• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary to sidestep democratic process by claiming phantom delagates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
Phoenix said:
Wow. When some KKK members (and apparently the KKK organization) would more readily endorse a black man than a white woman, you KNOW she will have some SERIOUS issues actually getting elected.

Wow, I didn't even make that association when I saw that picture. Forgot KKK hate black people. :lol

Phoenix said:
Wow. When some KKK members (and apparently the KKK organization) would more readily endorse a black man than a white woman, you KNOW she will have some SERIOUS issues actually getting elected.

Any Democrat who thinks Hillary is a better candidate for the General Election really needs to step outside their own point of view and really look hard at the situation. I don't think it has anything to do with Hillary being a woman, it's about Hillary's obscene quest for power. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

killakiz said:
kkkHillaryObama.jpg
...Oh my motherfucking god... Is that real??

gkryhewy

Okay, I found the Blitzer transcript on this bullshit. The interwebs are grand!

Situation Room said:
BLITZER: So, you think it could go well beyond March 4th and into the end of April, when Pennsylvania is going to have their primary?

CAPUTO: I think we will be having a different talk about momentum after March 4th if Hillary Clinton captures Texas and Ohio, where she has very strong labor roots, very strong Hispanic roots, as I said earlier, in Texas.

BLITZER: What do you want, as somebody who clearly supports Hillary Clinton, to happen with the voters, the Democrats, in Michigan and Florida who were stripped of any delegates because they moved up their primaries before Super Tuesday?

CAPUTO: Well, I look -- Hillary Clinton has been very clear about that. I mean, she went to Florida and thanked them for their votes.

(CROSSTALK)

BLITZER: She didn't campaign there and he didn't campaign there. And his name was not even on the ballot in Michigan.

(CROSSTALK)

CAPUTO: Right, because of the Democratic National Committee situation there. But I think that, look, we just have to wait and see.

(CROSSTALK)

BLITZER: Do you want them to have caucuses now, those two states? Because it's unlikely they could organize a primary, given the expense.

CAPUTO: No, I think they have spoken. I those states have spoken.

BLITZER: Well, they haven't really spoken because no one campaigned there. Her name and Dennis Kucinich's name were on the ballot in Michigan. Barack Obama's name was not even on the ballot.

CAPUTO: But she won those states.

BLITZER: I know, but that's not exactly fair, considering his name wasn't even on the ballot or that they couldn't -- none of them could even campaign there.

(CROSSTALK)

CAPUTO: That's a Democratic National Committee process issue.

BLITZER: But you can't say she won those states.

CAPUTO: But she did win the states.

BLITZER: With all of his hands tied behind his back?

CAPUTO: Well, you could make the same argument in caucuses, where Hillary Clinton perhaps didn't invest any money.

BLITZER: But she could do whatever she -- she had a lot of money. She had $100 million. She could do whatever she wanted in those states.

(CROSSTALK)

CAPUTO: Well, I think watch for March 4th.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol this is even better than some of the sales-age PR stuff.

BLITZER: But you can't say she won those states.

CAPUTO: But she did win the states.

BLITZER: With all of his hands tied behind his back?

CAPUTO: Well, you could make the same argument in caucuses, where Hillary Clinton perhaps didn't invest any money.

Joe

thanks for the transcript!

i swear, everytime i hear/read something from the clinton campaign it's cringe worthy.

Phoenix

ToxicAdam said:
Well, that depends on how bitter Obama supporters are. If they choose to stay home in November, it could help out McCain.

But, I argue that Obama will have an equally tough road to hoe with moderates in both parties as they will favor McCain because of his vast Senate experience, war experience and bipartisan tendencies. Things that play very favorably to the voting bloc that ends up deciding national elections.

You can't win, unless you win the middle.

Absolutely agree. But if Obama doesn't get the nomination because some shit like this - most people will likely stay at home. While McCain isn't my first choice, for many he is an acceptable enough choice. If Hillary get the nom, I would be absolutely surprised and amazed if the white house isn't republican come 2009.

gkryhewy

teruterubozu said:
Yeah, I don't get these rants about CNN supporting Hillary.
Wolf has been pretty harsh on her every time I tune in.

They've been very generous with her superdelegate numbers since the beginning.

Brannon

Claiming questionable delegates, accusations of plagarisim which could easily be proven to be false with only a bit of effort, not financially responsible with campaign money and it's not anywhere near November yet. Yeah, fine qualities for a presidential nominee. Especially that last one; if you can't manage mere campaign money, how will you manage the shit-as-fuck financial situation that is the United States?

I would like to know.

ToxicAdam

Phoenix said:
Absolutely agree. But if Obama doesn't get the nomination because some shit like this - most people will likely stay at home. While McCain isn't my first choice, for many he is an acceptable enough choice. If Hillary get the nom, I would be absolutely surprised and amazed if the white house isn't republican come 2009.

Yes. It's a very real possibility. One that the LEADERS OF THE DNC should seek to avert at all costs. Regardless of the outcome of this primary season, the Dems have to change their process so this cannot occur again.

So, I don't really blame Hillary for this .. it falls on the DNC leaders that let this become a possibility. Something that can cost them their overall goal .. a Democratic president.

killakiz

HolyStar said:
What, you mean even white supremacist would rather vote for a black man than Hillary :lol ? Wow, this should just tell everyone how bad hillary is.
this picture is fake guys, taken from the dailysquib a satirical news site.

JKBii

I hope she gets them. And I hope that pushes her over Obama. This way McCain won't have to spend money on attack ads.

As a Hillary supporter this shit pisses me off. I live in Michigan and know a shit ton of people who voted "uncommited" on the ballot instead of voting for Hillary; I decided to play around in the republican primary instead as Kos suggested, but I voted for Huckster instead of Romney lol.

She trying to turn this into a civil rights type fight when in reality she agreed that those delegates shouldn't matter. I will say this though: keeping her name on the Michigan ballot was a good idea.

harSon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
As a Hillary supporter this shit pisses me off. I live in Michigan and know a shit ton of people who voted "uncommited" on the ballot instead of voting for Hillary; I decided to play around in the republican primary instead as Kos suggested, but I voted for Huckster instead of Romney lol.

She trying to turn this into a civil rights type fight when in reality she agreed that those delegates shouldn't matter. I will say this though: keeping her name on the Michigan ballot was a sleazy idea.

Fixed.

SUPREME1

Banned

LCGeek

formerly sane
DNC caused most of this mess then again the states should've stuck to the rules despite the fact they had a legit point. So glad I'm in obama camp now she does so much shit that makes me wonder how I could've taken her seriously then again only reason I wanted her in wasn't for policy rather world empowerment of women in backwards world.

Walshicus

Zenith said:
Wow, she's so morally upstanding. I can't wait to have her running the most powerful country in the world.
She'd still probably be better than Barack "I stand for nothing, have no convictions beyond a nebulous call for change and will likely turn into a fucking awful clone of Tony Blair with all his fucking awful politics" Obama.

killakiz said:
this picture is fake guys, taken from the dailysquib a satirical news site.
Oh. That sucks. Well, when you look at that picture (minus the words), your looking at the majority of this country's mantality no matter if they will admit it or not.

I just wanted to say that, and fuck Wolf Blitzer, and I don't understand any of this deligate loop hole shit. It's too confusing and corrupt to be fair.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Sir Fragula said:
She'd still probably be better than Barack "I stand for nothing, have no convictions beyond a nebulous call for change and will likely turn into a fucking awful clone of Tony Blair with all his fucking awful politics" Obama.

Must... resists... urge... to quote tag... must... resist...

Dark Octave said:
Oh. That sucks. Well, when you look at that picture (minus the words), your looking at the majority of this country's mantality no matter if they will admit it or not.

Give me a fucking break. I got a kick out of your spelling error, by the way.

pxleyes

Banned
gkrykewy said:
They've been very generous with her superdelegate numbers since the beginning.
So? They are just counting it how they want to count it. That doesn't mean ANY of the on air personalities support the numbers or Hillary in general.

Sir Fragula said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sir Fragula said:

Wah wah wah. Go and educate yourself on his policies, it's literally 2 clicks away.

Or do you expect his speeches be Ben Stein-esque reviews of his stances on everything from foreign policy to favorite beer lasting 3 or 4 hours every day each day?

Walshicus

reilo said:
Must... resists... urge... to quote tag... must... resist...
I don't get the link... Huh?

Look, I've seen politicians come and go. I've studied politicians from Europe, India, China and America. I know how politics work, and I just know that Barack Obama will turn out to be yet another Tony Blair-style politician. He resonates because he has a clean slate and appeals to young people... just like Tony Blair did. He has no clearly defined objective beyond "change... just like Tony Blair did.

I'd much rather see someone who knows what they're doing in the US' White House.

Triumph

Banned
Sir Fragula said:
Yeah... no.

Triumph

Banned
Sir Fragula said:

Look, I've seen politicians come and go. I've studied politicians from Europe, India, China and America. I know how politics work, and I just know that Barack Obama will turn out to be yet another Tony Blair-style politician. He resonates because he has a clean slate and appeals to young people... just like Tony Blair did. He has no clearly defined objective beyond "change... just like Tony Blair did.

I'd much rather see someone who knows what they're doing in the US' White House.
How is Hillary that person?

LCGeek

formerly sane
Outdoor Miner said:
34 YEARS!!!

I'm sick of that argument I've seen hillary's experience it's not something to brag about. If anything obama's lack of experience is good it will keep him from doing this bi partisan bs we've been seeing since the 80's at the least it's what I tell myself.

gkryhewy

Sir Fragula said:

The fact that you're referring to Hillary Clinton with this sentence is hilarious :lol :lol :lol :lol . But hey, I'm not a global political savant like you, what do I know?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Sir Fragula said:

You've studied politicians from China?

Sir Fragula said:

Que pasa?

I hate to join the Obama group-think here, but I want you to stop right now and think about what you've just said. Did you think for more than five seconds before you put together all the impressions you've garnered from watching the occasional Obama speech snippets shown on the news and what little else you've skimmed through on the internet into one neat little post? The moral of this story is, if you don't actually know what you're talking about, you shouldn't be talking in the first place. Please.

Sir Fragula said:

A lot of people said that about Kevin Rudd, but so far, he's really come good in meeting the objectives that he's promised. (I don't doubt that he'll start falling short in certain aspects of government policy in the future, but overall, my expectations have been met so far) Don't categorize or pigeon-whole "change" politicians in one basket here. Men like FDR can exist in the modern era, and while I understand your cynicism, there's always the chance that Obama won't go down the Blair path. I'd like to see your reasoning as to why Hillary Clinton would be the better candidate in this context.

echoshifting said:
Give me a fucking break. I got a kick out of your spelling error, by the way.
:lol No, you give me a break. Your an English teacher now? I had no idea the Scripps National Spelling Bee started with this thread. If you can't find anything legit to pick on, shut the hell up.

Flo_Evans

The 'vague' talking point is starting to get old folks.

Go watch a full interview. He says that his campaign was worried at first he was too 'wordy' and normal folk wouldn't be able to understand him. Much to their surprise he is also very good at simplifying his message to motivate the masses.

Walshicus

Cooter said:
You've studied politicians from China?
I'd hardly call them politicians really, until recently most of them were either old soldiers or engineers and chemists and the like given positions of power. Chinese politics just isn't worth bothering about unless you're being paid to do it - nobody needs the hassle of remembering whether a dozen leading small groups, commissions or select committees are State, Party or Military bodies. :(

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Sir Fragula said:
I'd hardly call them politicians really, until recently most of them were either old soldiers or engineers and chemists and the like given positions of power. Chinese politics just isn't worth bothering about unless you're being paid to do it - nobody needs the hassle of remembering whether a dozen leading small groups, commissions or select committees are State, Party or Military bodies. :(

Thanks for clarifying. I've never heard of Chinese politicians before.

JDSN

Banned
I was just kidding about the misogynistic thing, but then again considering the amount of bullshit that some people post here it doesnt surprise me that you guys took me seriously. :D

Dyno

Politics at any level is filled with certain amount of douchebaggery, it's more of a question of how smoothly and unobtrusively one plays it.

Regardless of what Hilary wanted in the end she should have kept her mouth shut. Now this topic is going to be brought up where ever she goes.

Bad play Hildawg, bad play...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom