” Dean said, describing the effort as a “loose affiliation of groups” that the project will try to facilitate working together.

“We’re not gonna tell them what they have to do,” he said. “This is not a top-down organization. It can’t be with this generation.”

Literally from the article.

Cocaloch

Well, if someone is "overwhelmingly popular" (Your words, not mine) you would think they would win the primary.

Why didn't someone who is "overwhelmingly popular" win the primary? Can you please explain this to me?

You can't.

I don't think Bernie would have won the general, though then again I also thought he was going to be beaten far harder in the primary. But the answer to how this is possible is fairly obvious. Voting Between Bernie and Hillary is fundamentally different than Voting between Hillary and Trump or Bernie and Trump. This is especially true when you take into account the fact that the Bernie Hillary vote was a pretty specific group of voters. The claim is that Despite the fact that Hillary was more popular when pitted against Bernie among the democratic primary voters she would actually be less popular when pitted against Trump amongst the general voter. Personally I think it's probably the other way around, but it's not like it's impossible to hold such an opinion.

This isn't even about a disagreement. "Fuck off hillary" is not an opinion. When they act out of a reaction to a name instead of reading and understanding the scenario then I am going to see them as being about equivalent to a toddler.

Sure, but fuck off Hilary was not the only response in the thread. Acting like it was is a big part of the problem I'm driving at here.

Her name alone should not elicit some of the responses that flooded the thread.

Sure.

Good on staying out of the public view, and keep your family out too. Some good deeds and funding for the DNC might put in you in a footnote after Al Gore on the right side of history, especially after losing the election by not listening to your allies (Including, oh what's that guy's name... Obama or something?) AGAINST FUCKING TRUMP.

Kind of crazy to see so many people's opinion of Clinton in here turn so dramatically after she lost the election.
Hm, I wonder why?

It might be because some hardcore stans made some other posters believe, blindly, that Hillary would win despite specific instances and articles on GAF where people hinted at the opposite. Maybe because some people might be really, really affected by Trump's policies on a life or death level. Perhaps because there were signs that she was an out of touch moron that were ignored by the media.

(Thank god Trump is such a fucking chickenshitfuck and his 'comrades' are also idiotic morons)

Can you explain why someone who is the most popular politician in the country didn't win the Democratic primary?

Perhaps it's because this whole popularity metric is pretty damn meaningless. Hillary Clinton used to be the most popular politician in the country too. Popularity is really just a matter of, "How hard is the smear machine being aimed at you at this very time?" or, "How incompetent are you when you are in office?"

God it hurts to say but if popularity mattered we would have the first woman President with Hillary in office.

Edit:mad:above poster (and not attacking you just a general thought)- maybe more people should have went out to vote for her if they were concerned than sit home or vote third party. A handful of states didnt vote for the president but voted Dem down ballot because these people are fucking ignorant and can't see the forest for the trees.

Sadly there are only two parties and you vote for the one party of the two that best represents you. There will never be a third party who will win anything, period. That's now how the Dems and Republican parties have structured it after Perot. So people need to deal with it and stop being pedantic children with their heads in the sand. If you didn't want Trump's policies then you should have voted to prevent it by voting for Clinton. That is how the left loses because the Right understands the reality of politics in America.

I'm obviously not making a strawman. What I'm talking about is absolutely in this thread. The example I provided didn't count for you for some reason though.

The left liberal wing of the democratic party is becoming increasingly hostile to the leftist wing, especially on this website. People on the first page were shitting on Clinton because of some pretty unfair sentiments. People on the first page were also ready to shit on anyone who wasn't 100% on board because of some pretty unfair sentiments. Again, this is not a strawman. It's happened in this thread.

There have been countless, it happens every dozen posts a new person rolling in and dropping a go away comment without any additional commentary.

You pointed to one person saying the equivalent in the other direction. Its no where near on the same level at all.

It isn't nearly the same, but w/e. I'm done with this, its obviously pointless.

Sure, but fuck off Hilary was not the only response in the thread. Acting like it was is a big part of the problem I'm driving at here.

Do the math man, it is the overwhelming majority of commentary. Where are the posts saying nah Hillary and then engaging in a discussion as to why. Vs the other way it is what, can you even find that many.

This isn't even about a disagreement. "Fuck off hillary" is not an opinion. When they act out of a reaction to a name instead of reading and understanding the scenario then I am going to see them as being about equivalent to a toddler. Her name alone should not elicit some of the responses that flooded the thread.

And it floods every thread instantly and aggressively forever on this forum.

Oemenia

Banned

Also let's think back right. So many respected folks were saying Sadam was definitely involved. Now think to being one of the Congressional members from NYC. If you were in the same position where you represent NY AND folks beyond reproach are telling you they know for a fact that Iraq was involved.

People change their minds once they get all the facts. Also the war in Iraq is the reason for this sharp divide in politics as that was the point the Republicans cashed in their credibility and played the Democrats.
I love this one, the Iraq war was just a mistake. Let's move on guys!

Cocaloch

There have been countless, it happens every dozen posts a new person rolling in and dropping a go away comment without any additional commentary.

Yes, and I've acknowledged that literally the whole thread. What more do you want me to do?

You pointed to one person saying the equivalent in the other direction. Its no where near on the same level at all.

There are other people saying similar things in this thread. I'm not going to make a claim about which one is more common, because I'm not sure if there is a meaningful way to measure that and I'm also not sure it matters.

But I'm not going to go dig up more posters since you'll just move the goal post again. And being direct and quoting people and pointing out they are doing something shitty in particular is far more likely to backfire than just pointing out there is a general problem in a large community.

D i Z

Alright, I may not agree with your point on the value of a discussion surrounding the concerns about optics, especially if we just stop and look around at today, yesterday, any damned day since the REPS backed Trump.
These concerns are mostly thin veils, and the knee knocking isn't something I can take seriously. What we should be discussing is where do we at our level of understanding and information believe funds should go, where do we really need it the most, what's prudent, and how she could be most effective at bankrolling operations.
But that's not nearly as interesting as the anxiety and hardheadedness that leads to "why won't she just go awaaaaaay".
Get us around that hurdle, and we can have a proper discussion.

Cocaloch

Do the math man, it is the overwhelming majority of commentary. Where are the posts saying nah Hillary and then engaging in a discussion as to why.

You're right there are more. I'm not sure how that is a justification.

Vs the other way it is what, can you even find that many.

I can't parse this.

What do you want us to do?

I would like people to move away from attacking leftists/ambiguously defined Bernie bros, and call out the specific posts you find problematic for the specific reason you find them problematic if you're going to be using charged emotional language.

More broadly I'd like people on this forum to move away from attacking people to the left of the dems in general. If you disagree with someone that's fine. Target the person you're disagreeing on the specific topic with which you disagree with them. If it's just a general I think this is bad, that's fine too, but leave out the essentiallizing negative traits to large groups.

kirblar

In this country, it was pushed by the GOP, not the Dems! Many Dems were just dumb enough to believe them! (Or not in a political position where opposition to something that was going through regardless given the absurdly toxic political climate at the time.)

pigeon

Banned

Wait, cmon.

It was not impossible to identify that the Iraq War was a bad idea. I marched against the war and I was just a dumb college student.

The Dems got suckered into supporting an unnecessary war. But that's still bad! We should hope for politicians that are smart enough and principled enough not to get suckered into unnecessary wars.

Yep that is exactly what I said. Im saying what would you do in that position? But whatever it doesn't matter no one thinks. It's like when people trot out the crime bill as why Bernie is better than Hillary without realizing he voted for it.

The war was a mistake but think back to the time, hindsight is 20/20. Think back to the fact that the people selling it were people who built a career of being beyond reproach and lost all of that after it turned out it was all bullshit that the rest of the government bought into. Also think about being a member of Congress from NY who was attacked.

But nope, let's continue to tar a feather over a decision 15-16 years ago during a much different time during the country where we had just suffered the first major attack on our shores since what, Pearl Harbor?

Edit: Kirblar is definitely explaining what I'm trying to say better than I am.

KingK

They had 20 years to fight it. An entire generation grew up thinking that shit wasn't just right-wing bullshit.
A lot, even the vast majority of it, may be right-wing bullshit, but there are enough legitimately shady and shitty things about the Clintons to allow that shit to fester a lot easier.

I would honestly rather have the Clintons, their orbit of loyalists, and their entire political brand excised from the party completely. Barring that, I suppose I won't throw a fit as long as they don't become pubic figures/voices for the party or try to influence it from the shadows.

Muzy72

Banned
The article literally says ”Hillary's a key player, of course. Hillary's a critical part of this. But this is not some effort by Hillary to redeem herself!"

She's not trying to be a public voice for the party, she's just raising money for new, young blood to take on Trump.

But yes, let's continue to shit on Hillary for doing something that is ostensibly good because we can't get over the fucking primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom